What do you make of these comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

What do you make of these comments

Just interested in what you guys all think of these latest comments by Rex. Challenging the rest of the league (not the Jets) to beat the Pats. Notice he indicates they already have. They won a game against us so what but anyhow your thoughts on his challenge?

www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/08/jets_coach_rex.html">Rex Ryan challenges the league to beat the Patriots, not worried about 'Ochocinco'

Rex Ryan rarely disappoints at a press conference. Today was no exception.

The quotable New York Jets head coach (also sporting a new tribal-style tattoo on his calf) www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/81-Rex-Ryan-News-Conference/69a58f63-0baa-4e9c-8e84-6e71d6401a99">met with the media today at Jets training camp in Florham Park, N.J. and was asked if he thought his team was now favored to win the AFC East division.

"In my mind [yes]," Ryan said. "I don't know about everybody else's [mind], we usually aren't even favored to win, our first year I think I got here we were supposed to win six games or five games or four games, whatever, I don't know what the experts say, I just know what I believe in my heart and that's that this is going to be our year.

"Again, I think we have to find somebody out there to beat New England besides us and I think that would help. Anybody out there that wants to sign up: Are you good enough as a team to beat the New England Patriots? Forget about us, are you good enough to go out there and beat the New England Patriots? I'm challenging the league.

Ryan also spoke about the Patriots acquisition of Chad Ochocinco.

"Well, I always said this, when it was Chad Johnson, we could never stop him. But when it's Chad Ochocinco, I've been more successful. So I hope he doesn't change his name back, but I have a great deal of respect for him, he's a tremendous player. I mean absolute tremendous player, going along with [Tom] Brady that's, and the guys [Wes] Welker and all those guys, wooo, I'm glad we got the corners we got."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Re: What do you make of these comments

Its pretty obvious even if he doesnt say it that if the moves we made so far work out that hes scared of his Sanchize getting crushed between the 700 pounds of humanity that is Albert and big vince.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to What do you make of these comments:
    [QUOTE]Just interested in what you guys all think of these latest comments by Rex. Challenging the rest of the league (not the Jets) to beat the Pats. Notice he indicates they already have. They won a game against us so what but anyhow your thoughts on his challenge? www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/08/jets_coach_rex.html " /> Rex Ryan challenges the league to beat the Patriots, not worried about 'Ochocinco' www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/08/jets_coach_rex.html "> Link | www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/08/jets_coach_rex.html?comments=all#readerComm "> Comments ( 30 ) Posted by Steve Silva, Boston.com Staff August 1, 2011 03:04 PM By Steve Silva, Boston.com StaffRex Ryan rarely disappoints at a press conference. Today was no exception. The quotable New York Jets head coach ( also sporting a new tribal-style tattoo on his calf ) www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/81-Rex-Ryan-News-Conference/69a58f63-0baa-4e9c-8e84-6e71d6401a99 "> met with the media today at Jets training camp in Florham Park, N.J. and was asked if he thought his team was now favored to win the AFC East division. "In my mind [yes]," Ryan said. "I don't know about everybody else's [mind], we usually aren't even favored to win, our first year I think I got here we were supposed to win six games or five games or four games, whatever, I don't know what the experts say, I just know what I believe in my heart and that's that this is going to be our year. "Again, I think we have to find somebody out there to beat New England besides us and I think that would help. Anybody out there that wants to sign up: Are you good enough as a team to beat the New England Patriots? Forget about us, are you good enough to go out there and beat the New England Patriots? I'm challenging the league. Ryan also spoke about the Patriots acquisition of Chad Ochocinco. "Well, I always said this, when it was Chad Johnson, we could never stop him. But when it's Chad Ochocinco, I've been more successful. So I hope he doesn't change his name back, but I have a great deal of respect for him, he's a tremendous player. I mean absolute tremendous player, going along with [Tom] Brady that's, and the guys [Wes] Welker and all those guys, wooo, I'm glad we got the corners we got."
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]

I put any and everything this azzclown says right up there with most DC politicians. (Yawn!!  Cricket sounds.)

Some folks just have to talk about themselves to stay, well, relevent. But, as long as he's talking, somewhere in NYC a buffet is safe from being raided......

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to Re: What do you make of these comments:
    [QUOTE]In all honesty,Phat Rex is Bill Parcells "the younger years" We hate him because he is a rival,but if he were to succeed BB in 5 yrs and 2 more super Bowls, we'd welcome him with open arms......open legs in WeDerrWEDAT's case..... 
    Posted by leatherhelmet[/QUOTE]
    ===========================================================
      I`m not to sure about that. We don`t need some bigmouth clown who brags that he`s going to win the super bowl every year and comes up empty.I prefer to laugh at him from afar.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In all honesty,Phat Rex is Bill Parcells "the younger years" We hate him because he is a rival,but if he were to succeed BB in 5 yrs and 2 more super Bowls, we'd welcome him with open arms......open legs in WeDerrWEDAT's case..... 
    Posted by leatherhelmet[/QUOTE]

I hate to say it, but he does remind me of Parcells a bit. Parcells would never pull the stuff he does in the media, but he was a media darling and won in a huge market...they both are fat:)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Not a bad comment.  I get a kick out of Rex at times, he talks a lot of smack to help build his teams confidence.  Other coaches choose to do that differently (BB).  He has praise for the Patriots and after all he is right, they were only one of two teams that beat the Pats last year and he did it again in the playoffs.

I think he is talking a big game this year because he has too. He jumped the gun again and predicted a super bowl again this year.  But I think he knows he isn't going to have the same team as last year.  He does need help knocking off the Pats this year, lots of help so he is challengeing (begging) other teams to help out.

As far as his calf tattoo goes, what a tard!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sti328. Show sti328's posts

Well...you all know that BB, Brady and company won't respond in words. So lets hope when they meet, we see some azz-whooping on the field. Ochocinco catching an ochocinco yarder TD and Albert and Vince sacking the brains out of Sanchez.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Coward

After two years of bravado, he realizes that the Asomugha fallout has humbled his franchise, so he backs off of his Super Bowl promises

I'd respect him more if he'd said they should be considered the best in the league and teams are going to have to look out for them

Pathetic

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonhoop74. Show jonhoop74's posts

I want what he's smokin'

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Was that this years comments or last years? Hard to tell sometime due to the uncanny similarity!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

For a guy that didn't come here to KISS BB RINGS he sure talks about the Pats and mostly about Brady. I really believe he has a man crush on BRADY. He's so gross, I live in NYC and can't stand him. I have friends that are Jets fan's and they are embarrassed by him. I think the Frat house style of running a business is sad, he thinks he's still in High School with the name calling. He's just a pathetic man, hard to look at and take serious. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you make of these comments : ===========================================================   I`m not to sure about that. We don`t need some bigmouth clown who brags that he`s going to win the super bowl every year and comes up empty.I prefer to laugh at him from afar.
    Posted by djbosox2004[/QUOTE]

Anyone else recall Buddy "There's a winner in town!" Ryan taking over the Cardinals? The only difference is the the ownership of the teams. AT least the JESTS! make an outward appearence of wanting to win, and get players accordingly (the Kotite years excepted).

The 'nad doesn't fall far from the sac.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you make of these comments : I hate to say it, but he does remind me of Parcells a bit. Parcells would never pull the stuff he does in the media, but he was a media darling and won in a huge market...they both are fat:)
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Ah, but there's the rub.... at least The Tuna actually won something, then lived off it for years. Rexy? Get back to me when he actually wins the last game of the NFL season. Till he does, he needs to keep the lips shut.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

QUICK!

Someone needs to contact the NYC transit companies to make sure that all rolling stock (buses and subway cars) are accounted for! Rexy had some gas! NOT gonna be pretty.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

For a guy that didn't come here to KISS BB RINGS he sure talks about the Pats and mostly about Brady. I really believe he has a man crush on BRADY. He's so gross, I live in NYC and can't stand him. I have friends that are Jets fan's and they are embarrassed by him. I think the Frat house style of running a business is sad, he thinks he's still in High School with the name calling. He's just a pathetic man, hard to look at and take serious. 

