What about Osi?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

What about Osi?

I think the Giants will part ways with Osi. Its not looking good for him. Do you think New England will sign him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: What about Osi?

He doesn't fit the 3-4 scheme in New England, but if he signed for short money as a 3rd down sub-package pass rusher it could work.  However, there's no way he would accept that type of role/money at this point in his career, in my opinion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i dont want him... dont want peppers either. id much rather adress pass rush in the first round of the draft rather than overpay an overhyped veteran (see adalius thomas)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I brought that question up a couple of weeks ago...But I think im with Fowler on this....no more overpriced free-agents.  I rather see BB bring in a rookie and watch him develop behind the "new" vets NE has on the team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

you are telling m if jason taylor or Julius peppers wanted to sign a 1-2 year contract with the pats for less than 7 million per year you wouldn't take it? I think in order to be a great team one has to bring in FA and through the draft.  The FA allows a team to maintain depth and a veteran core by replacing players lost and improving positions where they do not draft well (such as WR for the Pats) I think we should go for peppers/taylor and bring in one rookie OLB pass rusher that way we have TBC peppers/taylor/rookie/crable/guyton? as the rushers with mayo/mckenzie/rookie/guyton in the middle. 

I think that we can pick  up peppers for 7 million per year and taylor for 3 million thus only being a 10 million dollar cap hit. this money will be created by green, seymore, and restructuring/extending moss and brady.

osi would be a great athelete for this team but you guys are right he doesn't fit our 3-4 defense. only if he was cheap < 3 million and signed for 2-3 years would i bring him in so he would have sufficient time to learn the system.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Osi would never accept playing in sub packages only.  he thinks he's Reggie White calibre.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@natesubs

I wouldnt mind picking up Taylor or Peppers, but I would like to see NE pay JP 16mil.  JT I think if he wants to play another season and Miami dont resign him he will end up in NE.  I believe he will sign for a reasonable price.

Im just saying everyone does not fit in BB's system so easy.  IF they signt another FA for alot of money and he doesnt fit in then he becomes a bust, ie. AT.