What a CHEAP SHOT!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coltzurbest. Show Coltzurbest's posts

Re: What a CHEAP SHOT!

EnochRoot ...

A "Troll," in the context of message boards and the like, describes somebody who is posting just to be confrontational or to raise hackles.  Nothing about my post indicated that I was trying to get a rise out of anyone or confront anyone in an adverse way.  I merely pointed to known facts.  I am far from being a troll ... very far from it.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coltzurbest. Show Coltzurbest's posts

As far as the original post is concerned, I agree with TexasPat 3 ... poor OL play.  The hit on Brady was clean.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmassgreg. Show wmassgreg's posts

In Response to Re: What a CHEAP SHOT!:
    This is a silly thread.  Especially from fans of a team who like to tell everyone how tough their team is and how soft every other team is.  For a team known for giving the extra shot - falling on players on the ground rather than touching them - attempting to poke other teams players eyes out - embracing the perennial dirtiest player in the league player.  Do you know that for all of the years you guys spent calling the colts soft - calling out Haynesworth for that play makes you the ultimate hypocrites.  Maybe the league should should allow Brady to wear the off color jersey so it identifies him as not being allowed to be hit.  Brady looked sharp last night.  I think he will be fine, if not a little sore for a couple of weeks.  The good news is that the 4th preseason game is usually not much for the starting O.  If there were one criticism of Brady (and this is nitpicking), it seemed Moss was his only receiver.  Now, if Moss is open, you throw to him (which is why it was nitpicking), but I have to believe pats fans hope to see the ball spread around a little more.  And I do realize that Welker was not playing.
    Posted by underdogg

maybe it was a cheap shot maybe it wasnt. but you have to lean towards it being a cheapshot afterlooking back at haynesworth,s career most notably him stomping on an opponents head. regardless ofthat every teams fans are going to stick up for there team. look at what happened when david ortiz's name was dropped about sterionds bitter yankee fans jumped all over saying our world series wins are tainted. how can they say anything like that ? wasnt petitte clemens and a few others that have been caught doing steriods ont their teams in 1996 -2000. their titles are just as tainted but thats what makes watching sports great you root for your team no matter what! so cheap shot or no cheap shot your not a true fan of any game if you dont root for your team and heckle everyone else!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Haynesworth is 350 and he was moving towards the QB (something he gets tons of money to do), I'd be disappointed if he didn't run into Brady once in awhile. If Fork does the same thing to Campbell (and he was hit hard on a few plays) I'd probably be cheering Fork. It's big, physical and nasty game and you can't stop players from being agressive or. at times, being overly agressive. Yes you can flag them, but that won't stop them from doing their job. Brady will be fine by come opening day anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

EnochRoot ... A " Troll ," in the context of message boards and the like, describes somebody who is posting just to be confrontational or to raise hackles.  Nothing about my post indicated that I was trying to get a rise out of anyone or confront anyone in an adverse way.  I merely pointed to known facts.  I am far from being a troll ... very far from it.    
    Posted by Coltzurbest

Sure. You keep believing that. Don't expect anyone else to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

He didn't have to drive Brady into the ground like that. Sure it was a legal hit and it's football. He was trying to hurt him not just sack him that's pretty clear when you see how he bulled his body into him and drove him to the ground. 

You noticed how the Pats lineman were trying to return the favor after that. The shots they got in later were almost as good. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

My first post was deleted, but the guy who started this thread is a panzy.  It was a great hit and Brady took it like a champ.  If this were a regular season game, Brady would have gone back out and thrown 4 more TDs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: What a CHEAP SHOT! : "Known for giving the extra shot"? Known by whom? I've been watching Patriot football for 39 years and I've never seen an eye poking. I'd say the more accurate assessment is that bitter trolls like you simply fabricate this type of stuff out of pure jealosy of the best team in football.
    Posted by unclealfie

I'd advise a visit to the opthalmologist and a shrink.  Your eyes don't work and you need a reality check.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/01/wilfork_fined_2.html

Sections
Shortcuts