What can TOM BRADY do with ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to find the OPEN MAN?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

Thank you O-Line for letting Brady play with all his new weapons/Toys!!!!

There is a really good thread from
    portfolio1 called What an Offensive Line!  Thanks a lot for the time you put into it portfolio 1. Many of the comments to your thread, i. e., blitz pick-ups from the RB's, TE blocking, Marcus Cannon waiting in the wings, etc., help to paint a promising picture of the possibilities this opens for us.

This is where I really NEED your help guys:

Let's assume we're somewhat on the money about our GREAT O-Line. Let's also assume that virtually All Defensive Coordinator's will be game planning for us every Sunday trying to get to Brady & take away our passing game (creating general havoc).

With a great O-Line, Blocking/Receiving TE's & Good RB’s on blitz pick-ups,
    how would you run this offense?

There's no simple answer since the Offensive Game Plan has to be tailored to the opponent...I know. But there are a lot of play calls that are somewhat generic and can/will be deployed by Brady at will this season. Here are some things we can do almost at will...

Use lots of 2 TE sets and run to set up Play Action. Just Ground & Pound to close out games.

Give Ridley & BJGE touches running off guard or tackle with both Gronks blocking and Hernandez/ Welker/Branch lining up ouside. 

Use more screens with Ridley and Woodhead, who both catch well and have great outside edge speed (remembering the moves Ridley showed in the preseason).  Don't know many better ways to beat the blitzes we should see all season.

Run tons of slant routes and cross patterns with Welker and Price (should give great YAC with Hernandez).

Gronkowski will dominate the flats and even longer routes up the middle (he'll own the center and can't be covered there). Look what he did 3 or 4 times in Miami -it's amazing how he catches everything with no drops either no matter how hard he gets slammed in the middle of the field during/after the catch!!!

We need a fast and furious tempo mixing in the no huddle whenever it will catch defenses off guard and wear out defenses like in Miami (great to watch the artistry in that one…a thing of beauty...best I've ever seen Brady run the no huddle).

Stretch the field with Slater and/or Price. Still can't see how Chad fits in yet, other than short, sideline back-shoulder plays. We need Price more than we need Chad to get in the mix because he's faster and runs like a deer... where's he at now?

I know...haven't even mentioned Edelman or Vereen yet or put Chad in the masterplan, but you get the idea, right?

What do you envision in our Offensive Game Plan this Sunday?

How should having a great O-Line be exploited this year?

Here's you big chance to
    PLAY CALL for Brady!!!

Really looking forward to some creative replies.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

Re: What can TOM BRADY do with ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to find the OPEN MAN?

that was a pretty post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

I let this guy named Brady throw the ball to players that are open.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

In Response to Re: What can TOM BRADY do with ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to find the OPEN MAN?:
    I let this guy named Brady throw the ball to players that are open.
    Posted by norichcrybabies

Yes norichcrybabies, it was a long post. But really would be interested to hear what plays you think would be successful behind this O-Line if you have the time. Thanks, Noah

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What the hell is so great about this O-line?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Your premise about the o-line being really good, I hope is true. However, if indeed the line+backs, TE... protect well and run blocks well this team can, and does score at will and really they have plenty of plays already.

I would like them to look at the games which ended their season the last 3 years TB was healthy (throw in the Lions preseason game too) and come up with some ways to attack those defenses in those situations. I think they have already changed personel  to be able to have more options when the o-line is challenged but I am not convinced they are not vulnerable to teams that have strong, active d-lines and the ability to disrupt the short passing routes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

they only gave up one sack and brady threw for over 500 yards. oline was solid last week, but that was last week, lets hope they are as good sunday at 415 vs the chargers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Strongside screens to Woody I want to see what Solder is like downfield (LB level). I want to see what Waters and Solder can do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

In Response to Re: What can TOM BRADY do with ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to find the OPEN MAN?:
    Strongside screens to Woody I want to see what Solder is like downfield (LB level). I want to see what Waters and Solder can do.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

I think the O-Line would like more of that as well. Traditionally BB has always had athletic , versatile , smart linemen. Guys that can move their feet with solid hand technique. They love getting downfield to the 2nd and 3rd level.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

Posted by JohnHannahrulz

We need to use more screens this seson. Something we used to be great at. The draw worked well in Miami too with Woodhead. We'll see a lot of blitzes from the Chargers, so I guess we'll see draws and screens again. Curious to see if Ridley gets any touches on screen plays. Why not Hennandez in a reverse or two?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

same thing that any other NFL QB can do when they have all day to throw. Secondaries can only cover for so long before someone becomes open. Maybe a better question would be - what do the Patriots have to do when Brady DOESNT have time to throw, cuz it's those few teams that I'm worried about come playoff time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I think edlemann is also a great person for screens, very shifty.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

As many options as possilbe from the running formation. I want to see opposing teams so skittish they use pass defense against the PAtriots running formation.

Sections
Shortcuts