What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from knoxvillepat. Show knoxvillepat's posts

Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl

Baltimore for sure...They have either won or played us tough for several years now. They know they can beat us even in Foxboro. Excellent Defense and good enough offense. In games with the Ravens, we must score early and often and let Flacco melt-down. If he plays mistake free ball, they will be tuff to beat.

Pittsbugh - BB has their number and Brady eats them up alive. Their defensive style plays right into Brady's stengths.

San Diego - No problem, never have been, never will be with Turner at the helm

South winner  - not a chance, with Peyton out, this challenges the NFC West as the weakest division in the league.

Any wild card winner - no worries.....

Jets - not this year -

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl:
    [QUOTE]Themselves I do not worry about Baltimore.
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE]

Feel the same way a couple of years ago in the divisional round? Beware of being overly confident with a DFL ranked defense behind you......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

ANY AFC playoff team with an offense ranked in teh top third of teh NFL needs to be a concern. MOST playoff games are won by defense. ANyone putting all their eggs in this year's Patriot Defense, as it is right now, is not going to keep their hard earned money long.

Come back with this question, say, after week 16. I'm sure the responses will be different.

Oh, and everyone HAS to be reminded that, no matter what, Brady does NOT play defense. Can't help on that side of the ball.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl : Well, then why deflect and act like BB pulls O'Brien's strings calling plays during a game? He doesn't. On the 2nd and 1 awful O'Brien call on Sunday with the shotgun 15 yard sack, BB called a timeout.  That's a good example of BB assuming his power, probably discussing a play with O'Brien and Brady, and then whamo, Branch gets 40+ yards on a play call. Of course BB is involved in the gameplanning, but so are Brady and O'Brien. This relationship is VITAL to this team's chances at a SB. With Weis, it was streamlined. With McDaniels, to some degree it was, but now with O'Brien, he's been given a loaded cast at his disposal to call games, as good or better than each Weis and McDaniels. Do the math. The guy has the title and the keys to the offense during games.  He can call whatever he wants.  It's up to him to get a feel for it, trust his instincts and call the games correctly. Not Belichick. If Belichick was the guy, he'd be calling the plays.  He does the same with Patricia.  Patricia calls em in, BB  oversees, and if he wants to overrule, he does. Gameplanning is led by BB, but not gamecalling. And just because you coach as a hobby, it doesn't mean you have the answers with how the way the Pats handle their coaching infrastructure. I go by facts, what I see and the results. On Sunday, O'Brien was BAD O'Brien.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Your constatnt inane spin is comical. Somehow you're expecting people to buy your delusion that O'Brien is passing way too much but BB is helpless to correct that glaring flaw in the gameplan that your infallible mind has detected.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say BB could explain in a clear way to O'Brian that he needs to run the ball more if he wanted him to do that.

What exactly do you think BB is talking about through the headset the entire time the O is on a drive wonderboy, the weather?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Lots of talk here about the "fear" many have with regards to the Baltimore Ravens.  Yes, they have a really good D, but, has anyone noticed the offenses they defended to get there?  This team played PIT, TEN, StL, NYJ and HOU.  Which of these offenses were really a TRUE test for this defense?  Let's see how they do against the Green Bay's, Patriots and Saints of the world before we crown their defense like many are doing.  It is easy to haul off on an offense that is literally sputtering along.  Look what Tennessee did to this defense...  St. Louis is playing absolutely horrible and the Jets, well, they are really bad, too.  Houston was hobbled with injuries missing key starters.  Add to this the fact their remaining schedule is not exactly a road with high powered offenses they need to face.  It is easy to get confident against cup cake offenses, as it is easy for an offense to salivate when it plays a cup cake defense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]I had a tough time finding legit pizza and chinese food.  You? I was shocked with the Chinese food issue, other than Chinatown on the S. Side, but damn. Not sure what the issue was. Pizza-wise, not a deep dish fan, but I was able to locate a few legit NY style places on the N. Side.

I'm jumping in on this one.

Chicago Deep Dish pizza has to be the most over-rated regional food in America.  Sauce on top of the cheese, dumbest idea in the history of pizza.

I once had a girlfriend from Chicago and every time we would go visit her family we would end up eating deep dish one night.  For a while I choked down a few slices because I didn't want to tell them all that it was garbage but eventually I would just order my own thin crust.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]A few?  I could only eat 2, max. It's heavy and you feel like crap after eating it. Great, great people in Chicago, but they are so insecure of their pizza when comparing it to the real thing. It's pretty funny.  Too much dough, too much sauce, too much cheese.  And their own "thin crust' is like cooking a frozen pizza and pretending it was made fresh. lol

So true about them being insecure about it, it is almost like they know it is lousy but they have to defend it, kind of like being a Bears fan :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]The game is all about adjustments and the guy calling plays is the guy who needs to be able to see these things as he's calling the plays. The head coach makes the adjustments from series to series and at halftime, etc. Not establishing a run and feeding Brady two or three passing plays in a series over and over, hasn't worked against good Ds.  Period. It's about getting a feel. O'Brien has the best weaponry at his disposal in the AFC and this isn't debatable. Not debatable. Do you really expect BB to stand over O'Brien showing him up and micromanaging him constantly, dummy? We know BB and Brady gameplan together and it would be obtuse not to think O'Brien is ALSO in on the gameplanning, since you know, he's the guy calling the plays? You're troll work will not work here, Babe. You're exposed as a troll. Why do you think Dean Pees was canned, Einstein? I am sure BB is talking to Ernie Adams and O'Brien, talking through what he sees, what they may do on a play in an upcoming set of downs, etc. A bunch of things, but he's not telling O'Brien what to run, dummy. Get a clue.

