What are YOU doing for the SB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: What are YOU doing for the SB?

Happy to be going into the weekend with a 3 day weekend!  They are saying 10-20 inches of snow here in the Denver Metro area....Shocked the school district cancelled snow.....Does not happen often....A fun day reading Boston reporter's tweets and being here on the message board......A few days and counting!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Going to be in Maui with the Family.  Probably try to golf early because the game will start at 1:30 over there.  I'll probably watch it at the Rusty Harpoon just north of Lahaina.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: What are YOU doing for the SB?:
    I must watch it alone. I am not good company when things are going badly.
    Posted by xBruzer77

Ditto.  Ya see, IF we could just find a simple way to know the EXACT and precise outcome of every single play, quarter score, final score, referee call,  drive success/failure of every one on both teams's sides...THEN, I trully in my heart believe I would remain non-violent just enough to be in the company of at least 1 or 2 or maybe someday even more- (but lets not push it-) other human beings during any NE Patriots Game (but probably, never during a NE Superbowl still)... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Preferably a lone, i charish these moments.... trust me that I friends, but I hate watching football with a crowd.

At very most I may watch with my bro at my rents house, but that's as far as I go.

Watched the first superbowl with friends and acquaintances, and that was a mistake.. felt very fake.

I'LL BE IN THAT GAME LIKE I'M PLAYIN' IN IT!!!!!  Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: What are YOU doing for the SB? : My GF is just getting the hang of it. This is her first full season. I already put her through a tragic Tigers BCS loss, so I have extra hope NE can make this fun for her.  Just get your explanation ready for why NFL teams run dive plays. Every person that I've watched with that has never seen the game always asks that question after watching for a bit ... "why do they give it to that guy and have him run right into a pile of people ... it never works." LOL. 
    Posted by zbellino

O-M-G...awesome.  No jokin' zbellino, I have actually been posed this very same question myself, by a gf before...  AWESOME.  I'm sure, me bein' st#pid, I must have given some form of: "Well, they didn't neccesarily set OUT to run into a whole buncha guys, in order to get tackled after just gaining 1 or 2 feet from where they started (you try not complicate the explanation with "hike" or "line of scrimmage")..."  But z~, USE this...work it.  
      For instance, "Well, see how it tried to go a little bit towards 1 side of the field, direction-wise?" 
      Girlriend: "So, yeaaaa...?" 
      Zbellino: "Mm-hm, yup. See, they do that on PURPOSE. From now on, you'll know that when they angle the ball towards their OWN sideline (for no other apparent purpose in efforting their attempt at going further towards the endzone), It's simply so that team's head coach can see the play a bit better & closer up the next time around... BUT, If they're goin' the OPPOSITE sideline way, and towards the enemy encampment, Well- Hold On...because chances are they wanna show 'em up by offerin' those bad guys a close-up of some really AWESOME big play comin' right on up next!"  

Then, however it keeps developing, just keep adding to it, To see how long you can keep it goin'...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

At the O'club at a Military Base in Germany. Almost un-American not to stay open late for SB and serve a fantastic buffet before and during halftime. I get these privledges from my past but work at the base Hospital as a visiting professional for the Gov't. Some three sweety Nurses I invited as guests young enough to me my daughters, plenty of young flyboys to explain the game. A Pats win will suffice!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

I am a New Englander ( Mass.), living in southern Sweden. I will be up and watching it on my computer....GO PATS!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Preferably a lone, i charish these moments.... trust me that I friends, but I hate watching football with a crowd. At very most I may watch with my bro at my rents house, but that's as far as I go. Watched the first superbowl with friends and acquaintances, and that was a mistake.. felt very fake. I'LL BE IN THAT GAME LIKE I'M PLAYIN' IN IT!!!!!  Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Getzo

I'm with you Getzo . . . the problem with watching a big game at a party is it's too hard to concentrate on the game. Too many people yapping about other things. I even find sports bars distracting.  I feel the same way when I go to the games.  I've got four season tickets and I only bring friends and relatives who are totally focused on the game.  I don't freakin' care about your son's new job or your golf game last week when it's third and two and we need a stop!  It's fun to watch with others--but only if they are as totally focused and nuts about football as you are.  If they've got things other than football on their minds, I don't want them anywhere near me . . . 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

