What are NE's chances vs. Indy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightOne. Show rightOne's posts

Re: What are NE's chances vs. Indy?

In Response to What are NE's chances vs. Indy?:I've read your outline and find it well thought, well articulated and totally irrelevant. The Colts are going to shock Patsy Nation. After that the Jets will have them on the ropes and finally, the Saints will run amuck over the Patsy D and Drew Brees will show he is a much better QB Giesle...whoops Tom Brady!!
    It's not too early to start talking about the headline game of the season: New England vs Indy. What chance do you give the Patriots in this one? Reasons for Optimism: 1) By this time in most seasons, we are completely ravaged by injuries at this time of the year, especially in the secondary. This year? Not so much. In fact, Indy has a lot worse injuries than we do. 2) Bob Sanders is OUT FOR THE YEAR. He misses tons of games, but always is somehow healthy enough to play against the Patriots....well, not this year. 3) Brady is in a groove right now, and is not missing the open players so often like he was early in the year. 4) We have a really solid run defense (only 2 rush TD allowed all year) 5) We're one of the few teams that can match Indy score for score 6) Our running game is pretty decent - Maroney has done very well since the Tenn. game 7) Welker & Moss have dominated all year, and the Indy secondary is missing Sanders and Marlin Jackson 8) Our offensive line has blocked well all year for Brady - he's only been sacked 10 times in 8 games Stuff to worry about: 1) We gotta stop Peyton. Easier said than done, but he's only thrown 4 td passes in the past 3 gms, so it's possible. 2) Reggie Wayne is one of the best deep threats in the league today. Our safeties need to be on their game to protect against the deep pass 3) Dallas Clark seems to always kill us - focus on him all night 4) Dwight Freeney is a great pass rusher. It might be a good idea to double-team him....as if that would stop him... 5) We've only won one road game this season, and that was in London. If we lose this game, it likely takes away any hope of home-field advantage, and would probably mean the road to the Super Bowl in the AFC would be through Indy. 5) We don't generate much of a pass rush - we'll need to do that next Sunday. If Peyton's comfortable, he'll light up the scoreboard. Interesting nuggets about the Patriots: * Since 2001, they're 107-4 when scoring 21 or more points * Since 2001, they've only lost once when we had more rush attempts than pass attempts * Since 2001, they've only lost one time when we won the turnover battle Prediction: Patriots 28, Colts 21  
    Posted by PatsFan1979

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

If I were a betting man(I am), I'd make the Colts a slight favorite.  I'd put the Pats at something like 6-5 underdogs, given their struggles on the road.  They might be without Koppen too, which would definetely play a factor in a noisy stadium. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

In Response to Re: What are NE's chances vs. Indy?:
    I HOPE they beat Indy, because if the Pats don't then Indy will run the table (without the resounding hatred of the National media like the 2007 Pats).  Most of their remaining games are no-contests for Manning and Co.
    Posted by fuzzy1

Not so sure about that bro...  after the Pats they go to Baltimore and then Houston.  Then a few weeks later they host Denver.  I wouldn't call those games "no-contests".  Not saying those teams are stellar or anything - but far from no-contests IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightOne. Show rightOne's posts

In Response to What are NE's chances vs. Indy?:I've read your outline and find it well thought, well articulated and totally irrelevant. The Colts are going to shock Patsy Nation. After that the Jets will have them on the ropes and finally, the Saints will run amuck over the Patsy D and Drew Brees will show he is a much better QB Giesle...whoops Tom Brady!!
    It's not too early to start talking about the headline game of the season: New England vs Indy. What chance do you give the Patriots in this one? Reasons for Optimism: 1) By this time in most seasons, we are completely ravaged by injuries at this time of the year, especially in the secondary. This year? Not so much. In fact, Indy has a lot worse injuries than we do. 2) Bob Sanders is OUT FOR THE YEAR. He misses tons of games, but always is somehow healthy enough to play against the Patriots....well, not this year. 3) Brady is in a groove right now, and is not missing the open players so often like he was early in the year. 4) We have a really solid run defense (only 2 rush TD allowed all year) 5) We're one of the few teams that can match Indy score for score 6) Our running game is pretty decent - Maroney has done very well since the Tenn. game 7) Welker & Moss have dominated all year, and the Indy secondary is missing Sanders and Marlin Jackson 8) Our offensive line has blocked well all year for Brady - he's only been sacked 10 times in 8 games Stuff to worry about: 1) We gotta stop Peyton. Easier said than done, but he's only thrown 4 td passes in the past 3 gms, so it's possible. 2) Reggie Wayne is one of the best deep threats in the league today. Our safeties need to be on their game to protect against the deep pass 3) Dallas Clark seems to always kill us - focus on him all night 4) Dwight Freeney is a great pass rusher. It might be a good idea to double-team him....as if that would stop him... 5) We've only won one road game this season, and that was in London. If we lose this game, it likely takes away any hope of home-field advantage, and would probably mean the road to the Super Bowl in the AFC would be through Indy. 5) We don't generate much of a pass rush - we'll need to do that next Sunday. If Peyton's comfortable, he'll light up the scoreboard. Interesting nuggets about the Patriots: * Since 2001, they're 107-4 when scoring 21 or more points * Since 2001, they've only lost once when we had more rush attempts than pass attempts * Since 2001, they've only lost one time when we won the turnover battle Prediction: Patriots 28, Colts 21  
    Posted by PatsFan1979

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

LOL... nice post man....

Jets have the Pats on the ropes? 

Brees a better QB?  That must be why he has more rings than Brady!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My spreadsheet has New England as a 2.8 point favorite.  Indy's slide down my power rankings continues with a close struggle against Houston on Sunday. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

My spreadsheet has New England as a 2.8 point favorite.  Indy's slide down my power rankings continues with a close struggle against Houston on Sunday. 
    Posted by Paul_K

Your Power Rankings???  Which website or tv channel pays you for your insight??  How can you drop a team when it wins??  The Colts are undefeated.... as in they haven't lost a game!!!  I don't care who you play, it's the NF-freakin'-L!!!  They won the games they were supposed to win and they did it by large margins.  San Fran?  Unfamiliar opponent that is much better than most will give them credit for.  Houston??  There are profesional prognosticators that picked them to win the AFC South before the season.  I don't care what you Patsy guys say.  8 and 0 is 8 and 0.  They are sliding down your rankings..... I think you can wipe your a** with those rankings because they are crap.  And BTW, you have a spreadsheet?  Who are you, Bill Gates? Steve Jobs?  The nerd down the street? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from all-u-do-is-point-the-finger. Show all-u-do-is-point-the-finger's posts

My spreadsheet tells me that DFree93HOF is an JAKAS.   Go chug another 12 Mickeys in your wifebeater and step away from your $99 Walmart laptop and dial up connection from your single wide.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In all honesty I think our low "Points Against" and decent looking "D" is a result of our weak competition. I think our corners play way too soft / far off the receivers. They can't just let the guys catch every ball and then tackle them. They need to play more agressively. Yes that can lead to getting beat on a big play once in a while, but it also leads to PICKS, something we don't get nearly enough of. I think if our corners play soft on Indy, Manning will destroy them. I've seen too many plays where the ONLY reason they weren't big for the other team was because their receiver simply didn't catch the ball, or, less likely, the ball was poorly thrown, but NOT usually because of any great coverage. I am not sold on the secondary at all. Bodden seems the best of the bunch. Meriweather looks great at everything except tackling. He dives at legs and people hop over him for big gains. It's his glaring weakness. McGowan is much better at tackling and is looking REAL good, big hitter, right places/right times. Manning will NOT be throwing bad passes. He hits guys that are covered tight or double covered completely. You have to be right on those guys so you can actually knock the ball out of their hands before they get a good hold of it. This is a huge test. If our D-line can pressure Manning it would be a huge help, but how often does Manning get sacked? He just gets rid of the ball faster. He's the real deal. If not for the Pats, he'd probably have 4 or 5 SB rings. It was just his bad luck to be in the league at the same time the Brady led Pats are, but our good fortune. I actually enjoyed the beatings we put on them in the AFC Championship Games better than the actual SB themselves, but a youngTy Law isn't back there to pick him off 4 times a game OR to smash their receivers at the line HARD and disrupt Peytons precious timng routes. Our new "D" MAY be up to the challenge. Hopefully BB will have them cover tight, not play 10 yards away, and keep the safety's back in case the corners get burned occasionally. That's what I'd like to see I think we can win this game. I think we can win them all actually. The Pats are DEFINITELY capable of beating ANY team in the NFL on any given Sunday Pats 27 Colts 24
    Posted by hang3xc