Your spin is tiresome. The guys upstairs, BB and O'Brien are all in on the conversation about what they are doing. If BB or even the guys upstairs are thinking running more is advisable, we will run more.

Again, what do you think BB and the booth are doing when the O is on the field?

Your feeble and pathetic attempts at selling the preposterous are inept. BB doesn't agree with your blithering theory that we must run more; or we would be running more, dum bass.

And your dysfunctional attempts to label  everybody who points out your asinine delusions as being a troll is pitiful. Nobody with two brain cells is buying any of your BS lines.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl : Yeah, right. I am sure a lot of people here will side with you. lol Why do you think Jets fans are hammering Schottenheimer? Because he calls the plays, drippy. Take your poseur Babe Parilli handle and leave the board once and for all. No one wants you here.

Seems about 6% of the people here sided with you on your idiotic spin that the O was a bigger problem than the D.

You mean you and your handful of clueless cohorts would rather not enjoy my insights?

Tell you what I'll do. If a few of the posters I actually have respect for say I should depart, I will.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl : Seems about 6% of the people here sided with you on your idiotic spin that the O was a bigger problem than the D. You mean you and your handful of clueless cohorts would rather not enjoy my insights? Tell you what I'll do. If a few of the posters I actually have respect for say I should depart, I will.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

do you even watch the games? the offense has all of the weapons to move the ball on any defense but they chose to become one dimensional, making it easy for opponents. the interceptions will continue, probably even increase if they don't balance it out and run the ball more. a 7 minute drive with some running plays mixed in would make the passing game more effective and much fewer turnovers, also easier on the defense. 

the defense is improving and unless they start running more the offense will regress, even with all of their weapons. BB is involved in the game plan for sure but i doubt that he is calling in every play. after the bills debacle he probably wanted to make sure that they ran the ball more, which they did against the raiders and jets. last week they went pass happy and it almost cost them the game. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]ANY AFC playoff team with an offense ranked in teh top third of teh NFL needs to be a concern. MOST playoff games are won by defense. ANyone putting all their eggs in this year's Patriot Defense, as it is right now, is not going to keep their hard earned money long. Come back with this question, say, after week 16. I'm sure the responses will be different. Oh, and everyone HAS to be reminded that, no matter what, Brady does NOT play defense. Can't help on that side of the ball.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing about last year's defense. But so much has changed, and NE really overhauled the "D".

Giving up 28 to a terrible offense like the Jets ... add five or six new faces, take the dead weight out, they squelched the Cowpokes vaunted offense to the tune of 16. 

When was the last time this team held a top flight offense beneath 20? Heck, the examples of them holding bad offenses betneath 20 the last few seasons are few and far between. 

If these guys can play healthy and inspired the way they did against Dallas, then I think they certainly have the team to beat. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What AFC team is most likely to keep the Patriots from the super bowl : I thought the same thing about last year's defense. But so much has changed, and NE really overhauled the "D". Giving up 28 to a terrible offense like the Jets ... add five or six new faces, take the dead weight out, they squelched the Cowpokes vaunted offense to the tune of 16.  When was the last time this team held a top flight offense beneath 20? Heck, the examples of them holding bad offenses betneath 20 the last few seasons are few and far between.  If these guys can play healthy and inspired the way they did against Dallas, then I think they certainly have the team to beat. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

You really like to twist the facts.  New England held 7 teams below 20 points last year.  And of the "28" points scored by the Jets in January, 7 came off of great field position set up by a botched fake punt, and another 7 came off of great field position following a failed onside kick on a broken play where New England was just trying to stuff the run to keep the Jets from running out the clock.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I'm not agreeing with you either Russ.  You are arguing "This team is great, but O'Brien sucks."  Z is arguing, "This offense is great, but the defense sucks. or used to suck." 

I am saying the whole team is and has been great.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't know how a 2WR set is considered a spread offense. Even a 3 WR set is not considered spread.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Great! Funny how that 6% holds more weight 3 weeks later than it did prior to the Buffalo game, during the Oakland and Jets games, and after not running it against Dallas with the D bailing out the offense Sunday. Absolutely priceless. I'd rather be in the 6% minority and be right than be in the majority and be wrong. Which posters do you respect?  lol This should be good.  

More spin from wonderboy.

The poll was about the D at that time dum bass. It seems it might be getting better. That is far from chisled in stone at this point though.

Off the top of my head zbellino, MVPkilla and mthurl all seem reasonable persons from what I have seen, though we don't always agree.

If those 3 tell me leave, I will. Then you can have your sandbox to play in unfettered by the truth.

Frankly, the loss won't be that great. Slogging through your mindnumbingly stupid posts is a chore.

Sections
Shortcuts