What about...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

What about...

All these players:

Jarvis Green?  Is he practicing?  Is he hurt?
    Mike Wright?
    Ryan O'Callaghan?

And my favorite ...

Ray Ventrone?  So Julian Edelman and Terrence Nunn are the new kids on the block.  Big deal.  Can they fly down the field and tackle a kick returner inside the 20 like Ventrone?  No way. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: What about...

I'm hoping Green can bounce back after a big off year last season. Mike Wright is what he is, a solid backup player who adds value because of depth. But yeah, Green's performance sets up how NE's 4-3 subs look, so he needs to step it up.

The Nunn hype right now is peculiar, but that is how the forum rolls. Edelman is more interesting to me because he is actually getting reps and face time with the pass and catch drills Randy and Brady run.

Ventrone? Well, he is interesting, but really what kind of news do you expect about a special teams player?

Digesting what I read, I think the most interesting story is if they keep all the TE's they have, or cut one, and if so which one. And what players on the overstocked defense don't make the cut.

Salary/experience pretty much dictates that Green and Wright are safe, so they can't really be in that equation.

If I had to pick a player to spy on during practices it would be Guyton to see how he is developing, and also W-squared as second year guys. I would love to see the RB's in action, but RB drills mean bupkis, because they do everything they can to protect those guys this time of year.  I am fascinated to see how they work out this platoon and who gets reps and when. I also *really* want to see what Oldie Hawn has left in the tank so I can understand what they saw in him.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

LOL.  Oldie Hawn?  You mean Fred Taylor?  I'm still in disbelief.  As soon as they made the KC trade, they gave Vrabel's money to him.  Couldn't they have kept Morris and BJGE and spent the money on extending Seymour or Wilfork or Ghost or Green or Mankins or ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Haha, mighty. Yeah, I have fun.

For some reason a ton of scouts think it was a great move and that the old guy isn't gassed. Especially reading from scouts from his division when it happened. We'll see though.

But I am skeptical of age at contact positions like RB, S and LB as these guys really take the high impact car-crash type shots repeatedly.

Bringing in old timers on the OL, DL, WR, CB, or QB don't worry me as much, because often times, especially in small doses or limited roles, older guys can still be effective there. But speed/collision guys like Taylor tend to age *fast*.

But according to a few people, he still has the legs to break it in the open field, which is something that Morris and BJGE don't have, and Maroney only has when he is in playing conditio I am skeptical though.

I think the "extension" argument is over after this season. I have't looked in while, but IIRC once this year is over Taylor is very cut-able. Which means they could use it then. In reality, it means very little to the kind of salary uptick Fork is going to command. But I am hoping they can get him done at a NT market, for something like 4/28 or 5/35. You could buy two or three Taylors for that cash.