What a headache for Colts!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: What a headache for Colts!

In Response to Re: What a headache for Colts!:
    [QUOTE]What i like is that BB anticipated the mess and got the deal done, and Colts didnt. You can speculate whatever you want but NE doesnt have that distraction. + Mankins agreed to sign the tender. 
    Posted by sam0377[/QUOTE]

Though Brady is currently the games' highest paid player...he too could have pulled a Peyton, and held out for more. The difference between Gomer and Brady is that Brady remains loyal to Mr. Kraft, BB, and his team. Where do Peyton's loyalties lie?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

Hey UD6

What do they do with R Wayne? Where are they going to find the money to pay him up? 

Is he up on the trading block? We have a first rounder for next year for you (what polian likes a lot). Just saying :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

UD6, you can argue all you want, and you might be right about a thing or two. However, you must admit this is bad business and chances are it is going to end with everyone disappointed. Manning and Colts will be better off parting ways. I am saying this with all sincerity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

I read somewhere his franchise value is $23 mil if he were to sign it.  I'm not sure how this amount was calculated - I always thought a franchise tag amount is the average of the top 5 salaries for the position.  The highest salary (for any position) is Brady's at $18 mil/yr so obviously nothing will average out to $23 mil.

Anyway, if this really is the case I see no reason why Manning would NOT sign. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What a headache for Colts! : Ok, so you sort of answered it, and apparently my accuurate Few Good Men  reference means you don't have any sense of humor at all. At least you admit Irsay is an arrogant dipsh*t. Maybe if he wasn't so hellbent on using the media to tell everyone Manning is in fact better than Brady, this wouldn't have been a problem? Ya think? Note how NE never says a word and goes about its business.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    This is why you are in fact, the di psht.  I never said Irsay is an arrogant dipsh*t.  I simply said he may have spoken too soon.  By speaking, he should have gotten the deal done when he said he would.  By not doing that, he has put himself in a corner against the toughest agent in the business. 

Manning is better than Brady. 

NE never said a word.  Good for them and they did what they needed to when Brady complained.  My hat's off to Kraft. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]What i like is that BB anticipated the mess and got the deal done, and Colts didnt. You can speculate whatever you want but NE doesnt have that distraction. + Mankins agreed to sign the tender. 
    Sam & the red-head.  BB didn't do anything, and by giving him credit you've demonstrated the narrowness (a word?) of your thinking.  The reason a deal was done with Brady was because he pressed the team to do it.  Kraft (not Belichick) was smart to respond.  This was a Kraft effort not a belichick effort. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Hey UD6 What do they do with R Wayne? Where are they going to find the money to pay him up?  Is he up on the trading block? We have a first rounder for next year for you (what polian likes a lot). Just saying :)

I think Wayne will play out his contract, and then at 33 we'll see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]UD6, you can argue all you want, and you might be right about a thing or two. However, you must admit this is bad business and chances are it is going to end with everyone disappointed. Manning and Colts will be better off parting ways. I am saying this with all sincerity.
    Posted by NYPat[/QUOTE]

NYpat - I agree that it was a mistake by the colts not to make an offer prior to last season, but hindsight is always 20/20.  You are wrong, however, about the two parting ways.  It won't happen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]I read somewhere his franchise value is $23 mil if he were to sign it.  I'm not sure how this amount was calculated - I always thought a franchise tag amount is the average of the top 5 salaries for the position.  The highest salary (for any position) is Brady's at $18 mil/yr so obviously nothing will average out to $23 mil. Anyway, if this really is the case I see no reason why Manning would NOT sign. 
    Posted by dastardly[/QUOTE]

Manning's exclusive tag (not sure why it is diff than the reg tag, gives him 115% of his prior year income, I believe.  Colts don't want him at the tag # and Manning would prefer a long term deal with a larger signing bonus as any player would.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What a headache for Colts! : Give it time red head.  It took Brady 3 months from the time he went public to get his deal.  The ability to negotiate just opened yesterday.  They've got some time to figure this thing out.   Talk about insecure.  Sheesh. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Give it time?  Didn't all the talk about Manning and his contract start around the same time the Brady contract talk started?  Brady has had a new contract for a long time now so what are you talking about when you say give it time?  Thank goodness I'm not a Colts fan, I would be worried right now. 

What a bad spot to be in... Pay Manning boat loads and not have anything left to to improve the team or Not pay Manning what he thinks he deserves and take the risk of insulting him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What a headache for Colts! : Give it time?  Didn't all the talk about Manning and his contract start around the same time the Brady contract talk started?  Brady has had a new contract for a long time now so what are you talking about when you say give it time?  Thank goodness I'm not a Colts fan, I would be worried right now.  What a bad spot to be in... Pay Manning boat loads and not have anything left to to improve the team or Not pay Manning what he thinks he deserves and take the risk of insulting him.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]
    Agreed - That's why I keep saying it's not going to have a happy ending

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

bmf - the lockout has disallowed the colts from getting a deal done with Manning. 

I've agreed that the colts should have done something as they indicated they would, last offseason, but they didn't. 

whatever the offer was that was made in the middle of the season, Manning said he didn't want the distraction.  By the time the colts season ended and cba negotiations began, I think Manning had signed on with the NFLPA, and would wait until that was over. 

Now it is over and the negotiating will begin.  I'll bet a deal is figured out within a month. 

