What are the chances Ron Brace gets cut?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

What are the chances Ron Brace gets cut?

I don't know why this guys bugs me so much...but he is STILL on the PUP list.

He has yet to get on the field. To quote the Tuna: "You can't make the club from the tub."

Will someone light a fire under his a s s?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Re: What are the chances Ron Brace gets cut?

in my mind it would be 75/25 ,75% he stays 25% he goes

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He's not the only one, Pryor has been hurt most of his career, Edelman. He played pretty good when he was in there last year, he's too cheap to cut at this point, if he had Warren's contract he'd be gone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bjn. Show bjn's posts

Interesting thread from the perspective that the Pats org is always secret about injury.  Currently we have a number of players that have "promise" but have been less than healthy more often than not.   Brace obviously being one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

In Response to What are the chances Ron Brace gets cut?:
    [QUOTE]I don't know why this guys bugs me so much...but he is STILL on the PUP list. He has yet to get on the field. To quote the Tuna: "You can't make the club from the tub." Will someone light a fire under his a s s?
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

Couldnt agree more about this guy. Iv never seen someone that big get pushed around so much. Him always seems out of shape , maybe because hes always hurt. If he cant see whats going on with this club , then he shouldnt be here. Nobody is going to hold his hand while we have so much depth and talent everywhere on this team. Everyone from the players/coaching staff to the fan-base is absolutely hungry to kick some a s s and get back on top. He'll get on the train or get left behind. I tend to think they'll keep him around just because of where we drafted him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I'd say zero chance he gets cut. He's recovering from elbow surgery but played well last year prior to his injury.

Anything is possible but i can't see it at this point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Don't think he gets cut this year, but he better contribute or he's likely not back next.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Brace was starting to play some really good football before he was injured last year. The team may just be wanting to take it easy with him, so let's give the guy some slack.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He probably bugs you so much because he is a 2nd round pick, 40th taken overall, and he sucks, when he can actually get on the field that is.

Probably won't be cut. It looks bad to $hitcan a 2nd rounder this soon.

A move like that could shake the confidence of the kool-aide drinkers. Better to let him hang around a while more and have the faithful exaggerate his contributions so Hoodie doesn't look so bad.

What was his name again, Marquise Brace, or was it Ron Hill?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In Response to Re: What are the chances Ron Brace gets cut?:
    [QUOTE]Brace was starting to play some really good football before he was injured last year. The team may just be wanting to take it easy with him, so let's give the guy some slack.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with this.  He was really coming along nicely and while I'm sure it's frustrating for BB, I'm also pretty sure he will get another chance.  If he gets a major injury this year or doesn't keep moving forward, I would think this will be his last chance though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

ZERO chance he gets cut....ZERO

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

He'll amount to Squat, cut him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

[QUOTE]He probably bugs you so much because he is a 2nd round pick, 40th taken overall, and he sucks, when he can actually get on the field that is. Probably won't be cut. It looks bad to $hitcan a 2nd rounder this soon. A move like that could shake the confidence of the kool-aide drinkers. Better to let him hang around a while more and have the faithful exaggerate his contributions so Hoodie doesn't look so bad. What was his name again, Marquise Brace, or was it Ron Hill?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Brutal honesty and fully appreciated.  He doesnt find a way on the field, he'll end up cut.  Plain and simple. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are the chances Ron Brace gets cut? : Brutal honesty and fully appreciated.  He doesnt find a way on the field, he'll end up cut.  Plain and simple. 
    Posted by TuckItOnce[/QUOTE]

Brutal honesty yet not really factual. Like BB has never walked away from a high draft pick?  Chad Jackson and Kevin O'Connell ring a bell?  How about Terrence Wheatly?  Derrick Burgess, who was picked up for two draft picks, was cut free.  BB has never been afraid to move on from mistakes.  Granted, Brace needs to pick it up but when he has played he looked pretty good as a run stuffer.  Funny how some people have opinions based on misinformation.     

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Wild guess, 10% chance.

Potential:  before the draft he was described as a human avalanche by one scout.  For what he does, 3rd and 1 stands, goal line stands, you can't buy this kind of push.

I accept that he was playing well before his latest injury.

Problems:  If it's his elbow, that will heal and he can still push.  It would be more serious if it was his a@s.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are the chances Ron Brace gets cut? : Brutal honesty yet not really factual. Like BB has never walked away from a high draft pick?  Chad Jackson and Kevin O'Connell ring a bell?  How about Terrence Wheatly?  Derrick Burgess, who was picked up for two draft picks, was cut free.  BB has never been afraid to move on from mistakes.  Granted, Brace needs to pick it up but when he has played he looked pretty good as a run stuffer.  Funny how some people have opinions based on misinformation.     
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

I am in complete agreement.  BB does what's in the best interest of the Pats, not his public image. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are the chances Ron Brace gets cut? : Brutal honesty yet not really factual. Like BB has never walked away from a high draft pick?  Chad Jackson and Kevin O'Connell ring a bell?  How about Terrence Wheatly?  Derrick Burgess, who was picked up for two draft picks, was cut free.  BB has never been afraid to move on from mistakes.  Granted, Brace needs to pick it up but when he has played he looked pretty good as a run stuffer.  Funny how some people have opinions based on misinformation.     

Hey, I said right there pretty clearly in my response, if the guy doesnt find a way onto the field, he'll GET CUT.  I may have agreed with the previous poster in that Brace has basically sucked so far.  Sorry, Im setting my standards pretty high for 2nd rounders, and in 2 years, he has ZERO sacks, and very few impact plays.  But essentially, I said what YOU said.  The guy either gets his fat butt on the field and plays or gets cut.  What's the problem? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Funny how Burgess cut himself free with his failure to report antic.

Jackson sucked soooo badly keeping him would have been worse PR than ditching him.

Wheatly was another embarassment to even put on the football field.

It is common practice for most coaches to hang in with a high draft pick guy who absolutely sucks for at least a while because the fallout for releasing them too soon looks bad.

Hoodie is no better than anybody else in that regard.

And O'Connel was a 3rd rounder. Not so much a high profile gaff as a 1st or 2nd.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]He probably bugs you so much because he is a 2nd round pick, 40th taken overall, and he sucks, when he can actually get on the field that is. Probably won't be cut. It looks bad to $hitcan a 2nd rounder this soon. A move like that could shake the confidence of the kool-aide drinkers. Better to let him hang around a while more and have the faithful exaggerate his contributions so Hoodie doesn't look so bad. What was his name again, Marquise Brace, or was it Ron Hill?

but wait your the guy who says BB is a great coach....and contradictingly also stated he is a great talent evaluator in being able to recognize moss, dillion hanesworth, bring them on the team and get the most out of them...

haha.....  he will stay on pup ...which will allow pats to carry more players into the season

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are the chances Ron Brace gets cut? : Hey, I said right there pretty clearly in my response, if the guy doesnt find a way onto the field, he'll GET CUT.  I may have agreed with the previous poster in that Brace has basically sucked so far.  Sorry, Im setting my standards pretty high for 2nd rounders, and in 2 years, he has ZERO sacks, and very few impact plays.  But essentially, I said what YOU said.  The guy either gets his fat butt on the field and plays or gets cut.  What's the problem? 
    Posted by TuckItOnce[/QUOTE]

The point is the brutal honesty of the other guy's post is based on a false premise -- that BB is not one to indirectly own up to mistakes by cutting guys who can't fit in the system.  Jackson, Wheatley, O'Connell and Burgess are examples off the top of my head who were sent packing because they weren't preforming.  Add Adalius Thomas to the list, and maybe Darius Butler this year.  The other guy he referred to, Marquise Hill, died in an accident so we never know what he'd have become.   

Not disagreeing with you on Brace, just pointing out that the other guy's "brutal honesty" is based on the fallacy that BB will string guys along because he's afraid of being wrong in the eyes the media and that "koolaid drinking fans" need a reason to defend him, which is 100% inaccurate.  His track record suggests that if you don't perform, whether due to injury or lack of skill, you're a goner.      

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Oh I don't know.  Bethel Johnson was another 2nd rounder BB cut.  Gotta give 'em a chance but he's not afraid to cut 'em loose if they don't work out.  As I understand it if they're not cutting the mustard by year 3 chances are they're going to be turned loose.

And for the record, I don't think Brace has set the world on fire but to suggest that he sux is taking it a bit far.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]Oh I don't know.  Bethel Johnson was another 2nd rounder BB cut.  Gotta give 'em a chance but he's not afraid to cut 'em loose if they don't work out.  As I understand it if they're not cutting the mustard by year 3 chances are they're going to be turned loose. And for the record, I don't think Brace has set the world on fire but to suggest that he sux is taking it a bit far.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Good point on Bethel.  And when is the last time a team cut a 3rd round QB before year two, like BB did with O'Connell?  That's owning up to a mistake despite his being "only" a 3rd rounder.  Agreed, year 3 seems to be do or die. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are the chances Ron Brace gets cut? : The point is the brutal honesty of the other guy's post is based on a false premise -- that BB is not one to indirectly own up to mistakes by cutting guys who can't fit in the system.  Jackson, Wheatley, O'Connell and Burgess are examples off the top of my head who were sent packing because they weren't preforming.  Add Adalius Thomas to the list, and maybe Darius Butler this year.  The other guy he referred to, Marquise Hill, died in an accident so we never know what he'd have become.    Not disagreeing with you on Brace, just pointing out that the other guy's "brutal honesty" is based on the fallacy that BB will string guys along because he's afraid of being wrong in the eyes the media and that "koolaid drinking fans" need a reason to defend him, which is 100% inaccurate.  His track record suggests that if you don't perform, whether due to injury or lack of skill, you're a goner.      

The brutal honesty I was referencing and identifying with was the 2nd rounder sucking part.  That's it.  Its all about production.  In 2 years, he's basically done nothing.  I know he's flashed some talent in moments.  We dont draft players in the 2nd round to have 2 years worth of moments.   Im certainly hopeful whatever the latest problem in with him gets solved quick.  We need this kid to step up. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from triplestix. Show triplestix's posts

I swear that you are related to Rex Ryan the way you fire your mouth off. You sir are nothing more than a donkey.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

Not an easy decision. He's still a young, developing player at a position where it typically takes time to develop and be productive. I actually think he's one of these guys who may be better on Sundays than he is in practice from Tuesday-Saturday. Thought he did some good things and remember, he was placed in I.R. very late in the season. It's an elbow injury and it might take some time.

PUP-list him if necessary but stick with him.