What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?

In response to "Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : Prolate - I am just responding to the unreasonables who refuse to acknowledge any patriot related blemishes either performance related or otherwise or would and have attacked Manning's career. As it relates to Belichick and spygate, I deem his action as very Nixonian.  Clearly he's a phenomenal coach and at the time had a phenomenal team.  The actions were incredibly unnecessary given all of that. Posted by UD6[/QUOTE] He's always been a film study guy. I suspect it was just a longstanding habit of his to film the sidelines and he was slow to change when the league started to crack down on it. I don't think it was clearly illegal until the NFL sent notice to the teams specifically forbidding in-game filming from the sidelines. BB's claim that he thought the NFL only banned filming if the tape was used during the game always seemed a stretch, but it is still somewhat plausible that he believed that--or at least wanted to believe that so he could continue doing what he was accustomed to doing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : And I disagree with you that Manning is better than O'Donnell.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I can't believe you would compare Manning to Rosie O'Donnell.
    Yes she is one hell of a line backer, but as a QB I doubt she makes the grade, she hates balls to begin with! Yell

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?": He's always been a film study guy. I suspect it was just a longstanding habit of his to film the sidelines and he was slow to change when the league started to crack down on it. I don't think it was clearly illegal until the NFL sent notice to the teams specifically forbidding in-game filming from the sidelines. BB's claim that he thought the NFL only banned filming if the tape was used during the game always seemed a stretch, but it is still somewhat plausible that he believed that--or at least wanted to believe that so he could continue doing what he was accustomed to doing.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

BB had reason to believe what he contended was so.

Per Goodell's memo "or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game". Clearly the intent of the memo was about use for that game. The bylaws and Game day manual have similar stipulations related to the game being played.

In a court setting BB would have had a good case because even the adversarial witness Wash admitted no tapes were used the day of the game. But in the Goodell kangaroo court BB's defense was tepid.

A good lawyer would tear these amateurish documents to shreds before a judge and BB would walk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : I can't believe you would compare Manning to Rosie O'Donnell. Yes she is one hell of a line backer, but as a QB I doubt she makes the grade, she hates balls to begin with!  
    Posted by Stommpper[/QUOTE]

The big question is; given the opportunity, would Peyton assault her indecently?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr Bojangles. Show Mr Bojangles's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : I don't wish to get into a pis-ing match, but Roger Goodell said the pats cheated when he said the pats actions represented a calculated effort to avoid longstanding rules designed to promote fair play. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA.....You're funnier posting under your other alt..!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?": If we're being honest here Tom didn't play very well in the 07 playoffs either. 3 ints in the afc game against the chargers and 14 Points against the gints in the SB. Now what is more reasonable to conclude, that Brady suddenly became "un clutch"? Or that defense's caught up with our scheme? I personally do not think Brady some how lost his ability to make good decisions with the game on the line. I think our offense is easier to predict when the game is on the line and it has lead to some losses in close games. Passing 90 times and running 33 times against the best pass rush in the league in 2 SBs will make any QB look bad IMO. I don't know how you could blame the QB for that? He doesn't "coordinate" the offense, that is somebody else's job.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

^This^

The only difference between Brady of today and yesterday was style of play. The Pat's of old were ranked in the top of the league in rushing attempts, first downs and time of possession. These things all go hand in hand.

The Pat's of 2001 were the most talent deficient Pat's team to make it to a Super Bowl in the Belichick era and they won. We won with Troy Brown, Deion Branch and David Givens as our leading receivers, we won with Troy Brown playing nickel corner... we won.

The only common denominator is the run game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? :The Pat's of old were ranked in the top of the league in rushing attempts, first downs and time of possession. These things all go hand in hand.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Same old broken record. Get this through that cinderblock you call a head - BB is way ahead of you on coaching a football team. Duh.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : ^This^ The only difference between Brady of today and yesterday was style of play. The Pat's of old were ranked in the top of the league in rushing attempts, first downs and time of possession. These things all go hand in hand. The Pat's of 2001 were the most talent deficient Pat's team to make it to a Super Bowl in the Belichick era and they won. We won with Troy Brown, Deion Branch and David Givens as our leading receivers, we won with Troy Brown playing nickel corner... we won. The only common denominator is the run game.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

The O was second in 1st downs and were tied for 1st in 3rd down conversions in 2011 with a slightly, substandard running game.

Do you know why they rank the D by OPPONENTS Top?
    They always rank the D by what they allow the OPPONENT to do.  Always.
    They were ranked 27th in OPPONENTS Top.
    Do you know the Offense can't have a high Top if the OPPONENT'S O has a high Top?  It's impossible. 
    If one is above 30 minutes the other HAS TO BE below 30 minutes by the same amount of time the other team is over.
    The Offensive Top is what's left from the OPPONENT'S Offensive Top.

