What are the chances Ron Brace gets cut?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: What are the chances Ron Brace gets cut?

megan pryor will most likely be got cut first esp if we get osi!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Ron Brace doesn't "suck", period.

Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know football. He got pushed around as a rookie because, in college, he was able to dominate on strength alone. In the NFL, against bigger, stronger O-Lineman, he had to learn leverage and technique. He was just beginning to put together a string of solid games, including some big plays, when he got hurt.

Some times Pats fans can't let go of an image in their brain. Kevin Faulk was still a "fumbler" years after he had stopped fumbling. Wilhite is still the "worst coverage guy ever" because he looked clueless as a rookie, even though he made tremendous strides last year...receivers get very little separation on him, he has just had to learn timing and to read receiver motions to get his head around in time. Wilhite was as good a DB at the end of his 2nd year as Samuel was; both 4th-rounders, Asante didn't blossom until the end of his 3rd year. Likewise, Brace is still being judged by his rookie year, when he got pushed around on seemingly every play, even though he was not the same player last year.

Point is very few rookies come into the league ready to play. It often takes 3 years to know what you've drafted...the key is do you see improvement each year. Brace was a MUCH better second year player than he was as a rook.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

In Response to Re: What are the chances Ron Brace gets cut?:
    Ron Brace doesn't "suck", period. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know football. He got pushed around as a rookie because, in college, he was able to dominate on strength alone. In the NFL, against bigger, stronger O-Lineman, he had to learn leverage and technique. He was just beginning to put together a string of solid games, including some big plays, when he got hurt. Some times Pats fans can't let go of an image in their brain. Kevin Faulk was still a "fumbler" years after he had stopped fumbling. Wilhite is still the "worst coverage guy ever" because he looked clueless as a rookie, even though he made tremendous strides last year...receivers get very little separation on him, he has just had to learn timing and to read receiver motions to get his head around in time. Wilhite was as good a DB at the end of his 2nd year as Samuel was; both 4th-rounders, Asante didn't blossom until the end of his 3rd year. Likewise, Brace is still being judged by his rookie year, when he got pushed around on seemingly every play, even though he was not the same player last year. Point is very few rookies come into the league ready to play. It often takes 3 years to know what you've drafted...the key is do you see improvement each year. Brace was a MUCH better second year player than he was as a rook.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

Listen, I hear ya here.  It still boils down to production.  We're talking about a 14-2 team, and one that's pretty deep, short of a couple of areas.  One of those areas has been Dline depth.  We need players we can rely on.  I'll speak for myself here, but when I personally am talking about Ron Brace "sucking", Im speaking from a bottom-line, production standpoint.  As a baller, he can have all sorts of talent.  If he's never able to exhibit those for whatever reason(s), and we end up letting him go as a result, that's gonna pretty much suck.   But we're making a move this year towards another Superbowl, and its gonna be all hands on deck.  So, Brace, now in year 3 and staring another season on PUP unfortunately, needs to be ready to step up.  If he doesnt suck, if he can help put us over the top, Im ready to see that for a full season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

If the Pats do trade for Umenyiora and go with the 4-3 D then there is a very good chance he is gone.  They'd keep 8 DL on the roster with Osi, Vince, Haynesworth, Wright, and Cunningham (yes, he'd be move to the DE position with his hand on the ground) for sure and the others fighting for 3 positions: Williams, Pryor, Love, Deaderick, Moore, and of course Brace.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

I could see Brace getting cut especially if the 4-3 movement is a reality.  Brace has been a disappointment to this point to say the least.  He has shown flashes but no consistency plus being on the PUP list and failing conditioning tests tells me he is not the hard worker the Pats like.  Finally, being a high 2nd round pick means his salary is a problem especially if he is a back up to a back up which has been his position thus far.

Maybe too early to give up on him?  But in year 3 training camp he should be impressing coaches not sitting on the sideline.  I say cut the bum and use his salary elsewhere.

Osi, Roth, Brock, all upgrades at this point in time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Ron Brace doesn't "suck", period. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know football. He got pushed around as a rookie because, in college, he was able to dominate on strength alone. In the NFL, against bigger, stronger O-Lineman, he had to learn leverage and technique. He was just beginning to put together a string of solid games, including some big plays, when he got hurt. Some times Pats fans can't let go of an image in their brain. Kevin Faulk was still a "fumbler" years after he had stopped fumbling. Wilhite is still the "worst coverage guy ever" because he looked clueless as a rookie, even though he made tremendous strides last year...receivers get very little separation on him, he has just had to learn timing and to read receiver motions to get his head around in time. Wilhite was as good a DB at the end of his 2nd year as Samuel was; both 4th-rounders, Asante didn't blossom until the end of his 3rd year. Likewise, Brace is still being judged by his rookie year, when he got pushed around on seemingly every play, even though he was not the same player last year. Point is very few rookies come into the league ready to play. It often takes 3 years to know what you've drafted...the key is do you see improvement each year. Brace was a MUCH better second year player than he was as a rook.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

Thank you! great post and I hope it educated some "fans...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Honestly, this is brutal. How many of you know-more-than Belechick guys would cut Brace now? If not now, after how many games if his "production on the field" was not up to standards? By the way what would those standards be? (number of snaps, tackles, assists, hurries, sacks)...waiting but not holding breath...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Don't forget Maroney ... we got rid of Marony and it only cost us a 7th round pick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I'd say it's 50/50. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Very good. I don't think he's got what it takes!  In Response to What are the chances Ron Brace gets cut?:
    I don't know why this guys bugs me so much...but he is STILL on the PUP list. He has yet to get on the field. To quote the Tuna: "You can't make the club from the tub." Will someone light a fire under his a s s?
    Posted by pats-fan-2007

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Honestly, this is brutal. How many of you know-more-than Belechick guys would cut Brace now? If not now, after how many games if his "production on the field" was not up to standards? By the way what would those standards be? (number of snaps, tackles, assists, hurries, sacks)...waiting but not holding breath...
    Posted by futbal

I agree. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

The next few days will tell, once teams have to cut to get under the cap a lot of players will be free..I still like Shaun Ellis....I think Brace can play good if he can only stay in shape

60maxpowero.com

Sections
Shortcuts