What did you think of the jets draft? please leave all bias at the door.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: What did you think of the jets draft? please leave all bias at the door.

The Jests had pressing needs at WR and D-line as well as QB,while I like the trade they made to get Sanchez if only because they fleeced Mangina (who continues to show how ignorant he really is),They didn't need too move up to get Shonn Greene.They are not a playoff contender this year and though they added some nice pieces Scott,Leonard,and now Sanchez and Greene that's not going to be good enough this season and if the Phins and The Patriots continue to win their schedules will always be in the top 10% of tough schedules.As far as Burress is concerned,do they have a work release program at Rikers Island???? Because thats the only way he's playing in the NFL this season if at all!! Remember Goodell's policy on criminals is too suspend them.(but maybe he won't because the Jests are after all his old team:)So that means guys like Jerry Porter and any UDFA who claims he can be an NFL WR will get tryouts!!! I'll be placing my money on the Chalk next year,meaning in BB I trust!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]Delux I wa snot saying you said he was a bust what I meant is I have seen way too many people call him a bust so far and its too early for that. All that does is make Pats fans look like morons who cant step away from our love for the Pats to make a real judgement about a player. Sanchez might not pan out but i think he will either way its not time to call him a bust. In 3 years if he has not had a winning season yet then yes call him a bust but give the kid 3 years. Thats all I meant I was not trying to call you otu ro anything delux, not at all. I agree with the point that the Jets dont have much depth but if they stay healthy all year and catch a few lucky breaks they could be a playoff team, thats no joke. If teh Phins can go from 1-15 then the Jets can go from 9-7 to a playoff team. I agree they dont have depth but if they are lucky and dont catch the injury bug they could make a run at it. And its dumb of any Pats fan to look past anyone. Thats when you get cought slipping. Look at the Giants game, how many of you didnt give them a shot at all? you looked right past the Giants and we lost the super bowl. I was shocked when we lost that game but i was not surprised it happen because i gave them a shot, i knew they had a soldid D and big receivers that could challenge our DBs. because i took off my red/blue glasses and judged that game as a football fan and not a pats fan i was able to see that they could beat us and they did. Thats all i am saying is dont look past the Jets just because we hate them and their fans. they have a solid roster and a good head coach. A young QB with a good Oline, a good running game and a better then good defense. I think the thing that will hurt them the most is their lack of a true number one WR. They must feel dumb for cutting Coles now because he would have made them a better team. a young QB needs a group of WRs that can run good routes and be where they are sopossed to be and they dont have many good WRs. And TE Keller is only one year in so he cant be counted on much either as he is still a very young player. So they have wekanesses but they are not someone we should take lightly.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

I hear you Killa.  I wasn't taking offense to what you were saying..  I agree the Jets are pretty good and they could indeed make a run at it but my money is on the Pats.  When all is said & done with the off-season, this very well could be the strongest team they ever put on the field.

I think the coach will prove to be nothing more than a excellent defensive coordinator and be a bust as the coach.  Sanchez will create excitement and fill up their stadium and sell seats which is why it was good business to draft him.

At the end of the day though, I just don't think they stand a chance against the Pats!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Delux-Did you just say that this year the NE team will be putting out one of it's strongest teams ever? I'm sure that aware of the fact that Tom Terrifics knee will be in brace all year right? I'm also sure that you are aware that the NE teams Oline is weak at best when compared to other Olines in the league right? I'm also sure that you aware that when Brady does eventually go down the only backup you got is the kid O'connell right? Hey I'm all for team loyalty but to say the NE team will be one the strogest ever just doesn't hold water.I'm sure you'll agree now that it has been spelled out for you.
    Posted by Jets[/QUOTE]

Pion, while telling yourself these things might make yourself feel more confident about your Jerks I tend to appreciate the opinion of football experts (compared to you anyone that watches one game is an expert but back to the point).

NFL, ESPN, FoxSports, Vegas all have the Patriots favored to win the SB.  Go find out what the odd makers are giving the Jets.  You come here talk all sorts of smack and it's all the same Brady's knee blah blah blah, get over it he's not ever going to be available for you to date let that man crush go.

