What a way to waste Brady's talent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: What a way to waste Brady's talent

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

I agree.  People need to come in from the ledge.  Usually, we are waiting for the defense to gell...well, this year it is going to be the offense.  At least, now the team will have an adequate amount of time to review these first two games and try to make some necessary improvements.  I'm looking forward to game 3!  Maybe, we might get our first look at Gronk in a game this season.

I'm still mulling whether the d played well last night or if the Jets offense is so bad that it made the d look good....lol Laughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sw4288. Show sw4288's posts

I'm sorry but just how ridiculous is this thread? How spoiled are we as a fan base that in WEEK 2 on a short week, we are calling for the coaches head. That we have wasted the all-mighty god's final years?

This team is 2-0 on a short week in two division games. The media's excuse will be it was against two rookie QB's. BS. This team has played smart situational football in the first two weeks close to what we used to see in the dynasty days. We don't need to win 45-35??? Because if we did, the DEFENSE would be the scapegoats. Well they aren't anymore. So Brady didn't throw for 400 yards and put up his usual 45 pass attempts, so what? We won a a sloppy game 13-10 in week 2 where, unfortunately for people who adore stats, we had to win field position battles and play that kind of grind it out game.

Look all I'm saying is, the patriots used to win games 9-3, 12-0 scores like that and win titles. 07 completely butchered any realisitic expectations for this fanbase. Are there problems that need to be ironed out on offense? You bet! 10 days to prepare for Tampa and then the real test in Atlanta. Hopefully Gronk is back by then. And BTW I wouldn't trust dummy Rappaport's report of Amendola being out six weeks. Anyway enjoy the win people, keep your sanity. It's about wins in the end.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

I agree.  People need to come in from the ledge.  Usually, we are waiting for the defense to gell...well, this year it is going to be the offense.  At least, now the team will have an adequate amount of time to review these first two games and try to make some necessary improvements.  I'm looking forward to game 3!  Maybe, we might get our first look at Gronk in a game this season.

I'm still mulling whether the d played well last night or if the Jets offense is so bad that it made the d look good....lol Laughing

I hear you, but consider that many people have complained for years how the Patriot's defense can make even the most pedestrian quarterback look like Joe Montana.  Well, that didn't happen.  They actually handled the Jets' offense the way we hoped they would.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

How does  an offense go from first to last.

BB in the weeds.

Thank You, BB.!!

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

2 games is a huge sample size, thanks again for another rational post.  

I don't really care if you win your fantasy football league, only that the Patriot's play deep into the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't really care if you win your fantasy football league, only that the Patriot's play deep into the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Don't play fantacy FB, but I am a realist.

This team is 0-2 right now against any other teams.

Rude awakening!

Thank You BB!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Rude awakening!

Thank You BB!

This team is 0-2 in fantasy land, in the real world they are 2-0.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Have to agree. Brady is wasting his talent pulling the crybaby act whenever things don't go perfectly. He is supposed to be the leader, and leaders take charge when things are tough. Screaming like an idiot is not leading. He should be getting together with the receivers immediately after they get off the field to reinforce what he expects on those routes instead of running to Josh and pouting. He needs to understand its not going to be as precise as it has been with Welker, Hernandez, Lloyd etc. until these guys get some (many) more NFL reps, so hes going to have to adjust too. Maybe take the extra half second (and, yeah, maybe get hit a few more times) for the receivers to make their adjustments. The receivers will be fine. Dobson had a couple of drops, but Brady also threw some poor balls. Thompkins was open for the TD, why was he forced into a full outstretched dive to make the play. There was 5-6 more yards in the endzone to work with there, he could have been hit in stride. That would have made it 20-3 at the half and a lot of the posts on the board today would have a totally different tone. Its those 3 or 4 plays a game that can make a huge difference in a game, and the young guys will improve. Add Gronk, Vareen, Amendola and Sudfeld (he will compliment Gronk very well) to the offense, and it will be dominant again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

[QUOTE]

I hear you, but consider that many people have complained for years how the Patriot's defense can make even the most pedestrian quarterback look like Joe Montana.  Well, that didn't happen.  They actually handled the Jets' offense the way we hoped they would.

[/QUOTE]

That's because for years they did make average QBs look awesome. Matt Flyyn gutted the defense a few years back. Fitzpatrick, Henne, both of these guys have almost as many career passing yards against NE as they have against their other two AFC East opponents combined. Mark Sanchez's rating against NE is 7 points higher than his career numbers, and his completion percent is 5 points higher than average. These are bad Qbs who would fatten up on NE's defense. And decent to good QBs would look all-world (Eli, Flaaco, et al).  

It IS heartening to see NE getting out there and really just stifling Qbs who should be stifled. Arrington's looked good, Talib's looked good, Dennard has taken a huge step from last season ... he has had his side on lock down and he is in the mix. And Jones, who added weight, looks like a beast. 

Here is the key: a good defense (and I'm going to say this is a good defense for the first time in years) shouldn't allow more than 10 points to the Jets. The Jets, over the last 7 years, have one of the worst offenses in the NFL ... end stop. A good defense shouldn't allow more than 14 points to the Bills' rookie QB.

IT wasn't that people "complained" ... it was that people made excuses saying ... "they'll be in good shape in the payoffs" (cue 56 points allowed, 28 points to Sanchez's Jets, huge game losing drives).  

For the first time, in a long time, I actually have confidence that NE might be able beat a team with a good defense and mediocre offense in a tight game (Ravens, Giants, etc). The kind of teams that have given them trouble were teams that could slow NE's offense and take advantage of the fact that anyone  could score at least 21 points against the defense. 

That is the huge takeaway from the game, after the absolute keystone cops act Thompkins, Dobson, et al put on out there at WR. 

The defense actually looks very good. They actually got huge turnovers (not turnovers from teams chucking and ducking because they are behind by 14+ points and time is running out). 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

Rude awakening!

Thank You BB!

I'm checking the standings and all I can see is that they are 2-0.  Can you tell me what division "any other teams" is in?  I'm not finding it anywhere.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Maybe take the extra half second (and, yeah, maybe get hit a few more times) for the receivers to make their adjustments.

Agree completely with this, Dobson's first gaffe in the endzone when he went right instead of left, Brady had all day to throw, had he waited another half second he could have hit Dobson whichever way he went because the kid would have been open either way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Rude awakening!

Thank You BB!

This team is 0-2 in fantasy land, in the real world they are 2-0.

[/QUOTE]

First to last, Baby!

Won't break top 20.  There's your fantacy!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

First to last, Baby!

My fantasy involves Kate Upton smothering me without using her hands...

.. again, I don't care if the offense is ranked #1, only that they play deep into the playoffs and can move the ball against the best D's in the league.  

It won't happen now, have faith that it will in December.  Every year at this time you and others are jumping off the Tobin bridge, get a grip.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Relax Frances I didn't say he was the worst player on the field. Basically we've seen him be better. Yes he was killed by his WR's tonight. You responded to the wrong play. I was refering to the 3rd & 5 play to Tompkins that was a bad pass over the middle not the one he threw away into the ground cause no one is open.

That should say "lighten up Francis...." (a.k.a Psycho)

[/QUOTE]

"Anybody call me Francis...........   I'll killya...."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

[QUOTE]

Maybe take the extra half second (and, yeah, maybe get hit a few more times) for the receivers to make their adjustments.

Agree completely with this, Dobson's first gaffe in the endzone when he went right instead of left, Brady had all day to throw, had he waited another half second he could have hit Dobson whichever way he went because the kid would have been open either way.

[/QUOTE]

Look at the replay again, the defender was on the right ready to defend a cut to the right, all Dobson had to do is stop and turnaround.  It was a zone coverage and I think the receiver was supposed to find a hole or open space between all the defenders.  It was most likely an easy touchdown for Welker or any experienced receiver/TE running an option route.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Look at the replay again, the defender was on the right ready to defend a cut to the right, all Dobson had to do is stop and turnaround.  It was a zone coverage and I think the receiver was supposed to find a hole or open space between all the defenders.  It was most likely an easy touchdown for Welker or any experienced receiver/TE running an option route.

Watch the replay again, after he cut right he had ten feet of open field to the sideline or Brady could have lofted it to the corner pylon and made him go get it.  Not making excuses for Dobson, it would be better he learn the offense, but sometimes you have to work with what you're given.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

[QUOTE]

Watch the replay again, after he cut right he had ten feet of open field to the sideline or Brady could have lofted it to the corner pylon and made him go get it.  Not making excuses for Dobson, it would be better he learn the offense, but sometimes you have to work with what you're given.

[/QUOTE]

That is because the defender reacts to where the ball is thrown, Dobson had no clue and kept going out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Brady was under no pressure...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

First to last, Baby!

My fantasy involves Kate Upton smothering me without using her hands...

.. again, I don't care if the offense is ranked #1, only that they play deep into the playoffs and can move the ball against the best D's in the league.  

It won't happen now, have faith that it will in December.  Every year at this time you and others are jumping off the Tobin bridge, get a grip.

[/QUOTE]

Now that's a fantacy! Smile Not jumping off bridges but definately feel the earth crumbling underneath. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rude awakening!

Thank You BB!

I'm checking the standings and all I can see is that they are 2-0.  Can you tell me what division "any other teams" is in?  I'm not finding it anywhere.

[/QUOTE]

People with eyes closed, walk into walls.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Brady was under no pressure...

I don't know but I think you are wrong in saying that was Brady's fault.  You are saying that it was a designed out cut and Brady screwed up and did not make the right throw?  That is why a veteran QB like Brady was angry after the play, and the rookie was making the right decision?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

I always try too stay positive, but how can BB put these kinds of weapons around Brady? You have one of the best qb's of all time and,you sign a injury prone wr, let Wes go, and fail to bring in adequate replacements. 

I have a feeling years from now writers and fans will look back and think what a waste. Grr.

i hope they get it together over time?

I know. Do the people who think the receivers we have think other QB's like Peyton Manning,Aaron Rodgers,Kapernick and Russell Wilson are sitting back thinking gee I wish I had Tom Brady's receivers? It is embarrassing what he had out there today

I agree, they aren't thinking "I wish I had Brady's receivers." They are thinking, "It's a good thing we know how to develope rookie receivers and bring in new ones each year so we aren't in Tom's position right now."