What are YOU doing for the SB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: What are YOU doing for the SB?

Watching it at my apartment down here at school. Having a bunch of people over: my buddies at school, friends from home, and my girlfriend is even making the trek from her school which is 5 hours away(I regret to inform you all that she's a huge Giants fan. I may just give her the boot if the Giants prevail, though I'm sure I won't need to worry about that!)

I hope everybody has a blast watching the game. Cherish these moments and realize how fortunate we are to be fans of such an elite franchise. GO PATS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: What are YOU doing for the SB?:
    [QUOTE]Watching it at my apartment down here at school. Having a bunch of people over: my buddies at school, friends from home, and my girlfriend is even making the trek from her school which is 5 hours away(I regret to inform you all that she's a huge Giants fan. I may just give her the boot if the Giants prevail, though I'm sure I won't need to worry about that!) I hope everybody has a blast watching the game. Cherish these moments and realize how fortunate we are to be fans of such an elite franchise. GO PATS!
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

What a romantic, LOL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Waterford Ireland. Game starts at midnite. The bar is staying open at the hotel just for us. Worst part is I could have got a ticket for the game and I'd normally been a hundred miles from it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeskii. Show mikeskii's posts

Consume mass quantities of beer :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I'm going to watch in here in Hawaii after 18 holes of golf with the Son-inLaw.  he's a Cowboys fan so he hate the Giants so I'll invite in to the house for the game.  We'll send my Wife and Daughter out to the mall with a pocket full of cash so i can scream at the TV on bad Plays and bad calls.

I'll pick up a 12 pack of Sam Adams for me and a 12 pack or Bud Light for the Kid and make a caldron of Boston Bakes beans with cut up hot dogs in it for the game and the loudest f@rt wins and the wettest f@rt loses...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I live on the NE-NY borderline near Storrs, CT

Going to a big house party with a 60" and 2 other tv's going, unfortunately it is about 10 Giants fans to 6 Pats fans and like 15 diff teams/wives and gf's types...

... but I avoided this crowd in '07, the people I have watched every super bowl with since '01 except that one, which I watched with my parents (and was kicked upstairs to watch the 4th quarter alone in my childhood turned exercise room with a tiny 19" since i was swearing and pacing around so much) b/c I felt I couldn't handle all my loudmouth g-men fan friends

this year I will sit shoulder to shoulder with them and take my chances

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

18 holes of golf then settle in for the game at home

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]I live on the NE-NY borderline near Storrs, CT Going to a big house party with a 60" and 2 other tv's going, unfortunately it is about 10 Giants fans to 6 Pats fans and like 15 diff teams/wives and gf's types... ... but I avoided this crowd in '07, the people I have watched every super bowl with since '01 except that one, which I watched with my parents (and was kicked upstairs to watch the 4th quarter alone in my childhood turned exercise room with a tiny 19" since i was swearing and pacing around so much) b/c I felt I couldn't handle all my loudmouth g-men fan friends this year I will sit shoulder to shoulder with them and take my chances
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Man I couldn't do it, especially with NY fans, there would be a fight right at the opening kickoff.. Lol .. I'm going to watch this one solo, only go to Super Bowl parties when the Patriots arn't involved..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]I have been deployed or at a school for every Pats SB since 01.  I saw the 96 game.  I though I would see the game in 07, I was in Iraq and the game came on at 3am I think so I set my alarm.  We were a day crew and another team covered the night shift.  At 2:30am we were woke up for a mission (night crew was already on a mission).  I was so excited about the game I thought everyone was messing with me about there being a mission but they weren't.  I left and got back in the fourth quarter.  It was the only time that deployment we had a night mission. This year I'm deployed to a range in Germany for Medevac coverage.  We don't plan to fly on SB sunday (which is really like 1am monday) and hopefully we don't get any medevac calls.  I expect to be watching the game.  2 bad things, no SB commercials on armed forces network (they make their own horrible commercials), nobody delivers pizza at 1am.  We all bought frozen pizzas. Actually 3 bad things, no drinking during Medevac coverage.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

As always....Thank you for your service to our country!  Hope you get to watch the big game!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]It's my wife's birthday.  Will watch the game with her, my parents, maybe an uncle.  Low key.  She didn't want a big, splashy party, so she gets what she wants. Our neighbor is a season ticket holder and he is having a Pats rally party on Saturday.  So may go there, too.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Excellent. I hope she gets a SB victory for her birthday. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]I'm staying home Z.  Funny, I watched the first playoff game in Holland (all-night sports bars in Amsterdam) and was in the stands in Foxboro for the AFC championship.  After all the travel, I'm really looking forward to a weekend without airplanes, nestled comfortably in my easy chair here in the Greater Toronto Area. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. Which bar did you end up going to? The one on the Leidseplein? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Watch with family and friends. It's as much a social event as a football game nowadays. Took Monday off so I could enjoy the festivities on Sunday
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

I did as well. It's gonna take all Monday for me to get home, so it was pretty much the only option.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]You're gf lives across an ocean? 
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Yes. In Amsterdam, it's pretty cool. I get to live in both countries between New Orleans and Amsterdam. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I had the choice between a friend's house (and 20+ people I have no idea who they are) or the Sports Bar I watch all of the games at......Sports Bar with fellow fans/friends wins.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]The Super Bowl is the girlfriend and my third year anniversary, we're going to a rager hosted by a Pats fan who happens to be a chef. Since we're in Florida Cuban cigars will be the post game dessert.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Excellent. Light one for me. I'll be tipping a HF brew. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]I'll be watching it with my 2 sons, cooped up in our Patriot Media room (pictures forthcoming), teaching them the intricacies of how to stuff a sentence with as much profanity as possible. This is done inbetween bites of some great BBQ here in Dallas. This applies to when they are doing well, and when they are doing not so well. On a side note...My 2 year old can't stop saying "Timmy Tebow" after the Broncos game. Every time he sees a QB, he screams, "Timmy Tebow", even if it's Brady. My older son knows better. I keep the little one around for comical relief during the SB when it gets too tense.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Lifer, your plans are the best so far. Retreating to the football man cave with your sons is epic. My father and brother are the real reasons I am ponying up to fly all the way home. Football is a huge family tie. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]I have been deployed or at a school for every Pats SB since 01.  I saw the 96 game.  I though I would see the game in 07, I was in Iraq and the game came on at 3am I think so I set my alarm.  We were a day crew and another team covered the night shift.  At 2:30am we were woke up for a mission (night crew was already on a mission).  I was so excited about the game I thought everyone was messing with me about there being a mission but they weren't.  I left and got back in the fourth quarter.  It was the only time that deployment we had a night mission. This year I'm deployed to a range in Germany for Medevac coverage.  We don't plan to fly on SB sunday (which is really like 1am monday) and hopefully we don't get any medevac calls.  I expect to be watching the game.  2 bad things, no SB commercials on armed forces network (they make their own horrible commercials), nobody delivers pizza at 1am.  We all bought frozen pizzas. Actually 3 bad things, no drinking during Medevac coverage.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I know you hear it all the time, but thanks for your service. I really hope you don't have to deal with any calls, for a number of reasons (troop safety, and uninterupted viewing as the Pats beat the Jersey Gints down).

Have a great time soldier. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are YOU doing for the SB? : Oh yeah. Which bar did you end up going to? The one on the Leidseplein? 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Went to two actually.  Started at the Satellite Sports Cafe on the Leidseplein.  But they shut down at 4 am (which was right at halftime), so I went over to another bar, Cocos Outback, on Thorbeckeplein. They closed at 5 am, but let me stay in the bar till the game was over . . . around 5:30.  Really nice people at both bars.  I had a blast, though I was feeling it Sunday after not sleeping for something like 48 hours.  

Love the city, by the way.  It's just one continuous party all night long.  

And here's a picture from inside the Amsterdam sports bar--all Pats' fans there!

And for the heck of it, here's my view of the Ravens game from Foxboro.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]I have family coming in from Manchester, England Saturday.  Terrible timing, but the trip was planned long ago and family is family.  I will be watching the game with a house full of people who don't understand American football.  All the fellas are getting together at a friend's house and watching the game on a huge TV while eating wings, steaks, fajitas and having a few bevvys.  I'll be explaining the rules to everyone and trying to pretend that I'm not envious of my friends and their meat, beer and testosterone fest.  Lucky me.  "Uncle L, what team are you cheering on?"  Ughhh...    
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

My GF is just getting the hang of it. This is her first full season. I already put her through a tragic Tigers BCS loss, so I have extra hope NE can make this fun for her. 

Just get your explanation ready for why NFL teams run dive plays. Every person that I've watched with that has never seen the game always asks that question after watching for a bit ... "why do they give it to that guy and have him run right into a pile of people ... it never works." LOL. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]I had the choice between a friend's house (and 20+ people I have no idea who they are) or the Sports Bar I watch all of the games at......Sports Bar with fellow fans/friends wins.....
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

You chose wisely. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are YOU doing for the SB? : I am with Shizzly and his bi-polar behavior on this one. I usually don't much of an appettite in situations like this.  I usually try to eat, but once I start getting amped up, it brings me back to my athletic years and how I used to be on edge, except I can't play in these games to take away that edge. hehe Dips and wings probably early afternoon, but after that. it's all about trying to drink too much.  Bong at the ready for a Pats win.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Bong hits and Bourbon. Swords and Tequilla. AS much as I hate to be Hungover for work on Monday Morning I think I'll need at least 10 oz of top shelf Bourbon to enjoy this game to it's fullest. I'm making a ton of food too but I would rather eat early and drink late.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I watching with my beautiful wife at my boss' home, (A huge Giants fan) with the other exec team members. (All Giants Fans) All fun folks.

Will stay for first half(great spread) then head home. I figure on a 30 point lead at the half so don't want to watch grown men cry.

This feels like the last Denver game. Brady has listened to Eli talk all week with talking heads discussing how TB has not had a great year. D has heard sh-- all week and this one of for Myra!

I see a bad day for the Giants!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Still up in the air, but it appears as if I'll be watching the game with a neighbor. Hardcore Pats fan as well, so all is good. He had a 60" TV, and some wonderful furniture. 

It's the exact same place that I/we watched the second Pats-Jets game earlier this season, and we'll be sitting in the exact same chairs/couches that we sat in last time, each with two bottles of Blenheim ginger ale. It's been a tradition between me and my Old-Man all season, and I shared the tradition with my buddy, and the result was a beatdown of the Jets. Gotta keep it going for the Super Bowl!

GO PATS!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sned1. Show Sned1's posts

I am still deciding -- go to the party that a Boston friend throws every year (I'm in LA).  It's packed with Boston people, but some don't give a ____ about the game so sometimes it's hard to concentrate.  And -- worst of all -- this guy is not rich so he has NO HDTVs!

Or, I stay home and watch it on the 48-inch with the wife.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Going skiing at mad river Glen. Should be sunny in the 20's. Not exactly golfing weather here in VT in FEBRUARY.... dudes? Skiing bumps and getting physically worked over gets me ready... Then set the tape and watch it alone where I can pound kamikazes on the rocks and not have to drive home at 11:00 completely spent and of course I can shout irrationally and throw stuff. This of course requires blowing off my girlfriend and my neighbors party... They just don't get it.