Hardcore (since for us in Europe the SB starts after midnight): Superbowl party (beer, finger food, unfortunately no girls) at work (!!!) in our confrence room on a big screen (beamer). :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

hiding.  I did put 20 on it for fun.  Of the sb i never bet.  ever.  twice as much pain if the pats lose.  the giants are too cocky to not bet. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Eating Chilli and getting "lubed up" as per the one time instructions of our leader and genetically superior overlord (yeah.....that would be Tom Brady). In fact I have already started drinking......late liquid lunch I guess...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: What are YOU doing for the SB? : My GF is just getting the hang of it. This is her first full season. I already put her through a tragic Tigers BCS loss, so I have extra hope NE can make this fun for her.  Just get your explanation ready for why NFL teams run dive plays. Every person that I've watched with that has never seen the game always asks that question after watching for a bit ... "why do they give it to that guy and have him run right into a pile of people ... it never works." LOL. 
    Posted by zbellino

My wife says that all the time.  She'll say "Look, there's nobody on the outsides why don't they run there."  I try explaining that by the time they get there, there will be defenders but I think she's still convinced coaches are just missing the wide open area.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: What are YOU doing for the SB? : Excellent. Light one for me. I'll be tipping a HF brew. 
    Posted by zbellino

Z we've got a keg of Sammy, got a couple bottles of Pinnacle "whipped cream" vodka in the freezer for shots and numerous other people are bring more booze than can possibly be drank in a single day... but we will.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm going to Party and rock out with my Gronk out!  Wait...What?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PMacPatFan. Show PMacPatFan's posts

Meeting a Mass group of Pats fans here in Bozeman, Montana.

There are about 12 of us die hard Pats fans (all New Englanders) living here. We're going to hang and watch the game at the Cannery, a local bar owned by Dane Fletcher's Dad. Dane is from Bozeman, went to Bozeman High and was a DE for the MSU Bobcats here in town. They are all converted Pats fans so they need us old timers in the mix with our Grogan, Fryar, Tatupu, Vrabel, Ted Washington, Bruschi, Malloy, Troy Brown jerseys!!

Man, we need this one. Time to lay the lumber and make history.

Go Pats!!

In Response to What are YOU doing for the SB?:
    I'm flying up to New England with my GF (who is visiting from Holland). It's too big a game to watch at home with two people.  It's gonna be a party! How about you guys? Any special plans?
    Posted by zbellino

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haskinshall. Show Haskinshall's posts

between 0:15 AM to about 4:00 AM on monday morning I will sit alone in front my computer in Germany, headphones on, it will be all dark and quiet around me and my family will sleep deep.
    No - that is not sad, not at all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

between 0:15 AM to about 4:00 AM on monday morning I will sit alone in front my computer in Germany, headphones on, it will be all dark and quiet around me and my family will sleep deep. No - that is not sad, not at all.
    Posted by Haskinshall

The best thing about the NFL expanding to Europe is they might have to rethink the late starts they seem to love to much.  Football should be played at about 2:30 pm Eastern time.  That's 11:30 am on the West Coast, 9:30 am in Hawaii, and a much more reasonable 7:30 or 8:30 pm for you guys across the pond . . .

Guess it s*cks if you're in Australia, but getting to watch Australian Rules Football on a regular basis makes up for just about anything . . .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haskinshall. Show Haskinshall's posts

In Response to Re: What are YOU doing for the SB? : The best thing about the NFL expanding to Europe is they might have to rethink the late starts they seem to love to much.  Football should be played at about 2:30 pm Eastern time.  That's 11:30 am on the West Coast, 9:30 am in Hawaii, and a much more reasonable 7:30 or 8:30 pm for you guys across the pond . . . Guess it s*cks if you're in Australia, but getting to watch Australian Rules Football on a regular basis makes up for just about anything . . .
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

There is a sex hour difference between European Central time and Eastern time. So I completely aggree with your 2:30 propsal - the game would then start at 20:30 and finished around 23:30 - perfect.
    But honestly - I don't think, that anybody cares within the NFL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: What are YOU doing for the SB? : There is a sex hour difference between European Central time and Eastern time. So I completely aggree with your 2:30 propsal - the game would then start at 20:30 and finished around 23:30 - perfect. But honestly - I don't think, that anybody cares within the NFL.
    Posted by Haskinshall

You mean sechs Stunden of course . . . the sex hour is what the French call the cinq a sept, I think (which of course is two hours, but it's the French) . . .Smile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Meeting at an Atlanta sports bar which will be closed to everyone except Patriot fans.  Belong to Atlanta Patriots Meetup Group and there will be about 120 Pats fans there.  

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts