What are the Chances no team signs Vick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

What are the Chances no team signs Vick?

With the economy in shambles and corporate sponsors possibly not backing any team that signs Vick, The possibility does exist that no team may sign Vick. How many teams would seriously consider signing a player to be used situationally?   Vick isn't going to be a starting QB and he wasn't that great when he was.  With all the negative publicity involved in signing Vick, maybe he doesn't play in the NFL again.  The only team I can see taking Vick would be the Raiders, since their owner is senile.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Re: What are the Chances no team signs Vick?

I think after things quiet down about Vick a bit someone will step up and sign him. I agree about Oakland being a possible landing spot. Davis just isn't right in the head and he never has cared what people think anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

I'll wait until the end of training camp to see how desperate some teams (i.e. Raiders) will get and sign almost anybody that looks good to them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to What are the Chances no team signs Vick?:
    [QUOTE]With the economy in shambles and corporate sponsors possibly not backing any team that signs Vick, The possibility does exist that no team may sign Vick. How many teams would seriously consider signing a player to be used situationally?   Vick isn't going to be a starting QB and he wasn't that great when he was.  With all the negative publicity involved in signing Vick, maybe he doesn't play in the NFL again.  The only team I can see taking Vick would be the Raiders, since their owner is senile. Thoughts?
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

Chances of no team signing Vick? Zero

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]With the economy in shambles and corporate sponsors possibly not backing any team that signs Vick, The possibility does exist that no team may sign Vick. How many teams would seriously consider signing a player to be used situationally?   Vick isn't going to be a starting QB and he wasn't that great when he was.  With all the negative publicity involved in signing Vick, maybe he doesn't play in the NFL again.  The only team I can see taking Vick would be the Raiders, since their owner is senile. Thoughts?
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE] here is the anti list so far from teams that have come forward and said thet are not intreasted.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/28/the-anti-vick-list/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

I was thinking about this the other day.

I was under the impression that Tony Dungy was involved with Vick in some capacity (e.g., mentor) and this was part of the reason why he was being reinstated... I would wonder about whether or not a team could use that to their advantage to get a guy like Dungy into their organization. That is, take on Vick, but do so in order to try to get (and only if a guy like) Dungy 'heavily involved' in his actions, and therefore, the team's actions. That is, you can say what you want about Vick, but Dungy is almost a 180 from Vick in terms of reputation and a lot of teams probably could use a guy like Dungy. I think having Dungy basically be the point man on Vick might help matters... perhaps get Dungy to come to a few of the preseason games and make sure he is shown prominantly on TV cameras in the press box next to an owner, etc... e.g., see if Dungy and Vick would be willing to go talk to local area schools, groups, etc., during those 6 weeks off the playing field... I think in that sense, a team really could add Vick and not face the sort of backlash people are expecting... I could easily see that shot of Dungy and an owner in a box during TV coverage, etc...

Also, Dungy is only 53 I believe.. I'm never sure anyone that age is completely 'done' with coaching. He also has former guys as coaches now like Smith, Tomlin, and now Caldwell who probably trust him quite a bit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TWisch. Show TWisch's posts

Hands down 0% he doesn't get signed!  When he does get signed, it will most likely be a vetren minimum deal, with incentives...

If not as a QB, then as someone to run the wildcat offense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from techierick. Show techierick's posts

The idea of signing him just to run a wildcat seems farfetched. Right now you've got probably 3 teams that would legitimately consider signing him.

Raiders: Al Davis is just arrogant enough to do it
    Skins: Ditto Dan Snyder.

Neither of these two really care what their fans think, and probably their sponsors either.

last: The Vikes. After the Favre fiasco, they need a lift, and as much as Tavares Jackson looked like the real deal at first, he's fallen off considerably. I don't know aobut Brad Childress though, he strikes me as a hardass and I don't know how he'd feel about brining in Vick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NationalFelonLeague. Show NationalFelonLeague's posts

In Response to Re: What are the Chances no team signs Vick?:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking about this the other day. I was under the impression that Tony Dungy was involved with Vick in some capacity (e.g., mentor) and this was part of the reason why he was being reinstated... I would wonder about whether or not a team could use that to their advantage to get a guy like Dungy into their organization. That is, take on Vick, but do so in order to try to get (and only if a guy like) Dungy 'heavily involved' in his actions, and therefore, the team's actions. That is, you can say what you want about Vick, but Dungy is almost a 180 from Vick in terms of reputation and a lot of teams probably could use a guy like Dungy. I think having Dungy basically be the point man on Vick might help matters... perhaps get Dungy to come to a few of the preseason games and make sure he is shown prominantly on TV cameras in the press box next to an owner, etc... e.g., see if Dungy and Vick would be willing to go talk to local area schools, groups, etc., during those 6 weeks off the playing field... I think in that sense, a team really could add Vick and not face the sort of backlash people are expecting... I could easily see that shot of Dungy and an owner in a box during TV coverage, etc... Also, Dungy is only 53 I believe.. I'm never sure anyone that age is completely 'done' with coaching. He also has former guys as coaches now like Smith, Tomlin, and now Caldwell who probably trust him quite a bit.
    Posted by Physics[/QUOTE]

Pretty freaking sad when a nearly 30 year old grown man needs a mentor to know right from wrong. Vick is a punk, plain and simple.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What are the Chances no team signs Vick? : here is the anti list so far from teams that have come forward and said thet are not intreasted. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/28/the-anti-vick-list/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty big list Moss, and the other teams that have been reported to have interest, Jags, Skins, and Vikes.  This has been pure speculation at this point, no hard evidence or offers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"Pretty freaking sad when a nearly 30 year old grown man needs a mentor to know right from wrong. Vick is a punk, plain and simple. "

Very good point, how is it no one else has come out and said this? He is 30 years old, went to college, got a degree, and yet at age 30 he needs a mentor to teach him right from wrong. Apparently they dont teach that killings Aniamals for fun is not ok where he is from. And he didnt use his brain to figure it out himself along the way.

But to answer the question, someone will sign Vick. My bet is its the Redskins. Maybe the Vikings.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

I'd agree, and certainly with the Redskins, they could also use a coach.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

After what the Skins did to Campell this offseason with Cutler and Sanchez I wouldnt be shocked one bit if Vick was a Redskin by the end of the week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

The Vick man

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

It'll just take one team to break the ice and bring him in for a workout.  Once that team gets scrutinized then others can bring him in simply because other teams have done it too.  I could see the vikes going afer him, imagine running a qb option with him and peterson.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I would say the chances are fair given that Vick isn't looked at as a player merely bickering over a contract or causing some problems internally - he spent two years behind bars. 

I personally think it would be great for any team to sign him.  Not only do they give a man a second chance but they get a real weapon real cheap.  He's not going to be the player he once was but you never know when you might call on someone with his talents.

If a team signs Vick it will be someone from Dungy's network reaching out trying to get him back on his feet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NationalFelonLeague. Show NationalFelonLeague's posts

[QUOTE]"Pretty freaking sad when a nearly 30 year old grown man needs a mentor to know right from wrong. Vick is a punk, plain and simple. " Very good point, how is it no one else has come out and said this? He is 30 years old, went to college, got a degree, and yet at age 30 he needs a mentor to teach him right from wrong. Apparently they dont teach that killings Aniamals for fun is not ok where he is from. And he didnt use his brain to figure it out himself along the way. But to answer the question, someone will sign Vick. My bet is its the Redskins. Maybe the Vikings.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

It's freaking pathetic is what it is. Never heard of such a thing in all my days - a grown man needing a mentor. Punk *ss Vick does not deserve any MORE chances. He's had plenty. F#$* him. Let the sorry SOB go dig ditches for the rest of his life.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

whats with the scribbles?a new language?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

Vick will play, not in New England however.   We don't need him.   I don't think Belichick would want the distraction.

The league is huring for quarterbacks.  If nobody signs him prior to training camp, he'll get picked up by the time the season starts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The chances are very good.

Extremely high.

The potential upside Vick offers is negligible in comparison to the public relations nightmare that will follow him wherever he goes.

Only a fool invites this train wreck into his living room.

Al . . .   you're on the clock.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Last night on Total Access they had Jim Zorn on an interview (team cam, I believe), and he said the Skins were not interested either. So the list narrows. I think eventually some team will sign him, maybe nobody wants to be the first to talk to him. That could change if Dungy makes a few calls, though. First off, let's look at the teams who have serious holes at the QB position. That would bring to mind first the 49ers and Vikings. Washington could probably be thrown into the mix, as they don't seem too confident in Campbell. Then you look at teams who may want to run a wildcat, and lack a piece to the puzzle. The Vikings seem to be the best possibility, as they have two excellent RBs and a good O-line. Of course, the Wilfs have claimed they want to avoid any controversy after the famous "Love Boat" incident. It's really hard to say right now who may decide to take a risk on this guy. Dungy may open some doors for him, but I think Vick would still have to prove himself, by both words and actions. Of course he'll play for the minimum, teams have him over a barrel as far as contracts go. Personally, I'd love to see him remain unsigned in the NFL, but that seems unlikely. If he still has the speed he used to (maybe he's kept it up running from Bubba in the shower room the last two years!), Al Davis might give it a go. I think once somebody gives him a look more will follow quickly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/31/vicks-status-as-most-disliked-athlete-wont-help-him-get-a-job/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The UFL will sign him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What are the Chances no team signs Vick? : http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/31/vicks-status-as-most-disliked-athlete-wont-help-him-get-a-job/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

I won't believe it until I see it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are the Chances no team signs Vick? : I won't believe it until I see it!
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE] there are gonna be so many rumors flying on this,until he does get signed by someone.if its an nfl team,or ufl.the only reason the rumors are flying high with the pats,is because they havent said ethier way if they are intreasted,or not in vick.

Sections
Shortcuts