What (2) FA do you want the most?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

What (2) FA do you want the most?

You can pick (1) on offense and (1) on defense:

On D... for me, it's Cleveland S TJ Ward.  NE has been lacking a S that can both cover and smack you in the mouth since Rodney left, and Ward can be that guy.  He's one of the better run defending safeties in the NFL, according to PFF, and is solid in coverage as well.

On O... give me Anquan Boldin.  I just love the way this guy plays the game and he'll bring a veteran presence and a lot of size and toughness to the O.  He's a proven #1 type WR.  I'm also very interested in Seattle's RFA WR Doug Baldwin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: What (2) FA do you want the most?

Agree on that. 100% all the way.

Boldin wouldnt do much in the regular season, as he always seems to do.

but come playoffs, he is money which is what we've lacked. A big physical WR who can play playoff football

TJ Ward could help change this whole defenses philosophy. and if he did come here... in my book he would be absolved of the Gronk hit if he does that to other teams. not injuring them but blowing guys up

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I like your choices but i feel like Ward would cost too much. I'm looking to scoop up 2 Ravens. Dennis Pitta and Arthur Jones. They both would be a great addition to the team. I think Jones is more realistic than Pitta but you never know.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Agree on that. 100% all the way.

Boldin wouldnt do much in the regular season, as he always seems to do.

but come playoffs, he is money which is what we've lacked. A big physical WR who can play playoff football

TJ Ward could help change this whole defenses philosophy. and if he did come here... in my book he would be absolved of the Gronk hit if he does that to other teams. not injuring them but blowing guys up

Boldin has been a solid WR in the regular season as well, averaging 77-1,031-6 during his career... he's definitely been a good playoff performer as well as you mentioned.

I think the NE locker room would welcome Ward... he seemed to handle things the right way after the Gronk play.... went up to him after the play to talk to him... seemed to man up, show respect/remorse... didn't seem like he intentionally tryed to injure Gronk.... just a bang/bang play and he went low (within the rules) to avoid being trucked.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

I like your choices but i feel like Ward would cost too much. I'm looking to scoop up 2 Ravens. Dennis Pitta and Arthur Jones. They both would be a great addition to the team. I think Jones is more realistic than Pitta but you never know.

I really like both of those as targets. I think Ward will cost too much and it would almost be as bad as signing bernard Pollard considering he blasted Gronks knee. I know they're all pro's but man! I really like the idea of getting Maclin on an incentive based contract that shouldn't be too expensive. 

But if Mb's point was you can take any player on offense or defense without monetary restrictions I go Jimmy Graham on offense and...

"The Kraken" Greg Hardy the DE from Carolina on defense...rotate Jones, Nink and Hardy with Nink filling in at OLB(possibly move Collins to an in the box safety and replace with Nink). Anyway, Hardy has 26 sacks his last 2 years and a stout run defender! He should be the top rated defensive FA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Boldin has been a solid WR in the regular season as well, averaging 77-1,031-6 during his career... he's definitely been a good playoff performer as well.

I think the NE locker room would welcome Ward... he seemed to handle things the right way after the Gronk play.... went up to him after the play to talk to him... seemed to man up, show respect/remorse... didn't seem like he intentionally tryed to injure Gronk.... just a bang/bang play and he went low (within the rules) to avoid being trucked.  

Boldin stats arent as good as they used to be but that comes with age. but im not complaining at all just sayingI wouldnt hold him to a high standard in the regular season.

Yeah, the knee shot was a product of the NFL rules and not his intentions. tough position for safeties in the league especially when they have to tackle guys like Gronk w/o taking out their heads. All i know is, i certainly would welcome him no doubt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

It was tough for me to put restrictions on this exercise as BB has shown a willingness to spend at times in the past if there's a player he wanted... within reason... so just use your better judgement.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Solid choices MB, but I'm not sure Boldin is realistic. We could of had him right before he was a Ravens but didn't want to pay the extension. Since hen his years might have gone down but I don't think the price has so not sure BB would pick up the bill.

Ward is someone I would love to have. He's exactly the player we need, high talent in a position of need just entering his prime and is playing at a probowl level. It's exactly why BB won't sign him.

Looking over the FA list Raji stands out as a BB pick up. Former 1st round pick who hasn't played all that great in the last two years. Most likely come at a lower cost maybe even a short term prove it deal to rebuild his rep for a big contract a year or two down the line. The other I can see is Charles Tillman. Taller CB coming off an injury with a lot of miles on his wheels but might have some left in the tank for a year or two. That injury in combination with being 33 might make him more of a lower cost vet option if Chi decides they need to move on without him. Don't also forget about Sanders. The Pats wanted him last offseason and he showed signs of being a good #2 WR again this year but never really took off in Pitt. Might be a lower cost option then resigning Edelman 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Solid choices MB, but I'm not sure Boldin is realistic. We could of had him right before he was a Ravens but didn't want to pay the extension. Since hen his years might have gone down but I don't think the price has so not sure BB would pick up the bill.

Ward is someone I would love to have. He's exactly the player we need, high talent in a position of need just entering his prime and is playing at a probowl level. It's exactly why BB won't sign him.

Looking over the FA list Raji stands out as a BB pick up. Former 1st round pick who hasn't played all that great in the last two years. Most likely come at a lower cost maybe even a short term prove it deal to rebuild his rep for a big contract a year or two down the line. The other I can see is Charles Tillman. Taller CB coming off an injury with a lot of miles on his wheels but might have some left in the tank for a year or two. That injury in combination with being 33 might make him more of a lower cost vet option if Chi decides they need to move on without him. Don't also forget about Sanders. The Pats wanted him last offseason and he showed signs of being a good #2 WR again this year but never really took off in Pitt. Might be a lower cost option then resigning Edelman 

Tillman has been a turnover generating machine as well, right?  Also seems like an off the field fit from the Kraft's perspective, believe he won the Walter Payton MOTY award this season?

I'd also bee fully on board with Sanders (was hoping that RFA deal went throught last year), I remember most of us wanting him out of SMU as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

It was tough for me to put restrictions on this exercise as BB has shown a willingness to spend at times in the past if there's a player he wanted... within reason... so just use your better judgement.

[/QUOTE]

In realistic terms I would like to see Dennis Pita as we need another play maker at TE, and Randy Starks. They both might cost too much, but we might be close. Starks can fill a need at DT if we move on from VW or Kelly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tillman has been a turnover generating machine as well, right?  

I'd also bee fully on board with Sanders (was hoping that RFA deal went throught last year), I remember most of us wanting him out of SMU as well.

[/QUOTE]

Tillman forces fumbles with the best of them, but looked really slow last year, I watched a few Bears games,he was fighting injury though.! I like Maclin over Sanders, I think he is a much better route runner and has top end speed on the outside. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In realistic terms I would like to see Dennis Pita as we need another play maker at TE, and Randy Starks. They both might cost too much, but we might be close. Starks can fill a need at DT if we move on from VW or Kelly.

[/QUOTE]

I really wanted Starks last year and was disappointed to hear he got tagged. No way Mia lets him go and they have more money to pay him then we do. Still love to have him though

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tillman has been a turnover generating machine as well, right?  Also seems like an off the field fit from the Kraft's perspective, believe he won the Walter Payton MOTY award this season?

[/QUOTE]

He's got an uncanny ability to punch the ball up and averages 3-4ints a year. The only issue is that he's slowed down with his age. Still like to have him if the price is right and move Ryan inside to the slot position. I think that would be an overall upgrade if they can get DRC and Tillman having them in rotation with Dennard and kick Ryan inside using Arrington as a dime CB or converting him to SS which might be a better position for him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/02/jeremy_maclin_eagles_now_take_center_stage.html

The Star thinks we could be in the running to steal Maclin. I've always admired his career and seems like a quiet workman type!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I really wanted Starks last year and was disappointed to hear he got tagged. No way Mia lets him go and they have more money to pay him then we do. Still love to have him though

[/QUOTE]

They have another FA DT as well, but guessing Starks is a priority after the tag, plus they have cap room. I would take Arthur Jones as my runner up. The Jon Bones Jones D line would be pretty cool! I think he could slide from gap stuffing 3-4 DE to 4-3 DT.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

You can pick (1) on offense and (1) on defense:

On D... for me, it's Cleveland S TJ Ward.  NE has been lacking a S that can both cover and smack you in the mouth since Rodney left, and Ward can be that guy.  He's one of the better run defending safeties in the NFL, according to PFF, and is solid in coverage as well.

