What do you hope to see tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

What do you hope to see tonight?

I know this is just a pre-season game, so I'm not interested if the Pats win or lose or the answer not get hurt.

What I'm asking is what would you like to see the first teams do against the eagles.

Key things you would like to see the defense, offense, and special teams be able to do.

I think the eagle are a good test because they have a good D and a very versatile offense. I know their D-line starters are thin because of injuries, but they will be testing their depth and a few rookies are going to be trying to earn roster spots. So i'm not going to underestimate them against our depleted O-line

The biggest thing I would like to see is get pressure on Vick without losing contain. Also I want to see how well our LB cover because the eagles really attack that area of the field.

On offense I want to see the play calling start where they left off last game. I know it was a low scoring game but I think it is the perfect time to really test what we have in the running game.

I would love to hear your guys thoughts!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: What do you hope to see tonight?

Will Demps be KR or PR? Will Vareen get some good carries? Will the offense be as good as people/fans think it could be? Will the D get pressure on whoever is at QB? Who starts on the O Line?

The game is being shown on TSN; the Canadian ESPN up here in Canada.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

No Injuries

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In Response to Re: What do you hope to see tonight?:
    [QUOTE]Will Demps be KR or PR? Will Vareen get some good carries? Will the offense be as good as people/fans think it could be? Will the D get pressure on whoever is at QB? Who starts on the O Line? The game is being shown on TSN; the Canadian ESPN up here in Canada.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Do you think they will play Demps this soon after signing?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]1. Vareen get reps with the first team 2. O-line show improvement from first game. 3. Who will be in the front 7 in the first group(s) based on the scheme and fronts being played. 4. Dowling against Jackson and or Maclin. *Special interest will be interested to see how Ebner plays under game conditions. 
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

I wonder if he will get some time at safety with the starting team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

They can't play Demps per the new rules of the CBA. I really don't expect to see much from our first team offense because I believe they probably won't play more than one drive, if any. I'm much more excited to see how our defense is beginning to gel, particularly Jones and Hightower. I hope that all the hype is going to be backed up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

Also I really want to see Ebner rotating in at Safety.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]They can't play Demps per the new rules of the CBA. I really don't expect to see much from our first team offense because I believe they probably won't play more than one drive, if any. I'm much more excited to see how our defense is beginning to gel, particularly Jones and Hightower. I hope that all the hype is going to be backed up.
    Posted by JMUFranco[/QUOTE]

I didn't think he would be able to play. I think the eagles will be a great test on the LB with the high chances of roll outs, dump offs, and slot passes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

1.  How our O line is going to look against a better defense this week.  Is Solder going to get pushed around some more?  Is Mankins going to be solid?
    2.  Can our D apply pressure and contain a dynamic run offense?  Will Jones continue looking like the real deal?  Can Hightower get a little more involved?  Is Ebner going to show BB and rest of us why he should make this team? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]1.  How our O line is going to look against a better defense this week.  Is Solder going to get pushed around some more?  Is Mankins going to be solid? 2.  Can our D apply pressure and contain a dynamic run offense?  Will Jones continue looking like the real deal?  Can Hightower get a little more involved?  Is Ebner going to show BB and rest of us why he should make this team? 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]

Of all these, Which to you would be the most interesting to see? To me I know the O-line will get better. I guess its a toss up between Hightower and Ebner for the entertainment value and interest.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't expect the OL to get any better. That won't be until the 4th preseason game or so once Mankins Vollmer are up to speed and maybe Waters is back by then.

What I want to see is the RB's and how they are used/how effective they are

I also want to see the pass rush and see how they can get to the QB. I think seeing Scott, Jones, Nin, and Bequette making some plays once they have some tape on them will be a good measuring mark

Short of that I'm not expecting a lot

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I want to see our offensive tackles play well. I want to see Hightower tackle instead of just lowering his shoulder into the ball carrier, because I swear to God I'll crap myself if this guy turns into another Andy Katzenmoyer. I'd like to see if Vareen can break some tackles (because he couldn't last year). I want to see Chandler Jones do it again against another NFL left tackle. I don't want to see Brady throwing deep or getting blind sided in a meaningless game. And lastly, I don't want to see any injuries!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]No Injuries
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

That was going to be my response. Just goes to show that great minds think alike, or that small ones seldom differ.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you hope to see tonight? : That was going to be my response. Just goes to show that great minds think alike, or that small ones seldom differ.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

That is the answer everyone who is a Pat's fan wants to see ... i was hope for more interesting conversation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Mostly I'm interested in seeing defensive pressure and coverage, and Brady working some intermediate and deep routes with Lloyd and whoever.  I'm not worried about the rest, it will come together.  Oh, Brady NOT getting the heck beat out of him would be nice, also.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]I want to see our offensive tackles play well. I want to see Hightower tackle instead of just lowering his shoulder into the ball carrier, because I swear to God I'll crap myself if this guy turns into another . I'd like to see if Vareen can break some tackles (because he couldn't last year). I want to see Chandler Jones do it again against another NFL left tackle. I don't want to see Brady throwing deep or getting blind sided in a meaningless game. And lastly, I don't want to see any injuries!!!
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Andy Katzenmoyer... wow that is an awesome description! Lets hope no crazy career ending injuries happen like that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]Mostly I'm interested in seeing defensive pressure and coverage, and Brady working some intermediate and deep routes with Lloyd and whoever.  I'm not worried about the rest, it will come together.  Oh, Brady NOT getting the heck beat out of him would be nice, also.
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]

I also would like to see how well Lloyd is against the secondary and  his separation speed and body control.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

wow mt do you and bred go to the same optimists' society meeting?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you hope to see tonight? : That is the answer everyone who is a Pat's fan wants to see ... i was hope for more interesting conversation.  
    Posted by csylvia79[/QUOTE]

Oh, gee, so sorry. In that case, maybe you should post to yourself.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

We only have 2 pre season games left for our starters. I think they play the entire 1st half in order to get a good look at possible areas of improvement.

Very excited to see Vareen get a shot at starters carries. Very interested to see if the D-line and LB's can contain Vick and McCoy. I wonder if Reid will take some shots deep with Jackson and Maclin at our secondary.

This is a good game to gauge individual battles(can Hightower shed blockers, can Cannon hold the edge, who will be our center...) and how the starters look after 4 or 5 series....if the young guys get fatigued etc..

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts