What did you guys think of O-line play today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

What did you guys think of O-line play today?

I thought that the left side of the line seem to do better at run blocking than the right side.  It seemed most big strikes went left.  The interior line seemed to play well but I didn't like when woodhead was in there trying to run up the middle.  I though ridley should have been use more in the no huddle if possiable.  Left side of the line needs to improve pass blocking. All in all not too bad a day.

what did you guys see?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: What did you guys think of O-line play today?

Solder scares me in pass protection.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Better than expected, I thought--at least based on what we saw in the preseason.  Can't wait to get the coaches film on Game Pass to watch some of the line play more closely. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Right, I agree, most of the big runs were all to  the left side. The pass blocking needs to  get better. Brady did a decent job getting rid of the ball on  most plays. I think that woodhead was just giving ridley a breather, expectations go down when he enters the game.  When they went no huddle the protection was better as the defense looked tired.   The tight ends did a good job blocking when they had to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

agreed with all above.  I was actually pleased overall based on the horseapple performance we saw in the preseason.  Solder scares me in pass protection...he's much better in the run blocking dept.  I thought they all did a very decent job in run blocking.  I didn't notice too much of anything on the right side of the line, which means they did a good-enough job.

Gronk did a great job sealing the edge several times.  I was impressed with that and pleased that his ankle held up well enough with that much pressure on it.  A good sign going forward, to be sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I thought they were shaky, then when the started run blocking, they did better, and they started pass blocking better after that.  Just needs to come together.  Loved it by the end.  They were just imposing their will on the Titans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonPride34. Show BostonPride34's posts

better than i expected, but still needs improvement.....they could really use waters...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

those guys will be much better off when they can go off and be offensive linemen.  Sometimes you gotta just attack the other guys...not be a reactive defensive type of o-line (too many pass plays).

I think a combination is the best way to really wear another team down...by the fourth quarter, they were dictating terms.  Good to see that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ayisyen. Show Ayisyen's posts

Not great, not terrible, although Solder needs to find his inner Matt Light.  I can't believe how much we dogged Matt Light over the years, but I would love to have him starting right now.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

They looked much Better than I thought they would. Keep running!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Solder was awful in pass protection. He resorted to trying to clip people's legs out because he just couldn't stop anyone. 

Run blocking was good. The interior of the line is good. If they don't shore up left tackle Brady won't last this season through. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think it's going to be work in progress and if they had Waters back it would go a bit smoother.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Better than expected but hopefully it gets better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

did the job, but needs to get better

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Brady was sacked once because he didn't throw the ball away on a scramble.  The starting halfback averaged 6 yards a carry.  The O Line played great for opening day...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Not great, but adequate. They got blown off the ball on a few runs and passes. 

I agree ... I'm a little scared by Solder. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Not great, but adequate. They got blown off the ball on a few runs and passes. 

I agree ... I'm a little scared by Solder. 

yeah, on about 7-8 plays i wasnt counting, it seemed as thought the d was playing against air.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Better than expected, I thought--at least based on what we saw in the preseason.  Can't wait to get the coaches film on Game Pass to watch some of the line play more closely. 

who has got that pro?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to bredbru comment:
    [QUOTE]

who has got that pro?
    [/QUOTE]

Outside the US, the NFL sells "Game Pass" which gives you all the games live online (subject to some blackout restrictions if the game is on TV locally), plus an archive that includes the game as broadcast, a condensed version of the game, and the coaches film for the game (all of which you can watch whenever you want).  It's pretty cool. Don't think they sell it in the US, though.  I live in Canada now, so I can get it here. It doesn't work, though, when I go back to the states. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

No complaints about the play by the line today.

Yes, most of the better runs went left...as with most NFL teams. Where's the best OLineman on most teams play? LT. Where's the Pat's best OLineman play? LG. I saw Ridley get some nice runs right, and up the middle too though.

Nice solid pockets for Brady to step up in, no inordinate amounts of pressure. Hard to nitpick this one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Not sure how the O-line could have played better. If Tommy had thrown that ball today like he usually does he would have been untouched. Run game was dominant. Again, not sure how they could have played better?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Mankins was an absolute beast.  I think we all gave him a lot of crap last year because he didn't play particularly well, but man did he look good (at least to me) yesterday.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

They did a good job overall but Solder was shaky at time. That's why Brady got killed a couple of times and why they basically kept Gronk on Solders side

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Mankins was an absolute beast.  I think we all gave him a lot of crap last year because he didn't play particularly well, but man did he look good (at least to me) yesterday.

Don't know if you saw a previous article but Mankins was playing with a torn ACL, in his rt. knee. since game 1 last year.  Come the play-offs he tore his left ACL too., so he was playing with both knees tore up.  Can't criticize a guy for that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Good job in run blocking for the most part. Several of Ridley's runs you could have driven a truck through. 

Holding my breath every time Brady drops back to pass and I see Solder on the ground trying to trip his man. The Titans defensive line is pretty good, but if we are up against a team with a superior Dline, I will be very concerned. 

Sections
Shortcuts