Please don't think.....It makes you look like you know nothing about the Pats D.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

If we can prevent Dallas Clark from running wild, we'll win.
    Posted by Yapple

I'd rather see them take away Reggie Wayne if I had to pick one.  I think they can take away both, but at a price (one-on-one with Wilhite/Wheatley/Arrington matched up against Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon in the slots with little help).

I think this is the week where we're happy that the Patriots now have three safeties who have some playing time under their belts.  McGowan, Chung, and Merriweather figure to factor in big because they can cover and come up to support against the run.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

In Response to Re: What are NE's chances vs. Indy? :

I am not going to show a lot of bravado here this week, because the colts have really not played well the last couple of weeks and were fortunate to win against Houston. 

BUT the reasoning above ( IN RED ) is asinine.  I have read this week after week after week and am still stunned by it.  Regardless of whether or not its true (its not really)  What difference does it make? 

Lets see -

Miami - both played, both won.  Pats at home/Indy on the road
    Tennessee - both played, both won.  Pats at home/Indy on the road
    Atlanta - are they better than Arizona - Not in my book.  
    NYJ - better than Jacksonville - Not in my book.
    Tampa - better than St. Louis - Not in my book.
    Baltimore - better than San Fran - maybe, but if so, not by much. 
    Buffalo - better than Seattle - they both stink in my book. 
    Denver - better than Houston - probably. 

So,  if you've played better talent, its marginally better, AND the pats have lost 2 games to the colts 0.  If you want to find reasons why the pats will beat the colts, so be it.  But comparing schedules to date is not one of them.
    Posted by underdogg

That is one of the dumbest, one-sided comparisons i've ever seen.

How on earth can you seriously say Jacksonville is better than NYJ? I hate the Jets, but they are a better team than the crappy Jags. Jags are -41 in Points Scored and Points allowed, while the Jests are +43.  Jests have allowed 64 fewer points over the same 8-game span as the Jags and have scored 20 more points as well.

The Miami game - Colts defense was getting run all over all night long!  Patriots bottled up the Wildcat quite well compared to most teams this year, when the 'Fins even deployed their new wrinkle this weekend.  We still have to play them in Miami, so we'll se how we do down there.

Tennessee game - Colts put up 31 in basically ideal conditions, Pats put up 59 in a snowstorm.

Atlanta and Arizona are basically equivalents, neither has an edge on the other.

Tampa is better than St. Louis; St. Louis is absolutely dreadful and Tampa just beat Green Bay.  Tampa has played better in losing efforts than St. Louis has.  Tampa is -97 in Points Scored and Points allowed, while StL. is -144.   StL has 8 total TD's, Tampa has 18. 

Baltimore is better than San Fran - Look at the QB play for one, Flacco is much better than Hill or Smith.  The defense in Baltimore is better, so is the running game. 

Buffalo and Seattle are equally as bad as each other; they're both pathetic and dreadful.

Denver "probably" better than Houston? As bad as I hate to say it, Denver is a much better team overall than Houston.  Houston is better than they have been, but I still think Denver is better overall (offense, defense, special teams).  Indy has to play them later I do believe, so they'll find out for themselves how well-prepared McDaniels gets that team.

Does any of it matter for the Pats-Colts game sunday? No.  But for the sake of argument, yes N.E. has played a tougher slate of opponents.

I do believe New England has a good chance in the game Sunday due to how the team has seemed to improve each week.  Both teams are going to bring their A-game to this one and will be as prepared as possible as well.  I think it will be a 1-possession game when it's over.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

My spreadsheet tells me that DFree93HOF is an JAKAS.   Go chug another 12 Mickeys in your wifebeater and step away from your $99 Walmart laptop and dial up connection from your single wide.
    Posted by all-u-do-is-point-the-finger

Now why would you apply a southie stereotype to and Indiana boy?  Surely you can come up with a more appropriate characterization, or maybe you only know what you know.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I think the Pats will beat Indy. I am not going to sit here and say "we have a shot" or "maybe we will win" I am going to just say what i feel which is I think the Pats will beat the Colts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

Did I just see a Colts fan mention whining to influence games? Didn't Polian whine to the league year after year until they changed the rules for the Colts? Of all Qb's you see Manning pleading his case to the refs the most but the sad part is that they actually listen to him as we saw from that 2006 AFC Championship game in which the refs started inventing pass interference calls only to aplogize for it afterwards. Colts just like their good ol boy fans are going down. This isn't the Texans and 49ers you're playing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

Did I just see a Jets fan? I thought they were on the endangered species list these days.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Did I just see a Colts fan mention whining to influence games? Didn't Polian whine to the league year after year until they changed the rules for the Colts? Of all Qb's you see Manning pleading his case to the refs the most but the sad part is that they actually listen to him as we saw from that 2006 AFC Championship game in which the refs started inventing pass interference calls only to aplogize for it afterwards. Colts just like their good ol boy fans are going down. This isn't the Texans and 49ers you're playing.
    Posted by Diesel12

Seems to me that this whining things goes both ways.  If everyone is willing to let bygones be bygones, each team has benefitted from something the other has whined about, right?  So lets call it even and try not to bring it up again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

Posted by all-u-do-is-point-the-finger

Come on now. You don't know your Indiana sterotypes.  It's a double wide, only poor white trash from Kentucky live in single wides.  Also it's not a wife beater, we wear bib-overalls with dip spit stains on the front.  Go back to your hole in the wall Baaah (bar) in Southie, drink too many Sam Adams' and drive your caaaah (car) in to the Atlantic.  Then your family can pray to Gawd (GOD aka Tom Brady) for your poor ignorant soul.  I was talkin' to Mr. Spreadsheet not a jackace who wishes he was from New York.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

In Response to Re: What are NE's chances vs. Indy? : Seems to me that this whining things goes both ways.  If everyone is willing to let bygones be bygones, each team has benefitted from something the other has whined about, right?  So lets call it even and try not to bring it up again.
    Posted by underdogg

Name me one game in which the Colts had a bogus call against them costing them not only the game but a Super Bowl as well only to have the league acknowledge and formally apologize for the call afterwards? It never happened to the Colts but it happened to the Patriots. Manning got Brady's 4th ring on donation from the NFL. I have never viewed the NFL the same way since.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeke10101. Show zeke10101's posts

