What are the chances the hole at RDE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

What are the chances the hole at RDE

keeps the patriots from playing a base 34?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: What are the chances the hole at RDE

I doubt it will.  BB loves the 3-4. GWarren better step up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Russ - maybe we have our terms mixed up.  If you're Wilfork facing the center, RDE to me means the guy standing on your right.  I've always Seymour or his sub line up to Wilfork's right and Warren/sub to Wilfork's left.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

They'll find someone to play in there. It will probably be the Warren brothers at the ends But BB has no Problem sticking Mike Wright on either end if need be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I wouldn't say there's a hole.  G. Warren, Brace, Pryor, another promising rookie, who knows? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: What are the chances the hole at RDE:
    In Response to Re: What are the chances the hole at RDE : I could be mistaken, but I don't think that is true.  Seymour played LDE, DE to Wilfork's left.  He started at NT in 2001 and then moved to LDE thereafter. No? Of course, he may have played spent some time RDE in spots, but I thought he played LDE. I thought BB moved Ty Warren from RDE to LDE last year to keep Jarvis Green/Mike Wright on his normal side, hoping the drop off from Seymour to Warren would not be as bad. Didn't Ty Warren play LDE last year, where he normally started at RDE opposite Seymour? I was thinking, based on some wording from Reiss in mini camp that it appeared he was mentioning Gerard Warren playing next to Burgess (Burgess played LOLB last year), possibly thinking that BB feels Ty Warren is more effective at the RDE position, defending the weak side run. I may have read too much into that, but I am pretty sure Seymour played LDE here.
    Posted by russgriswold

Have to disagree with you here, russ.

The defensive line positions are from their own viewpoint; i.e. RDE is on the right side of the defense and LDE is on the left, likewise with LBs.

Traditionally, the strongest pass rusher plays at the RDE position (when defending against a right handed QB). This way, he's always coming from the QB's blind side, the offenses left, and the reason that the dwight feeneys of the NFL usually have a field day against the pats and matt light.  

This is also why an offense's LT is always the strongest pass blocking tackle, (again playing behind a right handed QB). The rub for us here is that Volmer is the best tackle presently but light is incapable of playing RT so we're stuck with him at LT for the short term.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

I think the Patriots are going to be totally fine on the defensive line. Young players like Brace and Pryor will have a positive influence. Everyones so hard on Brace - it was his rookie year in one of the most complicated defensive systems in the league. I dont see the patriots keeping both Lewis and G Warren. I think there is only 1 spot up for grabs between these two veterans. no way the patriots release a sophmore.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Seymour played RDE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Ted washington and keith traylor played nose prior to vince... bb brought some older de's with him(hamilton) from the jests prior to seymour...but seymour played rde and warren played left...though seymour started some games in the middle it was for need at the time

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: What are the chances the hole at RDE : What are we disagreeing on? Didn't Seymour play LDE here in NE? That's my question. I said the left if the left and right is the right as if you are facing the offense. You aren't disagreeing. Jesus. Is it the water today or what?
    Posted by russgriswold

I can't say I remember which side seymour lined up on but I'd be very surprised if it was LDE and not RDE, as he was supposed to be our best pass rusher.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

No, no, no!  Who played LDE, What played RDE

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i have to agree with kyles thought here...pats have a lot of young dl's. they brought in these older veterans that can still get it done but with the numbers, and the youthful talent i dont see them being able to keep both but that would mean some of these younger guys....(not even talking prior/brace) like weston, deadrick, love will have to pick things up quick and make a big impact to stick...

I think the Patriots are going to be totally fine on the defensive line. Young players like Brace and Pryor will have a positive influence. Everyones so hard on Brace - it was his rookie year in one of the most complicated defensive systems in the league. I dont see the patriots keeping both Lewis and G Warren. I think there is only 1 spot up for grabs between these two veterans. no way the patriots release a sophmore.  
    Posted by Boston-kyle

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

A rook to keep an eye on in camp is Deaderick, he played in a very similar D in college and has the size and weight to man that RDE spot. 

The question is the strength, can he hold up against double teams?  I seen a few Alabama games and this guy was really good.  If he can make that transition, he might not ever be a RS but could turn into a Warren. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

No, no, no!  Who played LDE, What played RDE
    Posted by shenanigan

I don't know's at Mike

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Sacks are nice, but the persistent sense that a defence can create pressure and 'hurries" would greatly effect the performance of the D....this D can become very effective even without a true sackmaster....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Just a couple quick points.The usual front three when seymour was in N.E. was Seymour at RDE and T.Warren at LDE.As for G.Warren,making the switch to D.E. in a 3-4 from D.T. in a 4-3 should not be as major a difficulty as some presume as many of the looks are similar and has proven he can,if nothing else,set the edge against the run thus aiding the LB'sto be free to make plays.Those concerned with his effort and intensity can certainly point to has past to evidence a legitimate question.We shall see if playing with veterans such as Wilfolk,T.Warren (please let him stay and play healthy),Lewis,whose veratility could well warrent a roster,and Wright(who was an undrafted rookie free agent)and on a very successful team whose players,for the most part,see team first and the individual second can stir in him a significant rise in his motivation.I believe it could happen but nothing is assured at this point.Couldn't agree more on Deaderick.He has the motor,is familiar with system may have helped Cody and the other Bama D.L.s and L.B.s as much as they helped him.He is ,indeed,a very interesting prospect who could surprise ala Pryor last year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

or maybe deaderick helped cody like brace helped raji. that worked out!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

sirpinochle,in the B.C. defensive front Brace was a perfect compliment to Raji and in that regard did help Raji,but this is not to say Brace was as good a D.T.as Raji and certainly Brace benefitted more from playing with Raji than vice versa.It sounds as if you have determined Brace is a bust and it might be wise to see what happens to Brace's performance in his second year(he did have significant problems with his fundamentals,with a position change(he wasn't a N.T.)and with the patriots complex defensive scheme.Don't right him off just yet.If there is no or just minor improvement this season I may well feel that Brace's ranking prior to the draft last year(and many had him ranked as a first or second round pick)was in serious error.Give this kid this year,it can't hurt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Re: What are the chances the hole at RDE : I could be mistaken, but I don't think that is true.  Seymour played LDE, DE to Wilfork's left.  He started at NT in 2001 and then moved to LDE thereafter. No? Of course, he may have played spent some time RDE in spots, but I thought he played LDE. I thought BB moved Ty Warren from RDE to LDE last year to keep Jarvis Green/Mike Wright on his normal side, hoping the drop off from Seymour to Warren would not be as bad. Didn't Ty Warren play LDE last year, where he normally started at RDE opposite Seymour? I was thinking, based on some wording from Reiss in mini camp that it appeared he was mentioning Gerard Warren playing next to Burgess (Burgess played LOLB last year), possibly thinking that BB feels Ty Warren is more effective at the RDE position, defending the weak side run. I may have read too much into that, but I am pretty sure Seymour played LDE here.
    Posted by russgriswold
    Seymour played RDE. Thats like saying Matt Light played right Tackle. You are looking at it the wrong way

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hammer219. Show hammer219's posts

Warren didn't play to the left of Wilfork, he played to Wilfork's left. Just a more accurate way to say it.

Sections
Shortcuts