What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?

In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : I don't wish to get into a pis-ing match, but Roger Goodell said the pats cheated when he said the pats actions represented a calculated effort to avoid longstanding rules designed to promote fair play. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

LIAR!

Goodell said no such thing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : Using your logic in measuring success and failure in the post season the sexual assaulter is responsible for 7 one and outs as compared to 2 for Brady. He is responsible tremendous game changing pick 6 choke  in the SB as compared to a Brady INT when the Pat's were ahead with plenty of time left in the 4th qtr. He is also responsible for  9-10 playoff record as compared to a 16-6 record. Most importantly Brady has 3 rings mister I blame my offensive line for a SB loss has 1. It is pretty cut and dried that Brady is the better QB. 
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]
    If I believed that the QB was responsible for all successes and all failures, then yes he'd be responsible for those one and outs.  I don't see it that way.  Nor do I see it that way with Brady. 

Wins and losses reside with the team collectively not with one individual. 

And I strongly disagree that Brady is a better QB. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? :And I strongly disagree that Brady is a better QB. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

And I strongly insist you are a nincompoop. You have no basis for your belief other than homer prejudice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : In a letter to the Patriots, Goodell wrote, "This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field." Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/$m.local.contentUrl#ixzz22nUvl7p9
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

But that isn't what you said, is it? LIAR?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : Citing that Manning is the only guy to throw for 4000 yards four seasons in a row is a valid argument that he is the best? Citing quantity numbers when the quantity is not finalized is a valid argument? Provide more specifics.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I don't need to provide more specifics.  You did it for me.  The fact he cited is used by him to support his argument that Manning is better.  You may disagree with him, but your disagreement neither invalidates his argument or his supporting fact. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : And I strongly insist you are a nincompoop. You have no basis for your belief other than homer prejudice.
    At least we can all agree that you prolific name caller.  Its what makes you like Rusty, and it is really really childish.

I have plenty of basis for my beliefs. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : I don't need to provide more specifics.  You did it for me.  The fact he cited is used by him to support his argument that Manning is better.  You may disagree with him, but your disagreement neither invalidates his argument or his supporting fact. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Alrighty then.

Neil O'Donnell is a better QB than Manning. He has a lower career INT%. That's a fact so your disagreement with the conclusion cannot invalidate it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : At least we can all agree that you prolific name caller.  Its what makes you like Rusty, and it is really really childish. I have plenty of basis for my beliefs. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I'll tell you what childish is. Trolling an opposing team's board for years. That's childish. I haven't described you as anything other than what you are.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : Alrighty then. Neil O'Donnell is a better QB than Manning. He has a lower career INT%. That's a fact so your disagreement with the conclusion cannot invalidate it.

If that's a fact and you wish to use that to soley make your argument, you are free to do so.  You may look like a fool by doing so, but posit it if you will. 

further, I don't think Manning rules cited just one fact.  I think he laid out a whole host of them. 

To me its immaterial.  They are both great.  My homerism would cause me to lean toward manning just as yours would cause you to lean toward brady.  I am of all of those things.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : Well good luck with your sub .500 playoff QB. If playoff mediocrity is good with you then I won't begrudge you your guy and his 7 one and outs and I will take the guy who is presently behind center for the Pat's.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

Jri - Over the years I have cited so many reasons and facts to support my positions on Manning and the colts playoff losses, its just nauseating.  Rest assured they are out there. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : You can interchange the word, my paraphrase, or Goodell's actual language and any rational human would agree they all have the same meaning.  I am unwilling to get into a semantic argument over this.  If that is the game you are attempting, then you may play with yourself.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

You said - "Roger Goodell said the pats cheated".

You said - "he said the pats actions represented a calculated effort to avoid longstanding rules designed to promote fair play."

He didn't say those things. He never said they "cheated". And he said they "ATTEMPTED to avoid". 

It's not a matter of semantics. It's a matter of you being a lying low-life troll that loves as a hero a sexual assaulting jerk.

Don't get on your high horse like you are an honest person being accosted. You are a phoney of the highest order.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : If that's a fact and you wish to use that to soley make your argument, you are free to do so.  You may look like a fool by doing so, but posit it if you will.  further, I don't think Manning rules cited just one fact.  I think he laid out a whole host of them.  To me its immaterial.  They are both great.  My homerism would cause me to lean toward manning just as yours would cause you to lean toward brady.  I am of all of those things.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

He laid out a host of irrelevant facts. What the hell does anybody care who threw for the most 4000 yard seasons in a row? It's a trivia question, not a fact that addresses which QB is better.

My homerism is completely objective. Brady has been better than Manning by a good measure. Is Brady the best ever? I would probably put Montana ahead of him at this juncture. Brady was on track to unseat Joe, but while his play has been great since then, it hasn't been great enough to clear that hurdle. How's that for objectivity?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : I would agree Montanna would be #1 based on his SB record and performance. I still think that Brady has a chance to win another SB or 2 although  with the quality teams out there GB, SF, Balt, Pitt, NYG, NO... it will be very difficult.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Boy oh boy would the picture look way different with a couple of D stops against the Giants. And Eli would be looked upon in a whole different light. A Tyree fluke and a Welker drop are just about all the difference for both Tom and Eli. Tom would be hands down the best and Eli would be, meh.

It's still close and Tommy could pull it off depending how the chips fall. BB getting this wretched defense fixed will go a long way in determining the final status.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : Funny Horse Head loves to use excuses also. It must be a Colt player and fan trait using excuses. Funny like the sexual assault those playoff loses never seem to stick to him.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

When you have an unsavory fan base that cares more about having something to be proud of in podunk than honesty, this is what you see.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston. Show LegendofBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : I would agree Montanna would be #1 based on his SB record and performance. I still think that Brady has a chance to win another SB or 2 although  with the quality teams out there GB, SF, Balt, Pitt, NYG, NO... it will be very difficult.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

When its all said and done Brady will go down as the greatest QB ever. There is many reasons why, but i'll list just a few for you. The talent that Montana had was by far and away better to work with than what Brady had. Lets not forget the likes of Roger Craig, Dwight Clark, Jon Taylor, the best reciever ever in Jerry Rice. Then you have 4 players from the D in the hall of fame too. Im not saying Tom has had noone to work with but what he has done in this day and age will propel him to being the best QB ever. With the way free agency has evolved dynastys arent supposed to happen, and Tom is breaking that mold. Tom has atleast 2 if not more chances at another ring. I will be enjoying watching him add to his already hall of fame career.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : When you have an unsavory fan base that cares more about having something to be proud of in podunk than honesty, this is what you see.

Babe, you should respond to a thread from JRI about colts fans making excuses for Manning.  You are the king on this board for doing exactly that as it relates to Brady.  Want proof.  See the post above your JRI response.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : Babe, you should respond to a thread from JRI about colts fans making excuses for Manning.  You are the king on this board for doing exactly that as it relates to Brady.  Want proof.  See the post above your JRI response.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I don't make excuses for Brady. Name one that I have made. Your dishonesty is appalling.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? :People care that Brady threw 50 touchdowns in a season.  To most its irrelevant that Brady played the entire final game while Manning only played one or two series.  Who are you to define what is and is not important in the assessment of excellence.  I'd say if Brady had done the same, you'd cite it.  That's my opinion.  You diminish it because he hasn't. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Well, Manning did get most of his in a dome. Funny how you never mention that. It makes one think you might be a phoney or something.

I wouldn't cite a worthless stat like how many seasons in a row Brady threw for 4000 yards. Just like I don't cite that Brady has thrown under 15 INTs per season for his entire career and Manning has never bested 6 straight in 13 seasons. Those are trivia questions, not criteria for deciding who is better.

As others accuse you of; diversion is your tactic of choice because relevant facts fail you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't bother to respond to the Manning troll because he's clearly here just to provoke and has absolutely nothing of substance to say. I'm surprised that UD wants to defend him. He may be "on your side" as a Manning fan, UD, but hey Stalin was on our side in WW II too. As far as the "cheat" thing goes, BB clearly violated rules. I'd argue that it was cheating only if he was using the films to get an advantage during the specific game he was filming. If he was merely filming to analyze later what teams did in the game (as BB claimed) then I think "cheating" is too strong a word. All of that, however, makes little difference in my (and most knowledgable people's) evaluation of BB's skills as a coach. He's won about as much since "spy gate" as before it, and the Manning trolls incessant posts trying to say BB needs to "cheat" to win are just juvenile. I hope you're not defending that nonsense UD. I don't quite understand why you spend so much time on this board being a Colts fan, but I don't think of you as a troll. If you want to defend that other troll, though, I might have to reassess my judgment. Belichick's place in history as one of the greatest coaches of all time is secure. Spy gate is a blemish on his record, but no knowledgable fan or analyst of the game believes spygate changes the fact that he is as formidable a coach as you can find in NFL history.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In both Super Bowl losses Brady gave us the lead and the defense needed one last stop and couldn't do it---Brady did not lose the SBs the defense failed to stop the Giants on one last possesion!In Response to What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?:
    [QUOTE]I was listening to Felger and Mazz on the way home from work a couple days ago, and a Pats fan called in and made in interesting point about our HOF QB Mr. Brady. He basically said that he loved Brady, bla bla bla, but he brought up the point : When is the last time Brady has won a meaningful game? When was the last time Brady was clutch in a huge game, like the Brady of old? He went on to even say Brady is living off his past success and superbowls he won almost a decade ago. He said that is seems he has turned from a mediocre regular season QB with clutch postseason games, to a Peyton Manning type QB with mind blowing regular season numbers, but suspect post season performances, coming up short in the big games. He said it seems there used to be the " Me against the world " Tom Brady, and now its the " Hey my wife is Giselle and I won 3 superbowls " lol. Felger disagreed with him, and stated that Tom had a good enough performance to win this past Superbowl, had Welker caught that pass. The caller disagreed, arguing that Brady played much worse in that game than he did all season, bringing up the intentional grounding for a safety on the first drive etc. It made me think......is he kind of right?? I mean, I do NOT take Brady's greatness for granted...but its been almost a decade, and although the Pats put up these great numbers and records in the regular season, is it a legit argument to question if Brady is still clutch in the big games? Is he still that guy who can lead his team to a late game comeback? His window is closing, the team is stacked...I just wonder how many more chances he will get...What do you guys think?
    Posted by ReeGzUSMC[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE] In both Super Bowl losses Brady gave us the lead and the defense needed one last stop and couldn't do it---Brady did not lose the SBs the defense failed to stop the Giants on one last possesion!In Response to What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? :
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

That is as truthful as it gets.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : And I disagree with you. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

And I disagree with you that Manning is better than O'Donnell.