What Brady really did in 42&46.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: What Brady really did in 42&46.

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

Well you're wrong.  #23 was covering Branch and Brady knew it.  #26 was covering Welker to the inside.  Welker did indeed beat him - to the outside.  Which is where Brady threw it.  This is elementary stuff.  You really think you know better than Tom Brady where Tom Brady should be throwing the football?

Think what you want.  I totally disected the entire play for you to how I see it, if you are still convinced that it was a great pass and Welker ran the wrong route then so be it.  BTW, in everything I have read and heard, you are the first person that I recall saying Welker ran the wrong route.

BTW, you saying "This is elementary stuff.  You really think you know better than Tom Brady where Tom Brady should be throwing the football?" I just provided a couple articles where others say it was a bad pass.  So no, it's not only me.  Don't you comprehend anything that you read or do you just not read anything?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BTW, I will be away most of the day so if I delay in responding to any of your posts it's not because I'm "finally going to admit" anything as you stated a couple posts before because I didn't respond to you asap!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I admit that I have not seen any media member say that Welker ran the wrong route.  But I also haven't seen any article break down the coverage in the moments leading up to the throw.  But their opinion doesn't  matter anyway, as they are only qualified to fill the internet with empty words.  Tom Brady was the only person qualified to throw passes against the Giants in last year's Super Bowl, so I'll go with his judgment on where the ball should go, especially when it is supported by so much ample video evidence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

To find the video I searched YouTube for "Brady bad pass"- nothing came up.

I then searched for "Welker drop"- 5 videos of the play came up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Straight from the MVP's Mouth:

“We have to be able to anticipate what each other are doing. You can’t wait for things to happen, and then react. You have to be proactive in everything you do – at quarterback and receiver … When we go out to practice, we’re talking and saying, ‘If we get this coverage, this is what I’m thinking. This is when I expect you to break. When I see this hint of your head and your shoulders, this is what I’m thinking.’ A lot of it is anticipation. For example, when I see Brandon break and I throw it to a spot, and then he’s 4 yards away from that spot and he has to make a great catch. For him, I’m saying, ‘This is not where we talked about you being.’ Sometimes I make a bad throw and he says, ‘Tom, no, this is what I saw.’ That’s part of the communication. "

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4725915/brady-goes-deep-on-sirius#more

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I don't know how anyone thinks what the Giants did in the Super Bowl was "power running."  Yes they ran the ball more than the Pats did (they also had a lot more snaps), but they also threw 40 times (43, I believe, if you include sacks).  The success of the passing game (an extraordinary 75% completion rate!) is what killed the Pats and allowed long drives.  

The Giants maintained their long drives in large part because their passing offense was working so well and our passing defense was not working well at all. 

Wozzy seems to be changing his tune as well . ..  for a year, he's been talking about the importance of TOP.  Now, all of a sudden, he thinks that all that matters is turnovers.  

Really, though (as Belichick has said over and over) what matters is execution.  And the Giants simply outexecuted the Pats. The loss wasn't because of strategy, it was lost because of poor execution. 

right on both points: Giants were basically a pass oriented team last year and this year and ran off that and as far as SB's sometimes just a matter of a few more plays made at the right time, nothing more

of course this is so simple it will escape many of the "experts" on here

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to glenr's comment:

This whole thread was started by Babe as one of his typical attempts to absolve Brady of any percentage or responsibility for the losses. All wins are Brady's alone and all losses are someone else's fault.

This is the crux of it.  

It's all about execution or how well the Giant's executed their offense, not how poorly our offense executed theirs.  

It's all about time of possession, or how the Giant's continued to run even with poor results but (somehow, not the run game but somehow?) managed to control the clock, it's not like the Pats could have done the same thing running the ball to create manageable third downs now could they?

It's all about turnovers, or how the Patriot's defense didn't get any, not about the two turnovers given up by the Patriot offense.

Nobody on this end is saying the defense couldn't have played better, but we're not sticking our head in the sand pretending like the offense played great either... we'll leave that to these guys.

The offense was a raging offensive juggernaut until it wasn't, now all we have is excuses for the safety, excuses why Gronk played but wasn't at full strength, excuses for Brady throwing behind Welker, for dropped passes in crunchtime, but what we'll never have is any sort of compromise by the ball washers that possibly, just maybe the offense drastically underperformed.  

Because that would lend credence to the idea that running is actually a positive that the Giant's used to great affect to beat us and it would mean that these guys have been wrong for the past 4 years.  

It's funny how they NOW prop the Giant's running game up but can't envision the same positive results for the Pats, if the Pats raise another banner it will have been ALL Brady while the renewed ground and pound running game, the defense, Josh McDaniels and the overrated GM Belichick will just be spectators.

Laughable...

i am starting to think babe is right, that wozzy glenr and rusty are all the same person...

they completely agree with one another, are usually posting within the same 5 posts if not right after each other and all have that "I am much smarter than an idiot like you" tone to their posts

we should get an expert on these sort of things to look at this and maybe get 2 of the 3 fake accounts banned for good

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

That about says it all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

i am starting to think babe is right, that wozzy glenr and rusty are all the same person...

they completely agree with one another, are usually posting within the same 5 posts if not right after each other and all have that "I am much smarter than an idiot like you" tone to their posts

we should get an expert on these sort of things to look at this and maybe get 2 of the 3 fake accounts banned for good

It's impossible to tell how many fake accounts Rusty has. And until BDC decides to be a standard quality forum and at least administer by IP address these fakes will exist. Better yet, allow accounts only by using an ISP linked e-mail rather than the fly by night variety anybody can make a hundred of.

I suspect people would be shocked if they learned how many fakes he has made.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I agree the Giant's had a better game plan sticking with the run despite the fact it wasn't overly successful, but you can't have it both ways Babe, either running the ball is good for controlling the TOP and converting first downs or it's not. 

We didn't need to keep the Giants' offense off the field since our offense was stronger. It would be they who wanted to control the ball and keep our offense off the field.

You don't run a ball control offense because your defense is bad. You run it because the other offense is good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

That about says it all.

Well to be fair, a youtube user named "steeleworldwide" has a video about how awful the pass is.  Not surprising though that a steeler's fan would go to such lengths to attack Brady - do you really want to be in that sort of company TFB12?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Man, your credability just took a dump!  You can't even do a simple search!  Do your homework next time before you post lies!  You might as well be on ignore now because I won't believe anything you say for now on!!

Notice where the links are to? YOUTUBE!   You fail!!

Also, please notice the "more videos for bad pass superbowl" at the bottom!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

That about says it all.

Maybe you should do some homework too before you comment, smartguy!

You fail too!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

Well to be fair, a youtube user named "steeleworldwide" has a video about how awful the pass is.  Not surprising though that a steeler's fan would go to such lengths to attack Brady - do you really want to be in that sort of company TFB12?

Bravo! At least you seem to be the smartest out of the 3 of you, apparently you did some checking.

Also, I don't have to explain myself yet again do I?  I clearly see that apparently you don't read all the posts.  I have stated many times out of all the Patriots players I'm the biggest Brady fan.  Then probably BB, Welker, Gronk, Spikes, etc.. But it doesn't mean I can't be critical of Brady.  Heck, I'm a huge fan of BB too but I have been very critical at times of him too.  But just because I am, doesn't mean I'm not a big fan.  If you are a major jock sniffer of a player and can't be critical about them, as apparently we have a few of those here, then no use in having a conversation with that person because they will never budge, thinking their hero or team is always perfect and can do no wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

If Brady actually made a mistake, which he hasn't in about 10 years (ok, maybe that throw to Troy Brown in the endzone of the Denver playoff game that got picked off and returned 99 yards was his fault), then I guess it's ok to point it out.  It's just that in this case, he clearly made the right throw - Welker beat his man to the outside, which was also away from the safety, and the only defender to the outside was covering Branch, who was moving in the opposite direction - I don't see how any reasonable person can criticize that throw.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Wasn't there a game this year where Welker and Brady connected on almost the exact same pass?  I think the difference was that Welker ran under the ball and caught it over his left shoulder rather than turning to make the back shoulder catch.  

I'll have to look it up if I have time.  I don't remember exactly which game, but I remember commenting on it on the game thread. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Wasn't there a game this year where Welker and Brady connected on almost the exact same pass?  I think the difference was that Welker ran under the ball and caught it over his left shoulder rather than turning to make the back shoulder catch.  

I'll have to look it up if I have time.  I don't remember exactly which game, but I remember commenting on it on the game thread. 

There were also several similar passes where Welker dropped the ball yet again.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to glenr's comment:

This whole thread was started by Babe as one of his typical attempts to absolve Brady of any percentage or responsibility for the losses. All wins are Brady's alone and all losses are someone else's fault.

This is the crux of it.  

It's all about execution or how well the Giant's executed their offense, not how poorly our offense executed theirs.  

It's all about time of possession, or how the Giant's continued to run even with poor results but (somehow, not the run game but somehow?) managed to control the clock, it's not like the Pats could have done the same thing running the ball to create manageable third downs now could they?

It's all about turnovers, or how the Patriot's defense didn't get any, not about the two turnovers given up by the Patriot offense.

Nobody on this end is saying the defense couldn't have played better, but we're not sticking our head in the sand pretending like the offense played great either... we'll leave that to these guys.

The offense was a raging offensive juggernaut until it wasn't, now all we have is excuses for the safety, excuses why Gronk played but wasn't at full strength, excuses for Brady throwing behind Welker, for dropped passes in crunchtime, but what we'll never have is any sort of compromise by the ball washers that possibly, just maybe the offense drastically underperformed.  

Because that would lend credence to the idea that running is actually a positive that the Giant's used to great affect to beat us and it would mean that these guys have been wrong for the past 4 years.  

It's funny how they NOW prop the Giant's running game up but can't envision the same positive results for the Pats, if the Pats raise another banner it will have been ALL Brady while the renewed ground and pound running game, the defense, Josh McDaniels and the overrated GM Belichick will just be spectators.

Laughable...

Jints, you are pathetic and a hypocrite.  So does that mean Babe, mthurl, and Pezz are the same people because they routinely agree with one another's post?  Grow up. 

The constant bickering, troll labeling, and claims of people having multiple accounts on this board is childish.

And stop saying "we" like you have people that are behind you.  Nobody likes you. 

How about we get you banned for good? 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

I see Leon is still here waving his virtual machismo around. He is right about 1 thing. The internet is a playhouse for gutless little children to act tough without fear of getting b-slapped by real men.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

I agree the Giant's had a better game plan sticking with the run despite the fact it wasn't overly successful, but you can't have it both ways Babe, either running the ball is good for controlling the TOP and converting first downs or it's not. 

We didn't need to keep the Giants' offense off the field since our offense was stronger. It would be they who wanted to control the ball and keep our offense off the field.

You don't run a ball control offense because your defense is bad. You run it because the other offense is good.

tell me again Babe how safeties and INTs don't matter and how you run the same offense at the end of a game whether you need a TD or a FG.

Time to whine rusty again?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts