what about a fine for the facemask

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Re: what about a fine for the facemask

How many ball carriers(or blocking fullbacks....) do we see leading with the crown of their helmets ? And they'll never be called for it.
    This stuff is getting silly and you've got to wonder what the game will be like in 5 - 10 years. I'm not looking forward to Goodell's future NFL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Again, as I said a year ago. The ONLY way to get most of these players to play INTELLIGENTLY is simply...

remove the helmet.

Ok, don't remove it, but go back to the old leather, no facemask helmets.

Then how many LBs lead with their head? How many FBs run into the line head down? How many RBs plunge, head first, towards the goalline?

I managed to play about 7 years, just about every NFL sunday morning, of full contact, pads free football, and NEVER saw a bad head injury. I'm 6'1, 230 and am towards the bigger end of the spectrum. I never hesitated, was a HARD tackler, and never walked off the field with more than a minor, probably dehydration related, headache.

And these games were not wrought with missed tackles, just people that aren't morons.

I cringe when I think of the story about how Fairiweather was taught to tackle by his IQ-lacking father and uncle. "See that heavy bag hanging from the tree? Run through it as hard and fast as you can. Don't wrap up, just run tunti it as hard as you can."

Look at Ray Lewis. How many fines has he accrued over his career for illegal hits? He is one of the hardest hitters I've ever seen, and he does it with his shoulder, and wraps up, EVERY TIME. As his physical skills leave him, he's still a top LB because of his solid tackling fundamentals.

Bear Bryant once said something to the effect of "Give me 11 undertalented guys who have strong fundamentals, and I'll win."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2012/01/22/Sports/Images/APTOPIX_AFC_Championship_Football_0c33a.jpg here is a picture

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to Re: what about a fine for the facemask:

Nothing wrong there.

Yours truly,

R. Goodell

Sections
Shortcuts