What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?

It's pretty lame that QB's play over 500 games a year in the NFL but only 2 play in a meaningful game once per season. That's hundred of games they play for nothing. What a waste of time.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?:
    [QUOTE]I just remember back then...If there was less than 2:00 left on the clock, I had NO doubts the Pats would march right down the field, and put 6 on the board... I mean, minus last season, we saw how the past few postseasons went...it was starting to be asked if Brady can even win a playoff game anymore...I'm hopeful this season will be the one...I think defense wont be as much of a problem and Brady wont have to contstantly put up points on each drive.
    Posted by ReeGzUSMC[/QUOTE]

They usually marched down the field and put 3 on the board with 2:00 left.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Way too many factors to let the last 2 superbowls rest on TB's shoulders. Last time I checked, this is a TEAM sport. There are too many other plays in each of those games where the TEAM could have made a better play. Give Tommy boy a decent running threat (and actually use it)....give him some protection against getting mauled (see the 07 SB)....and give him a defense that can get off the field in critical situations, and we have 5 Lombardis. Blaming Brady for a plethora of TEAM mistakes is just short sighted. That doesn't make me a "koolaide drinker"....it makes me one who understands that 1 man doesn't make a TEAM.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Without reading all of the responses, but seeing alot of defense of Brady, I'll simply say that the original post is not at all different from the way this board has  characterized Manning over the years. 

The pats have become the colts of old.  Offense reliant.  With a big lead, the pats will crush the opposition.  In a tight game against a good defense, there are no guarantees.  They'll win some they'll lose some because the defense can't be counted on and the pressure on the offense is immense. 

If pats fans stand by their characterization of Manning, then they must apply that same characterization to today's Tom Brady. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : What you are not saying is Brady not Welker caused us the game Welker did his job by getting open and Brady missed the throw badly trade him why we can still get two number 1's after this year.
    Posted by vegasredsox[/QUOTE]

I don't think he is saying that at all! Is this some sort back handed sarcasm? On the pass to Welker, Brady got a 26 to 30 yard pass close enough for him to get both hands on it.  Was it a perfect throw? No...but again how many Qb's miss passes like that all the time.  You act like he spiked the ball two feet in front of Welker and that he had no shot on the catch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : LOL u love to ramble I can see....Your name looks like the alphabet got into a car crash, and that Cat in your picture sucks! and P.S. : How many playoff games has Brady won since 07?? how many did he win from 01-07?? I'm a Pats fan, and not just a Cool-Aid sipper....your just in some Cult, camped out in the middle of the woods with your buddies, inside a tent with Tom Brady Fat Head stickers all on the inside....Moving on...

Wait, so you managed to both take my post with some degree of serious intent, AND you managed to interpret my sarcastic intent 100% incorrectly?

Impressive feat.

Question to ALL: I'm not sayin' this guy's a Jets Fan attempting to pose as a Pats Fan, BUT- I do recall him coming on here for the very 1st time somewhere in the early stages of last year's offseason during which time we suddenly had a dozen or so new names on this forum, attempting to push very negatively polarizing Pats issues to the forefront over and over, by bringing up these heated topics in a second-hand off-remark type of way, and acting sorta querilous and deferntial, in the "I'm just sorta <gee, shucks> askin' is all," type of way to forward each & all of these heated topics.
    ...It's just sorta- well, gee-shucks- sorta coincidental an' all;  Ya know, the past precedent and the rehashing of this topic after we finally stopped arguing about it for 1 entire day (1 full day that it wasn't on this forum's frontpage in large part).  Just- well, gee-whiz- Why would any Pats poster to this forum (minus babe), wish to stir up the same hornet's nest and negative comments to each other after we've done it 50X a day, every single day, for the past 6 months here?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]brady didnt drop a game clinching 3rd down conversion.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

He had a safety, INTs and could not convert a first down to run the clock down.

If you want to pull a Babe and claim the safety didn't matter than consider the difference between having to get into field goal range to having to score a TD

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : He had a safety, INTs and could not convert a first down to run the clock down. If you want to pull a Babe and claim the safety didn't matter than consider the difference between having to get into field goal range to having to score a TD
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

Yes Brady had a few bad plays.... Now start naming all the key plays D did or didn't do.  How many third and longs did they give up?  How about the coaching? Did the do an great job at game planing and Brady just didn't execute. The safety was directly caused by our O-cord getting too cute deep in our own territory, with a play that took too long to develop and the o-line not ready to hold 4 D-Line w/ seven blockers.

It was a TEAM LOSS. O, D, ST, all failed to make a few extra plays and coaching failed to call that one key call that caught the other team by surprise.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's a team sport, the team has to be better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : Which side of the ball do you think played CLOSER to their ceiling? The O or the D?
    Posted by CliffordWasHere[/QUOTE]

Actually the O played closer to their reg. season stats than the D.
    They scored on 38% of their possessions which is higher than the league ave. but slightly lower than the team ave.  The team average was very high.
    Pick stats are equal in the SB as to their average.
    Top was slightly better than league average per possession.
    Scoring average w a 2/1 TD to FG ratio is better than the league average.
    points/possession is better than the league average but not up to team average which again, was very high.

The D with their pitiful reg season stats played worse than even that.
    Opp yrds/game ranked 31st
    opp plays/game, ranked 30th
    opps yrds/plays, ranked 3oth
    opps 1st dwns/game, ranked 31st....allowed 22 in reg season and 26 in SB.
    opps 3rd dwn/game ranked 13th with 13.2 but allowed 18 in the SB.
    opps 3rd dwn con/game 25th with an average of 5.7.  They allowed that many on 2 drives. ugh
    opp Top/ game ranks 27th with 31.27 but allowed almost 38 in the SB. awful!
    opps ToP %. ranked 27th, with a 52.49% but in the SB allowed 63%  horrendous!
    opps 1st down/ play/27th and allowed 3.25 per possession in the SB. 
    That's nutts.
    They also had 2.6 recovered turn overs per game but in the SB, they had zero.
    Low score = low possessions, caused from all of the above.
    Looks like if they even played up to their regular season stats on D, they would have won.  But, they didn't.  Not even close.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to "Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : Which side of the ball do you think played CLOSER to their ceiling? The O or the D? Posted by CliffordWasHere[/QUOTE] With a hobbled Gronk and a fading Branch.... The O still had us in position to win. So to answer your question the D did not get one three and out, turn over or critical stop, I have to pick the D if that is my only option. Personally I think it was play calling on both sides of the ball... So my real answer is the coaching under performed the most.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to "Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?": [QUOTE]Without reading all of the responses, but seeing alot of defense of Brady, I'll simply say that the original post is not at all different from the way this board has  characterized Manning over the years.  The pats have become the colts of old.  Offense reliant.  With a big lead, the pats will crush the opposition.  In a tight game against a good defense, there are no guarantees.  They'll win some they'll lose some because the defense can't be counted on and the pressure on the offense is immense.  If pats fans stand by their characterization of Manning, then they must apply that same characterization to today's Tom Brady.  Posted by UD6[/QUOTE] Honestly, I never thought the criticism of Manning was fair and I don't think the criticism of Brady is any more justified. Both of these guys are about as good as you can find and both give you an excellent chance of winning just about any game, big or small. Sure, Brady is human and he makes some mistakes. He may also push a little more now than he did in the past because the expectations and demands placed on him are higher than ever, but I still think he generally performs at as high a level as you can reasonably expect and he does it as consistently as just about anyone. The real issue with the Pats in the last few years has been a lack of good defense and an offense that doesn't have a diverse enough selection of talent. Brady, in my opinion, is the least of this teams problems.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I just remember back then...If there was less than 2:00 left on the clock, I had NO doubts the Pats would march right down the field, and put 6 on the board... I mean, minus last season, we saw how the past few postseasons went...it was starting to be asked if Brady can even win a playoff game anymore...I'm hopeful this season will be the one...I think defense wont be as much of a problem and Brady wont have to contstantly put up points on each drive.

Yeah, that TD in the '07 SB with 2:42 left to take a lead after getting slammed all day long by poor O-line play really shows how he just can't play clutch anymore.

Where the hell do you people come from? Probably just another Rusty the troll account.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Derek Wolfe thought something was strange when he heard a roar as he emerged from the locker room at the Denver Broncos’ practice field. Is this really how Denver fans treat the arrival of second-round draft picks at the start of training camp? “(The fans) made a pretty big fuss,” Wolfe said. “I was like, ‘Why are they yelling so crazy for me?’ Then I looked behind me and it was (Peyton) Manning standing there.” Manning’s first camp day as a Denver Bronco was met with unprecedented fan excitement. Some fans were in line to attend the free practice at 4:30 a.m. Thursday and the team announced a record crowd of 4,372 for a camp practice. The previous record was 3,103. A crowd of at least 75 reporters huddled around Manning after his first camp practice in Denver. It’s real, Manning is a Denver Bronco. And he looked fantastic. “He’s as accurate as he’s been in the past and I don’t expect anything less from him,” Denver cornerback Champ Bailey said. Slowly, the focus is moving away from whether Manning can come back from a neck injury that cost him the entire 2011 season. He has made major strides throughout the offseason. Sunday, there were no signs of a quarterback struggling with his health. ESPN medical analyst Stephania Bell told me she was impressed by the tempo Manning, 36, led Thursday. It is another sign that Manning is all-in and the team is not holding him back. “The arm strength was there, his passes were on time,” said ESPN analyst Tom Jackson, who was part of the network’s coverage team. “He was Peyton Manning.” For Manning, Thursday’s practice was another important step on his way back to the field. Manning remains methodical in his progression, but the idea of finally getting back in action for the first time since January, 2011 spurs him. “I have missed it, and I’ve never taken it for granted to be out there playing,” Manning said. “I had been playing for 13 years straight and never missed a game since I’ve been playing quarterback in the seventh grade. That’s a lot of consecutive games, a lot of Fridays or Saturdays or Sundays to be playing a game, so I’m glad to be back in more of a normal routine, in a practice routine.” And so are the legions of his new fans in Colorado.
    Posted by ManningRules[/QUOTE]

What are exactly the "ManningRules"? He gets to sexually assault women and Daddy pulls strings to get him off?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I agree. The Pats offense had to be Flawless all season, to make up for the defense...I agree with all of that, but until last season, the Pats were struggling in the Post season. We all remember the heartbreaking blowout to Baltimore. And then the Jets. The Pats did win some meaningful postseason games last year, but I think the Caller was just pointing out the fact that Brady has looked a LOT different in these big games, than he used to. I am hopeful that this season will prove differently. I think our D will play a lot better with all the youth mixed in with the veterans.

Look, it's pretty simple. The caller's an imbecile. Don't follow suit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]lets see In the 1st Sb Giants loss TB took them down the field for a go ahead TD and then our all pro CB dropped an INT and then the jump ball Helmet 1 ina billion catch the irony - if AS holds thd damn ball TB surpasses Joe M of being the greatest QB ever on the greatest team ever In the last Sb he had a win b4 a 1 in 10 catch and he was with out his best receiver Gronk -being Gronk They came back to get a lead and the giant D was better btw  all of a sudden there is a lot of talk of Eli ready for the HOF right now - hmm he's had 1 very good season and 2 SB wins where the real mvp was the Giants D line He's really only one "evade a sack" and made "one great pass" if AS had caught the damn ball eli would have been out of NY with the coach
    Posted by seawolfxs[/QUOTE]

If Eli gets in the Hall it's going to be a Namath/Bradshaw like selection. His numbers don't merit that by any means.

Really, they should co-induct him and the Pats' defense if they're going to put him in. They completely made the guy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE] Really, they should co-induct him and the Pats' defense if they're going to put him in. They completely made the guy.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

It's sad but kinda true :(

Sections
Shortcuts