On O... give me Anquan Boldin.  I just love the way this guy plays the game and he'll bring a veteran presence and a lot of size and toughness to the O.  He's a proven #1 type WR.  I'm also very interested in Seattle's RFA WR Doug Baldwin.

[/QUOTE]

Youch. I usually agree with you, but I wouldn't want either for the money they'll ask for. 

Ward won't fix this defense's issues. Boldin is old and a bad investment. 

My two FAs in a reasonable dream scenario would be Alex Mack and Linval Joseph. 

That is about 13-15 million per for both of them, and a possible cap hit of 8 for the both in year one. But they would add defensive line presence and offensive line presence.That won't happen though. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/02/jeremy_maclin_eagles_now_take_center_stage.html

The Star thinks we could be in the running to steal Maclin. I've always admired his career and seems like a quiet workman type!

[/QUOTE]

If they can get him on a 1-2 yr deal sign me up but I'm always weary of WRs coming off ACL injures who we haven't seen on the field yet. If we had a solid WR core adding him ACL or not would be a no brainer but with the WR core still sky high in the air I'd might prefer a more stable player. Maclin and Sanders both have high upside and shouldn't cost a ton entering their primes. Decker is a little easier to say he'd adjust to Brady seeing how he adjusted so well to Manning but the price tag might be too high. Boldin might be a higher price tag too but he knows how to use his big body so they can simplfy his routes and let him adjust easier not to mention it would be a shorter term deal. Really I'd take any of the 4 but Maclin and Sanders seem like the higher likely scenerios if they even sign a WR this offseason. I'm not counting on either Harrison or Moe but both can make a show this summer and knock Thompkins off the team. This might give BB pause to sign a vet WR if he feels Dobson and Boyce can make a leap next year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is . Maclin never makes noise. He's just a player. 

I wonder about Eagles' WRs. They feed off of Desean Jackson. He opens up 1-1s for those guys. I wonder if Maclin can make waves as "the guy" in an offense. 

But you are right. He is a high character WR, with instincts and spinter speed. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

On Defense Pollard and on Offense Incognito both bring a nastiness to their positions. Alternative choices would be Verner on defense, and Decker on Offense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Alex Mack and Linval Joseph have been the two guys I have been mentioning for months now Z, good guy. They are 'within reason' but certainly expensive.

After that I would go with Arthur Jones and Zane Beadles

Finally Everson Griffen and Richie Incognito

I also think the Pats are going to pickup a WR, CB and depth ILB to replace Spikes.

Break the bank at DE/DT to get Chandler's brother Arthur

Go cheaper risk/reward at OG with Incognito

Spend a little a CB with Talib, Captain or Brent Grimes (or split that 5-7 million between Charles Tillman and Walter Thurmond)

Go cheaper at ILB with the recently cut Stephen Nicholas, Karlos Dansby or Wesley Woodyard replacing Spikes (and a day 2 draft pick replacing Fletcher)

Get a downfield complementary WR like Maclin, Tate or Emmanual Sanders

draft a TE, tall WR and SS in addition to the atheltic ILB with our first 4 picks. Probably too much to ask for but who knows. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

[QUOTE]

He is . Maclin never makes noise. He's just a player. 

I wonder about Eagles' WRs. They feed off of Desean Jackson. He opens up 1-1s for those guys. I wonder if Maclin can make waves as "the guy" in an offense. 

But you are right. He is a high character WR, with instincts and spinter speed. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know if I would expect #1 receiver numbers but a solid possession receiver who can run routes well, and has enough speed to stretch the field. I really don't see Brady at this stage with a 90 catch 1,300 yard down field guy. I could see Maclin coming in and getting 70 plus balls for 1,000 yards and 8tds though. Maclin and Dobson on the outside with KT and Boyce as back ups, Danny in the slot with Moe as a possible back up. Draft a TE or if we still have the room go after Pita! I'd be happy with that offense going into next year. Anything Gronk could give would be a bonus!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts