What about that Defensive Game Plan???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffchox. Show geoffchox's posts

What about that Defensive Game Plan???

I'm not a coach or anything, but what I've seen of the Saints prior to this game told me that they like to go deep. So If I was game planning, I'd say double all the deep routes and force them to dink/dunk. Isnt that the Pats typical MO except for last night? What a time to change things up!!!

Consider this:
    1) Saints, top slot receiver(lance moore) was out
    2) Backfield pass catcher(reggie bush) was out.
    3) Mcgowan seems to have nuetralized all TE faced so far(give him props!!).
    4) Pats seem to handle the run on a weekly basis (last night wasnt that bad!)

Why get killed by the deep ball???
    Why would the safeties be concerned with underneath routes when no plays were coming from there!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: What about that Defensive Game Plan???

Meriweather looked lost out there

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from winslow1191. Show winslow1191's posts

Where's the clown who debated me with the proposition the Patriots have a good defense?  I said then they have a weak secondary and I say it again.  This is not a championship calibre team and I think it's unfixable.  First round and out.

BTW,  Meriweather wasn't the only one who looked lost out there.  Mayo had the worst game of his career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from salpointe. Show salpointe's posts

We blitzed this qb, but not manning??  Why not keep the same frame of scheme against these guys?  They love the deep ball so we give them one on one match ups with average cover guys?  No rush is one thing, but no rush and blitzers that do not get pressure is worse.....Seems like we need to do a  better job of film break down and have a strong voice of reason when putting a game plan together as of late.

Sections
Shortcuts