What Brady really did in 42&46.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: What Brady really did in 42&46.

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welker didn't adjust his route to the coverage the way he is supposed to. 

[/QUOTE]

Go back and watch it again, he didn't need to.  The defender was well enough away.  TFB just needed to make a normal throw and he would have hit Welker in stride.  Brady threads the needle all the time, he didn't need to here but all he needed to do was throw that type of pass instead of the high outside pass that he trew and we wouldnt even be having this discussion.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

If the Niners loss to Giants last meant anything it meant that you can't make mistakes in the [playoffs. And you have to play well in all facets of the game. The last two losses in the SB both Gints D and O played better than the PAts D and O and that's why they lost. Gints played better in 2nd half and Pats didn't adjust and lost. Get over it. The Pats have a better running game and a better defense this year. Try and remain in present not dwell and linger on past failures or successes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

If the Niners loss to Giants last meant anything it meant that you can't make mistakes in the [playoffs. And you have to play well in all facets of the game. The last two losses in the SB both Gints D and O played better than the PAts D and O and that's why they lost. Gints played better in 2nd half and Pats didn't adjust and lost. Get over it. The Pats have a better running game and a better defense this year. Try and remain in present not dwell and linger on past failures or successes.

Babe would rather see us lose if means that some other facet of the team gets credit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Go back and watch it again, he didn't need to.  The defender was well enough away.  TFB just needed to make a normal throw and he would have hit Welker in stride.  Brady threads the needle all the time, he didn't need to here but all he needed to do was throw that type of pass instead of the high outside pass that he trew and we wouldnt even be having this discussion.

[/QUOTE]

No you watch it again.  The defender was on Welker's hip at the time Brady released the ball.  Was Brady supposed to look into the future and foresee that the corner would break off coverage?  Brady threw to the correct spot.  Welker got confused because the corner broke off his coverage.  The Giants got lucky because of their own bad coverage.  It happens.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Babe would rather see us lose if means that some other facet of the team gets credit.

/QUOTE]  Glenr - I guess if this matter is discussed and beaten to death enough, maybe history will change and the Pats will have "won" these two SBs?  Let it go, right, and look forward!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Just remember that Babe's man love for Brady excuses him from everything and blames everyone else.

[/QUOTE]

I'm as big a Brady fan as the next Brady fan but come on, its just plain ignorant to defend something that is wrong.  I don't wear rose colored glasses when it comes to facts.  No matter if I am a fan or not, I will tell it like it is. Sometimes it sucks and hurts a tad bit but being a fan doesn't mean I should ignore the facts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No you watch it again.  The defender was on Welker's hip at the time Brady released the ball.  Was Brady supposed to look into the future and foresee that the corner would break off coverage?  Brady threw to the correct spot.  Welker got confused because the corner broke off his coverage.  The Giants got lucky because of their own bad coverage.  It happens.

[/QUOTE]

It's crazy right?  I mean Wellker ran almost 20 yards between the time the pass was thrown and the time it reached him.  The shoulder it landed on was completely up to Welker.  Even if Brady or another QB did have the ability to predict whether Welker would be two feet left or right by the time it reached him they would not have the accuracy to accomplish such a feat on a 40 yard pass.

Its like the Barrell drill in training camp, they only get it in the barell a few times a year.  QBs put the ball where the receiver can get it, receivers put themselves under the ball.  All that worked, Welker just dropped it.  

Look at how everyone thought Flacco could throw deep this weekend and his passes were all over the place but Bolden was adjusting and pulling them from double coverage all day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey Parilli, another SB 42AND46 thread huh? Oh, I just reminded myself about your buddy and 'close friend' 42AND46, you know JintsFan. Where is he? LOL.  Better get him in here quick or some people are gonna start wondering again. Just a friendly reminder. ;)

[/QUOTE]

palookavillle i was two posts above you-get the reading glases

[/QUOTE]

Sorry there 42AND46, I mean Pariilli, I was interrupted,  timing is everything you beat me by 5 minutes.

Ok, bring all your other many fakes into a thread that has been retold over and over, nothing new Parilli, same old chit. The only thing I can add is that Gronk was dancing pretty good after the big Game, huh? Golly Gee if he had those same moves in the big Game, you think we would have won?

Yawn, Had a late nap today, getting late, C Ya.

[/QUOTE]

oh boy more of this nonsense ...i was jintsfan for 4.5 yrs and over 5000 posts

now i am 42&46

thats all i've ever been-i dont have any other names, never had two at the same time, never posted under any other names, never start phony threads-if u want go ask dottie or email the bdc and they will tell you

babe is a 60+ pats fan from MA and i am a 45 year old giants fan from long island

what the hell is wrong with some of u people?

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, jints fan and now 42-46 is not babe, two different view points but both stuck to their guns whether u agree or disagree this site should allow for fun arguments and not taken out of context.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just remember that Babe's man love for Brady excuses him from everything and blames everyone else.

[/QUOTE]

I'm as big a Brady fan as the next Brady fan but come on, its just plain ignorant to defend something that is wrong.  I don't wear rose colored glasses when it comes to facts.  No matter if I am a fan or not, I will tell it like it is. Sometimes it sucks and hurts a tad bit but being a fan doesn't mean I should ignore the facts.

[/QUOTE]

I'd say your as big a Welker fan as everybody since you've started a million pay Welker threads and you are wearing Welker colored glasses.  Really, outside of this board it is not a debate.  Go back to the coverage after the SB and it was reported as a drop by every news source.  That it now its known.  

I've never heard of a QB getting blame for a pass that hits a receiver in the hands.  Should we start blaming Montana for a bad pass on "the catch" since Clark had to jump for the pass that he barely got on his hands?  Ludicrous

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Defender wasn't on Welkers hip?  Stop making things up to fit your fight.  I have watched it again, watched it several times again last night. 

Look at the angle 21 is taking.  26 is not even close. So where is the defender on Welkers hip?  Had the pass been thrown to the inside shoulder it would have hit him in stride. It was a bad pass, no need to throw it where it was thrown.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd say your as big a Welker fan as everybody since you've started a million pay Welker threads and you are wearing Welker colored glasses.  Really, outside of this board it is not a debate.  Go back to the coverage after the SB and it was reported as a drop by every news source.  That it now its known.  

I've never heard of a QB getting blame for a pass that hits a receiver in the hands.  Should we start blaming Montana for a bad pass on "the catch" since Clark had to jump for the pass that he barely got on his hands?  Ludicrous

[/QUOTE]

Just because I'm a Brady fan doesn't mean I shouldn't be concerned about the rest of the team.  Look, there is no doubt Welker gives this team the best chance of winning, other then Brady of course, but that's a given.  Welker needs to be paid and kept on this team.  Now if the Pats were doing to Brady what they are doing to Welker you would see me go ballistic.  My pay Welker campaign is mild compared to what it would be for Brady, lol!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Defender wasn't on Welkers hip?  Stop making things up to fit your fight.  I have watched it again, watched it several times again last night. 

Look at the angle 21 is taking.  26 is not even close. So where is the defender on Welkers hip?  Had the pass been thrown to the inside shoulder it would have hit him in stride. It was a bad pass, no need to throw it where it was thrown.

[/QUOTE]

Is that a pic of when Brady released the ball?  You are not responding to what I am writing.  Try to discuss in good faith.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Editing prior post instead of responding?  

Still way after Brady released the ball.  Prolate posted the All 22 photos back in September -  26 was on Welker at the time of release.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is that a pic of when Brady released the ball?  You are not responding to what I am writing.  Try to discuss in good faith.  

[/QUOTE]

look at the first picture, the ball isn't even in the picture and still nobody is around Welker.  I just watched it again...  Brady is at the 50 when he realeases the ball which at that time Welker is clearly 2 yards ahead of the defender #26 and getting even more seperation.  By the time the ball is at the midway point Welker is 3 yards ahead of #26 getting more seperation but Welker has to come to a stop and jump in the air to turn and get the ball which at this point Welker has 4 yards of seperation on # 26.  The whole time #21 is taking the angle of anticipating the ball to be on the inside shoulder so he can catch Welker, which he probably would have around the 15 yard line. Terrible pass.

Btw the very next play Brady hits Branch at the 25 just before a defender gets there to break it up.  Now that was a more catchable ball then Welkers but still that ball was thrown a tad behind Branch which Collinsworth said poor throw by Brady but Branch should have settled in the hole and made the catch.  Nobody talking about that missed catch.  That would have put them at the 25, first down up 17-15.  This was not Brady's best drive in clutch time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jackie Smith was a heck of a reciever also but he is primarily remembered for the drop in the super bowl, lets just hope Welker is remembered for his super bowl MVPs and nothing else.

[/QUOTE]

You have to be kidding me!  Jackie Smith was standing in the end zone and the pass was right to his numbers.  How could you even compare this to Wes Welker who wasn't in the end zone, he was what 20 something yards away from the end zone, Welker facing inside, the pass was outside, Welker had to turn back around will turning  180 degrees in the air going the opposite way the ball was going, plus the pass was way high.  You need to watch this again.  I just did in order to describe it yet again. 

