What cost Pats the game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

What cost Pats the game

Very simple --the OFFENSIVE Line--they played their worst game in a while--I don't think they made the trip--these SPEED rushing D lines seem to always give the Pats problems--Giants and Baltimore in the playoffs?  Pats will be alright though -- Cinci coming off a horrendous game last week and Pats coming in on Back to back road games -- I think the Pats will regroup and Beat the Saints in their backyard next week  JMO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: What cost Pats the game

Not running the ball in from the 6" line

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The rain that came with 1:30 left on the last drive. No one could throw a ball in tht. Tv couldn't show how hard it was raining. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

The rain that came with 1:30 left on the last drive. No one could throw a ball in tht. Tv couldn't show how hard it was raining. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

Ill agree, it was nasty

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'll go with the downpour, within limits. 

The Patriots lacked Ridley and they lacked Vince Wilfork, so they were a bit weaker running the ball and they were weaker defending against the run.  Cincy had a lousy quarterback on the field this year -- zero games in a row with a touchdown -- while Tom Brady is pretty dependable -- 52 games in a row with a touchdown pass.    The rain took away the passing game. 

That said, Cincy is a pretty good team playing at home, and New England had its usual patchwork of rookie receivers cutting the wrong way combined with a big new hole in the Patriots' defensive line.  Geno Smith is a tremendous disruptor coming up the middle, taking away passing lanes, taking away the quarterback's ability to step into throws, and center is a weak spot in the Patriots' offensive line.  Sometimes you are what your record says you are.

At least it was a good game down to the last minute. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Sooo many reason, but this is number 1....  make no mistake.

The Pats were not called for a one penalty...  The stars were aligned for Cincy.. really.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Those were hurricane-like conditions at the end of the game. Not only the unbelieveably heavy rain, but the wind kicked up as well. Again, you may as well have been playing in a hurricane -- it was equivalent to that.

No QB could've thrown in those conditions. 

Let's go Pats!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Yup, yes, hello, bump, bingo, absolutely, heck yeah!  Considering the weather AND the horrible rhythm of the passing game that preceded it for 3+ qtrs.   

So, I ask: does that fall on J McD, BB, or TB?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Giving up a 3rd and 15 at the Cincy 2 at the end of the 3rd Qtr. the momentum of the game changed on that play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Blount is NOT a short yardage back. He's gangly, slow and hits the hole like your grandma. Makes Maroney look like Jim Brown. Ridley can't get back fast enough, not to mention Vereen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yup, yes, hello, bump, bingo, absolutely, heck yeah!  Considering the weather AND the horrible rhythm of the passing game that preceded it for 3+ qtrs.   

So, I ask: does that fall on J McD, BB, or TB?

[/QUOTE]

All of the above.  From 2" line you run a play that CANNOT LOSE yardage.  You only need 2".  This means QB sneak with Brady pointing the ball over the pile OR play action throw to wide open guy or throw it away incomplete.

the DUMBEST play is a slow developing off tackle run that an obviously penetrating defense stuffs for -2 yards which is what they ran.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

As it turned out, they needed 10 points ,  kicking a field goal in that rain would have been no picnic.

But then again , when mayo recovered that fumble, pats would have been down only 3 ... Different playcalling may have prevented that low% bomb on first down to covered rookie receiver .  Then a tying fg would have been the objective.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

Very simple --the OFFENSIVE Line

I agree....you get pushed around in the trenches, and you are going to pay. Kind of tough to run or pass with no blocking up front. The entire offensive unit stunk today. What happened to beating the rush with screens? What happened to beating the blitz with quick slants? Offensive dserves a solid F for that effort.

Too bad, even with big Vince gone, the D held it's own only allowing 13....what a wasted effort.

Oh well....on to next week....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

Very simple --the OFFENSIVE Line--they played their worst game in a while--I don't think they made the trip--these SPEED rushing D lines seem to always give the Pats problems--Giants and Baltimore in the playoffs?  Pats will be alright though -- Cinci coming off a horrendous game last week and Pats coming in on Back to back road games -- I think the Pats will regroup and Beat the Saints in their backyard next week  JMO

I like the optimism

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

granted, it started raining harder in the last 5 minutes of the game, but it's still a poor excuse for poor performance by the offense; including Brady.  That's like saying the Bengals didn't have to deal w/ the elements during the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Same reason they lose any game including the superbowl losses...

having fewer points than the other team at the end of the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

As far  as I saw it they had a decent running game in the first half until the fumble to which they went back to a weak passing game. Just who is making these decisions does not have confidence with either and it showed on the field. They need to take a long hard look in the mirror and start saying they can do it versus maybe we can do it... Worst game in years IMHO...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Offensive play calling looked to be without a plan, they took no shots downfield to Dobson or Thompkins, they used play action without establishing the run.  The run was working but they didn't stick with it, might have been because depth at RB was thin but they should have run the ground and pound with the cruddy conditions.  They converted one third down, they played poorly, I wouldn't lump it all on the O Line, on the receivers, Brady or even Josh McDaniels... they played poorly, that's all.  It happens...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Yeah it was ALL the o-line. Nothing to do with the bad play calling. The loss of the 1&2 RBs and Brady's inconsistancey at QB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

There are so many reasons.  O line and bad play calling followed by bad receiving and running which all caused terrible QB play.  It was huge offensive blunder.  Get Josh McD the hell out of here.

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

There are so many reasons.  O line and bad play calling followed by bad receiving and running which all caused terrible QB play.  It was huge offensive blunder.  Get Josh McD the hell out of here.

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

Brady excuser.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

But before the game the talking heads on CBS were saying Brady isn't impressive because his offensive line is the best in the NFL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I can't blame the rain at the end. I'm sorry but there was 58:30 other mins to play. If you put yourself in a position to lose in the last 1:30 because it starts raining you deserve to lose the game.

Not being able to run it in on the half a yard line is bad, Amendola flipping on his back instead of rolling might have got him in (don't think he thought anyone was close enough to touch him), Bolden not catching a screen with all that open space in front of him, Brady no noticing wide open WR's at times. There is a lot of blame to go around but when your O can't score a single TD that's the problem. Not 1 play, not 1 series, not 1 quarter but the entire game. You can't go an entire game and only give yourself 1 good shot at the endzone then fail in getting in. That just can't happen!

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Blount is NOT a short yardage back. He's gangly, slow and hits the hole like your grandma. Makes Maroney look like Jim Brown. Ridley can't get back fast enough, not to mention Vereen.

But...but...Babe said Blount is better than Ridley, are you disagreeing with Babe? Do you want to get ignored?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I don't know why the Pats poor performance is such a mystery.  

The Pats have struggled since opening day because THEY DON'T HAVE ANY OFFENSIVE WEAPONS because of injuries!

Depleted TEs, Depleted RBs, Depleted WRs.  How can you have an offense with undrafted and/or inexperienced players in key positions to move the ball...  

Until Gronk provides some threat at TE, Ridley can run, Vereen can add backfield pass option and DA plays healthy, we will continue to stink.  Hopefully they will all be available after we lose to NO and can get back on track to finish with a 11-5 season record.    

Sections
Shortcuts