If the O was second in 1st downs and 1st in 3rd downs, why wasn't their Top better?  They had more plays per possession, so it should be high. Right?
    Know why it wasn't? 
    Cause the Pats had Less possessions than the rest of the league.  If their possessions were on par with the rest of the league and they were 1st in 3rd downs and second in 1st downs their ToP would be high.
    Simple, the O isn't going to have a high ToP until the D can get off the field.   The O can not control the clock if their OPPONENT's O is controlling the clock.  Period!  The D allows the OPPONENT'S O to control the clock.  UGH

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : Babe you hit the nail on the head regarding Manning and the dome.  Manning is 3-6 in the playoffs outdoors 58.7 comp %  8 Td's 11 picks 266 yds pg QBR 72.7. Playoffs indoors 6-4  67.6 comp % 21 Td's  8 picks 321 yds pg  102.7 QBR. The disparity in the numbers speaks volumes about horse heads ability to play in the elements and his lack of mental toughness when it comes to winning in the playoffs on the road outdoors.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

Another factor often overlooked is where he plays when he actually is outdoors. Texas, Tennessee and Florida are one hell of a lot more numbers friendly to a QB than NE, NY, and Buffalo.

I've also wondered about FetusHead's choice of Denver. His arm is weaker - but the air is thinner - maybe that compensates? I wouldn't put it past him to calculate such a thing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? :  The O can not control the clock if their OPPONENT's O is controlling the clock.  Period!  The D allows the OPPONENT'S O to control the clock.  UGH
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry what was the offense's TOP in 2011?  Here I'll answer for you 27th...
    the run game, they were ranked 16th. 

So even though the Giant's and Pats threw the same amount of passes in the Super Bowl, yet the Giant's ran it ten more times, you see no correlation to their winning the time of possession?

You are too stubborn to admit that the very premise of our offensive system, the same system the Giant's used to bleed us dry in two Super Bowls, is to run the ball and control the clock.

It's been the basis of the Ernhardt-Perkin's offensive system since it's inception. You think you know better than over thirty years of positive results because you've mastered the junk science of "because I said so" as an argument. 

Read some history first, do some research and you won't sound so silly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots_strategy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Let me expound:

The Erhardt - Perkins system has at times had a reputation (whether or not earned) of being a traditional smash mouth offense that maximizes a team's time of possession and does not as frequently call upon its running backs to serve as receivers.[2] Erhardt was famous for his adage, "throw to score, run to win."[3] This may have been especially true during the years Bill Parcells ran this system as the head coach of the New York Giants.[4] This system is thought to be particularly well suited for teams playing in harsh outdoor weather conditions of the northeast of the United States.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

*Rushing attempts in 2001: 8th regular season/2nd in postseason = Super Bowl win

*2002: ranked 28th = 9-7 record

*2003: ranked 12th, both the Panthers and Pats ranked 1-2 in post season rushing attempts, both made the Super Bowl coincidentally = Super Bowl win

*2004: ranked 5th, #1 in postseason = Super Bowl win

*2005: ranked 18th and 6th in playoffs = 2nd round exit

*2006: 6th regular season, barely ran in their two playoff games = 2nd round exit

*2007: 9th, 45 rushing yards in Super bowl = Super Bowl loss

*2008: 4th, went 11-5 with a QB who didn't start one game in college 

*2009: 6th, didn't run in the playoffs vs Ravens = 1st round exit

*2010: 10th, Didn't run vs Jest's = 1st round exit

*2011: 17th, Didn't continue running vs Giants = how much longer can this go on?

Do I need to go on?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wozzy, you dont get it. We HAD to pass because it was a low possession game, and we were winning, so obviously we had to pass.(right pezz?) Don't you see? Because the Giants used a clock controling offensive game and our defense still held them to 13 points in 7 possessions we had to throw the football all day against the #1 rated pass rush. Makes perfect sense......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]Wozzy, you dont get it. We HAD to pass because it was a low possession game, and we were winning, so obviously we had to pass.(right pezz?) Don't you see? Because the Giants used a clock controling offensive game and our defense still held them to 13 points in 7 possessions we had to throw the football all day against the #1 rated pass rush. Makes perfect sense......

