What Belichick has planned for Adalius Thomas.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Freeway555. Show Freeway555's posts

What Belichick has planned for Adalius Thomas.....

This is pure speculation but if BB can't trade AD then I think his plan is to keep him and deactivate him for the season. Think about it, with no salary cap the Pats can afford to hold on to him, especially since they would still have to pay him something even if they cut him. But most importantly, it sends a message to the team what happens to a player if they don't bleed red,white, and blue. Plus, BB seems like such a spiteful SOB he will probably get off from making AD sit all year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Re: What Belichick has planned for Adalius Thomas.....

thats a multimillion dollar message and it is not belichicks money!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I am a big fan of spite. It's one of my favorite things. But I can't realistically see Belichick occupying a spot on his roster with a guy who has shown himself to be not simply useless, but actually counter-productive.

My sincere hope is that the Pats find a way to package this guy off to someplace where Thomas can lose and be physically miserable every week  . . .

some place like Buffalo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

In Response to What Belichick has planned for Adalius Thomas.....:
    This is pure speculation but if BB can't trade AD then I think his plan is to keep him and deactivate him for the season. Think about it, with no salary cap the Pats can afford to hold on to him, especially since they would still have to pay him something even if they cut him. But most importantly, it sends a message to the team what happens to a player if they don't bleed red,white, and blue. Plus, BB seems like such a spiteful SOB he will probably get off from making AD sit all year.
    Posted by Freeway555

I don't think he can do that, if I remember correctly -after Gruden sat Keyshawn Johnson- the league made some rule about a player having the right to play.  But I don't think Belichick would do that to any player no matter how much he dislikes him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

nope. they will try to trade him anywhere for anything, just to keep him away from the jets and ravens.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

tarde him away

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

love to see him go to the Jets and disrupt their lockerroom even more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

I don't think he's tradeable. I think the plan is to cut him right b4 training camp, the last thing the pats need is AT becoming a disctraction to the team crying all the time, if that's the case he wins.  It's a interesting idea but can't see the Krafts going for it and can't see the league allowing it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

the seattle should be looking for a lb now.

1) they may lose a starting lb for a long time (accusations of domestic abuse). not acquiring a extra lb would be a risky strategy for them.

2) their lb corps is on the smallish side. i don't think carrol wants it that way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He still has something left to contribute.  He could do the teams laundry, or mop the floors...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: What Belichick has planned for Adalius Thomas.....:
    He still has something left to contribute.  He could do the teams laundry, or mop the floors...
    Posted by shenanigan

lololololololol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

the plan is likely to be to attempt to trade him in a draft day deal to a nfc team and involve draft choices going to and from the patriots.good plan?oh yes!can it be accomplished?impossible to say until they are into the draft and see where certain players fall.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He could wind up playing out his contract here in New England,or he could get traded to another franchise for a player who fits the Patriots needs,or he could get traded for a draft choice 3rd or fifth rounder or he could just get cut at the end of the exhibition season leaving whoever takes him all season too get him in game shape.Any of these things could happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to Re: What Belichick has planned for Adalius Thomas.....:
    thats a multimillion dollar message and it is not belichicks money!
    Posted by sirpinochle

I did not have sex with that woman.. Bill Clinton

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

He should hang on to him until we see how the draft anf maybe some last minute trades work out. He just needs to be a pro and go to work.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Keep him if he isn't worth positive trade value...if you can't get the equivalent of a 4th or 5th round pick for him...or towards another player you feel can help(remember with no cap trades of player for player are much more likely to happen now)...then keep him and let he be depth at both ILB and OLB.  He knows the system and was good enough to start for the last how ever many years.  Was he the player you are paying him to be...no...but he wasn't this huge negative to the team either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

Trade him for 3rd and 5th rd picks, that or make him a RE to get punish him, and maybe we mite get sumthin out of that

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

The Pats will swap him for a 7 or a 5 next year to somebody. AD can play when he wants to. I remember seeing this dude floating around like a safety 3 years ago. He was brought in for his versitilty & lost his motivation under BB. AD needs a rah-rah guy. If you have a weak D (zona, GB, Sea) youd be dumb not to take a flier on this guy. He's gonna be pissed off & ready to play where ever he goes....He is just not going to perform for us.