What a CHEAP SHOT!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

What a CHEAP SHOT!

In his motion, Brady released the football.
    The ball is down field and Haynesworth still
    drove him into the ground? Where's the FLAG?
    That's roughing the passer! That was such
    a CHEAP SHOT. Come Goodell, roll the tape
    and lay out a fine to Haynesworth.
    You know it's the right thing to do!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: What a CHEAP SHOT!

At least he didn't step on Tom's face! I'm not sure he actually drove him into the ground. The guy is almost 350, gravity did most of the driving for him!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Haynesworth has a reputation as a cheap shot artist.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I think Brady will be ok, definitely give him next week off

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

it was not a cheap shot. brady just landed in the bad way. i'm sure if he tucked his arm instead of putting it out (like everyone is taught) he still would have been shaken up.

let's see how the arm turns out in practice and what happens next week before jumping to conclusions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

hopefully there isnt anything wrong with the rotator cuff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

This is a silly thread.  Especially from fans of a team who like to tell everyone how tough their team is and how soft every other team is.  For a team known for giving the extra shot - falling on players on the ground rather than touching them - attempting to poke other teams players eyes out - embracing the perennial dirtiest player in the league player. 

Do you know that for all of the years you guys spent calling the colts soft - calling out Haynesworth for that play makes you the ultimate hypocrites. 

Maybe the league should should allow Brady to wear the off color jersey so it identifies him as not being allowed to be hit. 

Brady looked sharp last night.  I think he will be fine, if not a little sore for a couple of weeks.  The good news is that the 4th preseason game is usually not much for the starting O. 

If there were one criticism of Brady (and this is nitpicking), it seemed Moss was his only receiver.  Now, if Moss is open, you throw to him (which is why it was nitpicking), but I have to believe pats fans hope to see the ball spread around a little more.  And I do realize that Welker was not playing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to What a CHEAP SHOT!:
    In his motion, Brady released the football. The ball is down field and Haynesworth still drove him into the ground? Where's the FLAG? That's roughing the passer! That was such a CHEAP SHOT. Come Goodell, roll the tape and lay out a fine to Haynesworth. You know it's the right thing to do!
    Posted by longhairjoe

From what I saw, it didn't look cheap at all.  He was a little late getting it away and the hit was the same as we got a number of times on their quarterbacks.  It is fine to be a fan, as I also am, but don't let it cloud your judgement.  There was nothing "cheap" about that tackle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Re: What a CHEAP SHOT!:
    If there were one criticism of Brady (and this is nitpicking), it seemed Moss was his only receiver.  Now, if Moss is open, you throw to him (which is why it was nitpicking), but I have to believe pats fans hope to see the ball spread around a little more.  And I do realize that Welker was not playing.
    Posted by underdogg

Brady is a master of taking everything given to him.  If they are single covering Moss, then he will keep going to Moss.  If they double cover Moss, then he will find the open guy.  That is why he so great.  Forget the nitpick.  A better one would have been "when will Galloway hold onto a ball and run the right route?".

Also, the "D" was pretty bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

It was a clean shot pure and simple.Stop whining.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In his motion, Brady released the football. The ball is down field and Haynesworth still drove him into the ground? Where's the FLAG? That's roughing the passer! That was such a CHEAP SHOT. Come Goodell, roll the tape and lay out a fine to Haynesworth. You know it's the right thing to do!
    Posted by longhairjoe

Its called football and all that happened is both players fell to the ground with Brady having his arm in an awkward position.  Quit being a cry-baby!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Posted by longhairjoe

You are a panzy.  Maybe you should watch baseball if this game is too tough for you ya f*ckin h omo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

For a team known for giving the extra shot - falling on players on the ground rather than touching them - attempting to poke other teams players eyes out - embracing the perennial dirtiest player in the league player.  Posted by underdogg

"Known for giving the extra shot"? Known by whom? I've been watching Patriot football for 39 years and I've never seen an eye poking.
    I'd say the more accurate assessment is that bitter trolls like you simply fabricate this type of stuff out of pure jealosy of the best team in football.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

This is a silly thread.  Especially from fans of a team who like to tell everyone how tough their team is and how soft every other team is.  For a team known for giving the extra shot - falling on players on the ground rather than touching them - attempting to poke other teams players eyes out - embracing the perennial dirtiest player in the league player.  Do you know that for all of the years you guys spent calling the colts soft - calling out Haynesworth for that play makes you the ultimate hypocrites.  Maybe the league should should allow Brady to wear the off color jersey so it identifies him as not being allowed to be hit.  Brady looked sharp last night.  I think he will be fine, if not a little sore for a couple of weeks.  The good news is that the 4th preseason game is usually not much for the starting O.  If there were one criticism of Brady (and this is nitpicking), it seemed Moss was his only receiver.  Now, if Moss is open, you throw to him (which is why it was nitpicking), but I have to believe pats fans hope to see the ball spread around a little more.  And I do realize that Welker was not playing.
    Posted by underdogg

Wow, something about your self righteous drivel inspires me to post, I read this blog, along with the Red Sox blog most days, but rarely feel inspired to respond

What would your thought be if I was to say that your Colts were the ulimate finesse (read:soft) team in 2003-2004, and when smashed in the mouth by the Patriots in the playoffs, your holier than though Colts took your football home and used your undue influence on the NFL competition committee to get the rules governing pass defense changed to eliminate one of the main ways the Patriots were throttling your mighty Colts annually?

FYI - not that I ever waste my time reading the blogs of other teams, as I am not a fan, if Peyton Manning took the hit that Brady did last year, or last night, I think it likely that I would find posts like this one on the site. So why don't you use your energy to police your own teams site?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heddy. Show heddy's posts

Holy Cow! Now THAT was a "cheap" shot? I knew that comment was coming and I am not dissappointed. Another knee-jerk, "seeing what what isn't close to being there, if you breathe in Brady's direction it's a "cheap" shot" bit of nonsense! Some Pats fans are beyond pathetic!
    Posted by JintsFan
    Jintsfan, you are 100% correct. The opinions of the dope who started this thread don't reflect the opinions of Patriot Nation. It was a good clean hit end of story. Brady will be fine. He won't see another pre season snap but will light up the Bills on 9-14

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

Holy Cow! Now THAT was a "cheap" shot? I knew that comment was coming and I am not dissappointed. Another knee-jerk, "seeing what what isn't close to being there, if you breathe in Brady's direction it's a "cheap" shot" bit of nonsense! Some Pats fans are beyond pathetic!
    Posted by JintsFan

Listen to one with experience: most humans are pathetic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

This is a silly thread.  Especially from fans of a team who like to tell everyone how tough their team is and how soft every other team is.  For a team known for giving the extra shot - falling on players on the ground rather than touching them - attempting to poke other teams players eyes out - embracing the perennial dirtiest player in the league player.  Do you know that for all of the years you guys spent calling the colts soft - calling out Haynesworth for that play makes you the ultimate hypocrites.  Maybe the league should should allow Brady to wear the off color jersey so it identifies him as not being allowed to be hit.  Brady looked sharp last night.  I think he will be fine, if not a little sore for a couple of weeks.  The good news is that the 4th preseason game is usually not much for the starting O.  If there were one criticism of Brady (and this is nitpicking), it seemed Moss was his only receiver.  Now, if Moss is open, you throw to him (which is why it was nitpicking), but I have to believe pats fans hope to see the ball spread around a little more.  And I do realize that Welker was not playing.
    Posted by underdogg

Thanks for your advice on how Brady should play quarterback.  I hope someone from the Patriots is reading this post and will pass the advice along to him. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Posted by JintsFan

So, by pathetic, you mean like they troll fan boards of other teams. Is that what you mean by pathetic? Just curious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

In Response to Re: What a CHEAP SHOT! : So, by pathetic, you mean like they troll fan boards of other teams. Is that what you mean by pathetic? Just curious.
    Posted by EnochRoot

I don't know about the human, but that's exactly what I meant. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

In Response to Re: What a CHEAP SHOT! : "Known for giving the extra shot"? Known by whom? I've been watching Patriot football for 39 years and I've never seen an eye poking. I'd say the more accurate assessment is that bitter trolls like you simply fabricate this type of stuff out of pure jealosy of the best team in football.
    Posted by unclealfie

Vince Wilfork in 07 against the Giants.  It was the regular season game and he Three Stoogered their running back after a play.  It cost us 15 yards and he was fined for it by the NFL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

In Response to Re: What a CHEAP SHOT! : Vince Wilfork in 07 against the Giants.  It was the regular season game and he Three Stoogered their running back after a play.  It cost us 15 yards and he was fined for it by the NFL.
    Posted by Kmax

There you go, blaming everything on Moe, Larry and Curly. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coltzurbest. Show Coltzurbest's posts

What would your thought be if I was to say that your Colts were the ulimate finesse (read:soft) team in 2003-2004, and when smashed in the mouth by the Patriots in the playoffs, your holier than though Colts took your football home and used your undue influence on the NFL competition committee to get the rules governing pass defense changed to eliminate one of the main ways the Patriots were throttling your mighty Colts annually?
    Posted by qball369

Acutually, there was no undue influence.  The committee was approached by several teams (including the Colts) that were concerned that the non-PI calls were overlooked and the old rule was not being enforced correctly during the regular season ... but specifically in both the AFC/NFC championship games were the calls more abundantly not called. 

As far as being throttled annually, the Colts do seem to struggle against the Pats ... however, they have won 4 of the last 5 times they have faced one another.

2005 Colts 40 Pats 21
    2006 Colts 27 Pats 20
    2006 Colts 38 Pats 34
    2007 Pats 24 Colts 20
    2008 Colts 18 Pats 15 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: What a CHEAP SHOT! : Acutually, there was no undue influence.  The committee was approached by several teams (including the Colts) that were concerned that the non-PI calls were overlooked and the old rule was not being enforced correctly during the regular season ... but specifically in both the AFC/NFC championship games were the calls more abundantly not called.  As far as being throttled annually, the Colts do seem to struggle against the Pats ... however, they have won 4 of the last 5 times they have faced one another. 2005 Colts 40 Pats 21 2006 Colts 27 Pats 20 2006 Colts 38 Pats 34 2007 Pats 24 Colts 20 2008 Colts 18 Pats 15 
    Posted by Coltzurbest

"Coltzurbest"?!?! Seriously?!?!!

There are very few Colts trolls on this board so I find it hard to believe that you weren't able to spell Colts correctly. And just WTFf is "ur"?!? Why not "ar" or even "r"? You aren't even phonetically correct.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

No cheap shot...just shoddy OL play.

Sections
Shortcuts