What do you hope to see tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: What do you hope to see tonight?

In Response to Re: What do you hope to see tonight?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you hope to see tonight? : Oh, gee, so sorry. In that case, maybe you should post to yourself.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

Sorry i didn't mean to come off rude or anything. The idea behind the whole thread was besides  no one getting injured what would you like to see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Id like to see Gronk seperating up the middle.  THey say he has lost a step sense his ankle issue.  Also, I thought I read somewhere that Demps will not be playing tonight. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

I hope to see a pack of wild dogs let loose and greet Michael Vick with a hearty "hello".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Mankins, Vollmer, Demps, Ridley and Fells will not play....

Brady, Lloyd, Gronk, Hern, Welker and Vereen won't play for more than a drive. (OL against the Eagles pass rush? Yeah, pass, I want Brady healthy to start the season.)

I think the 1st team defense will play the entire half though, so I'm hoping to see how well Spikes, Mayo and Hightower play together. I'm hoping that Jones can consistently put pressure on Vick. I'm hoping McCourty can play with Jackson and that Dowling will shut down Maclin(a very physical WR). I'm hoping that Chung and Gregory play well together. And I'm also hoping that whomever plays opposite Jones (Bequette, Scott or Cunningham) can also apply pressure so that Chandler doesn't have to worry about double teams all season. 

Of course, I'm hoping for the to stay relatively injury free. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]Mankins, Vollmer, Demps, Ridley and Fells will not play.... Brady, Lloyd, Gronk, Hern, Welker and Vereen won't play for more than a drive. (OL against the Eagles pass rush? Yeah, pass, I want Brady healthy to start the season.) I think the 1st team defense will play the entire half though, so I'm hoping to see how well Spikes, Mayo and Hightower play together. I'm hoping that Jones can consistently put pressure on Vick. I'm hoping McCourty can play with Jackson and that Dowling will shut down Maclin(a very physical WR). I'm hoping that Chung and Gregory play well together. And I'm also hoping that whomever plays opposite Jones (Bequette, Scott or Cunningham) can also apply pressure so that Chandler doesn't have to worry about double teams all season.  Of course, I'm hoping for the to stay relatively injury free. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I think your right about BB limiting the first string offense, but you never know how much he plans to keep them out there. My guess is like your a few drives at most.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you hope to see tonight? : Sorry i didn't mean to come off rude or anything. The idea behind the whole thread was besides  no one getting injured what would you like to see.
    Posted by csylvia79[/QUOTE]

Sorry about the sarcasm. I would like to see improvements on defense such as pass rushing and backfield coverage. On offense I would like to see more running the ball, longer drives/clock management.

Again, sorry for being sarcastic. It's something I've been working on. Guess I need to try a little harder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you hope to see tonight? : Sorry about the sarcasm. I would like to see improvements on defense such as pass rushing and backfield coverage. On offense I would like to see more running the ball, longer drives/clock management. Again, sorry for being sarcastic. It's something I've been working on. Guess I need to try a little harder.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

You think we will do some FB dive plays?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I want to see a lot of the new guys. Players like ebner out there, bequette, a little more of jones and hightower. Also some of these guys who went undrafted who have looked so well in camp. It would be nice to see the first offense work in cohesion, putting together a scoring drive, although it's not really the first unit without the O-line. BB has some really tough tough cuts coming up soon, I would think that he wants to get as much of a game look as possible with a few of these guys. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you hope to see tonight? : You think we will do some FB dive plays?

I'd like to see that. It's something they got away from in the last couple of years. Seems like quite a few teams have. Whether from changing style of play or an overall lack of good fullbacks these days, I'm not sure. Using fullbacks for screen passes or lead blocking in red-zone situations can be very effective.

To qualify my earlier post, I realize it's only the second pre-season game and clock management isn't likely to be a priority.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

This is what I'd entertain selling my eternal soul to see:

Brady in the shotgun, eyeing the Defensive set-up, then calling an audible and subsequently going FROM the shotgun, to walk up under center, take the snap and hand the ball off to his runningback on any given running play design. 
    ^ I want this.

What I would like to see, however is:

A steadfast adhering to what I believe is such a revolutionary Offensive scheme that BB and JMcD came up with...even if it doesn't amount to many points early on.
    Brady offering up and being an extreme sticklier to those details which brought him and initially rose him towards the levels of such great QB play: Checking down on his multiple & different receivers when dropping back to pass, and extreme detail-orientation to doing things like baiting the D with deliberately heavy, long, or short snap counts; Selling the fake handoff in play-action, as opposed to already having his focus and concerns to the inevitable pass play somewhere downfield/Selling the pass on play-action under center, and THEN handing the rock off on a running play at the very last second;

^ THESE things will and can, Make all the difference on earth;

Dont'a Hightower deliberately initiating more and more forceful contact, as opposed to him playing on his heels;

NE's Secondary unit working more and more (like Preseason game 1) As 1 Unit...all on the same page and helping each other out.  Man, it was nice to see even just the jersey of either or of NE's 2 Safeties on the field in pass-coverage help (After 2011, I actually started wondering what a Pats Safety even DID during any and every given play).  This preseason game with that Secondary looking like it was working together for the 1st time since forever, is just the foothold;  They get a firm grasp on that togetherness, and the next step is called- "Swagger"...And when ya start KNOWING in your heart and as 1 Body, that you're that much better than them, that D game takes off even further.

1 NE true FB (non-Hernandez) looking like he can be regarded and be counted upon, to be even a very nominal pass-catching threat;

-Finally, RB- NO Ridley...don't hurt your 1 very capable-looking between-the-tackles bruising RB w/ quicks, by throwing him into a meaningless preseason game #2.  And RE: Vareen...I'd actually like some lil' challenge they might try do for the fans pre-game, BY blind-folding Shane Vareen, placing him ANY-where within the stadium walls, and then asking him to try to point the direction of True North, as accurately as possible...  Guys like Vareen, Curtis Martin, and even Terrel davis, seem to have been born with some sorta Mbutu Pygmey-like EXACT form of inherent directional finder in their brains.  No matter HOW the run play ends up developing, these guys just KNOW and enact, the precisely closes Point A-Point B- satellite laser guiding line by the milimeter, in order to make every effort possible, in order to head their play towards the closest line to the endzone.

Wouldn't mind seeing Solder & Cannon either- A /> Win a 1-1 battle with a DE in extremely sound and solid pass-protection, Or B> Either knock someone down, or at least play to the whistle on any given running play;

...And no injuries.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]This is what I'd entertain selling my eternal soul to see: Brady in the shotgun, eyeing the Defensive set-up, then calling an audible and subsequently going FROM the shotgun, to walk up under center, take the snap and hand the ball off to his runningback on any given running play design.  ^ I want this. What I would like to see, however is: A steadfast adhering to what I believe is such a revolutionary Offensive scheme that BB and JMcD came up with...even if it doesn't amount to many points early on. Brady offering up and being an extreme sticklier to those details which brought him and initially rose him towards the levels of such great QB play: Checking down on his multiple & different receivers when dropping back to pass, and extreme detail-orientation to doing things like baiting the D with deliberately heavy, long, or short snap counts; Selling the fake handoff in play-action, as opposed to already having his focus and concerns to the inevitable pass play somewhere downfield/Selling the pass on play-action under center, and THEN handing the rock off on a running play at the very last second; ^ THESE things will and can, Make all the difference on earth; Dont'a Hightower deliberately initiating more and more forceful contact, as opposed to him playing on his heels; NE's Secondary unit working more and more (like Preseason game 1) As 1 Unit...all on the same page and helping each other out.  Man, it was nice to see even just the jersey of either or of NE's 2 Safeties on the field in pass-coverage help (After 2011, I actually started wondering what a Pats Safety even DID during any and every given play).  This preseason game with that Secondary looking like it was working together for the 1st time since forever, is just the foothold;  They get a firm grasp on that togetherness, and the next step is called- "Swagger"...And when ya start KNOWING in your heart and as 1 Body, that you're that much better than them, that D game takes off even further. 1 NE true FB (non-Hernandez) looking like he can be regarded and be counted upon, to be even a very nominal pass-catching threat; -Finally, RB- NO Ridley...don't hurt your 1 very capable-looking between-the-tackles bruising RB w/ quicks, by throwing him into a meaningless preseason game #2.  And RE: Vareen...I'd actually like some lil' challenge they might try do for the fans pre-game, BY blind-folding Shane Vareen, placing him ANY-where within the stadium walls, and then asking him to try to point the direction of True North, as accurately as possible...  Guys like Vareen, Curtis Martin, and even Terrel davis, seem to have been born with some sorta Mbutu Pygmey-like EXACT form of inherent directional finder in their brains.  No matter HOW the run play ends up developing, these guys just KNOW and enact, the precisely closes Point A-Point B- satellite laser guiding line by the milimeter, in order to make every effort possible, in order to head their play towards the closest line to the endzone. Wouldn't mind seeing Solder & Cannon either- A /> Win a 1-1 battle with a DE in extremely sound and solid pass-protection, Or B /> Either knock someone down, or at least play to the whistle on any given running play; ...And no injuries.         
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

You think that much of Vareen to compare a segment of his game to Curtis Martin and Terrel Davis? Did you watch him a lot in college, because he's only carried the ball maybe 30 times here in NE and 20 of those carries were pre season play? I'm serious, did you see a lot of him in college, because it would be nice if he's the type of player that knows how to find the endzone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you hope to see tonight? : You think that much of Vareen to compare a segment of his game to Curtis Martin and Terrel Davis? Did you watch him a lot in college, because he's only carried the ball maybe 30 times here in NE and 20 of those carries were pre season play? I'm serious, did you see a lot of him in college, because it would be nice if he's the type of player that knows how to find the endzone.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Nah mthurl...'Member the 2 guys I was high-on?  Washington picked both of them up: Roy Helu and as a distance 2nd, Evan Royster.  The only guy from that draf whomI believed and stated several times, had #1 RB capabilities was Ohio State's guy (what's his name)- Dallas took him-  Explosive as f##k...but as I said at the time (or something really similiar), "...But I wouldn't touch him w/ a ten foot pole w/ the 2nd Rd selection you'd need to get a guy whom maybe has perhaps 1 or 2 body parts that haven't been surgically repaired due to injury"...after injury...after injury...after injury (WhatInTH is his name?!?  A prominent "D" figures in I think...???).

Yea, Vareen-  He was an afterthought for me...  We had Woodhead, Faulk still, BJGE- Was very happy BB double-dipped that year, but my gaze was pretty fixed on the bigger RBs and/or guys whom I thought might be #1 RB 3-down material.  Still unsure Vareen could hold up to that brand and amount of punishment game after game, play after play after play.  

But he's good-  Here, key in on these 2 things while watching Vareen tonight-  just HOW low, and just how much he scrapes and scraps and inches forward barely off the ground in additional yardage as he's falling forward, And falling and clawing EXACTLY forward (in the most unbelievably precise and efficient=Exact B-line to where the endzone is for NE)- as he's being tackled and at the instants JUST prior to him falling down and a knee (or whatever body part) ultimately hitting the turf to initiate the play-ending Ref whistle.  

No matter where on the field, Vareen's exacting mantra, "I am headed thataway", keeps turning gains that should be no yards or 1/2 yards into 2 yards, 2 yard gains into 3 or 4 yard gains, 3 or 4 yard gains into 5 or 6 yard gains.  SO directional exacting and efficient in his running style in order to maximize and eek out just that 1, or 1 1/2, or just 1/2 yard extra, over and over...always.  Remember Defenses that played martin up here in NE, saying things like, "HowInTH did Curtis Martin get a buck 20 on us today...I actually thought we STOPPED him pretty completely?!?!"  It was by Martin doing exactly what you see Vareen and TT. davis doing- Clawing forward, falling forward, and going by the RB mindset that I will- Just take what the D offers me, per play, on a play by play basis, lose no ground, and I will choose absolute directional efficiency over and above, greater endeavors to push the running play sideline-sideline, desperately trying for that 1 big yardage running breakaway.

It's a weapon that's gotta kill a Defender, bit by bit-  The, "I thought we stopped him for a 1 yard gain...Sooo WhyInTh, or even HOWInTH, Is it 2nd and only 7 after our guys made what I thought w/ every fiber, was a REALLY GOOD Defensive stop by us on 1st down, right there?!?"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

This waiting for me when I go to bed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

[QUOTE]This waiting for me when I go to bed.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I can't release her yet... give me a few months to trade up, I'll send her to you.  Bubble wrapped.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you hope to see tonight? : Sorry, I can't release her yet... give me a few months to trade up, I'll send her to you.  Bubble wrapped.
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]

ROFL... that was a good line

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you hope to see tonight? : That is the answer everyone who is a Pat's fan wants to see ... i was hope for more interesting conversation.  

Other than no injuries, I'd like to see the OL do a better job in pass protection, see Mallett have a good night, see if Vereen can build on his momentum from the Saints game, and see whether the defense can do a reasonably good job at containing a good Philly offense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

just enjoy watching the scrubs play.  No expectations here....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]just enjoy watching the scrubs play.  No expectations here....
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

Agree!  It is a smart move not to over extend the starters and just maybe a  few of the "scrubs" will shine!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Everybody is writing Bolden off for making this team, you might see him get a boatload of carries tonight to see if he is worth keeping.  Vereen with the first team will be fun to watch. I want to see Mallett working the I Formation and to see if he can learn the dink and dunk offense, can he move the chains?

Defense... I want to see defense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]Everybody is writing Bolden off for making this team, you might see him get a boatload of carries tonight to see if he is worth keeping.  Vereen with the first team will be fun to watch. I want to see Mallett working the I Formation and to see if he can learn the dink and dunk offense, can he move the chains? Defense... I want to see defense.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Totally!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It's already Tuesday where I'm at so I've already seen the game.  It was awesome.  Vereen broke off a long one and Spikes came up big.

Sections
Shortcuts