WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE???

Ocho = no football IQ. No hate, just the truth. We don't need him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE???:
    [QUOTE]It is called unrealized expectations.  Somehow they thought he would ADD more receptions and TDs to the ones already being accounted for by the group from last season, Gronk, Herny, Welker and Branch.  So, who do you take away from and give to Ocho?  That group is nothing to sniff at.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I think that's a great point. However, that being said, the question remains as to how he is contributing to the team. His performance thus far has been underwhelming.

I had only heard that he was a very good route runner.  I can't really say that I've seen that from him yet.  It's been 6 games - maybe it's still to early to make a decision on him - but I'm thinking that time is going to run out by game 8 or so. He's going to have to do something to show he's worth keeping. Even if it's stellar blocking for his fellow WRs....something, anything....lol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]This is nitpicking. Ochocinco is not hurting the team nor is he hurting the offense. He's working hard and his coaches and teammates have nothing but praise for him. http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4706707/staff-sticks-behind-ochocinco When the season is over and by the slim chance the Patriots fail to win the super bowl, feel free to jump all over him.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's nitpicking. I think it could be argued that if he isn't creating separation by running good routes as a result of not knowing the system or because he can't physically get open anymore - then he'd better help block for his fellow WRs. If he's not doing all the other little things - then he's just a warm body on the field - and IS hurting the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Monday:  Bash Ocho day Tuesday:  Bash Price day Wednesday:  Bash AH day Thursday:  Start Ridley over BJGE day Friday:  Bash the "D" day Saturday:  Bash the "O" day Sunday:  Bash the opponent day C'mon people, stick with the plan!  LOL
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Niiiiice Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]Monday:  Bash Ocho day Tuesday:  Bash Price day Wednesday:  Bash AH day Thursday:  Start Ridley over BJGE day Friday:  Bash the "D" day Saturday:  Bash the "O" day Sunday:  Bash the opponent day C'mon people, stick with the plan!  LOL
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE

excellent !!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

I was listening to NFL radio toay when I heard that Palmer went to the Raiders. I ws hoping that prior to 4:00 i would hear that Chad ( history with Palmer )was traded for Donnarius Moore

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

give him more time, we are winning and he's had to make drastic changes in his game and quiet his personality.  we know what he can do when he's right, if he doesn't get it or show improvement within a few weeks then its time to look elsewhere. imo he will have a breakout game soon and that will build back his confidence, leading to more production. 

the offensive gameplanning is a concern, if it doesn't get fixed soon the playoffs will be a repeat of last season. the defense is improving, and will continue to as the season wears on. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

it's not like he's learning rocket science in mandarin.  It's 11 on 11.  maybe 200 plays, each with one likely scenario if things go perfect, and one or two more if things are affected differently.  He's got one role on each play.  With nothing but practice time, class time, council from others in the system to fill his days, he could easily learn 20 plays a week that he could run in his sleep.  Five on monday, add 5 more the next day and you have ten.  Friday you reiterate all 20.  

Let's say he can only learn 8 plays a week solid.  That's 60-70 plays by now that should get him more participation in the games.  He is probably working really hard, but they don't trust him yet.  Maybe he'll get it but it has to be dissapointing that he's hasn't clicked in yet.  Maybe it will and he'll be fresh for the last two months of the season, but clutch on a championship driven team is at a much higher level and I'm worried that we're all going to thing we have gold after one or two "breakout games" when it will turn out to be fools gold when his inability to catch up to the spead of the Pats offense costs us in a more important game.

I can't help it, I want Moss.  Best hands in the game.  I can't beleive they've payed 6 million for Chad when they could have had Moss for less.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Let's try this:

To this point, what is there to like about Chad Ochocinco in a Pats Uni ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]It isn't hate. It is disappointment that after ten weeks the guy can't run a route like he is supposed to run. Even the fans know he isn't where he is supposed to be on the field. Its the Patriots way to know the playbook and your assignments. He doesn't seem capable of reading the defense and playing accordingly, like everyone else on the team. It is the reason Brady doesn't target him and the reason he isn't on the field very much. Ocho - Learn the damn playbook and play the position as designed....then maybe, just maybe the fans won't jump off your wagon.
    Posted by OlderbutWiser[/QUOTE]

Ok, so this is the ten week mark. In a normal season this would be June for for Ocho. On top of that the coaches wouldn't be game planning and practicing for the upcoming opponent instead of being able to give him some one on one instruction to get up to speed. Yup, he stinks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE??? : Ok, so this is the ten week mark. In a normal season this would be June for for Ocho. On top of that the coaches wouldn't be game planning and practicing for the upcoming opponent instead of being able to give him some one on one instruction to get up to speed. Yup, he stinks.
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, we live in a world of instant gratification where patience and waiting for things to develop, don't make sense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]  it's not like he's learning rocket science in mandarin.  It's 11 on 11.  maybe 200 plays, each with one likely scenario if things go perfect, and one or two more if things are affected differently.  He's got one role on each play.  With nothing but practice time, class time, council from others in the system to fill his days, he could easily learn 20 plays a week that he could run in his sleep.  Five on monday, add 5 more the next day and you have ten.  Friday you reiterate all 20.    Let's say he can only learn 8 plays a week solid.  That's 60-70 plays by now that should get him more participation in the games.  He is probably working really hard, but they don't trust him yet.  Maybe he'll get it but it has to be dissapointing that he's hasn't clicked in yet.  Maybe it will and he'll be fresh for the last two months of the season, but clutch on a championship driven team is at a much higher level and I'm worried that we're all going to thing we have gold after one or two "breakout games" when it will turn out to be fools gold when his inability to catch up to the spead of the Pats offense costs us in a more important game.  I can't help it, I want Moss.  Best hands in the game.  I can't beleive they've payed 6 million for Chad when they could have had Moss for less.  
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

Moss didn't have the best hands in the league last year, that's why he is gone. Couldn't get open. Wouldn't go over the middle. Couldn't catch if a DB was running with him. Couldn't elevate like he used to. Chad's already caught more first downs to keep drives alive than Moss did last year. Oh, the Pats passing game may not be rocket science but I have heard it compared to brain surgery. I remember Brady did an interview and stated each route can turn into any one of ten routes, depending on what the D does. And pretty much the only way to learn it is with reps., One thing Chad hasn't had the luxury of in part due to the CBA limiting practices.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE??? : Unfortunately, we live in a world of instant gratification where patience and waiting for things to develop, don't make sense.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

You got that right pezz!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHAT"S WITH ALL THE OCHOCINCO HATE??? : Moss didn't have the best hands in the league last year, that's why he is gone. Couldn't get open. Wouldn't go over the middle. Couldn't catch if a DB was running with him. Couldn't elevate like he used to. Chad's already caught more first downs to keep drives alive than Moss did last year. Oh, the Pats passing game may not be rocket science but I have heard it compared to brain surgery. I remember Brady did an interview and stated each route can turn into any one of ten routes, depending on what the D does. And pretty much the only way to learn it is with reps., One thing Chad hasn't had the luxury of in part due to the CBA limiting practices.
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

Moss had attitude issues last year that caused dysfunction between him and the coach.  It had nothing to do with his ability.  I remember Vince Wilfork was pretty pissed that he was gone.  Pissed that he was losing a good teammate.  And great hands plus height makes him a better sideline threat than Chad at the least.  Make no mistake, Randy Moss is a better receiver than Chad Johnson right now.

Also, maybe from brady's perspective, when he's looking at 3 or 4 receivers there are 10-12 possibilities.  And even if there were ten possibilities for a receiver to take from what's given, it's not going to be ten drastically different possibilities.  Maybe, stop and turn at 12 instead of fifteen because the db is giving it., or the quick throw along the line of scrimmage to the receiver at the sideline if the corner isn't lined up in his face after a wink from Brady.

I welcome an explanation on the 40 different route possibilities Brady is looking at with four receiver sets.