What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl

In Response to Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl : C'mon pea-brain, the whole f'n world was applauding BB for drafting an O-lineman #1 because of the line problems. But in your little da da land it's the HOF QB holding the ball too long that makes the great line look bad. Get a clue.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

It was a good pick because Matt Light is old.  Stop putting words in my mouth.  I am not saying Brady is a problem, but rather your argument that the O-line is what is keeping us from winning an SB is dumb as hell.  I live in Chicago now and can see first hand what a bad offensive line looks like.  I swear you don't even watch the games.

P.S. last year where you claim the O-line was such a problem Football Outsiders ranked them 6th in pass protection with the weak link being Matt Light (gee I wonder why we drafted Solder).  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl:
    [QUOTE]Yea I "challenged" you Rusty....what a joke. I simply do not agree with you I was not challenging you. You really do think that anyone who does not agree with you is against you dont you? I understand that O Brian calls in the plays but my point was that the plays he calls in are not his, he did not come up with this offense it is Belichick's play book and so every play is a Belichick play but YES it is O Brian who decides when to call those plays. But if you think BB has nothing to do with the process you have clearly never coached a team in your entire life. At the high school level, at the college level, and yes at the pro level the head coach has his hands in EVERYTHING.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Of course you are right. BB is the man with the plan. O'Brien works within what BB has dictated in that plan. Anybody who thinks a control freak like BB isn't knee deep in what is being called on both sides of the ball is oblivious.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl : It was a good pick because Matt Light is old.  Stop putting words in my mouth.  I am not saying Brady is a problem, but rather your argument that the O-line is what is keeping us from winning an SB is dumb as hell.  I live in Chicago now and can see first hand what a bad offensive line looks like.  I swear you don't even watch the games. P.S. last year where you claim the O-line was such a problem Football Outsiders ranked them 6th in pass protection with the weak link being Matt Light (gee I wonder why we drafted Solder).  
    Posted by 423206852231dc13f5b2e36577a3bcfa[/QUOTE]

The line has been pretty good right along in the regular season. It's been in the playoffs where they have chosen to not show up. That's where the concern has been, and rightly so. My remarks were about their chances to advance in the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl : The line has been pretty good right along in the regular season. It's been in the playoffs where they have chosen to not show up. That's where the concern has been, and rightly so. My remarks were about their chances to advance in the playoffs.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
    I'll leave you all to your "challenging", but this is really all that needs to be said about the Patriots struggles in big games.  And that's why the Ravens present the biggest hurdle in the AFC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The last two seasons found the Patriots failing themselves in the playoffs by not playing as they had been in the regular season.  So, in a nutshell, the Pats should look in the mirror and ask...  "Who are we defeating today?  Not ourselves!" 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

Can you imagine the control freak that is Bill Belichick allowing O'Brien to stay as OC for as long as he has if BB did not think he was calling a good game?  I can't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

[QUOTE]All im saying is I have spent a lot of time and money going to coaching clinics over the years and I have worked with legit people at those clinics and everything I know about being a head coach is that you are definitely involved in everything. The OC calls the plays yes that is correct but the head coach does have a say in what is being called and he even sometimes will step in and call a play if he sees something he likes. He does the same with the DC and the Special Teams. That is what a head coach does. Im not saying BB is the one calling the plays into Brady but they are his plays and he has a say and thats all I was saying. But some how Rusty always trys to act like im going against him when im just trying to share with him what I know about this situation and thats it. Im not challenging anyone. Its a f ucking message board I dont need to challenge anyone to make myself feel big.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

right, i would think that  BB would have a lot of imput as to what they do on offense, maybe not on every down but more of a game plan. that's just my guess though.

i do see a difference in the play calling from when weis was here to what they do now. they used to establish the running game back then and protect brady more. he would be even more lethal in the passing game if they had that balance and defenses didn't know what they were going to do. most of the time when they go to the spread the defense knows exactly what they are doing while the patriots are saying try and stop us. they make it too easy for the defense and set themselves up for big losses, qb hits, and turnovers. 

