WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE???

C'mon ppl im sure some of us wanna see or thought ocho was brought here to light up the field or replace moss, but the reality is he WASN"T. He's our number 4/5 rec, what kinda production were you guys expecting? Hell taylor price cant even get on the field before ocho and he's been in the system a year longer with a offseason and training camp, but you guys constantly bash chad? he isnt causing any friction in the locker room to our knowledge,is being a team player and is ok with his role to this point. i personally dont care if he doesnt get 100 yrds a game cuz the offense is clicking with him here and last season without him so obviously BB wants him here to contribute in some capacity,which he has been doin (9 cathes for 100+ yards and a couple key first downs). Give the guy a break we dont need him to be our number 1, 2, or even 3 for the offense too work, if he's still here after the bye, thats a great indication, that they want him here for there "future" plans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE???

It is called unrealized expectations.  Somehow they thought he would ADD more receptions and TDs to the ones already being accounted for by the group from last season, Gronk, Herny, Welker and Branch.  So, who do you take away from and give to Ocho?  That group is nothing to sniff at.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

In Response to WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE???:
    [QUOTE]C'mon ppl im sure some of us wanna see or thought ocho was brought here to light up the field or replace moss, but the reality is he WASN"T. He's our number 4/5 rec, what kinda production were you guys expecting? Hell taylor price cant even get on the field before ocho and he's been in the system a year longer with a offseason and training camp, but you guys constantly bash chad? he isnt causing any friction in the locker room to our knowledge,is being a team player and is ok with his role to this point. i personally dont care if he doesnt get 100 yrds a game cuz the offense is clicking with him here and last season without him so obviously BB wants him here to contribute in some capacity,which he has been doin (9 cathes for 100+ yards and a couple key first downs). Give the guy a break we dont need him to be our number 1, 2, or even 3 for the offense too work, if he's still here after the bye, thats a great indication, that they want him here for there "future" plans.
    Posted by 81patsfan[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I don't think anyone expected him to be the second coming of Moss.  But the expectations of someone that could be a solid playmaker was (and still is) there.  Let's be honest, do you think BB brought Ocho in to be the highest paid receiver on the team only so he could add depth and be a 4th or 5th option for Brady?  Of course not.  BB doesn't back the brinks truck up often and NEVER for someone who isn't expected to light the field on fire.  He hasn't gotten where the team, most of the fans, or even himself wants him to be. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

He is an awfully expensive insurance policy, BB has his reasons (friendship?). I like him but i also know that 2 catches a week avg. for 30 yards will be about it. He is not a big part of the offense. His end of the year numbers will be something like 25 catches for 350 yards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Maybe paying somebody $250,000 a catch is a big part of the "hate" he is generating.

If BB seriously was planning all along to pay that kind of money to a 4/5th receiver, he should be rendered a eunuch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

In Response to Re: WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE???:
    [QUOTE]It is called unrealized expectations.  Somehow they thought he would ADD more receptions and TDs to the ones already being accounted for  by the group from last season, Gronk, Herny, Welker and Branch.  So, who do you take away from and give to Ocho?  That group is nothing to sniff at.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Listen, it's ok to be an optimist -- and there's nothing wrong with the Patriots as a team. The offense is a "well-oiled" machine, and the defense keeps improving, but you can't be serious when you say he (Ochocinco) is contributing with 9 recepions and a couple key first-downs for the entire season, that's ridiculuos. Actually it's a decent game for Wes Welker -- 9 receptions and a couple key 1st-downs. 

The bottom line is that Chad Ochoinco has been a huge disappointment, and you know it. Furthermore, don't be surprised if he is cut during this "bye-period," --that's right "CUT," and maybe that will prove how happy Bellichick is with the "washed-up," Chad Ochocinco.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

They guy is useless and I am getting sick of hearing well his only the 4th or 5th option....He is only the 4th or 5th option because he is lost and confused. Brady throws to whoever is open and who he has confidence in.  If we had a good receiver out there, they would be getting the ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]It is called unrealized expectations.  Somehow they thought he would ADD more receptions and TDs to the ones already being accounted for by the group from last season, Gronk, Herny, Welker and Branch.  So, who do you take away from and give to Ocho?  That group is nothing to sniff at.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's definitely crazy to think that Ocho would be more than marginally better than Brandon Tate right now. I deemed that impossible. He's proving me wrong. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

8/4/2011: Signed a three-year, $11.5 million contract. The deal included a $4.75 million signing bonus. Annual $1.5 million "signing" bonuses are available in each season. 2011: $1 million, 2012-2013: $3 million (+ $100,000 workout bonuses)

So Chad already laced his bank account with $4.75 million from the Pats.  He adds to that another cool million to play out the 2011 season bringing this years salary to just under $6 million.  I like Chad, but do I think he's living up to the expecations of that contract?  Absolutely not.  That's a whole lot of money for very little productivity.

If the Pats scratch that kind of check for that kind of productivity, you can say goodbye to Welker right now.  Go buy a shirt now, it won't be available (in Pats colors) next year as he will be worth around $200 million. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Look...the guy was isolated on the left side ON PURPOSE on his one look yesterday...he was suppossed to run a sideline out ...the look from Brady, and from Ocho to Brady, after the incompletion told the whole story...Ocho once again didn't do what the play called for..he still doesn't get it...he probably won't get it...he still lines up wrong on a large portion of the plays according to Manzi-Young of the Globe...so, what's so hard to figure out about Ocho H8?..it makes perfect sense to me, especially on a team where "you are expected to do your job"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

This is a TEAM game. Pats are 5-1 and could be 6-0...why are you people always looking to get someone??? Chad blocks, he draws double teams nearly all the time....HENCE, Tom B looks where the defense is weakest...do you think our TEs would be this open without Chad??? I don't. Just the threat of him draws coverage as did Randy before him.Smile

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

One thing wrong with Ocho's impact on yesterday's game...he was only in on 7 plays...sorta croaks your theory!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE???:
    [QUOTE]C'mon ppl im sure some of us wanna see or thought ocho was brought here to light up the field or replace moss, but the reality is he WASN"T. He's our number 4/5 rec, what kinda production were you guys expecting? Hell taylor price cant even get on the field before ocho and he's been in the system a year longer with a offseason and training camp, but you guys constantly bash chad? he isnt causing any friction in the locker room to our knowledge,is being a team player and is ok with his role to this point. i personally dont care if he doesnt get 100 yrds a game cuz the offense is clicking with him here and last season without him so obviously BB wants him here to contribute in some capacity,which he has been doin (9 cathes for 100+ yards and a couple key first downs). Give the guy a break we dont need him to be our number 1, 2, or even 3 for the offense too work, if he's still here after the bye, thats a great indication, that they want him here for there "future" plans.
    Posted by 81patsfan[/QUOTE]

Uh, the Patriots' oponents have caught just about as many yards as Ochostinko, and even scored on INT's. The proverb says that you can't teach an old dog new ticks. Same goes for WR's in the NFL who can't seem to grasp the concepts of this Patriot offense. I can't see them EVER putting him on the field at a critical time whereby he runs a route wrong, doesn't cut it sharply (keeping teh DB BEHIND him), or forgets the play. Methinks he robbed the Pats to get a yearly salary he's NOT earning, let alone the roster spot he's taking up.
    Now, just what is your question again?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

Re: WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE??

[QUOTE]8/4/2011: Signed a three-year, $11.5 million contract. The deal included a $4.75 million signing bonus. Annual $1.5 million "signing" bonuses are available in each season. 2011: $1 million, 2012-2013: $3 million (+ $100,000 workout bonuses) So Chad already laced his bank account with $4.75 million from the Pats.  He adds to that another cool million to play out the 2011 season bringing this years salary to just under $6 million.  I like Chad, but do I think he's living up to the expecations of that contract?  Absolutely not.  That's a whole lot of money for very little productivity. If the Pats scratch that kind of check for that kind of productivity, you can say goodbye to Welker right now.  Go buy a shirt now, it won't be available (in Pats colors) next year as he will be worth around $200 million. 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Um, so is asking Ocho for a refund out of the question?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Chad was on the field for 6 snaps? last game.  He's not the key to other receivers getting open.  Also he has had a difficult time with mental laziness and not recognizing his downfield blocking responsibilities.  BB laid into him during the pre-season about not blocking down field.  Not a good sign for a 10 year veteran who tweated for prayers from his fans to help him make the opening day roster.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]This is a TEAM game. Pats are 5-1 and could be 6-0...why are you people always looking to get someone??? Chad blocks, he draws double teams nearly all the time....HENCE, Tom B looks where the defense is weakest...do you think our TEs would be this open without Chad??? I don't. Just the threat of him draws coverage as did Randy before him.
    Posted by rainbowroosie[/QUOTE]

Practice?eAre you talking practice? PRACTICE????

Let's see... for all his "contribution" to the overall success of teh Patriots, why isn't he on the fiedl at crunch time? Like late in teh 4th qtr yesterday? Vs the JESTS?

Nicetry, but do some research.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

Watch out for an Ocho breakout game vs the Steelers... Remember, he knows them all to well. He is a Steeler killer!!! Wishful thinking? Maybe, but dont get rid of him until he has his chance in two weeks. I could be wrong...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

This is nitpicking. Ochocinco is not hurting the team nor is he hurting the offense. He's working hard and his coaches and teammates have nothing but praise for him.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4706707/staff-sticks-behind-ochocinco

When the season is over and by the slim chance the Patriots fail to win the super bowl, feel free to jump all over him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Cut him

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE??? : Listen, it's ok to be an optimist -- and there's nothing wrong with the Patriots as a team. The offense is a "well-oiled" machine, and the defense keeps improving, but you can't be serious when you say he (Ochocinco) is contributing with 9 recepions and a couple key first-downs for the entire season, that's ridiculuos. Actually it's a decent game for Wes Welker -- 9 receptions and a couple key 1st-downs.  The bottom line is that Chad Ochoinco has been a huge disappointment, and you know it. Furthermore, don't be surprised if he is cut during this "bye-period," --that's right "CUT," and maybe that will prove how happy Bellichick is with the "washed-up," Chad Ochocinco.
    Posted by DaPrince77[/QUOTE]
    Ummm.. did I say that?  I was wondering HOW he could contribute to a group that is already a "well oiled machine".  As I mentioned, receptions and TDs would have to be taken away from some in the established group for Ocho to get.. he hasn't added anything much at all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I bet they could cut him  now, bring in randy moss during the bye, and Moss wouldn't miss a beat and be running to the posts for one handed TDs again...

right BMF

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

he's not producing period. how long did welker take to contribute? in the meantime, he took up a spot for someone who might have been the credible deep threat who could be opening up the field for welker and the TE.

Sections
Shortcuts