What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asimplename. Show asimplename's posts

Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl

In Response to Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl:
    [QUOTE]The only way we lose in the playoffs is if one of the best offense's ever assembled lays its 4rth egg in a row. I don't think that will happen again and we will win the big one.....its gonna be so sweet.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

So you post about the offense being the key to winning "the big one" and then add a line stating that defense wins championships?  Are you schizophrenic? Or are you schizophrenic?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

I don't know what some of you have been smoking lately, but Dessalines said it best, "Any given Sunday."
    Only the Patriots can beat the Patriots?  C'mon.  If that isn't fan myopia, I don't know what is.  In a best of seven series, sure, bet the house on the better team.  Otherwise, in an era chock-full of exceptional players (and a heavy handful of smart coaches), one ref alone can cause an upset.
    Scheme, coaching, illness, injuries.  I'm not betting my house.  I think the Pats could and maybe even should make it to the big game. But I try to keep my feet on the ground.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I do not see a team out there that is capable of beating the Patriots if they bring their A game.  The trouble is that the last three playoffs, the Patriots did not play their game.  They let the opposing team dictate the flow of the game.  The Patriots are developing a balanced attack on the offense.  The Defense has looked good the last couple of weeks.  The biggest concern moving forward is injuries.  As can be noted by the Colts, one key injury is all it takes to make an elite team another also ran team.  The Patriots are already on their backup center.  They have lost Mayo for a bit of time.  The areas of concern for me are Brady, Chung, the TE's and Wilfork.  Keep these players healthy and all the other injuries can be covered by the depth developed on the team. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

If the Pats make unforced errors they will lose to anyone in the playoffs, but assuming a neutral field with both teams playing "well"?  I'd go Ravens, that defense is the real deal up front especially, don't see NE being able to run it effectively.  I could just imagine a game where the offense struggles, though the Ravens offense doesn't exactly keep me up at night.  GB Pats superbowl seems the most logical to me, though to be totally honest I can't see NE beating them right now.  But that's why they play, go pats!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Baltimore.
    They can wreak havoc w/their D and keep the score low. They create turnovers & could even score on D. With a low score, the Ravens offense could put up enough points to win.
    It's amazing how the offensive line has fallen apart in the last SB, against the Ravens, and then the Jets last year. The same offensive line that typically gives Brady all the time in the world has just been blown up the last three times the games really mattered. The defense actually played ok in the SB & against the Jets

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Baltimore, in the title game.  The Bills aren't even close. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The number one prospect for denying the Pats the SB is their O-line. If they protect Brady consistently they can win against anybody.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

In Response to Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl:
    [QUOTE]The number one prospect for denying the Pats the SB is their O-line. If they protect Brady so he can hold the ball for 10 seconds while everyone is covered because they throw on every down they can win against anybody.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Stop whining and making excuses. Telling Ds you are going to pass over and over would make any top flight O Line susceptible. And Brady holding it too long is another issue.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Right genius.

It's the HOF QB that's the problem. If only he wasn't holding back our world class running game, world class O-line and world class defense all would be well. Your opinions are daft.

Tell me this Einstein; if we aren't running the ball enough why isn't the greatest coach of all-time heeding your sage analysis?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

San Diego's defense isn't nearly enough to stop this offense. They'll hang 30+ on that team every time. 

Baltimore is an issue. They put the game in the hands of the defense. Thankfully, BB seems to have fixed the problems with his total overhaul up front. If this defense can hold Dallas to 16 on a bad offensive day, they can roll with Baltimore's anemic "O."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Rusty to say the HEAD COACH does not call the plays or at least have a say in what plays are called is just not correct. This is a major mix up with fans, just because you hire an OC does not mean the head coach no longer calls plays on either side of the ball. Bill more so then most HC's has a lot to say about everything not to mention Bill O Brian did not write the plays for the playbooks, BB did and so the plays being called are all Bills plays or plays Bill has approved. BB 100% has a say in the play calling, its just easier to blame the OC.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I think you are completely wrong on this. BB(as was shown in Football life) tells Obrien the game plan, pass heavy or run heavy and surely has the only say in how they will attack a defense, but the offensive play calling from play to play is called by Obrien or Brady(audibles, no huddle etc.)