LOL

That makes sense because the stat's above are way too confusing apparently...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : LOL That makes sense because the stat's above are way too confusing apparently... Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE] Man, with all of the talk a lot of us have had about the SB, I don't think I ever appreciated the fact that despite the Gints clock controled keep away offense, our D held them to 13 points in their 1st 7 possessions....which happened to be 55 minutes of game time. Wish we could have somehow kept them off the field a little more in the 2nd half.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : I'm sorry what was the offense's TOP in 2011?  Here I'll answer for you 27th... the run game, they were ranked 16th.  So even though the Giant's and Pats threw the same amount of passes in the Super Bowl, yet the Giant's ran it ten more times, you see no correlation to their winning the time of possession? You are too stubborn to admit that the very premise of our offensive system, the same system the Giant's used to bleed us dry in two Super Bowls, is to run the ball and control the clock. It's been the basis of the Ernhardt-Perkin's offensive system since it's inception. You think you know better than over thirty years of positive results because you've mastered the junk science of "because I said so" as an argument.  Read some history first, do some research and you won't sound so silly. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots_strategy
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Good grief man, The Offensive ToP ranking is the Same as the Defensive ToP Ranking.  High minutes for 1 = low minutes for the other.
    ugh!
      33 minutes for the defense=27 minutes for the offense.
    33 minutes is ranked 27th for the D as 27 minutes is ranked 27th for the O.
    Please try and understand.  The O cannot control Top if the Defense is allowing the OPPONENTS O to control ToP.  Only one team's O can control the Top.
    If one teams O is controlling the ToP it's because the D is allowing it />  Period!
    The jints had 11 more plays total.  Who cares what the run/pass ratio was.
    The D allowed a much higher pass completion % and a higher run total.
    The jints O was allowed 26 1st downs (3.25 per possession) which was 6 more than the Pats were allowed and more 3rd downs and a higher scoring percentage@ 50%.  The 1st down/possession should be closer to 2, not 3.25.
    That is why they controlled Top, not because they ran more.
    Completed passes can take more time off the clock and get more yards than runs.
    Eli was allowed to complete 75% of his passes. 
    Yes, the jints had a better run/pass % but it was the completed passes that killed the Pats.  One 3 & out would have eliminated 7 of those extra plays the jints enjoyed.  The Pats couldn't even force a 6 & out, in fact there were several 10 & outs.    ugh...  
    You can't control Top if the D has the ball for most of the game.  Get it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Wozzy, you dont get it. We HAD to pass because it was a low possession game, and we were winning, so obviously we had to pass.(right pezz?) Don't you see? Because the Giants used a clock controling offensive game and our defense still held them to 13 points in 7 possessions we had to throw the football all day against the #1 rated pass rush. Makes perfect sense......

No we had to pass because the D could never hold a lead, thus they wanted to score more, as they have been doing ever since the D started to suck.
    Which takes more time, a 4 yrd run or a pass completion with 9 YAC?
    The Pats O had 17 pts in those same 7 possessions, which is more than 13.
    What happened? 
    Same thing that always happens unless the O is up by 3 scores with 5 minutes left.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : No we had to pass because the D could never hold a lead, thus they wanted to score more, as they have been doing ever since the D started to suck. Which takes more time, a 4 yrd run or a pass completion with 9 YAC? The Pats O had 17 pts in those same 7 possessions, which is more than 13. What happened?  Same thing that always happens unless the O is up by 3 scores with 5 minutes left.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

That is so stupid, that is dumber than a bag of dildos.  The Pat's HAD a 21 point lead against the Bills last season at the half, they refused to run in the 2nd half and the Bills came back and won.  It's called "running down the clock" or another example of clock management which you know nothing about.

The following game against the Raiders the Pats ran for their season high on the ground and leading up to and following the game all Tom Brady and BB spoke about being "balanced," they said it, not me.

New England coach Bill Belichick said. "We always want to have balance and we were able to have it today."

“It’s the key,” wide receiver Deion Branch commented about the balanced approach, before qualifying, “but it’s week-to-week. I even said this last week [against Buffalo]: ‘Hey, we threw the ball a lot last week. Another week we may run the ball a lot.’ Which we did today. It’s always a plus when you run the football. It opens up a lot of things in the passing game, which it did [today]. We knew they could do it.”

I can imagine you back in the dark ages arguing that the world was flat...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's really simple, pezz. Run a lot and you win. You know like Denver and Jacksonville and Houston and SF and KC and Miami and Oakland. Those teams ran the most last year and all of them won the Super Bowl. It's amazing really that wozzy and true champ get It and BB doesn't. .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Everything you say contradicts football history, Patriot's history, the offensive system they employ and simple logic. 

Your ridiculous statistical analysis of "time of possession of each drive" is ludicrous. You really think that Belichick is sitting there in game timing each drive with a stop watch and that's why he decides to pass?  Even though, during just about every time out or offensive possession, you can find him over at the bench speaking with the defenders.  

Really, you think O'Brien was good?  That Mangin-a was good? Even though neither of them won a Super Bowl ring or even won a significant playoff game...

I'm writing you off as one of the clueless, I don't mean to be insulting but you're absolutely lost.

Really, take a look at my breakdown on a yearly basis of rushing attempts and the season's outcome and tell me that your convoluted stat's that need a secret decoder ring to understand make more sense.

For the LAST time; Stop playing fantasy football, it's rotting your brain and making you think that fantasy points are the same as a good team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]It's really simple, pezz. Run a lot and you win. You know like Denver and Jacksonville and Houston and SF and KC and Miami and Oakland. Those teams ran the most last year and all of them won the Super Bowl. It's amazing really that wozzy and true champ get It and BB doesn't. .
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

And no that's not what we're saying, for a team that CAN pass a running game makes you stronger.

When is one dimensional better, really, in what sport, fight, competition, parchese?  When is being less fluid, more rigid, having more options a bad thing? Only in Pezz, Prolate, Booob's world.  

Tom Brady vs the world... how has that worked out since they scuttled the run game?  Zero Super Bowl wins vs the three they actually won running the ball.  

That's your answer you condescending, smug know it all's...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The funniest part of this whole thing is I can see where you're coming from, completely understand that the defense hasn't been amazing. But you can't see past the end of your noses, zero compromise, and that's a sure sign of a fool.

To quote Belichick, "if you can't admit there is a problem you can't possibly hope to improve."  

I have to assume that's why he has brought every tightend, fullback into camp he could find. Why he revamped his running game and brought a bunch of young horses in to run with.  

Why Brady just recently said the team has to improve it's "four minute" or set offense.  A thread that you all decided to ignore BTW... not coincidence I think...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to "Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : And no that's not what we're saying, for a team that CAN pass a running game makes you stronger. When is one dimensional better, really, in what sport, fight, competition, parchese?  When is being less fluid, less rigid, having more options a bad thing? Only in Pezz, Prolate, Booob's world.   Tom Brady vs the world... how has that worked out since they scuttled the run game?  Zero Super Bowl wins vs the three they actually won running the ball.   That's your answer you condescending, smug know it all's... Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE] One dimensional is not better and no one is claiming that. All we're saying is that the coaches aren't idiots who forgot football history and logic. I don't believe that you and true champ are better offensive coordinators than Bill O'Brien. Sorry, but if you were, you'd be making millions coaching an NFL or NCAA offense too. Nor do I believe for an instant that BB stares at the defense all game and ignores what's going on on offense--especially not if he mistrusts the offensive coordinator. Maybe rather than whining and complaining about BO'B you and true champ should assume that he knows more about football than you do and try to understand why he's doing something different than what you think he should do. Maybe then you'd learn something. Reading Wikipedia is not helping right now. There are clear reasons why the Pats didn't run more last year--primarily because their defense wasn't dependable enough to hold leads in close games and their running game was, at best, average. These weaknesses dictated a different kind of offensive play calling than what was effective in the early 2000s when the defense was better and the running game better or equal. This is obvious. What's absurd is assuming at Bill O 'Brien is stupid and Bill Belichick too concerned about the defense to do anything about it in the biggest freakin'' game of the year!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to "Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?": [QUOTE]The funniest part of this whole thing is I can see where you're coming from, completely understand that the defense hasn't been amazing. But you can't see past the end of your noses, zero compromise, and that's a sure sign of a fool. To quote Belichick, "if you can't admit there is a problem you can't possibly hope to improve."   I have to assume that's why he has brought every tightend, fullback into camp he could find. Why he revamped his running game and brought a bunch of young horses in to run with.   Why Brady just recently said the team has to improve it's "four minute" or set offense.  A thread that you all decided to ignore BTW... not coincidence I think... Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE] There is a problem. I've been saying for more than a year now that the team's defense needs to improve and that the offense has to be more diverse. That means a better running game, better receiving out of the backfield and a better perimeter or deep threat. The problem last year is that the team lacked the talent it needed to be diverse. It wasn't that O'Brien and Belichick were stubborn or temporarily dumb--it was that they didn't have the horses to play anything other than what they did play and still win a lot. I said all year that this team wasn't good enough talent wise to win a super bowl without extraordinary coaching. I thiink O'Brien and Belichick did a great job with the talent they had. I acknowledge their greatness. Maybe you think that's "smug" but honestly i'm getting tired of you and true champ repeating the same tired formulas on every thread without giving the coaches the benefit of the doubt and trying to learn why they did it differently than you think they should have.