What a way to waste Brady's talent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Re: What a way to waste Brady's talent

If Don Shula (the Dolphins' GM and Coach) had wasted Dan Marino's talent like BB (our team's GM and Coach) is wasting Brady's, maybe Marino would have walked away with at least one championship. 5 SuperBowls in 12 years, 3 SuperBowl victories, numerous playoff games, the best regular season winning percentage over the last 12 years...yup, he sure has wasted Brady's talents.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

If Don Shula (the Dolphins' GM and Coach) had wasted Dan Marino's talent like BB (our team's GM and Coach) is wasting Brady's, maybe Marino would have walked away with at least one championship. 5 SuperBowls in 12 years, 3 SuperBowl victories, numerous playoff games, the best regular season winning percentage over the last 12 years...yup, he sure has wasted Brady's talents.

The post is about the present.  That really isn't difficult to understand.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

The Pats are 2-0, both division wins and have 10 days to prepare for the Bucs.  How can you ask for much more?  Stop whining,  long way to go.

How can we ask for more? How about asking that we not look like a very shaky team that barely dodged two bullets against crap opponents?

Nobody's whining; it's called being honest. Try it.

Fact Gronk is injured...

Fact Hernandez was arrested after the draft and all significant free agents were signed.

Fact Wes Welker left for more money?

Fact Flyod wasn't all that...

Woodhead was passed on the depth chart By Verren...who broke his wrist..

Amedola was signed to replace Welker.

in the end Tom Brady needs to stp up, lead and show the kids what it takes...he also has to own his poor play too

In fact, Floyd wasn't even Floyd Foot in Mouth

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

This Floyd?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

This Floyd?

Hey . . . maybe he's available?  Can he catch?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

The post is about the present.  That really isn't difficult to understand.

So is mine. The point is that BB has been changing the receiving corps around Brady throughout his career. Same thing with the running game. The only positions that did not change as often have been the offensive linemen. This new group of receivers will gell as they get more experience, and as the injured players return. Deion Branch (3.5 catches per game rookie year), Troy Brown (8th round choice), Wes Welker (29 catches for 400+ yards in his 1st year as receiver), and a host of other luminaries weren't all that well-known before they arrived in the Patriots system. They all had stellar careers here. Give the rookies a chance to grow and learn. Wait until the rest of the receiving corps is healthy. It's too early to say this team has no chance because Brady does not have anyone to throw to. It's really amazing that this team is 2-0 with the inexperience, injuries and departures. It augurs well for December. You are entitled to your opinion. I just think it's premature and judgmental. I am quite hopeful about this year. Sorry to introduce a dissenting voice on this post.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

I always try too stay positive, but how can BB put these kinds of weapons around Brady? You have one of the best qb's of all time and,you sign a injury prone wr, let Wes go, and fail to bring in adequate replacements. 

I have a feeling years from now writers and fans will look back and think what a waste. Grr.

i hope they get it together over time?

guess you don't realize he is the "greatest " GM of all time

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

What kind of NFL career would Brady have if he was given the kind of receivers Peyton Manning had at Indy? I, too, am wistful about what could have been.

And I am unhappy about how the few remaining years Brady can have playing may not be well supported with the personnel decisions at the receiving corp.

Living well is the best revenge.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

What kind of NFL career would Brady have if he was given the kind of receivers Peyton Manning had at Indy? I, too, am wistful about what could have been.

And I am unhappy about how the few remaining years Brady can have playing may not be well supported with the personnel decisions at the receiving corp.

So you would be good with Brady only having four targets two of which tend to drop the most important passes in a game and none of which can stretch the field.

I would rather Brady have six targets with two that can stretch the field and I would rather he have them for the rest of his career. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

rituinila

Manning had wide receivers like Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Pierrie Garcon, Austin Collie. Al can stretch the field plenty well.

In TE, he had Dallas Clark, Pro-Bowl TE like Pollard and Kilger. They might not be Gronk, but they were consistently productive.

Edgerinn James had over 50 receptions out of backfield in every season.

I was bemoaning that the Pats had not complemented Brady with similar weapons.

To get back to your postulation for the present and future seasons, which game did you watch on Thursday? There were drops aplenty.  Dobson looked like Chad Jackson. With the history of WR drafts and FA acquisitions of the Pats, and BB tight wallet, you are daydreaming if you think there will be a horde of 6 reliable and devastating targets Brady can be comfortable with on the Pats team all at once, any time soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

Living well is the best revenge. What kind of NFL career would manning have if he had that De-fence?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

rituinila

Manning had wide receivers like Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Pierrie Garcon, Austin Collie. Al can stretch the field plenty well.

In TE, he had Dallas Clark, Pro-Bowl TE like Pollard and Kilger. They might not be Gronk, but they were consistently productive.

Edgerinn James had over 50 receptions out of backfield in every season.

I was bemoaning that the Pats had not complemented Brady with similar weapons.

To get back to your postulation for the present and future seasons, which game did you watch on Thursday? There were drops aplenty.  Dobson looked like Chad Jackson. With the history of WR drafts and FA acquisitions of the Pats, and BB tight wallet, you are daydreaming if you think there will be a horde of 6 reliable and devastating targets Brady can be comfortable with on the Pats team all at once, any time soon.

My bad, I was assuming you, like all the the other pessimists were pining for last years receivers.

As for the Colt's receivers, what did that get them? Two superbowl appearances with one questionable win.

I watched a game where a Pats receiver actually got behind a defense. Not only that but one of them got behind the defence AND caught the ball AND brought it all the way to the house. I watched a game where a QB was expecting a couple of rookies to play like fifth year players and they didn't but he didn't adjust. Not one thing that I saw was uncorrectable. And you are ready to jump off a bridge after just two games for one rook and the first game for another.

We just have a difference of opinion. I think they will be much better than last years group and you think they shouldn't be on the team. I remember a Tom Brady that  was proud he could make any receiver look good, and I mean any receiver, and you remember a prima donna that can't or won't. Face it, going all Colts like the Pats have the last few years has done wonders for fantasy football but it hasn't won a superbowl and has made them very iffy in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Considering he restructured his contract in order to allow money to be spent elswhere, I totally agree. Too bad, though there's still hope that Thompkins and Dobson improve only being 2 weeks into the season. Almost seems like it would have made more sense to let Welker walk, replace him with Edleman, and go after someone like Jennings. Paying big bucks for a slot reciever with Brady at QB doesn't seem necessary.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

rituinila

I agree that the Colts were not balanced in their offensive and defensive games and manpower, and I do not want the Pats to be run like the Colts.

My point was that I only wish BB had provided Brady with a better supporting cast in the receiving corp through the years. I still remember the offensive flash of the 2007 season when Brady finally had a good ( great ) receiver in Randy Moss, and watching the Pats play was witnessing one of offensive football finest moments . I also hope the rookies WRs will pick up their games.  Brady is now 36 years old, and  with Amendola, Gronk and Vereen potentially missing a fair number of games this season, it is not good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Considering he restructured his contract in order to allow money to be spent elswhere, I totally agree. Too bad, though there's still hope that Thompkins and Dobson improve only being 2 weeks into the season. Almost seems like it would have made more sense to let Welker walk, replace him with Edleman, and go after someone like Jennings. Paying big bucks for a slot reciever with Brady at QB doesn't seem necessary.

Even if they do improve, what is the ceiling this year?  Not high enough, I'll guess.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Even if they do improve, what is the ceiling this year?  Not high enough, I'll guess.

Life is strange.  So many times, it seems that it just doesn't go the way we think it should.  Consider the Patriots.  How is it that the 2001 team, with the cast of characters that it had, managed to win against a powerhouse like St. Louis?  Based upon the Patriots' history, I see no more reason to doubt this team than I did that 2001 team.  I don't think any of us has any idea where that "ceiling" is, that you are referring to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

Life is strange.  So many times, it seems that it just doesn't go the way we think it should.  Consider the Patriots.  How is it that the 2001 team, with the cast of characters that it had, managed to win against a powerhouse like St. Louis?  Based upon the Patriots' history, I see no more reason to doubt this team than I did that 2001 team.  I don't think any of us has any idea where that "ceiling" is, that you are referring to.

People have been posting a lot about the 2001 team.  Hope springs eternal I guess.  You know what isn't eternal?  Tom Brady's ability.  Not giving him anything quality is so stupid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

People have been posting a lot about the 2001 team.  Hope springs eternal I guess.  You know what isn't eternal?  Tom Brady's ability.  Not giving him anything quality is so stupid.

True, nothing is forever...not even TB.  I'm not a believer that the Patriots should focus on what's best for TB.  The focus should remain on the team and the long term.  I think that is what BB's philosophy has always been about and I think that is how he has managed to keep this team functioning at such a high level for such a long time.  Obviously, there are many who attribute much, if not all, of the team's success to TB.  I guess we are all going to be finding out what the truth is, in the not so distant future. 

As to the here and now, and the "quality" of weapons that TB now has at his disposal...I guess we won't be able to make that determination until the season is over.  Personally, I expect his new receivers to work out the kinks and, eventually, settle in.  It's all unknown.  That's part of what makes the season exciting to watch!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

^ +1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

rituinila

I agree that the Colts were not balanced in their offensive and defensive games and manpower, and I do not want the Pats to be run like the Colts.

My point was that I only wish BB had provided Brady with a better supporting cast in the receiving corp through the years. I still remember the offensive flash of the 2007 season when Brady finally had a good ( great ) receiver in Randy Moss, and watching the Pats play was witnessing one of offensive football finest moments . I also hope the rookies WRs will pick up their games.  Brady is now 36 years old, and  with Amendola, Gronk and Vereen potentially missing a fair number of games this season, it is not good.

I see your point , but as fun as 2007 was, it was not conducive to a championship. Though I will admit it was nice not biting my nails every week as the Pats didn't need to squeak by everyone that they  played. I still think the squeaking by during the superbowl years was by design and was meant to show opponents nothing more than absolutely necessary. Lousy for stats and fantasy football but great for winning championships. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

When was the last time we threw a simple swing pass to a Runningback (besides Vereen), on 3rd and say 5. There is not a Defense that plays us not know its going to a Slot reciever. What happened to checkdowns? Screens?
    I would love to see a Pass to Ridley on 1st and 10, not see the whole Defense loading the box waiting for him to run. We complicate this Offense, but in reality its predictable.
    Once a Defense has to play the whole field, the easier for any Recievers to make plays.

McDaniels thinks this is the Moss days, its not its almost like we were back in 2001, time to call plays like that new raw team.

We miss Woodhead more than we think, he brought versatility. More than Welker.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

I always try too stay positive, but how can BB put these kinds of weapons around Brady? You have one of the best qb's of all time and,you sign a injury prone wr, let Wes go, and fail to bring in adequate replacements. 

I have a feeling years from now writers and fans will look back and think what a waste. Grr.

i hope they get it together over time?

Well said.  Tom has just a few years left, but the Pats did not get any receivers like Peyton Manning has.

Sections
Shortcuts