WFAN's Francesa and NYG Announcer Banks in a tizzy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

WFAN's Francesa and NYG Announcer Banks in a tizzy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y466OCXGFbQ

Semantic Argument Over the Word Quit. Who's Right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: WFAN's Francesa and NYG Announcer Banks in a tizzy

Well . . .    I don't really care who's right, but your use of the word "tizzy" reminded me of that scene in Yellowbeard where Blind Pew kills everyone in the public house and when the Queen's men come in to investigate he says "It sounded as if there was a bit of a squabble."

Then Eric Idle says:"Squabble? They're all dead!" and Pew replies: "Oh. Must have been more of a tiff, then."

It doesn't get much funnier than that . . .  I don't think.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

Well . . .    I don't really care who's right, but your use of the word "tizzy" reminded me of that scene in Yellowbeard where Blind Pew kills everyone in the public house and when the Queen's men come in to investigate he says "It sounded as if there was a bit of a squabble."

Then Eric Idle says:"Squabble? They're all dead!" and Pew replies: "Oh. Must have been more of a tiff, then."

It doesn't get much funnier than that . . .  I don't think.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

Thanks for the memory; IDLE was in MP, of course; a big MP fan myself. Great skits, plus GRAIL, BRIAN, and Wanda are among my faves.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/raissman-quit-putting-words-banks-mouth-article-1.1469124

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

If I were paraphrasing Banks I would have said "he said the Giants never showed up".  That's a different thing, and closer to what Banks was saying.  Banks said (correctly) that the Giants showed no emotion or fight the entire game.  To say they "quit" suggests something occurred during the game to make them quit.  That's inaccurate.

And if some guys are tools, MF is the complete toolbox.  Mad Dog carried him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

20 minute youtube convo about the Giants.

No thanks!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Who cares about the Giants!  They are 0-3, couldn't get up to win last weeks game for their coach who was going through a tough time.  No heart!  Will be 0-4 after this weekend and their next two games will be tough too.  They could actually be 0-6 after week 6.

Not going to listen but I bet Francesca is wrong here, probably tries to tear Banks down by over analyzing everything Carl Banks says.  Typical Francesca garbage.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nyjetsssucc's comment:

Agreed...there can never be enough turmoil in the House of Crud that is the NY football Gints...Unless , of course, it's the House of the Absurd which is the NY Jets

Very true!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

If I were paraphrasing Banks I would have said "he said the Giants never showed up".  That's a different thing, and closer to what Banks was saying.  Banks said (correctly) that the Giants showed no emotion or fight the entire game.  To say they "quit" suggests something occurred during the game to make them quit.  That's inaccurate.

And if some guys are tools, MF is the complete toolbox.  Mad Dog carried him.

Exactly what I thought

quit is a four letter word. if you insinuate it but don't say you haven't said it... If. banks wanted to say it he would have. this Giant team hasn't showed up all year. there entire team was made up of great linemen, very very good receivers, and Eli who can be very good at crunch time but is also the luckiest Qb Ive ever seen. he is not a HoFer like they want to say around here.

This year both lines have crumbled, so Eli and the recovers are in for a long year. they have no lbs, DBS, or Rbs Either. 

And if you have ever had to listen to Banks do a game, you are very fortunate, he is a whiner and a moaner

I am enjoying this immensely 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

its the Gaints, who cares?

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nyjetsssucc's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Who cares about the Giants!  They are 0-3, couldn't get up to win last weeks game for their coach who was going through a tough time.  No heart!  Will be 0-4 after this weekend and their next two games will be tough too.  They could actually be 0-6 after week 6.

Not going to listen but I bet Francesca is wrong here, probably tries to tear Banks down by over analyzing everything Carl Banks says.  Typical Francesca garbage.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Agreed...there can never be enough turmoil in the House of Crud that is the NY football Gints...Unless , of course, it's the House of the Absurd which is the NY Jets

[/QUOTE]

Get over the SBs already

Sections
Shortcuts