Your a very nice NY fan. I agree with the turn from the not kissing BB's rings.  +1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to What do you make of these comments:
    [QUOTE]Just interested in what you guys all think of these latest comments by Rex. Challenging the rest of the league (not the Jets) to beat the Pats. Notice he indicates they already have. They won a game against us so what but anyhow your thoughts on his challenge? www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/08/jets_coach_rex.html " /> Rex Ryan challenges the league to beat the Patriots, not worried about 'Ochocinco' www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/08/jets_coach_rex.html "> Link | www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/08/jets_coach_rex.html?comments=all#readerComm "> Comments ( 30 ) Posted by Steve Silva, Boston.com Staff August 1, 2011 03:04 PM By Steve Silva, Boston.com StaffRex Ryan rarely disappoints at a press conference. Today was no exception. The quotable New York Jets head coach ( also sporting a new tribal-style tattoo on his calf ) www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/81-Rex-Ryan-News-Conference/69a58f63-0baa-4e9c-8e84-6e71d6401a99 "> met with the media today at Jets training camp in Florham Park, N.J. and was asked if he thought his team was now favored to win the AFC East division. "In my mind [yes]," Ryan said. "I don't know about everybody else's [mind], we usually aren't even favored to win, our first year I think I got here we were supposed to win six games or five games or four games, whatever, I don't know what the experts say, I just know what I believe in my heart and that's that this is going to be our year. "Again, I think we have to find somebody out there to beat New England besides us and I think that would help. Anybody out there that wants to sign up: Are you good enough as a team to beat the New England Patriots? Forget about us, are you good enough to go out there and beat the New England Patriots? I'm challenging the league. Ryan also spoke about the Patriots acquisition of Chad Ochocinco. "Well, I always said this, when it was Chad Johnson, we could never stop him. But when it's Chad Ochocinco, I've been more successful. So I hope he doesn't change his name back, but I have a great deal of respect for him, he's a tremendous player. I mean absolute tremendous player, going along with [Tom] Brady that's, and the guys [Wes] Welker and all those guys, wooo, I'm glad we got the corners we got."
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]

It's not a bad strategy, cheap, but what did you expect from him? He's right, the more L's get from other teams - the better the chances the jets will have a shot at the division title.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I make of it that he is ignoring the fact that we played almost ALL the same teams last year... and at least 3 of them could have beaten him, if not for phenomenal luck, and Matthew Stafford's (taking a) dive onto an injured shoulder when all he really needed to do was run out the clock.  He doesn't want to bring all that up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

he sounds like the stupid jets posts around here

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

Honestly, I wouldnt think too deeply into anything Rex Ryan has to say.  Unless youre a Jets fan, none of it really makes a whole lotta sense.  The man's a first class buffoon. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

The sad thing is he's actually a brilliant football mind. He may never win a Super Bowl but that alone is not the only indicator of your football IQ. It'd be one thing to not have any football talent and then talk just to keep your name out there. If he would just shut up, he would gain a lot more respect from people. By now, his annual guarantee is a joke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

All I can really say is, I'm glad we have BB. Pretty much sums it up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Dear NFL coaches who might be the #3, #4, #5 or #6 seeds:

If the Jets are clearly contenders for the wild card and if your team needs a wild card, beating the Jets forces them backwards 1 loss, moves your team forward 1 victory and finally you earn a critical tiebreaker.  Want to make the playoffs?  Beat the Jets!

The Patriots are aiming for a 14-2 season or better.  It would be nice to win a game against any team but your head-to-head tiebreaker against a 14-2 Patriots team probably won't do half as much for you as beating the Jets.

Half of the teams in the AFC see themselves as possibly squeaking into a wild card position.  The Jets should worry about Jacksonville (longshot but the AFC South is weak and they were 8-5 at one point), Oakland (longshot but they were 8-8 last season), Baltimore (might not get by Pittsburgh again), San Diego (might not get by Kansas City again), Kansas City (same problem with S.D.), Miami might want to sneak into the wild card, and of course the Patriots want to play the Jets as tough as possible.  That's nine games out of 16.  So who wants to have a serious tiebreaker in the back pocket?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]For a guy that didn't come here to KISS BB RINGS he sure talks about the Pats and mostly about Brady.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

He obsessed.  I truly think he has issues........