What can be done to improve this team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: What can be done to improve this team?

We have lost our last 3 playoff games in demoralizing fashion.

One common element has been pressure on Brady.

During the regular season, Brady has all day to throw so he and BB look like genius.

The playoffs come and Brady looks mortal cause he no longer has the time to throw.

I think the problem is coaching in the playoffs.

BB has choked 3 times in a row and I don't like it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Whats most dissapointing is that this team gets manhandled by physical teams. We are fine when we play these finesse teams like the Colts or Chargers, but not against great defenses.

Don't forget that Brady has had 3 awful postseasons in a row. It is no fluke. Even in that 16-0 postseason they looked bad.  They had a solid game against Jacksonville and  Brady has not had a solid game since.  Against the Chargers they were awful and deserved to lose but  Rivers was on  one knee. The Giants put a beatdown on them.  The Ravens did it last year and now the jets do it again.  

Bill Belichick was awful in this game, no excuses!  Why go for the fake punt on your side of the field?  This is not the Patriots game! 

Why waste so much time in the 4th quarter?  14 plays, over 7 minutes and no points. It was shocking.

However the most ridicolous call was going for the onside kick with 1.50 to play.  Why not kickoff to them and let them run the ball? We had 2 timeouts remaining. This would have forced them to throw the ball on 3rd down or just run and give the ball back to the Pats with a minute remaining.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Clay Mathews sure would've looked good in a Pats uniform now.  I think we might have one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Spend money on Free Agents like the team that embarrassed us tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

an overall change on the offensive is must , come all the big games the offensive seem's to get manhandeld ,
    the blame is also on brady , but what can hed do when he's getting sacked 5 time's in the game and hit on every play ,

it all start with giving tom time , tom isn't gone run the ball like vick but he can scrambale and buy time , get tom protected , it all start's from there ,
    mat light days as starter must be over get a stud out there , koppen
    is doing a nice job , but against top tier d-line he cant hold his ground .

the foundation is here the defence will get better so is the offence
    just protect tom better give him more time and confidence
    the last three playoff games his just getting killed out there .

how much time did sznchez have for comparison ??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Many errors/issues on this Monday morning (in no particular oder): 1) Green-Ellis averaged 5 yards a carry but got less hand offs than Woodhead who is the third down back; 2) Tom seemed to lose some poise/fire after the meatball pick in the first quarter; 3) offensive game plan should have been reversed (establish run first half with Green-Ellis, play action second half -- this formula worked much of the season, but was dropped this game)...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from don444. Show don444's posts

In Response to Re: What can be done to improve this team?:
    [QUOTE]Whats most dissapointing is that this team gets manhandled by physical teams. We are fine when we play these finesse teams like the Colts or Chargers, but not against great defenses. Don't forget that Brady has had 3 awful postseasons in a row. It is no fluke. Even in that 16-0 postseason they looked bad.  They had a solid game against Jacksonville and  Brady has not had a solid game since.  Against the Chargers they were awful and deserved to lose but  Rivers was on  one knee. The Giants put a beatdown on them.  The Ravens did it last year and now the jets do it again.   Bill Belichick was awful in this game, no excuses!  Why go for the fake punt on your side of the field?  This is not the Patriots game!  Why waste so much time in the 4th quarter?  14 plays, over 7 minutes and no points. It was shocking. However the most ridicolous call was going for the onside kick with 1.50 to play.  Why not kickoff to them and let them run the ball? We had 2 timeouts remaining. This would have forced them to throw the ball on 3rd down or just run and give the ball back to the Pats with a minute remaining.
    Posted by Spetznaz24[/QUOTE]

IF onside kick worked you wouldn't even be say anything about would have should have.. Shocking heck NO! they got their AZZES handed to them. Be a man and soak it in. Dam! bla bla bla

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Everyone is SOOO against signing big name players...You tell me Julius Peppers wouldnt have been key last night?? We need pass Rush more than anything!! and while we can draft a highly regarded ROOKIE, we wont know what type of level he will perform at in the NFL...a PROVEN pass rush, could have helped last night BIG TIME!!! I Froze My A#@ Off last night (I would do it again) in that stadium, and was soo frustrated with how horrible the pass rush was..We can say we need O-line but that O-line has done a great job all season long with giving brady time...One  thing has remained consistant all season long and that is our weak-A$% Pass rush...plain and simple.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

This year really was a rebuilding year for the Patriots. Many people had the Pats finishing 2nd or 3rd in the division because of this.
     Just two years ago we had the oldest defense in the NFL and now we have the youngest. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]Spend money on Free Agents like the team that embarrassed us tonight.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    ditto...Pats needed a guy like Willie McGinnest in the worst way yesterday.
    also, get some co-ordinators with some knowledge/gravitas/experience...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

[QUOTE]Spend money on Free Agents like the team that embarrassed us tonight.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Exactly tcal2!  They need to spend money on serious talent in certain areas.

They did great this year for the talent they had but to depend on rookies/plan b free agents, it's simply not enough.  Also, they really need some serious help on the defensive line play - we don't put any pressure on QB's - at all.

I'd like to go back to the days when OUR DEFENSE was Superb! and TB took care of our offense. 

Going to be a interesting offseason - will there be football in 2011? Will the Pats PAY for some top talent?  who knows, but we do have 3 top picks in the first 33 picks - so there is a great start.

Need to improve:
    DEFENSE LINEPLAY! DE/OLB's
    - is a must.  Need to add a FA or two along with plucking some from the Draft - they need to improve this greatly and STOP allowing BAD QB's torch us week in and week out -

Running Back: this is not a dig on woodhead and BJGE - they are good rb's but I still feel they aren't a serious threat for opposing defenses.  I feel they need to identify a stud RB (M Ingram?) OR whoever they think will take some burden OFF of Brady another huge weapon out of the backfield in time of need! Need IMPACT here!  Not just another guy who can carry the rock and be decent. We have one of the best Offensive lines in the league - esp with Crumpler down there.  Now let's get a TOP notch back to go along with it - and watch out!

WideReceiver: I think here too we need to INDENTIFY a pure #1 stud WR sooner than later.  I know folks will say, oh, we got tate/taylor upcoming, but I don't think these guys will really pan out as studs in this league but just role players.  We need a IMPACT guy here. 
    Welker won't be here forever, and Branch not much longer and we already know Moss is gone - So who will take over our WR core?  Exactly, that's why the Pats need to identify that WR stud - sooner than later.  
    One way of taking care of everything here - is just GO get Larry Fitzgerald - NOW he is IMPACT! and will take care of everything we need at the WR position and Welker and Branch and everyone else will follow suit! big time!

STADIUM NOISE:
    The stadium wasn't built for noise at all, Mr Kraft needs to think about how to improve that stadium to keep the Noise IN.  the Lower bowl has to work way to hard to supply enough noise for the D.
    I wish we could keep the noise in there from the 200/300 sections as well. Maybe a couple huge awnings over each side of the stadium? not a dome but like a toaster ? lol. But I know this will never happen...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I have to say I am very disappointed in many of the posters here.  For all the good football conversations and debates we have, for it to end in a whine like this is sad. 
    Yes, someone like Peppers would have helped this year.  However, if we had signed him, depending on the next CBA we would have surely lost Light and Mankins, possibly many more guys. Watch who the Jets lose once the CBA is back in place. 
    People are screaming for us to spend like the Jets.  We have been better longer, in it more years, and will continue to be in at when they are back at the bottom. And we have many more draft picks than they do right now.
    Our needs stay the same--pass rushing via DE and OLB, pass protection OT and OG.  They were out top needs before the loss and continue now.  Do I want to see a few more maulers? Heck yes, always preferred that type and those types seem to do better in the playoffs and against a great D.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from james32. Show james32's posts

how about Josh Mcdaniels, isn't he available?Do need deep threat and a offensive line that doesn't need Crumpler to stay in and block on every play. Number one need is pass rusher.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

This defense was a spit and duct tape defense for Belichick. They'll come back better next year, if they stay generally healthy, but we do need a pass rush. We've needed one for years, but BB has yet to see one he truly likes. 

We need another DE (trade Oak and the two thirds and go get Dareus) , OLB, OG for Neal, OT for Light with the first four draft picks. Bodden will be back to sure up his corner and Warren will be back to stuff his side of the line. 

Someone needs to kick Tommy in the sack and tell him to man up out there and for the love of god, if Chad hits the market GO GET HIM!!!

We lost that game today, the Jets didn't win it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

The  JETS  have  had  a  better  team  than  the  PATRIOTS  for  two  consecutive  years  now.  And  it  won't  get  any  better  unless  the  PATRIOTS  front  office  changes  two  strategies.  1)  Sign  free  agents  who  are  DIFFERENCE  MAKERS.  Compare  the  JETS  free  agent  signings  last  year  to  ours.  BIG  DIFFERENCE.  2)  Tweak  the  draft  strategy.  Overall, the  PATRIOTS  draft  strategy  is  sound  - trade  down  to  get  additional  draft  picks.  However, there  are  times  when  a  team  needs  DIFFERENCE  MAKERS.  All  teams  need  atleast  three  DIFFERENCE  MAKERS  on  both  the  offense  and  defense.  A  good  example  was  two  years  ago.  The  PATS  could  have  gone  after  B.J.  Raji  from  B.C.  But  as  usual, they  avoid  the  big  time  first  round  signings.  Instead, they  settle  for  the  Ron  Brace's  of  the  world.  You  don't  need  a  whole  lot  of  intelligence  to  keep  trading  down  on  draft  picks.  A  team  does  need  to  know  when  to  pull  the  trigger  and  go  after  a  DIFFERENCE  MAKER.
    I  was  watching  the  RAVENS - STEELERS  game  on  Saturday  and  couldn't  help  comparing  their  defenses  to  the  PATS.  The  difference  is  striking.  The  PATS  needs  are  :  1)  defensive  lineman  that  can  put  consistent  pressure  on  the  quarterback.  The  two  Warrens  should  be  backups, not  starters.  2)  the  offensive  line  needs  to  be  revamped  and  should  have  been  done  after  the  07  Superbowl  loss.  That  was  MEN  AGAINST  BOYS !  The  offensive  line  has  always  been  over-rated.  The  only  ones  worth  keeping  are  Mankins, Vollmer  and   Connolly  ( for  his  versatility ).  The  offensive  line  needs  to  spark  a  consistent  run  game.  3)  Branch  is  a  # 3  receiver.  The  PATS  need  a  couple  of  big  time  receivers  to  complement  Welker.  Overall, the  PATS  over-rely  on  Bellichek  and  Brady.  THEY  NEED  MORE  TALENT.     

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

zeit, first BJ Raji was far from a difference maker initially.  He almost looked like a bust.  2nd, the past 2 drafts have difference makers.  Have u not seen McCourty? Gronk? and most of our draft picks for the past 2 years. 
    As far as the Jets better for the past 2 years?  We had the better record, they went further.  If they dont win it, then it is a wash because winning the SB is what I want.  I say and stand by the fact that we are closer than they are.  When the CBA is back, they will lose quality players and have no one behind them to fill the spots. 
    I hope we draft on D and some OL that can maul. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

I cant believe so many people are so down on the Pats, we are a good team , a very good team, but single elimination has a lot of luck to it as well. Maybe it was the week off or maybe the moon was in the wrong place but we didnt play well and seemed slightly off in every area. Not much coaches can do about that, its why there are so many huge upsets. We are lucky though because we have so many posters who can tell BB what to do. How would he do it without them. Take a hint people you DO NOT know more than BB

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Trade Brady home to a California team, where he wants to be. We could get a bunch of good players for him.  Nothing lasts forever.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

1 monster coming off the edge to put the fear of God into the opposition QB. Pats have rebuilt very well on the run. We get the outside pass rusher and I think they win it all again.