What did Denver really fix.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Re: What did Denver really fix.

I think Elway caught on, teams can Defense this Offense. Crossing patterns, quick PICK Plays, and not having a Mobile QB, too predictable, (some familiar),you better hold Great Defensive Team to 21 points or less for a chance to win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

Denver did real good, just by adding Ward and Ware. Smart signings by Elway. They are using the rising Cap numbers, for next 2 years where they wont be in that trouble as many believe.

Agreed. Ward and Ware were great signings for Denver. If Ware is healthy, he could have a monster year. Ward is the intimidator at SS that every good defense needs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

There defense is better and, at the moment, they thought thwy were limiting the Patriots. By D. Thomas' own admission, he doesn't like facing off against Talib. By taking away Talib, and seeing what it did to us in the AFCCG, Elway thought he had won the AFC with that move.

BB getting Revis negates that signing, but Ware and Ward were good signings. Ware gives them a great pass-rusher to line up with Miller and Ward gives them a pressence for our style of offense. Ward isn't afraid of Gronk (Though he can't guard him either) and would level Edelman coming across the middle.

Elway went in with a great game plan, but BB could negate it all. Revis can take Thomas, if BB can sign a pass-rusher, maybe Lance Moore and hope Dobson comes back to 100%, BB wins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Talib probably won't even play in any playoff games, Demarcus Ware might have a resurgance, and TJ Ward is a hitter but that doesn't help the offense which just got a little weaker with the departure of Decker and Beadles.

Don't forget all-pro LT Ryan Clady returns this season.

You mean former All-Pro LT Ryan Clady, don't you??? Kinda like the PATS return former all pros Gronk, Mayo, and Wilfork?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Talib probably won't even play in any playoff games, Demarcus Ware might have a resurgance, and TJ Ward is a hitter but that doesn't help the offense which just got a little weaker with the departure of Decker and Beadles.

thats right... DECKER AND BEADLES are to me huge news for patriots.

plus our Defense is only getting better with REVIS and the health of key members.

Denver will have to play lights out all year to have a first round bye, so there is a chance de AFCCG could be played in NE.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

I am not sure it was Seattle hanging 43 points on them as it was Denver's  offense and special teams  giving them 21 points.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats's comment:

Elways is panicking with these moves.  They are good players but at a huge cost.  And no team has ever won the Super Bowl after making splashy free agent moves like this.  Ask the Redskins, the 2011 Eagles, and the Miami Dolphins from last year.

But the most important thing to consider, did any of those teams have Peyton Manning at QBand coming off a SB trip?

There is your x-factor!  Would the same apply to the Pats if they made the same moves after their AFCCG debacle?

Secondly, both the Pats and the Broncos have HoF QBs in the waning years of their careers.  Strike now or lose the oppt'y forever to get another ring for these two.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont think any one would criticize the Ward deal. If anything, I am wishing the PAts could have done that deal.

The Ware deal is too long for me. I would have prefered 1/$10 or 2/$16. 3/$30 is simply too long for Ware at his age IMO

I feel they over paid for Talib, no doubt, but he is an upgrade over DRC or Champ. If Harris is healthy, thats a very good duo

Losing Beadles hurts them.

I havent heard anything on Moreno?? Would not surprise me if he is back with them

Decker is not a big loss IMO..I can see them plugging in Collie and expanding Caldwells role.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats's comment:

Elways is panicking with these moves.  They are good players but at a huge cost.  And no team has ever won the Super Bowl after making splashy free agent moves like this.  Ask the Redskins, the 2011 Eagles, and the Miami Dolphins from last year.

But the most important thing to consider, did any of those teams have Peyton Manning at QBand coming off a SB trip?

There is your x-factor!  Would the same apply to the Pats if they made the same moves after their AFCCG debacle?

Secondly, both the Pats and the Broncos have HoF QBs in the waning years of their careers.  Strike now or lose the oppt'y forever to get another ring for these two.

The thing is the Pats have a playoff caliber QB, Denver doesn't!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Dude, Manning f'n schooled Brady in the AFC championship game. Take off the blinders for once.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

You mean former All-Pro LT Ryan Clady, don't you??? Kinda like the PATS return former all pros Gronk, Mayo, and Wilfork?

Sure, my bad. They return former all-pro, Ryan Clady. Happy?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Denver didnt fixed anything.  They already have three defense back on F/A's and brought in one.  They will likely lose two middle line backers (starter and back up), lost Decker, possible losing Moreno, and two offense linemen, etc.

They are likely going to lose more than 4 to 8 key players and brought in only two key players who both are either aging player or often injure proned player.