As for the insult - I think that already happened when the colts renegged on their statement that they would do a deal last offseason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]pmike - not surprised by your response.  You've been on this specific journalism soap box since I've been on the board - that writers should have to name their sources (I think that's your issue).  Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the world in which we live. And ultimately, the genesis of the "story" does matter because it states whether or not Brady and his posse used Silver to pressure the pats into working on a contract that they publicly said was complicated by the lack of a CBA.  Especially for those here who wish to villify Manning for saying "nothing".  all of that said, I do agree that how this resolves itself will be interesting.  Condon will press for every last cent.  Will Manning be smart enough to say - give me 19 mill per and lets call it a day.  You've appropriately stated the situation - Manning can take all he can and be left with little in the way of support for his final years or he can dial it back a bit and try to cement his legacy with more support.  I think the colts have been very good to Manning over his career, and he has rewarded the team handsomely as well.  Hopefully, he see value in taking no more than 20 per yr.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Dogg:  you've been exposed on the Brady contract issue many, many times - just give it up.  You have no proof, only supposition that he took it to the press.  I have no proof that you're into farm animals, so just because I think you "might" be doesn't cut the mustard.  You've been on the wrong end of several issues like this.  You "hear" and "see" what you want to "hear" and "see" and you've been "seen" on this forum for a hypocrite by several posters.  It isn't because you're a Colts fan, it's because you're a hypocrite - that plain, that simple.  I really think you just like coming on here to stir the pot, and occasionally (very occasionally) you actually have a good point - but you're off on this and continuing to beat this dead colt only exposes you even more.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What a headache for Colts! : Sam & the red-head.  BB didn't do anything, and by giving him credit you've demonstrated the narrowness (a word?) of your thinking.  The reason a deal was done with Brady was because he pressed the team to do it.  Kraft (not Belichick) was smart to respond.  This was a Kraft effort not a belichick effort. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I dont get this. Any bad decisions its BB and any good decisions its Kraft. Either way thats 2 way talk which obviously i disagree. If its your team its all manning and Polian made right decisions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Grt - I can't help it if you can't see what's right in front of your face.  And if I had a nickel for everytime someone on this board had told me that I have been exposed without and semblance of fact to that statement, I'd own the pats and the colts. 

Sam - I recall all of the discussions from the pats end re: Brady's contract involving Kraft - not BB.  Kraft was the one who invited Brady to play golf during camp.  Kraft was the one answering the questions regarding the negotiation.  With all other contracts, I am sure BB and his minions are doing the work.  For your franchise, the owners takes the helm. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

These are the kinds of problems you have to deal with when you depend on an over-hyped player that you in no small part created.

The facts show Brady is clearly better than Manning. But the hype says different.

It sucks to have to pay more for hype than the other guy is paying for the real thing.

But you reap what you sow. You created him Indy. Pay the man.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

LOL Babe - Indy didn't create any of it.  The guy was a #1 pick and hasn't disappointed.  He's earned 4 MVP's along the way, 5 first team all pro selections and 3 second team all pro selections along with a superbowl MVP. 

Know anyone else who's won that much hardware?  I know you wish Brady was better, but the evidence, as we've been over again and again and again, just isn't there to support your claim.  

That said, his stature does create issues that the colts failed to resolve. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]bmf -  whatever the offer was that was made in the middle of the season, Manning said he didn't want the distraction. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I believe that is code for... the Colts didn't want to offer Manning what he wanted and then to buy time they said they would make him a better offer then Brady got.

Well now the time has come, no more stalling, it's time to give him that better then Brady contract and they can't.  They are in trouble, imo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

you are entitled to your opinion. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'm so f'n sick of you rattling off the awards he has won. We get it man. Robin Yount won 2 MVP's yet Manny Ramirez never did. Does this mean that Yount was a better player than Ramirez was, Dogg???

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=cfaf58014b1c5a71e361b2a83c87c96a&plckUserId=cfaf58014b1c5a71e361b2a83c87c96a">
    First: 11/20/2010
    Last: 7/27/2011
    LOL Babe - Indy didn't create any of it.  The guy was a #1 pick and hasn't disappointed.  He's earned 4 MVP's along the way, 5 first team all pro selections and 3 second team all pro selections along with a superbowl MVP. 

Know anyone else who's won that much hardware?  I know you wish Brady was better, but the evidence, as we've been over again and again and again, just isn't there to support your claim.  

-------------------------------------------------------
    here is some real proof under putz, (you are and idiot) since when did the REGULAR SEASON MVP become the bench mark in the NFL, its about super bowl rings, and how many does your pathetic playtex own??  1 lousy ring and he is lucky he even won that one because we all know your boy has stunk it up 2x on the grand stage, (lets not forget that pick 6 playtex threw in SB 44 , his playoff record (the money games) he is 9-10 and 7 times 1 game and bounced!!!!!!  Now compare to bradys (3 rings, thats 3 in 4 years, only aikman an brady has done this, 14-5 playoff record 2 times 1 game and bounced, everyone knows brady is more clutch than P**sboy, smack manning in the mouth and folds like a school girl sissy-fact, just check out his playoff performances, also idiot dog, manning/brady has played each other 12 times in reg season and post season, brady has won 8 of the 12 times , while your p**sy boy has won 4 out of 12, so thats brady (8-4) and P**y (4-8, another losing record) also brady is on the mount rushmore of QB's (you know 3-4 super bowl rings, funny i dont see the Pu**y named playtex on there)  (bradshaw 4, montana 4, aikman and brady with 3-wheres playtex??????  oh ya thats right choking it up in the money games, face it idiot, you can have those reg season mvp's, they mean nothing, its about the bling bling, the ring and last i checked brady is well ahead of P**syboy playtex!!!!!  choke on that like the clots do in the playoffs robbie!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

I think when you say the best QB you should add how he helps the team in other ways..Brady realizes he's making ton of money...but he doesn't break the Pats backs..Manning has always wanted top dollar and has increasingly hampered the Colts. Now, a 35 year QB coming off an okay season wants to be the highest paid? For what the MVP is here in New England....

Here is a real good Patriots site..They have a lot of stuff..http://www.60maxpowero.com/patriots/

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts