What do you expect from Hightower and Jones next season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

What do you expect from Hightower and Jones next season?

For me, Hightower is a starter Day 1. I expect him to make an impact right away. Should be solid.

Jones, not so much. I think this guy is more raw and will need a year of seasoning under his belt...Like Pierre-Paul though, I think this guy will become a star, not just a good player, a star after some time.
    I also think Jones has a bigger chance of busting if he doesnt get developed properly

So in other words, Hightower will be an instant starter with pro bowler potential.
    Chandler Jones will have a greater chance to bust cause he's more raw, but has defensive MVP potential

What are your thoughts on these guys..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejb222. Show ejb222's posts

Re: What do you expect from Hightower and Jones next season?

I dont know about probowler his first year...that's big expectations. I think Hightower is good and could be solid come late season, but I think it may be like Mayo who really came into his own in year 2 and and was rookie of the year his first year. Hightower is an easy upgrade to Ninkovich though. I really like the idea of Mayo, Dont'a, Spikes, and ____ in a 3-4.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I agree. I think Hightower will be a starter from day one and he's just the type of player BB will put to good use. When I watched Hightower I did think he was a bit sluggish in his legs though (I'm not sure if that because he's coming off that knee injury and maybe he'll get better).

The Chandler pick surprised me a bit...for one it was leaked that we were in love with him the night before the draft and that we would trade up to get him (that stuff never gets out of the patriot offices). And the other thing I thought was strange is that the kid looks like a 43 defensive end to me - not a guy that would be running around out in space at the outside backer spot. I really think this kid is going to be an outstanding 43 defensive end and that's where I think he'll end up...they may try and put him into the elephant role, but I think he'll be an end. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

All pro's, sharing SB MVP honors.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: What do you expect from Hightower and Jones next season?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you expect from Hightower and Jones next season? : Rusty says that if you trade up for a player and he's not an immediate probowler, he's a bust.  It must be true.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

Are you secretly in love with Rusty or something?  You can't help but mention him in virtually every post you make.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Didnt mean pro bowler year 1...meant he can become a probowler LB throughout his career.

Like an actual probowler, not the 100th reserve who gets invited after everyone else drops

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: What do you expect from Hightower and Jones next season?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you expect from Hightower and Jones next season? : Rusty says that if you trade up for a player and he's not an immediate probowler, he's a bust.  It must be true. Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE] I think he said if you trade up for a player, and that Player is Sanchez- then he is a bust. He's right about that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]I agree. I think Hightower will be a starter from day one and he's just the type of player BB will put to good use. When I watched Hightower I did think he was a bit sluggish in his legs though (I'm not sure if that because he's coming off that knee injury and maybe he'll get better). The Chandler pick surprised me a bit...for one it was leaked that we were in love with him the night before the draft and that we would trade up to get him (that stuff never gets out of the patriot offices). And the other thing I thought was strange is that the kid looks like a 43 defensive end to me - not a guy that would be running around out in space at the outside backer spot. I really think this kid is going to be an outstanding 43 defensive end and that's where I think he'll end up...they may try and put him into the elephant role, but I think he'll be an end. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

A lot of people think Chandler's body can hold another 20 pounds pretty easily.  I agree with the idea that he will spend more time with his hand on the ground.  It will be interesting to see how this kid develops.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you expect from Hightower and Jones next season? : Rusty says that if you trade up for a player and he's not an immediate probowler, he's a bust.  It must be true.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

Rusty has a point but he doesn't have to be a pro-bowler but should still be very good and a starter after some time. Jones may take a while to start but should see action right from the start. his position is different and he is a little raw right now. Hightower definately starts if he is healthy. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

beware of injury in that first year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

It depends. First half of the draft, I think those players should expected to make at least 1 pro bowl...with the Top 10 being perennial pro bowlers.

Back end of the first round, they should at the very least be effective starters. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]beware of injury in that first year
    Posted by Iceman4[/QUOTE]

Beware of injury...every year

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: What do you expect from Hightower and Jones next season?": [QUOTE]It depends. First half of the draft, I think those players should expected to make at least 1 pro bowl...with the Top 10 being perennial pro bowlers. Back end of the first round, they should at the very least be effective starters.  Posted by dapats1281[/QUOTE] You might think that would be the expectation however the last 5 drafts did not produce 50 perennial Pro Bowlers. Maybe 10 or 12 at best, for all 7 rounds.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: What do you expect from Hightower and Jones next season?": You might think that would be the expectation however the last 5 drafts did not produce 50 perennial Pro Bowlers. Maybe 10 or 12 at best, for all 7 rounds.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so I think that those picks in the top 10 were busts. But I don't think the guys who were taken in the backend of the draft were busts if they didn't make the probowl.

In the first round, if half of those players ever make a probowl, that would be considered a very good first round. 

Top 10 picks were once paid like pro bowl players...so that had to be the expectation.

Sections
Shortcuts