Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?

In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?:
    In response to "Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?": Last years defense also allowed just over 16 ppg, good for 2nd in the playoffs. As fans do we now ignore this statistic? In the SB they held their opponent to 13 points through 55 minutes yet kept getting put back on the field. For a patchwork secondary I would say the defense exceeded our expectations. How did the offense do? Not realistic to expect this defense to keep holding the gints to punts and fgs. Should be realistic to expect our offense to either score more then 17 points or at least run a few successful 4minute drives in order to protect our D, they couldn't......again and we lost....again.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Oh Cripes!  The offense had MORE points thru those same seven possessions.  Did you watch the game?
    The score was low because the possessions were low.  The possessions were low because the D  allowed no less than 6 and outs, 26 first downs and had no turn overs.
    The D only got 2 turn overs the whole play-offs.  They averaged 2.6 per game in the regular season.   Which is the only way they got off the field then!
    Both Offenses can't control the clock.  IT"S IMPOSSIBLE!!! 
    The one with the sucky D always loses ToP.
    The other has to adjust their game plan to accommodate that.  WOW!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to "Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?": Last years defense also allowed just over 16 ppg, good for 2nd in the playoffs. As fans do we now ignore this statistic? In the SB they held their opponent to 13 points through 55 minutes yet kept getting put back on the field. For a patchwork secondary I would say the defense exceeded our expectations. How did the offense do? Not realistic to expect this defense to keep holding the gints to punts and fgs. Should be realistic to expect our offense to either score more then 17 points or at least run a few successful 4minute drives in order to protect our D, they couldn't......again and we lost....again.
    Posted by TrueChamp

You are ignoring the 8 possession game.
    Low possessions yield low scores.
    If the game were called at the 38 minute mark for a storm or something, would you expect it to be a high scoring game when they only played slightly more than half .  Same thing!  games are normally 12 possessions not 8.
    Not to mention an offense sitting on the sidelines for 2/3rd of the game not only can't score from there, the time between possessions never allows them to get "hot".  Please open your eyes, it's easier to see what's happening.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

GO PATS!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

What do fellow Pat's fans think about a thread entitled "5 Questions from camp visit by Kirwan" by Truechamp that debunks every ridiculously stupid theory here, that these three above are purposely ignoring because Tom Brady himself dismisses them?
    Posted by wozzy

I think you need to reread the post because it show this whole time Brady has wanted to have a running attack, and looks forward to having a more diverse game.

Sections
Shortcuts