What about the "Steeler Way"??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Re: What about the "Steeler Way"??

In Response to Re: What about the "Steeler Way"??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What about the "Steeler Way"?? : to the people trashing smorgan's post.      hey you are not thinking or talking about his main points.  they are really good points. try re-reading it. further everything we do is not terrible. we are doing some things right. but if our organization changed it's perspective in a few areas, we might have already had another 1 or 2 super bowls, and have a shot at more than we will if we don't learn from our experiences as a franchise.       let's not be so reactionary. share our thoughtful comments about others thoughts. peace
    Posted by cbdam[/QUOTE]

Thanks man..appreciate the support! Problem here is if you say ONE thing against Lord Bill or the Patriot Way, you are ostricized forever on this board. No objectivity whatsoever!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about the "Steeler Way"?? : Well, big surprise, you vanished for a week, now you think this is some sort of vindication?  The Jets are better than the patises for the second year in a row.   So what is it about 20/33 & 2tds and no picks that is horrible?  Without running the numbers, that's about a 100-110 rating.  Yeah that's horrible.    
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Oh, and YOU didn't vanish after the 45-3?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Pats
    Year
    WLT
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2010.htm">20101420
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2009.htm">20091060
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2008.htm">20081150
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2007.htm">20071600
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2006.htm">20061240
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2005.htm">20051060
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2004.htm">20041420
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2003.htm">20031420
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2002.htm">2002970
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2001.htm">20011150
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2000.htm">20005110

Pitts
    Year
    WLT
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2010.htm">20101240
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2009.htm">2009970
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2008.htm">20081240
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2007.htm">20071060
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2006.htm">2006880
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2005.htm">20051150
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2004.htm">20041510
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2003.htm">20036100
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2002.htm">20021051
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2001.htm">20011330
    www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2000.htm">2000970

So after you look at the records and know the SB stats. Can you really say the Pitt way is any better than the Pats way. They both work for each team but seriously folks IMHO the Pats way has worked better since 2000.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

In Response to What about the "Steeler Way"??:
    [QUOTE]All we hear about and talk about in this parts is this almost MYTHical (and I'm using the word MYTH strongly, "Patriot Way" of doing things. Well, what about the "Steeler Way"?? Do we discount the fact that all this organization does is WIN?? They do it with toughness, solid drafting, RUNNING, defense ,GOOD OC and DC's and...finally THEY SPEND MONEY! The Pats have one of the lowest total payrolls in the NFL. Second I believe to Arizona. The Steelers have one of the highest. I mean, is BB writing the checks himself?? We need talent. MORE than what we have now. I agree with drafting it more than FA's but for cryin out loud it takes money to make money so to speak. Is there a crime in drafting high and actually PAYING the picks. We done enough with the volume/value approach. It's time to maximize and plug holes and throw some cash around. The Steelers to me right now are the Gold Standard organization..not the Pats. You can't argue the results.
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]
    Does the Steeler way include rape in any way shape or form?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

[QUOTE]Did the Steelers win in 2009?  Don't think so.  They weren't even 8-8. They do it with wife beaters and rapists.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

They were 9-7 they have not had a losing season under Tomlin. 

They win with wife beaters and rapists while the Pats win with Ernie Adams and videotape. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

[QUOTE]You can't discredit that but neither can you discredit the Patriots success. As good as the Steelers have been since 2005 they still have 2 losing seasons in that time. The Patriots have not had a losing season since 2001, nor have they really been close barring the injury ridden 2002 season. I agree with your top 3 teams of the decade as most would but I believe the Patriots brass has given us the most consistent shot at winning year in and year out. Teams just don't go 11-5 without the reigning league mvp, or 14-2 in a re-building year. As much as I wish we had landed better players in the draft from 06-8 I would say we have been doing something right.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

When is 8-8 and 9-7 losing seasons?  Man, you Red Sox fans are crazy with your stats. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

[QUOTE]Did the Steelers win in 2009?  Don't think so.  They weren't even 8-8. They do it with wife beaters and rapists.

No they weren't even 8-8, they were 9-7

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsjustagame1. Show itsjustagame1's posts

[QUOTE]That makes no sense. This is a new decade.  Are you sure you aren't a troll?  Ben Roethlisberger has the worst QB rating of any QB in  SB history in January of 2006.   It was 43. Good QB who battles, but like everything in Pittsburghland, he's overrated.  I heard someone compare him to Manning and Brady. lol
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTEBReign
    -----
    the 2010 season is the last year of the decade. Don't pull the Troll card, it weakens your statements.