i'm no offensive coordinator but when they were 1st and goal against the bills before the half everyone watching was screaming for a running play but they passed and it was picked off, coming away with no points before the half. same thing against the cowboys, good drive going, 2nd and 1 after a 9 yard run, they pass and brady gets sacked for a huge loss, drive killer. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Ravens.  Their schedule is easy so it is very possible they could have home field throughout. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

If the playoffs started this week, I wouldn't want Ravens..but this is getting way the .... ahead of things... No one is even in the playoffs yet, and it's safe to say that this team and everyone else will look much different in December than they do  now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

the patriots

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

The only team that worries me in the playoffs, bar none is the Ravens. They are the real deal soley based on their Defense! No one else can beat the Pats unless the Pats beat themselves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

As we stand today - this is how i see it - early - but hey what the hell-

New England - Great O but has stopped itself  
                                      against 4 man rush -D is on the rise 
                        The Best Ower/Coach/QB - Only Rogers in coversation
                     With Home Field Advantage will be favorites except
                                 against GB in SB
                 pts
                 +3   Baltimore - Great D but lousy O -Very good Coach
                 +5   San Diego - Great O, Good D -shoots self in foot - lousy Coach
                 +6   Cincinatti - Very good D - Offense? - rookie QB - Good Coach
                + 6   Pittsburg  - Good O - Good D - but old - Good Coach
                 +7   Oakland    - Can Run but QB ?
                  +10 Houston ? Won't win a playoff game if in)
                              I think we play SD then Baltimore 
                                     (notice no Jets ROFL)

-7 Green Bay -Great O - D very good but was giving up points - 
                                                  Very Good Coach
                  +1 Detroit        Great QB /lousy run- D great 
                                          on CJ - QB is not seasoned - Good Coach
                  +3 San Fran     Good D Good O - but Alex Smith? very good coach
                              btw - don't like harbaugh - sort of a punk and a bully to me
                  +3 Dallas         Good D /Good O but shoots self in foot - 
                                           ala SD - Team like SD who can beat anybody
                                                         but hasn't
                   + 4 NO           Very Good O -D? Won't get to SB
                   + 7 Atlanta     Not showing enough - won't get to SB      

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl : Where in Chicago?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

The north side.  A couple blocks north of Wrigley and a bit farther east.  Basically a bit north of boystown.  Been here about a year.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

[QUOTE]Ahh. Grace and Sheridan? 

Close.  A bit farther northeast.  West Sheridan and Pine Grove.

[QUOTE] Lived in Roscoe Village and Lakeview. Need any pointers, let me know.

Solid.  Will do.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

[QUOTE]I had a tough time finding legit pizza and chinese food.  You? I was shocked with the Chinese food issue, other than Chinatown on the S. Side, but damn. Not sure what the issue was. Pizza-wise, not a deep dish fan, but I was able to locate a few legit NY style places on the N. Side.

There are a ton of Thai places, but no strictly Chinese although some of the Thai places are closer to fusion and none of them do fried rice properly.  Perhaps it's trendy or something.

I like Lou Malnati's more than the other deep dish places.  I work in Evanston and I enjoy the pizza from the Gigio's location there.  I've noticed another location out the window on the El on the way to work, but haven't tried it yet. I'm open to suggestions if you have any.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

If they're healthy-themselves. If the D continues to progress there are no AFC teams we can't be competative with.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The Patriots cannot be beat. If you could clone the Patriots organization and play them against each other both would win. Both Brady's would have game winning drives with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. It would cause a rip in the space-time continuum...it's a lot like crossing the beams.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

[QUOTE]it's a lot like crossing the beams.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

+1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I'd say that teams that have strong corners that can get pressure on Brady and can play the Rex Ryan defense will pose our toughest test come post season...A defesne that like it or not we've yet to beat in the post season...

Sections
Shortcuts