What about Moss......?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from finishbreakfast. Show finishbreakfast's posts

What about Moss......?

What are we gonna see out of him from here on? Anyone have an opinion on that? Is Brady alluding to him when he spoke out after Sunday's game?

Welker gets open, even if 2 guys are on him. Is the press being kind in saying Moss has been double covered. A lot of times he hasnt been, and he is not getting open. Skills will diminish at a point in anyone's career. Is that what we are seeing?

Does Moss become a problem from here on? No mystery with A.D. But this is

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Re: What about Moss......?

If Brady was more accurate Moss would easily have 20 TD already this year.  At least once every game Brady fails to hit a wide open Moss. 

And why the hell is BB taking him off the field inside the 10?  So we can run on 3rd and 4th and get stuffed like a Turkey or have our QB unable to throw a fade.......a fade.  By the way nice double coverage on the fade, imagine if Pees was that smart and doubled Plax during the Super Bowl.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

I don't think Randy is going to cause any problems. He had a chance to talk to reporters today and chose to keep yesterday's incident to himself. On the other hand...I think AD just punched his own ticket out of here. There are some people who make $10/hour and will lose their job if they can't get to work on time. This guy makes $7 mil a year and his job performance has been very subpar (unlike Randy who still produces). The least Thomas can do is get to work on time...and if you can't....at least keep your mouth shut. Idiot!

But as far as this post goes...I would be extremely surprised if there were any issues with Randy Moss. He's been great ever since he got here! That's why he's a captain.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

In Response to Re: What about Moss......?:
    [QUOTE]If Brady was more accurate Moss would easily have 20 TD already this year.  At least once every game Brady fails to hit a wide open Moss.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Agreed. AND also, at least once a game, Brady throws a perfect strike, to a defender, double or triple covering Moss, in a jump ball situation. What happened to the days of 10/12 different recievers catching passes? Brady is looking for 2 or 3 receivers per game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

TE, TE ...anyone see Watson or Baker?  They were pretty good under a few other OC's..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

[QUOTE]TE, TE ...anyone see Watson or Baker?  They were pretty good under a few other OC's..
    Posted by krismk[/QUOTE]

People like to dis Watson, but I bet he could have 70 catches on a team that realized the TE wasn't just a 6th lineman or decoy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maybnot. Show maybnot's posts

First off Randy has gotton d-coverd as much as any wideout ever, tampa2 was practicly brought back cause he killd dungy while he was in tampa bay. N wes welker doesnt get nearly the , not even close to coverage 81 see's , dont kno wut u r talkin bout there? way off on that point. Plus , i kno it was said earlier but moss would hav 12-14 td's easy if brady doesnt ova-under throw him several times this yr. Again i kno it was said early on , wheres the other guys. Moss is the only guy who puts points on the board for us, no  real runnin game , whethernu wanna blame it on phoney baloney maroney(even though he has run harder this yr), or that joke of a o.c. billy o'b, mr. predictable. NO t.e. , no 3rd wideout, not to mention welker doesnt put points on the board, great at movin the chains, prob. best in the league at that, but hes not a scorin threat. Again not to b redundent, but ive been sayin this since 07' , y would u take out ur best scorin threat on goaline or inside 10-15, makes no sense, very least he keeps the D honest, cant load up the entire box, never got that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Hopefully we don't hear anything from Moss on it, he is the star playmaker on this team. Everything the team does on offense does or should revolve around him. Welker is open underneath because Moss requires double coverage just about every play. If we do hear something out of Moss then it's certainley a much bigger deal than AT.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

This is a good question.  Clearly, Moss was still a great receiver in Oakland, but without having fun (by winning) and without the chance to make history (with records, undefeated seasons, etc.), he became an underachieving player who barely went through the motions.  The Pats' 2007 season reawakened him for sure, but now that the Pats are 7-5 and the finger-pointing has begun, I can't help but wonder if Moss packs it in for the year...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

If packing in for the year means leading the league in receiving yards, which is what he is doing right now, then let him pack it in..... I don't understand why you guys keep questioning his effort. Oakland and NE is very different. As bad as NE is doing right now, it would have been a good season for Oakland. In addition, Moss in many occasion in Oakland said that his teammates gave up on the team, and he was questioning their attitude and effort. I am not sure what he could have done when ppl around him all gave up. He did fine in Oakland in his first season there, a bad QB can definitely effect even the greatest WR, just look at Steve Smith this year, and he had some sort of hammy or groin injury in his second year there and missed a couple games. He obviously wasn't very productive in Oakland, but not cuz he didn't put in the effort.

If you listen to his coach from Marshall, you will know that Moss always give great effort on game day. Get rid of your microscope on Moss, there is a reason he is a captain, cuz teammates and coachs on the team think he gives great effort and work hard and thus made him the leader for everyone else to follow. A player who packed it in would have lost his teammates already.

In a career which you think he packs it in frequently whenever things don't go his way, he is about to have 150 TD in his career. Good enough for second place all time behind Rice, and he might very well break it in the future. Be gratful that we have him on our side and stop questioning him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsposato. Show rsposato's posts

Moss is like a bully.  When he's doing well he's great, but as soon as
    the going gets tough he quits!  He's a punk and a bully!  He quit playing
    for Oakland so they had to trade him.  As long as things go well Moss
    will laugh and strut as soon as he gets beat up a little, like a bully,
    he gives up and gives very little effort!! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

To the Moss naysayers:

68 Receptions - 1058 yards - 88.2 YPG- 15.6 yards per catch - 9 TD's

He's No 2 in the league. Sheesh, what do you want from the guy? 

Could he have better stats? Well, duh, yes he could but, who's complaining?

Patriots need a legit No 3 receiver to really open things up. Also, the lack of a serious running game (please, Maroney hasn't progressed enough) doesn't open up the passing attack like it should for Brady.

Don't lump Moss in with players like Adalius Thomas though. I'd wash Moss' clothes if he asked me. He's been exceptional as a Patriot and hasn't given ANY ammo for the media to squash him with. 

Trust me, any team would kill to have Moss. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarriorAssassin. Show WarriorAssassin's posts

Brady has under thrown or over thrown just about everybody this year. Which leads me to believe he is still not 100%. Then again. It could be that he is not getting enough time in the pocket. There could be countless arguments as to why. I don't really have the answer. I'm just analyzing what I'm able to see.  I will agree that he has targeted Welker and Moss for most of the season. Brady is not distributing the ball like he was. Without a solid 3rd option, this makes things tougher. But yet again. You have the TE's not getting enough catches. Bottom line and I think most agree. We need an offensive coordinator.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

all i know is how can a guy shorter than moss outjump moss in the end zone and intercept the ball? does moss still have a back problem that he's being hush hush about?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]all i know is how can a guy shorter than moss outjump moss in the end zone and intercept the ball? does moss still have a back problem that he's being hush hush about?
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

It's quite simple and your not the only one to mention this.  Moss was running to the back corner, ball was grossly under thrown into double coverage, Momentum [P = mv] had Moss going away from the ball.

The one camera angle of the play (sideline camera in back corner shooting directly at Moss) does not so depth.  There is no way of seeing how close Moss was to the grossly under thrown pass.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: What about Moss......? : It's quite simple and your not the only one to mention this.  Moss was running to the back corner, ball was grossly under thrown into double coverage, Momentum [ P = m v] had Moss going away from the ball. The one camera angle of the play (sideline camera in back corner shooting directly at Moss) does not so depth.  There is no way of seeing how close Moss was to the grossly under thrown pass.
    Posted by K-max

that's a good point. but i don't thinking jumping for the ball like he did in 2007.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maybnot. Show maybnot's posts

EVERYTIME THIS TEAM HAS A BAD GAME OR EVEN IF WE WIN N 81 DOESNT HAV 150 N 2 TD'S, WUTS WRONG W/ MOSS, HES TAKING PLAYS OFF, PLEZE RESPOND N TELL ME WUT HE COULD BE DOIN BETTER! HES LEADIN THE LEAGUE IN YDS, TIED FOR 2ND IN TD'S, DO U WANT HIM PASS BLOCK, DO U WANT TO SEE HIM IN A BLITZ PACKAGE, WUT DO U WANT FROM A WIDEOUT, HES GONNA HAV 1300YDS N AT LEAST 12-13 TD'S. MOSS DIDNT QUIT IN OAKLAND, MORON, WHOEVER WAS PLAYIN QB WAS SACKED ALMOST 100 TIMES, JUST THINK BOUT THAT FOR A SECOND 100 TIMES, AS SOON AS HE LINE'D UP KERRY COLLINS, MARCUS ISUKO, OR AARON "WOULD U LIK FRIES W/ THAT" BROOKS WAS ON HIS BEHEIND. HE IS DOUBLED COVERED AS MUCH IF NOT MORE THAN AN REC. IN HISTORY. DUNGY PRACTICALY BROUGHT BACK THE TAPMA2 FOR HIM. I HATE BEIN A SPORTS SNOB, BUT UR A IDIOT IF U LOOK AT THIS TEAM N SAY WUT BOUT MOSS. WHO ELSE IS A SCORIN THREAT IN THIS OFFENSE, DEFENSE'S ARNT GAME PLANNIN TO KEEP WELKER OUT OF THE END. WE HAV NO 3RD REC. TO SPEAK OF, A TIGHT END THAT DOESNT GO OVA THE MIDDLE, WHICH IS UNBELIEVABLE CONSIDERING THE POSTION. NO THREAT IN THE BACKFIELD, EVEN THOUGH MARONEY IS RUNNIN BETTER, BILLY O'B WONT STICK W/ THE RUN AT ALL. AGAIN NOT TRYIN TO BE HIGH N MIGHTY, BUT IM BETTIN U THINK REVIS SHUT DOWN MOSS THIS YR. THE SECOND GAME HE DID HAV A VERY GOOD OUTIN, REVIS I  MEAN, BUT THE FIRST MOSS WON MORE THAN HIS FAIR SHARE OF THE BATTLES, BEATING REVIS OF THE LINE N WAS OPEN MOST OF THE DAY. HOW DO I KNO THIS, WELL FIRST OFF I WAS AT THE GAME, SECOND I WATCHED THE "ALL22" GAME TAPE THAT THE COACHES N PLAYAS WATCH, ON THE NFL NETWORKS "PLAYBOOK," MIKE MAYOCK BROKE IT DOWN. THAT SAID I WOULDNT CALL HIM THE BEST "ALL ROUND CORNER" IN THE GAME , BUT HE IS CERTAINLY THE BEST COVER CORNER IN THE GAME AS WE SPEAK. FOOTBALL MIGHT BE THE ULTIMITE TEAM GAME N IF GOD FORBID MOSS DOES HAV A BAD GAME ,WELL SUMONE ELSE NEEDS TO STEP UP N PUT 6 ON THE BOARD. ONLY THE STUPID FAN LOOKS AT THIS TEAM N SAYS, YUP MOSS IS THE PROBLEM. ALSO TO SOCK SNIFFER WHO SAYS VONTAE DAVIS OUTJUMPED HIM, MOSS WAS LOOKIN FOR FADE, NOT A POORLY UNDERTHROWN BALL INTO DOUBLE COVERAGE. 81 IS EASY A TOP 3 REC. ALL TIME N IF HEALTHY WILL BREAK J.R.'S TD RECORD N IS SO UNDERAPPRECIATED ROUND HERE ITS LAUGHABLE, FROM THE SPACE HE CLEARS OUT FOR WELKER, TO THE CONSTANT SCORIN THREAT HE IS.