WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE???

In Response to Re: WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE???:
    [QUOTE]8/4/2011: Signed a three-year, $11.5 million contract. The deal included a $4.75 million signing bonus. Annual $1.5 million "signing" bonuses are available in each season. 2011: $1 million, 2012-2013: $3 million (+ $100,000 workout bonuses) So Chad already laced his bank account with $4.75 million from the Pats.  He adds to that another cool million to play out the 2011 season bringing this years salary to just under $6 million.  I like Chad, but do I think he's living up to the expecations of that contract?  Absolutely not.  That's a whole lot of money for very little productivity. If the Pats scratch that kind of check for that kind of productivity, you can say goodbye to Welker right now.  Go buy a shirt now, it won't be available (in Pats colors) next year as he will be worth around $200 million. 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]

I'm still holding out hope for Chad but this post is phenomenal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

As has been pointed out, some people are only happy when they are miserable, and many of those people live in Mass. Didn't Oprah once give her whole audience new cars once and a bunch of them went on the news complaining about having to pay the taxes?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

I was a hater since the season started. I expected more out of him.

That said, I read a decent article on his progress / production on ESPN this morning.

Bottom line, the offense is doing fine without him, so we (as fans) can give him a little more  time to see if he can pick up this complex offense.  Who knows, maybe he turns it on down the stretch in December and because a huge piece of this team for a playoff run?

I guess, I'm just not ready to see them cut him yet - him lack of progress has not hurt this team, so give him a few more weeks.

But yes, I agree with all that he has not lived up to his contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

People complain about him partly b/c he is Chad Ochocinco.  He's a high profile player.  The same is true about people anticipating that he starts bringing something to the team.  Players who get in the game as often as he does, and who do as well, come and go each week when roster moves are made.  I mean, I hold out hope that every player for the patriots' next game will be a big game.  But there is really no reason to single him out as on the verge of doing something big.  I'd say there is more of a chance that Vereen dominates against the Steelers than Ochocinco.  Why?  Because I haven't been watching him make mistakes and drop balls for the past six weeks.  Nor have I been watching his production drop for the last couple of years.  Still, I don't hate the guy.  If everyone on the team likes him, and they have the spot available (no one is imminently pushing him out at WR), then I don't really care if they keep him around just for fun.  Wasn't Patrick Pass considered for release at one point, but he stuck around b/c everyone on the team liked him so much?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

People complain about him partly b/c he is Chad Ochocinco.  He's a high profile player.  The same is true about people anticipating that he starts bringing something to the team.  Players who get in the game as often as he does, and who do as well, come and go each week when roster moves are made.  I mean, I hold out hope that every player for the patriots' next game will be a big game.  But there is really no reason to single him out as on the verge of doing something big.  I'd say there is more of a chance that Vereen dominates against the Steelers than Ochocinco.  Why?  Because I haven't been watching him make mistakes and drop balls for the past six weeks.  Nor have I been watching his production drop for the last couple of years.  Still, I don't hate the guy.  If everyone on the team likes him, and they have the spot available (no one is imminently pushing him out at WR), then I don't really care if they keep him around just for fun.  Wasn't Patrick Pass considered for release at one point, but he stuck around b/c everyone on the team liked him so much?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffory. Show jeffory's posts

When Branch or someone else goes down, we will be glad that we have him. Be positive as we are 5 & 1!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Most of the people that hate on him just hate on him for no rational reason. They've hated him since he got here or as someone else said they don't realize you don't mess with something that works. His time will come or he'll eventually be gone. Heck, for all we know, he's simulating opposing WR's during practice and doing a fantastic job of it.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

King, you are a regular blood hound when it comes to Phat Rex and his many names...bite his azz! (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)...lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

In Response to Re: WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE???:
    [QUOTE] his coaches and teammates have nothing but praise for him.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

I see to remember everybody talking about how great Randy was, and how much Tom loved having Randy on the team before they traded him.

Chad Johnson at this point is a bust signing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

And here I thought the NFL regular  football season was a sixteen game slate?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Monday:  Bash Ocho day
    Tuesday:  Bash Price day
    Wednesday:  Bash AH day
    Thursday:  Start Ridley over BJGE day
    Friday:  Bash the "D" day
    Saturday:  Bash the "O" day
    Sunday:  Bash the opponent day
    C'mon people, stick with the plan!  LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Personally I never disliked the guy or even had an opinion about him before he became a Pat so don't lump us all in as "haters."

There was one play last game where we sent 4 receivers wide right as soon as the huddle broke and left Chad alone on the wide left side to try and get him in single coverage, the ball is snapped and he runs the wrong route inside instead of the out route he was supposed to run.  

Really, by week 6 you still don't know plays that are designed to get YOU the ball? Did we learn nothing from the Joey Galloway experiment?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

It isn't hate. It is disappointment that after ten weeks the guy can't run a route like he is supposed to run. Even the fans know he isn't where he is supposed to be on the field. Its the Patriots way to know the playbook and your assignments. He doesn't seem capable of reading the defense and playing accordingly, like everyone else on the team. It is the reason Brady doesn't target him and the reason he isn't on the field very much. Ocho - Learn the damn playbook and play the position as designed....then maybe, just maybe the fans won't jump off your wagon.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

Such criticism isn't "scapegoat" hunting, it is player evaluation.
    You said it yourself, Burgerking...since the beginning of the season there isn't a lot of contribution coming from OchoCinco.
    There is nothing wrong stating the fact.
    It isn't crying, hate, or whatever else you want to call it.

Ocho was called out by ESPN Boston and he has yet to answer the call.
    He is now being called out by the fanbase and I hope he just doesn't let the phone ring. Learn the damn plays!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I don't have any hate for Ochocinco I think it's more apathy than anything. The guy is our 5th option at receiver right now and he gets all the attention that our 5th option should get. If Branch or Welker were to get hurt and he had to step it up a notch into the number 2 WR then I could make a reasonable evaluation of whether the guy was worth his money or not. Other than that I just hope that nobody else gets hurt but he is insurance. If he can't get it done under those circumstances then we still Have Pryce. It's pretty hard to evaluate somebody who is only involved in the play 5 times a game. Let's just be glad our 1st 4 options are of all star caliber.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE???:
    [QUOTE]C'mon ppl im sure some of us wanna see or thought ocho was brought here to light up the field or replace moss, but the reality is he WASN"T. He's our number 4/5 rec, what kinda production were you guys expecting?

RESPONSE: When Ocho was acquired, it wasn't envisioned that he'd be the Pats' 4th or 5th WR. He was expected to compliment Wes Welker...and was handsomely paid to do so...$6mil., guaranteed. Do you really believe BB would shell out that kind of money for a reserve? 

Hell taylor price cant even get on the field before ocho and he's been in the system a year longer with a offseason and training camp, but you guys constantly bash chad?

RESPONSE: What does Taylor Price being injury prone have to do with Ocho's gross lack of production?

he isnt causing any friction in the locker room to our knowledge,is being a team player and is ok with his role to this point. i personally dont care if he doesnt get 100 yrds a game cuz the offense is clicking with him here and last season without him so obviously BB wants him here to contribute in some capacity,which he has been doin (9 cathes for 100+ yards and a couple key first downs).

RESPONSE: So, because he's a nice guy, we're expected to overlook his poor play?? Nine catches for 136 yards, no TDs, but a couple of "key" first downs after 6 games is okay by you? Is such "production" worthy of a guy getting paid $6mil. this season?

Give the guy a break we dont need him to be our number 1, 2, or even 3 for the offense too work, if he's still here after the bye, thats a great indication, that they want him here for there "future" plans.

RESPONSE: What do we need Chad to do? Help clean the locker room, or maybe be a short-order cook for the team? 
    Posted by 81patsfan[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

This thread isn't discussing Haynesworth. It is discussing OchoCinco. I am on topic Why would I discuss my opinion posted in the Boston Globe about OchoCinco with Wilfork? What does he have to do with it?
    Facts are:
    To date, OchoCinco is not an important part of the Patriots offense.
    He may practice well but he is playing very little on the field.
    He is eating up a lot of money on the salary cap.
    Patriots attempted to obtain another wide receiver before the trade deadlline. What does that say about honest evaluation by the Patriots organization...like there is a vacant spot on the roster for another receiver.
    When he is on the field his teammates constantly have to tell OchoCinco where to line up. Perhaps this is the reason he is seeing very limited action, he isn't injured.  He does not know the plays.
    I didn't mention penalties (false starts, lining up off sides, etc.), as those are mental mistakes all playersmake from time to time.
    Nor did I mention the dropped touchdown pass that might have prevented the team's only loss, as receivers do drop balls.
    But I do cite running incorrect routes, inability to read defenses and make adjustments, not knowing where to line up because it indicates this player does not know the plays.
    Its been almost three months. If he learned the plays he just might be on the field more and he might contribute (earn the money). Maybe, just maybe, he would also be a part of the hurry-up offense if he knew the plays.
    I like OchoCinco and I thought he would be a good addition to this team...a contributor right away, given his talent and experience. I want him to be  a success but so far, I think every fan knows it, he is a near bust (not a total bust as he does have 9 receptions and a few that kept drives going - albeit very expensive receptions if one calculates dollars per catch).
    I'll say it again....
    OchoCinco - learn the damn playbook!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Lots of excuses for Ocho. Anyone who can say with a straight face that he is playing like they thought he would up to this point is a flat out liar and you know it. It is what it is. Hopefully he plays well when it counts the most because he's not going anywere.