What a headache for Colts!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: What a headache for Colts!

I don't care if he thinks Manning is better, its a debatable subject but he's beating a dead horse with this MVP and first-team all-pro junk. Get some new material Doggy

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: What a headache for Colts!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What a headache for Colts! : Dogg:  you've been exposed on the Brady contract issue many, many times - just give it up.  You have no proof, only supposition that he took it to the press.  I have no proof that you're into farm animals, so just because I think you "might" be doesn't cut the mustard.  You've been on the wrong end of several issues like this.  You "hear" and "see" what you want to "hear" and "see" and you've been "seen" on this forum for a hypocrite by several posters.  It isn't because you're a Colts fan, it's because you're a hypocrite - that plain, that simple.  I really think you just like coming on here to stir the pot, and occasionally (very occasionally) you actually have a good point - but you're off on this and continuing to beat this dead colt only exposes you even more.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

Typical Doggie doo...trying to misdirect the discussion.

In my "Peyton Situation a Pain in the Neck" thread, I posted the following IndyStar article this morning. It backs up everything we've been saying over the past several months about Manning...and completely refutes The Dog(gggg). But, no surprise, there. He is a walking, talking refutation...LOL!!! Here's the article:
    http://www.indystar.com/article/20110727/SPORTS15/107270318/Kravitz-Manning-s-contract-needs-signed-now

But...the best part...is the comments from Colts' fans...who are finally catching onto the greedy Gomer. Here are some examples:

1.) Manning still has the skills to get it done for a few more years. It's a shame he's not willing to take less than market value so the Colts could load up players that would help him get the job done a couple more times. He has already been paid almost 150 mil from his first two contracts. And untold millions from years of commercials. How could money be more important than Super Bowls at this point in his life?

2.) Give him his $25 million, but make him give the team back a million everytime he throws an interception or chokes. That should balance the spreadsheet and give the team enough money to buy a new jet, and sign enough vetern free agents to fill it. Love the guy, he is the franchise, but lets keep this in perspective. 

3.) As a "Colts Fan", I want to believe that Manning is the best QB but Bradeys' 3 rings rings volumes. Manning should put his money on his talents and sign for 18 million or less. If he wins super-bowls, the money will take care of itself

4.) A tricky situation. If they sign him to big bucks, but backload it, they run the risk of seriously damaging the team should Manning not play out the contract. Dead cap money can kill a team for years. Manning is the face of the franchise, and he deserves to be well paid, but he's also already made nearly $150 million. He hasn't produced the championships that a Brady or even a Roethlisberger has. I can't see how he's worth $7 million more than the guy who has 3 rings and is younger. IMHO he should be paid in the $18-$19 million range, no more.

5.) I say the following as a diehard Colts/Manning fan: the only reason to pay any player such a high percentage of the salary cap is that he gives the team the best chance to compete for a championship. If giving in to the player's demands means forfeiting the opportunity to win the Super Bowl, then the only choice is to wait until the very last moment, after all the other teams have used up their cap, all the other QB slots have been filled and then.........cut him.

A Painter-led Colts team would go 2 and 14 and likely get first pick in next year's draft, Andrew Luck.

Manning would be facing an enormous pay cut, a new city, a new team, a new set of receivers, a system not built around his unique approach to the game, new doctors, a new training staff and two weeks to make it all work. Make him run and he's ineffective. Give him receivers he hasn't worked with for years and he is an average QB. Put him on a bad team and he's a 50 sack year from retirement.

If the Colts can't compete for the Super Bowl this year because of the demands of one player, cut him, distribute his millions to other, more worthy, veterans, dare to stink for a year or two and go find your next franchise quarterback.

6.) Manning doesn't deserve to be the highest paid player, bc from now till he retires he wont be the best. don't pay him for his past performance. Manning is a greedy and arrogant person.....he may be america's boy on tv, but in reality he is arrogant! pay him well, but we need A LOT of other help to come in because our team is a wild card team and nothing more. When Manning retires, all the fair-weather corporate suits will stop coming, the fair-weather fans won't come back....don't leverage everything on a guy that cant win the big one!

7.) Maybe we should take up a collection for Peyton. Better yet, let's give him $10 million for each playoff victory (what the heck double it for the Super Bowl) and subtract $10 million for each playoff loss (doubling it again for the Super Bowl). I think he now owes us. I am 57 and a lifelong Colts fan. I want my team to succeed in the regular season (thanks, Johnny U, Bert and Peyton) AND in the playoffs (thanks Johnny U). I will admit to never being a huge Manning fan. I am glad we took him over Ryan Leaf, but was always suspicious of him in money games and still am - now off the field as well as on. He generally comes up smallest in the biggest games. Yes yes yes, he was Super Bowl MVP but the honor should have gone to Rhodes and Addai. And really, except for one super outstanding half of football during the Super Bowl run, he didn't show a whole lot. Irsay was stupid. Manning should take his $20M and be happy.

8.) Hoping Manning and/or Condon will read this article, aren't you? So positive and upbeat, it 'almost' looks like you're kissing their butts. I guess trying this approach first makes sense. But from what I've heard about Manning, he's not the great guy so many think he is. He has an ego, and a mean streak, and yes, he's selfish and spoiled. I predict any contract deal will be last-minute.

9.) I understand the need to pay Manning some good $$$ since, well, he is Manning and really the face of the franchise. BUT there is absolutely NO reason to break the bank and have the team suffer because of greed. Manning can take 18 million (OMG-18 million, seriously!!! for football, wow-I could use just 1% of that). He will get his money via more years and put a solid team around him. I really hope Manning and Condon get a clue and make a team friendly deal. Brady has 3 rings for a reason.

10.) Just a thought. Tampa Bay is way under the salary cap. They can afford to overpay Mr. Greedy. Manning is on the decline. Trade for Josh Freeman + their best D lineman. Then we have a good young QB and plenty of room under the cap to sign even more good talent. Of course Tampa may not even go for something like this.

11.) Manning is getting old and this is a business. Looking at this year we are screwed because there is no other quarterback in training. Condon gets a cut so he doesn't care about the well being of the team. Don't compare Manning to Brady. Unfortunately, Brady has had the Colts number many more times than the other and they have the Championships to prove it. Manning has been a great team player who has made piles of money. We have also received benefit from his services. Unfortunately, he is posturing for big bucks at the expense of the whole team and big picture because his days are numbered and his health luck is proving to run out. I'm sure many teams out there would love to get their hands on him but can they surround themselves with quality players that will make him shine and have an offensive strategy that is suitable to his demeanor.
    http://www.indystar.com/comments/article/20110727/SPORTS15/107270318/Kravitz-Manning-s-new-contract-needs-signed-Now-    

LOL!!! Thoughts...anyone?? How 'bout you, Dog(gggg)??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Capy Z - when challenged with the comments made by Babe (as you'll see that's all I've done), I simply have to respond.  If you wish to argue my statement that Manning is better, I understand.  I feel the need to respond to Babe's slight.  He just can't seem to let his trashing of Manning go.  Just know that I didn't bring it up. 

As for your specifics - Baseball and Football are very very different games.  The fact is Manning has demonstrated sustained excellence since he arrived in the league, and the MVP and all-pro selections throughout demonstrate that.  Further, Manning received these awards in spite of playing with Brady - not vice versa.  It helps one understand that when the NFL network did their "all-time" ranking in 09 - Manning was #8 while Brady was #22. 

And really there's no reason for new material when the material previously used is still valid today.  If I am a 95% free throw shooter, why would I change my technique?  Get it?

BIC - I thought Superbowl victories were a team achievement.  I wasn't aware that Brady did that all by himself playing all positions on offense, defense, and special teams.  Are you sure you've got that right?