Unreal! It's amazing how much disrespect Welker gets here.  When the Patriots were talking contract there you same people were saying Welker was old and time for him to go, that Edelman can take his place.  WOW!   How would that have worked out this season.  Welker is older yet produces more and stays the healthiest.  You people are insane.

[/QUOTE]

I dont know why you are still debating this. I played football, only in H.S. but the point is I played and I was taught to catch the football with your hands.. You make a pyramid with your 2 hands so the nose of the ball is caught between your thumb and index fingers and you grasp the ball when it touches your hands. Someone posted a pic of Wes  in this EXACT same position and he DROPPED IT!  He had the pyramid hands on the ball with the nose in his graps! Now Im not a Brady apologist (shouldnt even be a term) and I wont say the throw was perfect but it WAS just about the only pass he could throw. Do you even know why Wes was open??  The Giants were playing a cover 3 and the CB on that side missed the call and was playing man and created that void but the center fielder was still in position so he had to back shoulder it or lead him into coverage where ball would be picked or Wes layed out. Thats a fact!  So even though it wasnt perfect pass it was necessary and Wes still had a great chance at catching it and he caught the case of butterfingers. He had 2 hands on it. This is the NFL!  and never mind the fact he wants to be payed as a # 1...lol

It is what it is. Wes dropped the Lombardi but only after the defense couldnt do their jobs either and our offense only sputtered when Brady re-injured his shoulder after the Tuck hit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I doubt you can tell the exact distance between Welker and 26 at the time Brady releases the ball.  The point is the defender was still in pursuit from behind and to the inside of Welker when Brady threw, so Brady threw outside and ahead of Welker.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Giants were playing a cover 3 and the CB on that side missed the call and was playing man and created that void but the center fielder was still in position so he had to back shoulder it or lead him into coverage where ball would be picked or Wes layed out. 

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  I can't believe it's even necessary to state this on here.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The Giants were playing a cover 3 and the CB on that side missed the call and was playing man and created that void but the center fielder was still in position so he had to back shoulder it or lead him into coverage where ball would be picked or Wes layed out. 

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  I can't believe it's even necessary to state this on here.  

[/QUOTE]

TFB is a casual fan and thats ok, but he needs to let that go when everyone but  him admits it. Same as Rusty holding on to his Brady agenda looking foolish every week but once a year when Brady has a bad game...lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Bottom line:  everything about the Giants coverage screamed for the ball to go where Brady threw it.  Brady recognized this, Welker did not.  Too bad is all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You guys really need to go back and rewatch the play a few times and then respond.  Since I just did for probably the 100th time, and explained exactly what happend You will see Brady made a bad read and throw. Inside shoulder would have been fine, hit Welker in stride and Welker would have been tackled at the 15.  He wouldn't have got layed out, heck that doesn't stop Brady from throwing those type of passes anyways, we have seen receivers get laid out from his passes before.  And no way would that ball have been picked.  Picked by who?  # 26 isn't even  going to make an attempt at the ball if you see the angle he takes, he is anticipating Welker catching inside shoulder and stopping Welker from scoring. 

Hey it happens, Bready is great but not perfect.  To put the full blame on Welker is really crazy, especially if you go back and watch it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

TFB is a casual fan and thats ok, but he needs to let that go when everyone but  him admits it. Same as Rusty holding on to his Brady agenda looking foolish every week but once a year when Brady has a bad game...lol

[/QUOTE]

Being called a casual fan from someone who just started posting this year and has 516 posts is funny.  You are a funny dude.  Let me say something about being a fan, while I have favorites players it doesn't keep me from putting blinders on and not being objective even when my favorite player is in question.  Brady made a bad throw, had he made the correct throw none of this would even be talked about.  Could Welker have made the catch, probably but it's is a very, very low percentage catch with what he had to do to adjust to the ball. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Ok TFB, keep saying the same thing over and over while not responding to our detailed analysis of the coverage and the route.

Us:  The Giants were in Cover 3 but the corner didn't get the call and left a big hole in the zone exactly where Brady threw it.

TFB12:  Go watch the play again.

Us:  Giants #26 was in pursuit of Welker from behind and to the inside when Brady threw the ball, so Brady threw the ball outside and in front of Welker.

TFB12:  But here is a pic of where #26 was after the ball was released and well on its way to Welker.

Us:  The center field safety was ahead of Welker to the inside, and was in position to intercept/break-up a pass thrown to Welker's inside.

TFB12:  But he didn't.

Us:  Because Brady threw the ball away from the safety, thus depriving the safety of the ability to make a play on the ball or the receiver.

TFB12:  Go watch the play again.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts