We've Got Your Back, Bill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: We've Got Your Back, Bill

In Response to Re: We've Got Your Back, Bill:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've Got Your Back, Bill : I was thinking along similar lines. The Herald is in "full Tomase" and the Globe, save honorable exceptions, is half way there. At least, I believe they will have no impact on the coach and the team, except perhaps bulletin board material. That used to come only from the other team.
    Posted by pucela[/QUOTE]

The bias on all things, and the attitude of these so-called sportswriters is one of the reasons why both the Herald and the Globe are in financial trouble.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

[QUOTE]Well TP, I'm glad you've come around on this.  Believe me, I've been almost physically sick all day about this, but BB recognized a screw-job when he saw it coming, and his decision was dictated by that.  I don't question it myself; I'm just unhappy that the team didn't execute the play.  But this too shall pass.  I don't understand why the other league owners put up with this from Indy though.  I mean, the Steelers almost got screwed in that dividional playoff in 2005 on that outrageous call that took away Polamalu's interception.  I can definitely see why Ocho Cinco had that money out. HA!
    Posted by LuvsThosePats[/QUOTE]
    Dude... ever here of the tuck rule?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

[QUOTE]LOVE YOUR POST!!! I have been saying similar things in different threads, but you nailed it!  Hero/Goat status is seperated by a VERY thin line, and you can't wind up on the right side of it all the time.  At least he has the guts to try.  In SB36, Madden says " oh, they will take a knee here and go into overtime"  Bill knew whoever got the ball would score and win, and so he played to win the game.  I loved his guts then, and still do.  Sometimes it doesnt work out.  2007 was one time, now this is another.  I'M STILL HERE.  AND BILL B IS STILL THE ONLY COACH IN THE NFL I WOULD WANT RUNNING MY TEAM.  btw, is Jim Caldwell not the scariest thing on earth?  Its like he's carved out of soap, he doesn't move at all.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    Dude have you ever listened to Bellachick speak.... I threw my Ambiane away

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

[QUOTE]I think this is a good post, to remind everybody the great great things BB has done for this league and this team. Yesterday call  WORK NICELY !!!! but the refs did not think so. FAULK made it by at least 1/4 a yard, but the Refs did not want to get into trouble with Polian. I´m happy to have a Coach that still plays the game like a men, that gambles and is not afraid of the outcome. This is the best way to build a great team once again, to gamble with draft picks, to gamble with last minute trades, to gamble with ex QB`s playing WR, to gamble recluting wrestlers as OL, to gamble playing with rookies, to Gamble with 40 years old LB, to gamble with intelligence and to gamble with passion for reaching excellence. Bill Belichick has our back !!!
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE] and to gamble with videdo tape

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

[QUOTE]wow i feel like getting a punching bag, and naming it Tony Maz, and putting his weasel like face on it and punching it till my knuckles bleed... lol  he is so damn annoying on the radio. He should stick with baseball because he brings nothing to the table as a football analyst.  My problems with bill last nite had nothing to do with going for it on the 4th. My problem on that series was the draw play on 1st down... I knew it was coming, and i guess so did the colts. I wish they would have just set up the power run and rammed it down their throats... and 3rd and 2... if they knew they might go for it on 4th. Please set up the power run and run the ball, or even sneak brady, i'd b confident they'd pick up the 1st down. Had no problem with 4th and 2, like i said... maybe a better play though. Something in the middle of the field would have worked. Honestly, i dont think going for it on 4th and 2 was a diss to the defense. It was a CHALLENGE to the offense and it failed. This has been the 4th game that i can count where the pats offense has had the chance to put the game away by getting a first down, and they have failed. This offense needs to get the first down when it counts the most. What is bill known for... SITUATIONAL FOOTBALL. That was prime example of situational football. Put the fn game away... 2 tries to get 2 yards... Not to mention, peyton manning was on the other side. It was a good decision, it was horrible execution. This offense has been horrible during the end of games, not counting the buffalo game. They couldnt get 1st down against denver, and they scored and beat us... Same thing against baltimore, but clayton dropped a first down, and we got lucky.. Luckily in my opinion, last nite's game will not have a huge impact. I think we are still in the position to grab the 2nd bye, and even with the win last nite, it was going to require going perfect the rest of the way and asking the colts to lose 1 game to have last night's game matter in the overall picture.
    Posted by Coolguy55220[/QUOTE]honest evauluation of the situation... If the Colts have to play the Patriots again in the playoffs... no one can say who will when... I do believe injuries the rest off the way will be the deciding factor

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

[QUOTE]DOES IT MATTER? BELICHICK IS ANGRY NOW... YOU REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME HE WAS ANGRY?  SPYGATE, BRADY RALLIED THE TROOPS AND EXPLODED FOR THE GREATEST OFFENSIVE ATTACK THE NFL HAS EVER SEEN.  I THINK FROM HERE ON OUT THESE PATS ARE GONNA BE SO SICK, SO UNCONTROLLABLE, THAT TEAMS WILL TREMBLE TO CROSS PATHS WITH THEM
    Posted by Gulo[/QUOTE]
    Boy I`m glad you put the nfl on notice

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

[QUOTE]TP, thank you for the thread. With BB all the way. There's no other coach I'd like to have running the Pats. I actually liked the guts, even if I wish the call had been better and didn't give the crappy refs the chance to be as biased as every time the Pats play the Colts. But never mind, we're with you Bill Belichick! I have rarely felt as disgusted by the Boston sport press as the last couple of days. I am glad that neither Robert Kraft nor BB care a whit about anything they have to say.
    Posted by pucela[/QUOTE]
    Your right the same people "sports writers, ect' would have worshipped had they got it

Sections
Shortcuts