Further, there are many here who've said that Brady is better than he was early in his career.  I agree, and his recent MVP's demonstrate that.  Further, everyone here agrees that he's recently had better weapons than he did early in his career.  For me that's debateable, but that's the conventional wisdom on the board.  Given that Brady is better today with better weapons, and if, as you suggest, he is the reason for the Super Bowl wins, how come he hasn't won one in 6 years.   Better player, better supporting cast, no rings.  See how your logic fails. 

TP - I didn't misdirect the thread.  If there was a misdirection it was caused by Babe and I simply responded.  That said, I'd never expect you to be reasonable with me. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Do you consider Brett Favre better than Marino, Elway and Young? Don't need a long-winded answer, just a yes or no will suffice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

who is more clutch in the playoffs underputz, we all ready know the answer now do we not???  If manning is so GREEEAAAT, Then hows come he has a 9-10 playoff record and only 1 ring, hows come he didnt win a national championship at tennessee if he is so great, bottom line is you know your boy **chokes** in the big game, big stages, at least brady doesnt throw a pick 6 in the super bowl to seal his teams fate (big choke job)  **your post**Know anyone else who's won that much hardware?  I know you wish Brady was better, but the evidence, as we've been over again and again and again, just isn't there to support your claim.  **** brady is better and has more "real hardware" than playtex does, and he has a better winning percentage than manning in the reg and post season, you say he hasnt won nothing in 6 years, well what has manning done since 98----got lucky to win 1, (thank you rex grossman for sucking more than me-signed playtex womanning) at least tommy boy has his 3 rings and we all know 3>1 underputz, manning has been choking since his college days (0-4 against florida, no NC (national championship) and we know his clot playoff performnace no need to repost a 9-10 record, 7x 1 and done!!!!  so again how is playtex better than manning other than choking, manning is the better choker we know that (pick 6)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

CapyZ - tough question - here's why.  Favre's career was from the 90's on.  While the other guys you mention came into the league in 79 and 83.  Their years of dominance were prior to Favre. 

The point I am making about the awards is that Manning's have come at the same time Brady was playing.  Brady could have earned those awards but didn't.  It's an important distinction.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

bic - your kicker's been more clutch.  two of the colts playoff losses with manning came at the hands of the kicker missing game winning or tying (to go to OT) kicks.  Never happened with Brady. 

Further, Brady's given credit for a postseason win which he started, but Bledsoe threw the TD.  Go figure. 

Team records are not individual records. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

And Manning gets credit for the AFC Championship that the refs handed him on a silver platter.....your point?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

I guess brady didnt lead the team down the field for them game winning drives huh?  still had to get in position to win em, which comes back to brady and the offense, face the facts idiot:  brady > womanning one has the second most wins in playoff history and the other probably has the most ones and dones in the history of the playoffs (3 rings > 1 ring) (14-5 > 9-10) (2x 1 and done > 7x 1 and done) Based on your logic it wasnt mannings fault who threw the pick 6 either huh?  must have been waynes fault, the o line fault, anyones fault but the precious playtex right?  bottom line one is a complete winner and the other is a complete whinner/choker, brady threw 4ints for the entire year last year while manning threw 3-4 a game there for awhile.  Manning has proven he is a choker in the NFL and at college, goes all the way back to tennessee (i bet he thinks belichick is steve spurrier) so whats your excuses for the 9-10 playoff record underputz (aka robbie evans) and whats the excuse for the 7x 1 game and done!!!! (this outta be entertaining) i can hear underputz now and his "theories"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

BIC - at least no one can confuse you for being reasonable. 

Here's a little critical thinking for you.  If the non-clutch colts kicker was in a position to kick, who do you think put him there?  Look, I know that you are clouded by the patriot way, but claiming Brady put his kicker in position is not a rebuttal for the colts kicker not being clutch. 

I guess you really didn't get my point about team records not being an individual accomplishment.  Not surprised - see above. 

I didn't say anything about the pick 6 but would it surprise you to know that Manning has a better passer rating in the playoffs than Brady.  Amazing, huh? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Do you consider Brett Favre better than Marino, Elway and Young? Don't need a long-winded answer, just a yes or no will suffice.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Why does anybody here still bother with this childish, proven liar, misrepresenter of information, and misdirecter of conversations? You'll never get a straight answer from this clown. This is why he has no credibility here, and should not be taken seriously. I highly suggest using the ignore function on this fool.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I guess brady didnt lead the team down the field for them game winning drives huh?  still had to get in position to win em, which comes back to brady and the offense, face the facts idiot:  brady /> womanning one has the second most wins in playoff history and the other probably has the most ones and dones in the history of the playoffs (3 rings /> 1 ring) (14-5 > 9-10) (2x 1 and done > 7x 1 and done) Based on your logic it wasnt mannings fault who threw the pick 6 either huh?  must have been waynes fault, the o line fault, anyones fault but the precious playtex right?  bottom line one is a complete winner and the other is a complete whinner/choker, brady threw 4ints for the entire year last year while manning threw 3-4 a game there for awhile.  Manning has proven he is a choker in the NFL and at college, goes all the way back to tennessee (i bet he thinks belichick is steve spurrier) so whats your excuses for the 9-10 playoff record underputz (aka robbie evans) and whats the excuse for the 7x 1 game and done!!!! (this outta be entertaining) i can hear underputz now and his "theories"
    Posted by brady-is-clutch[/QUOTE]

Brady...why bother with this childish, proven liar, misrepresenter of information, and misdirecter of conversations? You'll never get straight answers from this clown. This is why he has no credibility here, and should not be taken seriously. I highly suggest using the ignore function on this fool.

If you must converse with him, why not ask him about the eleven comments made by Indy fans, (see my long post on the previous page) who have realized not only that Brady is the superior player to Manning...but also have caught onto what a phony Peyton Manning is?   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Redhead -

I am sure that Brady was a factor between 2000 and 2001, but so was having an 1157 yd rusher  17 rushing TD's vs. a 570 rusher and 9 rushing TD's the previous year, so was having a defense ranked #6 in pts allowed  and forcing 35 turnovers vs. a defense ranked #17 in pts forcing only 23 turnovers the prior year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

wow a better passer rating you can keep, at the end of the day its about wins and loss's (or as we know playtex for-choke job)  Like i said before and before and before, we know who is clutch in the playoffs and who is not clutch in the playoffs, records and numbers do not lie-they lead to the truth.  face underputz the pats organization from top to bottom is better than ingays, the way you talk about manning i would have sworn he won 5+ super bowls if i didnt know nothing at all about football, but the bottom line is he is not even in the top 5 let alone top 10-he will always be remembered as the commercial horror and the alleged greatest qb of all time who couldnt overcome in the money games **cough** choke choke** **

texas pat i dont know why other than i believe i know who this doomer is and im not the only one who thinks he is a tool, and underputz if you are referring to cory dillion he was only there for 1 ring, not all 3!!  just imagine if tom brady had reggie wayne, harrison for most if not all of his career, he won with less thats for sure, so heres to football glad its back and i cannot wait to watch manning choke his nuts off again, mr 4x mvp = (most vulnerable playoffs) and deep down you know its oh so true (9-10 = losing record any way you want to slice, dice, it up, 7x 1 and done-he cant even hold bradys jock strap!!!  and everyone in america knows that super bowl rings /> regular season mvp's, just go ask playtex himself and even he would rather have rings than mvp's, i know the truth hurts. the clots remind me of the bears in the 80's-could only win 1 and was suppose to win many more but they didnt and havent.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Hey - I get ya.  I want those team wins too, but you can't blame one player for the losses and you can't credit one player for the wins.  It's fairly simple logic. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prophet76. Show Prophet76's posts

Hey UD!