Now when the game is on the line or perhaps a crucial 3rd down I am sure BB steps in as we have seen in the past(Colts 4rth down call) but much like the SB in 07, BB is coaching this young defense as Brady and Billy are running the O.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl : So you post about the offense being the key to winning "the big one" and then add a line stating that defense wins championships?  Are you schizophrenic? Or are you schizophrenic?
    Posted by asimplename[/QUOTE]

I have been on the record often as saying my quote may no longer be accurate as we have seen teams drop back in zone coverage over and over again to combat the recent rule changes...It is sad but true, this is a QB driven league now more then ever. BB has built this team around Brady much like the 04 Colts did with PM and the Rams before them...unfortunately it hasn't worked.

Nice of you to have your 7th post in 9 months be in response to my statement....Unless you were too scared to use your real title???

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]Stop whining and making excuses. Telling Ds you are going to pass over and over would make any top flight O Line susceptible. And Brady holding it too long is another issue.
    Tom holds the ball too long-I totally agree on that, it's one of the few flaws in his game....But the playoff struggles of the line have to be put on the players, I understand the desire for more balance, but getting blown off the ball and not being able to put a hat on a hat has nothing to do with playcalling.  that's execution plain and simple, and the pats haven't executed at a high level in those games.  Perhaps the playcalls are wrong (in the jets game last year they didn't run enough-no doubt), but with such poor execution you couldn't get production with Jim Brown in the backfield.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

BALT, PITS and SD can come alive anytime. Dont write them off.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I wouldn't "Write off" any of those teams, but the Pats figured out the Steelers defense years ago, can't remember the last time they didn't slice them to ribbons.  The Steelers O-line is a total mess, and the Chargers....they're the Chargers.  Ravens worry me, which is frustrating because their offense isn't in the same zip code as the Patriots.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl : Right genius. It's the HOF QB that's the problem. If only he wasn't holding back our world class running game, world class O-line and world class defense all would be well. Your opinions are daft. Tell me this Einstein; if we aren't running the ball enough why isn't the greatest coach of all-time heeding your sage analysis?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

The idea that Brady holds the ball too long sometimes is not the same as saying he is a problem.  The issue is that because he holds the ball so long when the coverage is good that he gets sacked and then fools like you think the O-line is the reason we lose games.  Watch some tape of a team that actually has a shitty offensive line before you whine about the Patriots front.  Brady has more time to throw than almost any QB in the league.  While some of that is because he has outstanding pocket presence and is very good pre-snap that wouldn't be sufficient if the O-line was as bad as you seem imply.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]BB doesn't call the plays, Corky. Bill O'Brien does. Why did Bill O'Brien call a pass on 2nd and 1?  It led to a BB timeout to over-rule O'Brien for a big Branch catch to salvage that disastrous playcall. Anything else, counselor?

But you have proclaimed they aren't running the ball enough smart guy. You would think BB would see this flaw and insist more runs be called the next series or next game.

Face it wonderboy. You haven't the slightest clue what the hell you're talking about

You = exposed again, as a dum bass.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl : The idea that Brady holds the ball too long sometimes is not the same as saying he is a problem.  The issue is that because he holds the ball so long when the coverage is good that he gets sacked and then fools like you think the O-line is the reason we lose games.  Watch some tape of a team that actually has a shitty offensive line before you whine about the Patriots front.  Brady has more time to throw than almost any QB in the league.  While some of that is because he has outstanding pocket presence and is very good pre-snap that wouldn't be sufficient if the O-line was as bad as you seem imply.
    Posted by 423206852231dc13f5b2e36577a3bcfa[/QUOTE]

C'mon pea-brain, the whole f'n world was applauding BB for drafting an O-lineman #1 because of the line problems.

But in your little da da land it's the HOF QB holding the ball too long that makes the great line look bad. Get a clue.

25. This post has been removed.