It will not be the same Denver team that went to the superbowl for the next season. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

What has Denver done to improve its chances of scoring more than eight points against one of those tough NFC defences?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

No team in this league has improved enough to face that Seattle defense. 

The questions is, can Seattle do it twice with slightly different personnel?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

Not sure after watching the SB Denver has done anything in FA to fix the reason why they lost. I would say the lost was more on the offense than the defense. Discuss!

Don't forget. Denver kicked the Patriots behind in the AFC Title game. {They outplayed them worse than the 10 pt margin.} Another thing. Along with Ware, Von Miller will be back. Vickerson will be back. Wolfe will be back. They'll have a very good D-line. Danny Trevathian is an excellent linebacker. They'll have Talib, Harris-{will be back}, the new safety they got and Moore will return in the D-backfield. They have depth in the D-line and some in the defensive backfield too.................Clady being back certainly makes up for Beadles {although Beadles did a good job.} Decker was NOT a "big game" reciever. He was NOT a 'prime time" guy. I wish he was back but winning or losing will NOT be predicated on Eric Decker. I believe when all is said and done they'll resign Moreno.............Their offense was horrible in the Superbowl. That is true. No argument. I don't think you can base an entire season on one game though. Denver was outclassed in the SB but they also had a bad game. It happens. To tell you the truth I thought one of the issues Denver had {and anyone else from the AFC would have had} was that the AFC {especially rushing the passer} was very mediocre last year. Did you really think the Patriots {with all their injuries} were a 12-4 team last year? Were the Broncos {with all their injuries} a 13-3 team last year?...I don't think so. So we'll see. Denver has had the BEST record in the AFC the past two years {13-3 and 13-3.} They'll be "right in the hunt." That is all anyone can ask for. If you are gonna base your whole year on winning a Superbowl you're gonna have alot of disappointing years. {When was the last time the Patriots won?} I'm glad the Broncos got Ware, and Talib and the safety.......ENJOY THE RIDE!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

It's insane to say they did not improve their team.

Thry have two premiere pass rushers and a good back end now. Add that to Vickerson, Miller, Wolfe, and Harris Jr and they have a very strong starting defense.

They will be very solid if healthy in the postseason.

Remember, Terrance Knighton was a monster against our oline. Add Miller and Ware around him and youve got oline problems

Knighton is a great example of why I say we must upgrade our O line (and D line) to be more dominant. We need a very good center, not a solid backup who starts for 16 games. Same at RG though I think getting better at C is more critical.

The reverse goes for the D line. We need to add a stud to anchor that line. Jones is very good at DE. But he is not the centerpiece of a D. Not a Richard Seymour who dominates the other teams line assignments and game planning.

Get a great C and a great Dlineman.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Thry have two premiere pass rushers and a good back end now. Add that to Vickerson, Miller, Wolfe, and Harris Jr and they have a very strong starting defense.

Remember, Terrance Knighton was a monster against our oline. Add Miller and Ware around him and youve got oline problems

If the Pats kept Talib and acquired Ware, would similar comments be made about the Pats on this forum?  IE - Did the Pats improve their team?

Some sour grapes here I think!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Ward and Talib are upgrades over Bailey and  RC "

Yup.

There is an element of dice roll to these moves but even though Babe has sided (kinda) with Rusty on this I disagree. Denver was the team to beat in the AFC heading into the offseason and these moves help. 

I'm not sure what Denver is supposed to do on offense to get better, they have enough weapons. 

Maybe they lost the Super Bowl more because of offense then defense but in general in a passing league to add good safeties and cornerbacks is a no-brainer. 

They may have overpaid on a couple of these guys, no doubt about that. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I heard a lot of debate on the radio today about Demarcus Ware being finished and stealing money from denver, and that ward was over rated? I think ward is a good player but he didn't get a very big contract from denver. Also talk that Talib was a head case before coming to N.E and has a severe injury history.  I guess it's all about individual perspective but solid points all around.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

But Ware was injured last year and deserves the benefit of the doubt. I would have loved to sign him but not at 20 guaranteed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Dude, Manning f'n schooled Brady in the AFC championship game. Take off the blinders for once.

Dude, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. The AFCCG was an abberation in Mannings game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

If the Pats kept Talib and acquired Ware, would similar comments be made about the Pats on this forum?  IE - Did the Pats improve their team?

Some sour grapes here I think!

Not sure, but I am sure the Pats would put up more than 8 points in the Superbowl without adding anyone. Until the Broncos find a way to put more than 8 points on the board, they haven't really improved themselves.

Sections
Shortcuts