Unless you have facts, I'd zip it. No offense, but you can't speculate that Brady pushed an article because you have no clue.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

[QUOTE]Hey - I get ya.  I want those team wins too, but you can't blame one player for the losses and you can't credit one player for the wins.  It's fairly simple logic. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Like every Indy fan, you will never give credit to Brady.  In 2003, Brady should have won or shared the MVP with McNair.  Brady main RB gained a total of what 700 yards?  The TEAM went 14-2 that year, what was Indy's?  Who did Manning have as weapons, who were Brady's?
    Now, lets look at some real numbers, during each of the QB's teams, what is their record in the regular season, how about postseason?  What are each other's QB rating, who has the better rating?  How about indoors, outdoors, bad weather or the cold?
    I will make easy on you:

Indoors:

Brady- 103.1

Manning- 98.6

Outdoors:

Brady- 93.8

Manning- 90.7

Cold (24-40 degrees):

Brady- 94.5

Manning- 85.0

Mild (41-60 degrees):

Brady- 95.7

Manning- 85.7

Rain

Brady- 95.1

Manning- 83.8

Wind

Brady- 95.1

Manning- 82.6

and of course TD: INT Ratio

TD:INT Ratio

Brady- 2.45:1

Manning- 1.99:1

now lets add career:

Brady 95.2, P. Manning 94.9....Brady wins

------

Now look at these numbers:

Scott Mitchell's sole 16-game season under offensive coordinator Tom Moore, 1995

32 TDs

12 INTs

4,338 yards

Peyton Manning's average 16-game season under offensive coordinator Tom Moore:

31 TDs

14 INTs

4,189 yards

Peyton Manning is a system QB. Either that or Scott Mitchell was a sure-fire HoFer before being shellacked behind the Lions' o-line.

*People alway say Brady does more with less, yet when Manning has a bit less, everyone gives him a pass.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]BIC - at least no one can confuse you for being reasonable.  Here's a little critical thinking for you.  If the non-clutch colts kicker was in a position to kick, who do you think put him there?  Look, I know that you are clouded by the patriot way, but claiming Brady put his kicker in position is not a rebuttal for the colts kicker not being clutch.  I guess you really didn't get my point about team records not being an individual accomplishment.  Not surprised - see above.  I didn't say anything about the pick 6 but would it surprise you to know that Manning has a better passer rating in the playoffs than Brady.  Amazing, huh? 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Puppster,

So, let me get this straight... You contend that your kicker, VanderShank wasn't "clutch", despite him being the #1 Clot kicker of all time (87.5% FG Pct; 99.4% PAT's). Gee, I wonder how many game winners he had during his stay in teh Barn? Oh, wait! None of that matters because it's only being clutch in the playoffs that really matters, right? Hitting 88 of 100 during the regular season, including 3 game winners over, say, the Jags, Bengals, and Falcons (for example only) giving the Clots a 13-3 record really isn't important, right? After all, under your analysis of Old Horse Face's absolute brilliance, if he tosses the winning TD or amasses huge numbers, no matter what, it's HIM that did it. Yet, his failure to throw the game winning TD and having the idiot kicker miss isn't his fault either.

How do you feel about Vaniteri, that under achieving newest Clot kicker? Sems his stats as a Clot are lower than Vanderjerked (84.9%/98.5% PAT) despite moving indoors. Explain, please?

If it's all about having to be "clutch", then why do you give your love child Manning the pass on his well known and well documented post season choke specialist? After all, come playoff time, yearly records and career stats don't mean anything, right?

I said it before,a dn I'll say it again, Huge Head is a One Trick Pony. Now, coming off his 2nd neck surgery in less than 2 years, your irresponsible owner (who also has an obvious man crush on Pay-a-ton). is willing to ruin the team's chances to make him the highest paying choker, er, QB in the NFL.

