what can Houston do differently?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

what can Houston do differently?

We know the TExans will try to establish the run. They will look for matchups with their TE's against the Pats LB's. They will look for quick hits to Johnson and let him make some plays with his speed and physicality.

Pats need to hold Foster to under 75 yards.

Texans TE's most likely are double covered over the top with a S

Can Talib play Johnson 1 on 1?

Pats OL need to bring their A game. Establish the run and look for 125 plus yards on the ground. Allow Brady the time to find hios targets. If everyone is healthy, Joseph will cover Lloyd and Wes, Gronk and Hernandez should be open repeatedly.

Is Gronk healthy enough to be his usual blocking TE?

Pats 27

Texans 17 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: what can Houston do differently?

Not show up in their high school letterman jackets?? Last time it was men vs boys...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Not show up in their high school letterman jackets?? Last time it was men vs boys...

well there is that too...thanks for the expert analysis of the game

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

The Texans defense can "try"....

... to utilize every blitz and stunt package they have.

... to NEVER show that blitz or stunt pre snap. Brady is pedestrian if he can't make that pre snap read. EVERY NFL QB is.

... to move JJWatt around on the line gaining better match ups

... to combine the previous three things in a way that creates pressure right up the middle over the under sized wendell and in Brady's face forcing him off the spot.

... to beat the crap out of the old, slow, and small Branch at the LOS

... to beat the crap out of WW at the LOS and disrupt his timing

... to beat the crap out of the soft finesse BL at the LOS

... to line someone up across from Gronk every play he's in and tomahawk his bad arm every time he passes by

... to purposely go for the strip anytime Ridley carries the ball

...to have their outside pass rushers start with speed outside and transition it to a bull rush straight in front of Brady. Give Brady the outside the pocket freedom, you don't have to contain him, just don't let him step up in the pocket.

... to create turnovers

The Texans offense can "try"....

... to start play action early even before establishing a running threat. The threat is already perceived. Don't just bang it in there twice for short yardage and leave Schaub in 3rd and long all day. He is already playing with little confidence as of late. Basically do NOT do what the idiot Vikings did to Webb.

... to use formations and personal groupings that will set up OD in a mismatch against our linebacking core. They are not good in coverage.

...to move AJ around to try and get the best advantageous matchup. Will be curious if Talib is stuck to him or just stays on one side.

...to throw AJ a few jump balls in the right match up and let him go get it.

...to pull out all the plays from the bowels of the playbook and use them if the timing and conditions/situation seems right. (i.e. fake punts, etc). It's win or watch form the couch time.

...to not turn the ball over

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

If I were the Texans I would:

1. have more stunts that looped players into inside rush gaps

2. have more blitzes that tried to create and take advantage of inside rush gaps

3. Be physical against WRs and TEs not giving anyone a free pass off the line

4. Use some rush blitzes inside when Ridley or Bolden are in the game - not so much against Mighty Mouse or Vereen

5. Try to set up mismatches with Houston RBs in short passing game

6. Try to get Arrington out on the sideline playing man and go after him

7. Think turnover on every single play

8. Be a little creative on blocking assignments when returning KOs

9. Emphasize to Schaub that he cannot turnover the ball period.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Rush four and drop 7 and still manage to get pressure on Brady.

Red zone TD's not play like Marty Bal and ettle for 3.

Punsish Welker all day.

Srtip Aaron H from the ball (he has a bad habbit of holding the ball away from his body)

Thow it deep early and often.

Pray before the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

We know the TExans will try to establish the run. They will look for matchups with their TE's against the Pats LB's. They will look for quick hits to Johnson and let him make some plays with his speed and physicality.

Pats need to hold Foster to under 75 yards.

Texans TE's most likely are double covered over the top with a S

Can Talib play Johnson 1 on 1?

Pats OL need to bring their A game. Establish the run and look for 125 plus yards on the ground. Allow Brady the time to find hios targets. If everyone is healthy, Joseph will cover Lloyd and Wes, Gronk and Hernandez should be open repeatedly.

Is Gronk healthy enough to be his usual blocking TE?

Pats 27

Texans 17 

They did try to run Foster last game. He got the ball 15 times in a blow out. He had a 3.1 ypc. It just wasn't there. They were kind of forced into passing because the Pats had Foster wrapped up so well. 

If they want Foster to run more, they need to get more out of him against the Pats when they do run him. My guess is attacking the sides more often, but in reality, they need to win the battles at the edges and against Wilfork especially. That is where they need to concentrate. Just giving him the ball more won't give him better results. 

They really need to find a way to parlay Watt into being more of a factor though. I think this is the key. They moved him around (as they always do) but he spent most of the game on the interior. Perhaps running more stunts at the line, or last second shifts would help? Either way... he needs to contribute. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

barwin said in interview they would indeed "since its cold"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

The Texans defense can "try"....

... to utilize every blitz and stunt package they have.

... to NEVER show that blitz or stunt pre snap. Brady is pedestrian if he can't make that pre snap read. EVERY NFL QB is.

... to move JJWatt around on the line gaining better match ups

... to combine the previous three things in a way that creates pressure right up the middle over the under sized wendell and in Brady's face forcing him off the spot.

... to beat the crap out of the old, slow, and small Branch at the LOS

... to beat the crap out of WW at the LOS and disrupt his timing

... to beat the crap out of the soft finesse BL at the LOS

... to line someone up across from Gronk every play he's in and tomahawk his bad arm every time he passes by

... to purposely go for the strip anytime Ridley carries the ball

...to have their outside pass rushers start with speed outside and transition it to a bull rush straight in front of Brady. Give Brady the outside the pocket freedom, you don't have to contain him, just don't let him step up in the pocket.

... to create turnovers

The Texans offense can "try"....

... to start play action early even before establishing a running threat. The threat is already perceived. Don't just bang it in there twice for short yardage and leave Schaub in 3rd and long all day. He is already playing with little confidence as of late. Basically do NOT do what the idiot Vikings did to Webb.

... to use formations and personal groupings that will set up OD in a mismatch against our linebacking core. They are not good in coverage.

...to move AJ around to try and get the best advantageous matchup. Will be curious if Talib is stuck to him or just stays on one side.

...to throw AJ a few jump balls in the right match up and let him go get it.

...to pull out all the plays from the bowels of the playbook and use them if the timing and conditions/situation seems right. (i.e. fake punts, etc). It's win or watch form the couch time.

...to not turn the ball over

tehy will have heavier sets with the tes heallthy

on def reed is there

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Show up since they obviously didn't do that the last time we met.  Seriously though they ran a lot at Wilfork which I didn't get.  Completely effed up their offense because they couldn't run so play action wasn't that effective.  They also blitzed Brady far too much and he ripped them when they did.  Of course Wade always blitzes a lot which is why NE has owned his defenses for so long.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Use Foster with a huge FB or two TE-set (better blocking). Find some one(safety+CB) to cover either Gronk or Hernandez (both present huge match-up problems for most teams). Use Watt anywhere on the line (wherever's weakest) coupled with blitz packages (try to bring pressure up the middle). Get Owen Daniels involved early up the middle of field to set-up or draw coverage away from Johnson (deep threat on sidelines). Whether a fumble or INT do not turn the ball over.....and maybe make bold fashion statements after you win the Super Bowl (not happening).

I expect this game to be tighter than the regular season game. 27-20 Pats win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I read somewhere that the Pats run D was 9th overall. Not bad. I still use a FB or TE to seal the edge and let Foster get outside.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

barwin said in interview they would indeed "since its cold"

It's not going to be cold, mid 50's at game time, maybe they should were knickers and high socks this time...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

not worried. BB will do something differenlty and so houston will get pounded

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Really I think if Schaub doesn't go out there and totally crap his pants (like last time), then it will be a different game. I wouldn't call this team a cake walk by any stretch of the imagination. For all the people that say Watt had a bad game...he didn't. He may not of gotten sacks, but he got pressure and quarterback hits...he caused a fumble. They are going to have one more weapon on offense (their tight end) and one on defense (Reed). So basically they are going to have a weapon that they can use in the middle of the field (a place where we aren't exactly good in coverage) and a guy that can rush the passer (a place that may hurt us in our passing game).

In the end I think we are a better team...playing at home...in the cold. We should win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If I was them I'd get the ball first and come out in hurry up.  See what we put on the field and exploit a mis match.  They know we will look to stop the run.  I'd try to catch us off balance or make us use a TO quick.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

well there is that too...thanks for the expert analysis of the game

Considering you never have even delivered rudimentary analysis here, I am pretty sure you aren't in position to be using sarcasm in such a away.

isnt this where you are supposed to again cry that I said Sanchez was a good QB 2 years ago? I would also expect you to lay blame on Brady for the prior win against the Texans and tell us warnings were out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Dennis and Callahans show had Teddy Johnson on yesterday discussing this topic.

http://audio.weei.com/a/69591991/former-patriot-ted-johnson-tells-us-why-the-pats-will-win-on-sunday.htm

Sections
Shortcuts