If we talk about SB rings as a measurement of success, then I think it'd be fair to say the Steelers could be considered a candidate for NFL team for the past decade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsjustagame1. Show itsjustagame1's posts

[QUOTE]I'm making a note of the fans who are now promoting the Steelers all of a sudden. Just make sure you are here in a couple of weeks.    If Pitt loses, this all sounds really dumb, doesn't it? Look at Ben's numbers yesterday? If NY was a better team with a better QB, he and Pitt lose that game.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

LMAO....look out peeps BBReigns is taking notes on names.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsjustagame1. Show itsjustagame1's posts

[QUOTE]You can't discredit that but neither can you discredit the Patriots success. As good as the Steelers have been since 2005 they still have 2 losing seasons in that time. The Patriots have not had a losing season since 2001, nor have they really been close barring the injury ridden 2002 season. I agree with your top 3 teams of the decade as most would but I believe the Patriots brass has given us the most consistent shot at winning year in and year out. Teams just don't go 11-5 without the reigning league mvp, or 14-2 in a re-building year. As much as I wish we had landed better players in the draft from 06-8 I would say we have been doing something right.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

noone is discrediting the "Patriots" way, people are just asking a valid question regarding other good teams like the Steelers and Colts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsjustagame1. Show itsjustagame1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about the "Steeler Way"?? : Not sure when the decade starts or ends or does it just mean whatever 10 year period one wants to talk about. The thing with the steelers is they have been pretty inconsistant. One year they win it all the next year they don't even make the playoffs. This has happen pretty regular of late and with that kind of performance I would not call them the team of the decade.
    Posted by fourjays30[/QUOTE]

Technically, a new decade starts with year ending in 1 and ends with year ending in 0, so season 2010 is the last year of the past decade. So, if the Steelers win the SB game vs. packers, then that'd be 3 rings w/i past 10 years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Rusty. Like I said the picture changes when the Steelers start to lose players or coaching staff ( I can't see Lebeau leaving a great situation any time soon and they will franchise and pay Woodley). On the other hand no team loses as much of its roster  over the last two years than the Pats ,rebuilds on the fly, has a great draft and attains the best regular season record in football. That seldom, if ever, happens. People forget we went from Bledsoe to Brady under Kraft. The Steelers went through Brister, O Donnell and dearth of mediocre personel until recently. Any "Way" comment is usually just a media creation anyway. If you win the big dance more than once the whole world talks about how that's the way to do it, when the fact is a) there is no clearcut way to do "it" b) having a team that achieves the playoffs every year is an extrordinary accomplishment regardless of how you do it. I still agree that the Steelers are a top 5 organization, but they weren't without a down time/era either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsjustagame1. Show itsjustagame1's posts

[QUOTE]Rusty. Like I said the picture changes when the Steelers start to lose players or coaching staff ( I can't see Lebeau leaving a great situation any time soon and they will franchise and pay Woodley). On the other hand no team loses as much of its roster  over the last two years than the Pats ,rebuilds on the fly, has a great draft and attains the best regular season record in football. That seldom, if ever, happens. People forget we went from Bledsoe to Brady under Kraft. The Steelers went through Brister, O Donnell and dearth of mediocre personel until recently. Any "Way" comment is usually just a media creation anyway. If you win the big dance more than once the whole world talks about how that's the way to do it, when the fact is a) there is no clearcut way to do "it" b) having a team that achieves the playoffs every year is an extrordinary accomplishment regardless of how you do it. I still agree that the Steelers are a top 5 organization, but they weren't without a down time/era either.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

ahhh, a man with common sense...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Yesterday I began to respect the Steelers.  They have a complete team, unlike the Patriots.   We have a good offense,  they have it all.   Their defensive puts fear into opponents. 

Throwing on 3rd down with 2 minutes left  showed they got guts. It was a very gutsy call by Tomlin.  Big Ben is a winner and one of the best ever.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about the "Steeler Way"?? : Crow? For what?  The Steelers are an excellent team.  As poorly as the Jets played in the first half, it really only came down to the strip sack at the end of the half.  It wasn't like the entire world was picking hte Jets to win and they choked like NE did.  By the way, how was Sanchez in the cold? That guy really brings his A game in the playoffs, sort of the opposite of TB.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

"By the way, how was Sanchez in the cold? That guy really brings his A game in the playoffs, sort of the opposite of TB."  This statement is so idiotic, on so many levels, it boarders on mental retardation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]Hi Phat Rex!  Can't come here and eat crow under your Jets name?  Why is that, fatboy? Does Ben Rapelisturd have 3 rings? Does he have league MVPs or what about the greatest regular season in NFL history? lol!  Facts hurt people like Phatty Rex/Patsman 2.

HAHA Rusty you moron.  Again with the double talk.  When its Brady vs. Manning and Manning backers mention his MVP's you say thats meaningless and its all about winning. 

Now if its Ben vs. Brady all of a sudden its oh Ben doesnt have any MVP's. LOL what a HOMER. 

Oh and learn to read, Big Ben has 2.  I said IF he gets the 3rd one in 2 weeks he has as many as Brady. Rusty Can you is so special.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

[QUOTE]I'm making a note of the fans who are now promoting the Steelers all of a sudden. Just make sure you are here in a couple of weeks.    If Pitt loses, this all sounds really dumb, doesn't it? Look at Ben's numbers yesterday? If NY was a better team with a better QB, he and Pitt lose that game.

they were talking about this yesterday and right now on  dennis and callahan show, and D and  C both said even if ben wins the sb he still isnt in the same league as brady and manning. So yes have too agree with you and them!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about the "Steeler Way"?? : "By the way, how was Sanchez in the cold? That guy really brings his A game in the playoffs, sort of the opposite of TB."  This statement is so idiotic, on so many levels, it boarders on mental retardation.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

Of course it's mental retardation. SMorgan, Doctor and Phat Rex/Patsman 2 are Jets fans.

Most annoying people on earth and it ain't close.

I start twitching when I mistakenly pass by MTV and Jersey Shore is on tv.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I don't usually question or respond negatively to any of the posts from Patriot fans on this forum. But this is an old worn out cliche, just like others around the NFL use 'spygate' as a way to downplay the great success of the Patriots over the past ten years.  I'll be the first to admit that the Steelers aren't a great team, haven't been for a long time. But just like New England, they usually don't get high draft choices and yet they build their team mostly through the draft, and still remain very competitive or near the top, year after year.  There are a lot of regulars on here who are honest & very knowledgeable about the NFL, they bring up a lot of good topics and that's why I enjoy reading them & also the comments. As for Ben, I think the first incident was bogus. This woman was bragging that she was going to have some 'little Rothlisbergers'. The second incident, personally I believe this girl, more than the first one. Although he has never been charged with anything (as far as I know) I will not defend him .  Response to Re: What about the "Steeler Way"??:

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I find it faintly amusing that, on a Patriots forum where hardware is the ultimate defense for the slings and arrows of outrageous trolldom, that anyone would be questioning the methods of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I wouldn't say he stinks , he  is good but would never  put him in the same league as  brady and manning, Yes ben is a tough player this is no doubt in my mind, but too be honest stats don't  matter always too fans but when comes down too hof it will and ben doesnt have the numbers yet .Wait someone will bring up marino yes he never won the sb but he was so much more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He doesn't stink but he is overrated because every player in Pitt is completely overrated by that fanbase.

Apparently, Louis Lipps should be in the Hall of Fame as should Dermontti Dawson. lol

Roethlisberger has the worst, I reapeat, the worst QB rating of any winning SB QB ever with a rating of 43.  That's not a good thing to have on the ol' resume.

Anyone who is that horrendous in a SB game cannot be in the same breath as all time greats like Montana or Brady.   

Brady has so many records Turdlisburger could only dream of. Same with Manning.  It's actually insulting to put Turdlisberger into the Brady, Manning  or Brees category currently. 

If anyone was a "game manager" of these names, it's Rapelisturd.

Roethlisberger is like Jim Plunkett (2 rings) or a larger version of John Elway. HOF type QBs, who ended up playing on loaded teams in great organizations, but not the best stats.

But, no doubt give him credit for winning.  That's all that matters. But, if someone like Drew Brees walked into a great environment either in SD or NOs immediatley, he'd already have 2 rings by now, too.

I just think when you get to the upper echelon of all time greats, he's not in the discussion.  Brees isn't either, but that is sort of the point.  Even Brees is more impressive right now than Rapelisturd.

If he were to win the SB again, he'd have to be in the general discussion due to the rarity of winning 3 rings, though.  But better than people with superior resumes? NO.

I also think the fact he is a serial rapist will tarnish his reputation forever. Some people won't ever forgive that he was a rapist in his down time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about the "Steeler Way"?? : For all the marbles I take Brady and Ben over Manning and it's not even close.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Definitely a stupid statement.^^^

"Not even close"?

So, if Manning hadn't thrown the INT late in last yea'r SB, or NOs hadn't converted on that onside kick last year, Manning's numbers and his two rings (if the Colts had recovered the onside kick), are somehow worse than Rapelisturd's resume?

What planet do you live on?

I hate Indy like everyone else, but that's ludicrous. Manning has never had a QB rating of 43 in a SB.

No one has even remotely been that horrendous. Not even Elway or freaking Vince Ferragamo. Or Trent Dilfer.

Sections
Shortcuts