The truth is our O-line is not the same as it once was but we'll be able to help with the additions we've made.  The right side needs help and Tom will see those guys coming.  Taylor is a good blocker so that will also help, worry about your Jerks and don't worry doesn't matter how much you criticize our team they will still roll all over the Jerks.

Isn't it time for you to go get your medication your views are as screwed up as a football bat or a soup sandwich. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]Delux-Did you just say that this year the NE team will be putting out one of it's strongest teams ever? I'm sure that aware of the fact that Tom Terrifics knee will be in brace all year right? I'm also sure that you are aware that the NE teams Oline is weak at best when compared to other Olines in the league right? I'm also sure that you aware that when Brady does eventually go down the only backup you got is the kid O'connell right? Hey I'm all for team loyalty but to say the NE team will be one the strogest ever just doesn't hold water.I'm sure you'll agree now that it has been spelled out for you.
    Posted by Jets[/QUOTE]

Leon, thank you for your kind reply to my posting.  I find your comments most entertaining. 

You heard me right when I stated that this year will be the best football team the Patriots have ever put on the field.  Not just the starting 11 on offense & defense.  I mean the whole 53 man roster. 

I'm sensative to the fact you don't quite understand what I'm talking about.  The Jests have put all their eggs into the basket of aging free agents and over rated players in the draft.  Seems like they forget a championship is won by the WHOLE team contributing. Not just the starting 11.

No worries my little Leon.  I understand because you come from jets land, you may be misinformed and perhaps uneducated when it comes to winning a superbowl.  The game has changed so much since the sixties! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Leon my friend! I have been waiting for you to chime in. Listen smack talk aside, i hope you took the time to read through this thread before you started talking smack because we have some very good posts on the jets. We have been talking football. Now although like my fellow Pats fans of course my first instinct is to come to the defense of my team for what you said but i will try and take what you said and actually tak about it.

You are correct Tom Brady's knee will be in a brace all year, you also might want to know that your new rookie QB Sanchez has a knee brace as well from his college years so he comes into teh league already having a knee issue himself. Also Peyton Manning has been wearing a knee brace since he was drafted and he won a super bowl wearing that same knee brace so although i see what you are getting at and his knee COULD be an issue its way more likely he will play fine on his new knee brace just like i am sure Sanchez will do fine on his repaired knee.

You bring up a good point about our Oline but i think you are wearing your green glasses as well. Yes we have some issues on the oline but not as bad as you make it seem. In fact if you look at teh Jets Oline and the Pats Oline we were the last ones to send 3 guys to a pro bowl. But i dont like to messure a guy greatness by his pro bowls. Logan Mankins to me and to many others not just Pats fans is considered one of if not the best LG in all of football right now. Matt Light is gonna need to be replaced sooner or later but he will still be a above average LT next year, Dan Koppen is a top 5 center in the NFL, Steve Neal if he can stay healthy is a good RG and he is coming into this season with a clean bill of health and at RT we have a big weakness. I dont like Nick Kazcur and i dont think he is a very good starter so our right side of the line is the weaker side but its still a solid Oline. Good enough to make a run at a title thats for sure. I also think the Jets have a good Oline as well either on par with our or better.

the last thing you pointed out was that Brady will go down at some point, thats your point of view not a fact so if he does stay healthy all year that point is moot. We only need a good back up if he gets hurt again but since we cant tell teh future thats has nothing to do with the conversation at hand. In fact your QB situation is a bigger concern at this point then ours. Kevin O Connel is our only back up right now and i am sure we will bring in a veteran before the season starts but if Matt Cassel can be coached up into a good QB this kid can be as well, he was a 3rd round pick and has all teh tools to be a good QB he just needs time to develop which he has.

Delux had a good point this might be the strongest 53 man roster we have ever had we have depth at every spot except maybe QB where we could use a 3rd option. The Jets lack depth from what i can see but if they stay healthy they will be a team to watch.