I remember the time whent eh Clots were relevent.........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What a headache for Colts! :      Typical Doggie doo...trying to misdirect the discussion.      In my "Peyton Situation a Pain in the Neck" thread, I posted the following IndyStar article this morning. It backs up everything we've been saying over the past several months about Manning...and completely refutes The Dog(gggg). But, no surprise, there. He is a walking, talking refutation...LOL!!! Here's the article: http://www.indystar.com/article/20110727/SPORTS15/107270318/Kravitz-Manning-s-contract-needs-signed-now             But...the best part...is the comments from Colts' fans...who are finally catching onto the greedy Gomer. Here are some examples: 1.) Manning still has the skills to get it done for a few more years. It's a shame he's not willing to take less than market value so the Colts could load up players that would help him get the job done a couple more times. He has already been paid almost 150 mil from his first two contracts. And untold millions from years of commercials. How could money be more important than Super Bowls at this point in his life? 2.) Give him his $25 million, but make him give the team back a million everytime he throws an interception or chokes. That should balance the spreadsheet and give the team enough money to buy a new jet, and sign enough vetern free agents to fill it. Love the guy, he is the franchise, but lets keep this in perspective.  3.) As a "Colts Fan", I want to believe that Manning is the best QB but Bradeys' 3 rings rings volumes. Manning should put his money on his talents and sign for 18 million or less. If he wins super-bowls, the money will take care of itself 4.) A tricky situation. If they sign him to big bucks, but backload it, they run the risk of seriously damaging the team should Manning not play out the contract. Dead cap money can kill a team for years. Manning is the face of the franchise, and he deserves to be well paid, but he's also already made nearly $150 million. He hasn't produced the championships that a Brady or even a Roethlisberger has. I can't see how he's worth $7 million more than the guy who has 3 rings and is younger. IMHO he should be paid in the $18-$19 million range, no more. 5.) I say the following as a diehard Colts/Manning fan: the only reason to pay any player such a high percentage of the salary cap is that he gives the team the best chance to compete for a championship. If giving in to the player's demands means forfeiting the opportunity to win the Super Bowl, then the only choice is to wait until the very last moment, after all the other teams have used up their cap, all the other QB slots have been filled and then.........cut him. A Painter-led Colts team would go 2 and 14 and likely get first pick in next year's draft, Andrew Luck. Manning would be facing an enormous pay cut, a new city, a new team, a new set of receivers, a system not built around his unique approach to the game, new doctors, a new training staff and two weeks to make it all work. Make him run and he's ineffective. Give him receivers he hasn't worked with for years and he is an average QB. Put him on a bad team and he's a 50 sack year from retirement. If the Colts can't compete for the Super Bowl this year because of the demands of one player, cut him, distribute his millions to other, more worthy, veterans, dare to stink for a year or two and go find your next franchise quarterback. 6.) Manning doesn't deserve to be the highest paid player, bc from now till he retires he wont be the best. don't pay him for his past performance. Manning is a greedy and arrogant person.....he may be america's boy on tv, but in reality he is arrogant! pay him well, but we need A LOT of other help to come in because our team is a wild card team and nothing more. When Manning retires, all the fair-weather corporate suits will stop coming, the fair-weather fans won't come back....don't leverage everything on a guy that cant win the big one! 7.) Maybe we should take up a collection for Peyton. Better yet, let's give him $10 million for each playoff victory (what the heck double it for the Super Bowl) and subtract $10 million for each playoff loss (doubling it again for the Super Bowl). I think he now owes us. I am 57 and a lifelong Colts fan. I want my team to succeed in the regular season (thanks, Johnny U, Bert and Peyton) AND in the playoffs (thanks Johnny U). I will admit to never being a huge Manning fan. I am glad we took him over Ryan Leaf, but was always suspicious of him in money games and still am - now off the field as well as on. He generally comes up smallest in the biggest games. Yes yes yes, he was Super Bowl MVP but the honor should have gone to Rhodes and Addai. And really, except for one super outstanding half of football during the Super Bowl run, he didn't show a whole lot. Irsay was stupid. Manning should take his $20M and be happy. 8.) Hoping Manning and/or Condon will read this article, aren't you? So positive and upbeat, it 'almost' looks like you're kissing their butts. I guess trying this approach first makes sense. But from what I've heard about Manning, he's not the great guy so many think he is. He has an ego, and a mean streak, and yes, he's selfish and spoiled. I predict any contract deal will be last-minute.   9.) I understand the need to pay Manning some good $$$ since, well, he is Manning and really the face of the franchise. BUT there is absolutely NO reason to break the bank and have the team suffer because of greed. Manning can take 18 million (OMG-18 million, seriously!!! for football, wow-I could use just 1% of that). He will get his money via more years and put a solid team around him. I really hope Manning and Condon get a clue and make a team friendly deal. Brady has 3 rings for a reason. 10.) Just a thought. Tampa Bay is way under the salary cap. They can afford to overpay Mr. Greedy. Manning is on the decline. Trade for Josh Freeman + their best D lineman. Then we have a good young QB and plenty of room under the cap to sign even more good talent. Of course Tampa may not even go for something like this. 11.) Manning is getting old and this is a business. Looking at this year we are screwed because there is no other quarterback in training. Condon gets a cut so he doesn't care about the well being of the team. Don't compare Manning to Brady. Unfortunately, Brady has had the Colts number many more times than the other and they have the Championships to prove it. Manning has been a great team player who has made piles of money. We have also received benefit from his services. Unfortunately, he is posturing for big bucks at the expense of the whole team and big picture because his days are numbered and his health luck is proving to run out. I'm sure many teams out there would love to get their hands on him but can they surround themselves with quality players that will make him shine and have an offensive strategy that is suitable to his demeanor. http://www.indystar.com/comments/article/20110727/SPORTS15/107270318/Kravitz-Manning-s-new-contract-needs-signed-Now -          LOL!!! Thoughts...anyone?? How 'bout you, Dog(gggg)??
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

How about it, mutt???

Let's see you respond to what your fellow Indy fans have to say.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Sorry Antibody - I am not a slave to Texas Pat. 

We've had plenty of back and forths but over the past few months, TP has resulted to interrogation as opposed to discussion.  He has expectations from me, but is unwilling to respond in kind. 

Beyond that, he's simply a broken record where I am concerned. 

All of that said, I'll say this.  Not unlike this board, every team has fans with different opinions about how to play armchair GM.  Indy fans are entitled to their opinions both for and against Manning.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Hey UD! Unless you have facts, I'd zip it. No offense, but you can't speculate that Brady pushed an article because you have no clue.
    Posted by Prophet76[/QUOTE]

the writer said sources close to brady.  brady had the opportunity to deny it.  Instead, shortly thereafter, Brady gave the writer his only exclusive print interview of the offseason. 

I'd say the whole thing was orchestrated with Brady's blessing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]Grt - I can't help it if you can't see what's right in front of your face.  And if I had a nickel for everytime someone on this board had told me that I have been exposed without and semblance of fact to that statement, I'd own the pats and the colts.  Sam - I recall all of the discussions from the pats end re: Brady's contract involving Kraft - not BB.  Kraft was the one who invited Brady to play golf during camp.  Kraft was the one answering the questions regarding the negotiation.  With all other contracts, I am sure BB and his minions are doing the work.  For your franchise, the owners takes the helm. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Again you deflect from the gist of my post.  You're exposure is borne (with respect to this topic) from not being able to provide proof, merely supposition, that TB took his contract issue to the press.  I've not shown one scintilla of evidence, only an article written by a reporter who quoted no one - it was merely supposition on his part - and yours since you cling to that report with such passion.  I've now provided the "facts" a term which you seem to have a problem understanding - and your misunderstanding of that term has exposed you, nothing else.  If you can't understand where I'm coming from then you too far gone to bother with.  I'll just continue reading other posters whip you like a government Colt and laugh at you inability to make an argument due to lack of no-kidding facts.  You certainly fit right in with the philosophy of most of today's media - facts be darned, I'll just rant and rave and since everyone's opinions are so widely available, maybe it'll take root.  Your folks must be proud.  Good day sir.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Hey everyone I know for sure through sources no more reliable than my imagination that UD6 is into farm animals in a perverted way.  Proof - absolutely none, but I think it may be so, so it must be right?

UD6:  expose that!