What are we doing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

What are we doing?

Seems like other teams hit the road running...visits lined up...players already signed...and we hear crickets in Patriotsville...not saying we have to be rash...but it would be exciting for a change to have some things lined up...instead of bargain hunting all the time...Bradys clock is on the short side...our window is closing...just want to see one more ring!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: What are we doing?

wouldnt expect much of a big splash based on BB's track record

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Took a while (an hour and change into the league year), but finally the first annual "what are we doing" thread.

"We" are wasting time on a chatboard. The Patriots meanwhile, are doing what they do on their way to another 12-4 or better season and another playoff run. Follow the Redskins or some other team that measures success based on splash free agents signed, if you're that impatient. Or dumb.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Doin' what the Pats always do... look for value?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

Being patient and smart. I'm sure they do have things "lined up." Trust The Hoodie fellas. I'm anxious too!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: What are we doing?:
    In Response to Re: What are we doing? : Exactly.  Way too many teenagers allowed to post here. Ugh.  Mt Hurlie sure likes the SKins and Bears!  lol
    Posted by BassFishing

relax... it's good ol' football talk...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Bargain hunting....I'm not saying break the bank...I'm not advocating signing every free agent like some people do...but it would be nice to not always settle for everyone else's leftovers ...we are a top flight organization ...no reason we can't make a splash every few years ...(yes every few years) that's not being impatient...or dumb...lastly its ignorant to think that Brady's window isn't closing ...now is the time fortify our team!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I think we could be going after Adam Carriker.  He makes the most sense and the Skin just lost a ton of cap space.
    Posted by Faucetman

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora reports the Redskins re-signed DE Adam Carriker to a four-year, $20 million contract.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Lot of Mike Wallace talk coming here.  It does make sense.  He'd be a better, more immediate impact than any player we could draft at 31.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: What are we doing? : Exactly.  Way too many teenagers allowed to post here. Ugh.  Mt Hurlie sure likes the SKins and Bears!  lol
    Posted by BassFishing

And slowly but surely, as football discussion heats back up, poor old Rusty can't contain himself.

You were actually sufferable for the first week or so after you returned under your new nom de plume, but over the past few days the old Rusty has slowly began to manifest himself. Your posts are becoming more and more hostile while being laced with arrogant undertones and childish insults. It was only a matter of time, I suppose.

You can put lipstick on a pig...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Whadda ya mean? NFL Network is reporting we just re-signed Kyle Love . . .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Bargain hunting....I'm not saying break the bank...I'm not advocating signing every free agent like some people do...but it would be nice to not always settle for everyone else's leftovers ...we are a top flight organization ...no reason we can't make a splash every few years ...

Posted by null

You want splash, go to the beach or a water park. You want playoff football, watch the Pats work the process. I'll take 5 SBs in 11 years over whatever splash you might get from the Redskins or anybody else.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: What are we doing?":
    In Response to Re: What are we doing? : And slowly but surely, as football discussion heats back up, poor old Rusty can't contain himself. You were actually sufferable for the first week or so after you returned under your new nom de plume, but over the past few days the old Rusty has slowly began to manifest himself. Your posts are becoming more and more hostile while being laced with arrogant undertones and childish insults. It was only a matter of time, I suppose. You can put lipstick on a pig... Posted by vertigho
    Glad to see you're ok vertigho, was a little worried about you SB night. :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

I think most of us Pats fans have learned over the years to temper our expectations. All of the media has the Pats in the hunt for every free agent available in the weeks leading up to this. Just because they have a lot of cap space doesn't mean that they are gonna "splurge" in free agency necessarily. Hopefully whatever moves Bill has planned will pan out ok. I think all of Patriot nation is waiting for a buzzworthy move from the Pats right now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: What are we doing? : NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora reports the Redskins re-signed DE Adam Carriker to a four-year, $20 million contract.
    Posted by Getzo

I know.  We could have and should gone after that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Muz-tard does it make you feel better to put others down? My post wasn't insulting in anyway ....stated the obvious ....guess tards such as yourself feel better when they go around insulting people ....get a woman...maybe you wont be such a tard

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Took a while (an hour and change into the league year), but finally the first annual "what are we doing" thread. "We" are wasting time on a chatboard. The Patriots meanwhile, are doing what they do on their way to another 12-4 or better season and another playoff run. Follow the Redskins or some other team that measures success based on splash free agents signed, if you're that impatient. Or dumb.
    Posted by Muzwell

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

be pateint

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Mike Wallace or Brandon Lloyd

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Mike Wallace or Brandon Lloyd
    Posted by Faucetman

Wallace, speed kills

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Would love to see Wallace...not entirely sold on Lloyd

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

not entirely sold on Lloyd
    Posted by null

I've never been. one good year that's it

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Same as every year, taking our time. What did you expect? a blockbuster pick up in the first hour? LMAO!

That is not how this organization runs, give it some time and relax. Patience.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I hope we're either signing Welker or making up some trade for him. There's a bit of money tied up with him now and if some of it gets free'd up we can be more aggressive.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I hope we're either signing Welker or making up some trade for him. There's a bit of money tied up with him now and if some of it gets free'd up we can be more aggressive.
    Posted by Philskiw1

I assume we're trying to work out a deal with him.  Remember, the Pats can't trade him until they sign him--either to a new deal or to the franchise tag offer.  If Welker signs the tag offer, then I think he'll be very hard to trade because the team that trades for him is required to either pay the tag amount or negotiate something else that Welker will agree to (Welker holds the cards once he's accepted the tag), plus give up something to the Patriots.  That's a pretty costly scenario for the team acquiring him and given Welker's style of play, I'm not sure there are many teams that would want him at that high a cost.  He is highly productive in the Pats' offense, but I'm not sure a lot of other teams would be able to get the same kind of productivity from him and because of that, I don't see many other teams being willing to pay top dollar and also give up draft picks for Welker. 

Sections
Shortcuts