REMEMBER I SAID THIS, whenever Indy is backed up in a corner, Peyton Manning, being the FRAUD that he is, will send one of his receivers run deep into the endzone to NOWHERE, have them get tangled up with their defenders and then the Bill Pollian 'handpicked refs for the Pats vs Colts game' will throw a "PASS INTEFERENCE FLAG". Mark My words, this could be the game breaker that gives the advantage to, either tie the game or open up a lead whereas the Pats where closing in. It always happens whenever the Pats play these Frauds at their Cornfield Canola Oil Stadium and I don't expect it to change. Remember that game in 07 when the flags were flying like crazy you were wondering what the hell was that yellow thing that kept flying in front of the tv screen during the game. At first you thought it was just Indy Colts fans, being themselves, throwing corn on the field but it was Bill Pollian's good ol' boys just following the Grand masters orders, 'do as i say or else your contract won't get renewed for next year or for good'. Jokes aside and being serious at the same time, I never like it when the Pats play these Frauds, they always get tons of stupid calls in their favor. I hate undiscipline teams like San Fran and Houston who couldn't get the dam job done and give us a dam rest with their undefeated nonsense. I can't understand why They're not broadcasting any Indy games nationally, after all this IS a team making an historic run ain't it, they've broadcast 2 Saints games and with 1 more vs the Pats, for all to see.  When the Pats were on their historic run, the network couldn't get enough of them so why aren't we seeing Indy Games, its not like they've been really blowing teams out like that.  Practically 3 or 4 of their last games have been tight and they've had to squeeze out a win. I freakin seriously wonder if any funny calls were called during these games because it clearly looked to me san fran and houston had those Frauds beat but somehow Indy pulls out. Well, we'll see next week my friends, just watch.
    Posted by Swifttight

Ahhhhhhhh - got your ready made excuses ready for when the Colts completely kick your arsssssssssss. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

But, in all seriousness, I think this game has to be won on the ground.   Keeping Manning off the field is the best way.   But, we are stuck with "1 YD A Carry Moron-ey."  Oh, how I miss clock killing Corey Dillon.  Or Fred Taylor. Or even Sammy Morris. Indy's secondary is ravaged with injuries, too.
    Posted by ipot

I agree with the running but Maroney ran hard yesterday and averaged 5 yards a carry. I think the question should be how are the Colts chances against the Pats!!!

Go Pats!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[We're going to send you back to Boston with a I just poked the neighbor's dog look on your faces. See you punks in Indy.
    Posted by ColtsMan73[/QUOTE]

You farm boys are into this kind of stuff aren't you.

Instead we will leave your girlfriends with the "I just been lit up by a real man look", while you go and bed down your dogs. How many time have you seen and had that dog look thing? Man, you guys are scary.

Back to football, we will leave the play on the field to the play on the field. I for one anticipate (means look forward to) a great game with a win for the Pats.

Talk to you Monday, that is off course if you and your dog are done.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: What are NE's chances vs. Indy? : That is one of the dumbest, one-sided comparisons i've ever seen. Posted by jasonh86

Jason, is this your first time with under puppy? He is alwasy one sided and always ends with his undying love for Manning...... don't waste the time

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: What are NE's chances vs. Indy? : Now why would you apply a southie stereotype to and Indiana boy?  Surely you can come up with a more appropriate characterization, or maybe you only know what you know.
    Posted by underdogg

you are a richard. No stereotype needed. Now get manning's richard out of your mouth and go home.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

In Response to Re: What are NE's chances vs. Indy? : Jason, is this your first time with under puppy? He is alwasy one sided and always ends with his undying love for Manning...... don't waste the time
    Posted by gmbill

I usually just ignore his posts since they do seem to be one-sided so often, but lately i've been getting irritated enough to actually reply with stats/facts to back up the argument instead of just saying "oh yeah, well they're good bc they're my team and i love peyton"... not that he's said that, but you guys know how it is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Our chances are great !!!~ The Patriots offense can march down the field on anybody on a consistant basis...Where they falter is in the red zone  !! We haveto come away from each drive consistantly with a touchdown rather than a field goal !! Other lesser teams we  may be able to get away with it and it won't hurt our chances of a victory.....You can't do it with the Colts or the Saints.....
    Because of their ability to score with their high powered offenses it is paramount that we come away from the red zone with 7 points rather than 3 on a more consistant basis........If we can improve on that part of our game we can beat anybody in front of us regardless of their record  !! The key to winning this game and the next will be how much we improve our red zone efficiancy !!!!

Sections
Shortcuts