What do you need to see?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

What do you need to see?

I know, I know the media idiots are all saying no matter how well the Pats play over the next 4 weeks it won't matter because they haven't proven themselves against good teams.

But what do you guys want to see? What will make you feel confident going into the playoffs? Will just a simple "W" do it, or do you want to see 4 blow-outs?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

Re: What do you need to see?

In Response to What do you need to see?:
    [QUOTE]I know, I know the media idiots are all saying no matter how well the Pats play over the next 4 weeks it won't matter because they haven't proven themselves against good teams. But what do you guys want to see? What will make you feel confident going into the playoffs? Will just a simple "W" do it, or do you want to see 4 blow-outs?
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]

Well,,,not quitting would be a good start.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I want to see the defense improve.  Get tough.  Make plays.  Things like that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: What do you need to see?:
    [QUOTE]I want to see the defense improve.  Get tough.  Make plays.  Things like that.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

If they make plays against the Panthers will you be happy or will you chalk it up to them just playing a bad team?

I'm asking because I just had an argument with a co-worker who informed me that unless the Pats win by at least 10 and don't let the oppsing team score more then 14 points in the next 4 games, then they suuck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

honestly, i just need to see the team play with passion and get a W in any way.  if they get some sacks/solid pass rush and good overall contributions from the offense, then so much the better.  but the way things have been going, i just want to see a win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I dont care if they win by one point in everygame as long as they are holding the Lombardi trophy at the end of the season. The way they are playing now I don't see that happening. I'm still a little hopefull.

Go Pats!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

I want the offense to score in the red zone and the defense to put pressure on the QB without sending all 11 guys!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

1. Better offensive play calling.  Go back to pre-2007...
    2. The defense not go into a prevent defense until the waning moments of the game, not the start of the 2nd half.

We have other problems, but we'd be sitting pretty right now if we just did those two.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I want to see Brady hit those open TD passes that present themselves every game once or twice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

some form of consistency on both sides of the ball.  No more giving up 21 points in the second half, no more throwing it deep on 2nd and long, just more even effort by everyone from the coaches to the players.  It's a young team that clearly needs some time to mature, the next four weeks will be telling.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I would like to see a win on the road. Our next one is at Buffalo.....no easy task for this team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Your coworker is a dumb@ss.  Look at the Steelers, they lost to Oakland, Kansas City and Chicago but I'm certainly not going to count them out.  I wouldn't be surprised if they won their last 4 and made a run in the playoffs.  All that matters is getting into the playoffs and how you play then.  You don't get anything for glamour points in the NFL.  Go out and win by any means and get hot in the postseason.  Anything can happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

What I would "love" to see is BB sign Mr. Willie Mac. for one day and have him come in the locker room and point his finger at Adalias Thomas and say "YOU OUTSIDE IN THE PARKING LOT NOW!!!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

The whole team play solid, sound football for 60 minutes. Not 45, 50, 55, 59. It's embarrassing to see the halftime leads they've blown.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Whether they win games by 1 point or 10 points, what I would like to see is the team FINISH games to the end!  They are playing plays all the way through, not giving up until the whistle blows.  When's the last time we saw an "oh boy!" defensive hit?  Unless this happens, these second half woes will continue and the Pats will get bludgeoned by a team hungry to win and play the full 60 minutes.

Also, Brady needs to get his head in the game MUCH better.  HE obviously knows he has pulled some bone headed plays.  Could it be he is trying to atone for lack of play making on the part of other players, to make a big play to them and bring them back into the play making fold?

Lastly, a touch of some players who may be thinking they can "turn it on" at will.  How can they look so good in the first half and then look so poor in the second?  Could we be seeing some "coasting"?

The talent is there, we have seen it.  It is the heart of the players that seem to be short on gusto.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I want to see the team look like they want to play. The players' body language the last few weeks has been terrible. No one looks like they are interested in playing. It seems like they fall apart once something goes wrong, and they can't bounce back.

I'd also like to see the red zone offense and the pass rush improve. Even slight improvements in these areas would help dramatically.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

What I would "love" to see is BB sign Mr. Willie Mac. for one day and have him come in the locker room and point his finger at Adalias Thomas and say "YOU OUTSIDE IN THE PARKING LOT NOW!!!"
    Posted by harleyroadking103

HA HA HA! Wouldn't that be sweet. Maybe 'Sweet' Willie 'McGilly' can teach him how to create a pass rush.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Posted by harleyroadking103

I want this too! After that...I'd like to see them make better halftime adjustments, offensively and defensively. I think this has cost them a couple games this year....maybe even moreso on offense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

If they run the table I have confidence they can win the 1st playoff game. They need play considerably better to do that starting with not sucking in the 2nd half of just about every game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

See? See? I am blind to this team after seeing the better part of the past 10 years.   I would like to witness some intelligent play calling on Offense and Defense, more effort, some directed anger, $4 beers at the stadium, free parking in the lots that they already own...buck the trend, Pats! More effort, less entitlement!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I would like to see the opposing Quarterback look confused, even for just 2 minutes.

What happened to the days where inexperienced QBs were an automatic loss against a BB defense?

Now we are more likely to sit back in loose coverage, with no blitzing and let sub-par QBs tear us apart.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you need to see? : If they make plays against the Panthers will you be happy or will you chalk it up to them just playing a bad team? I'm asking because I just had an argument with a co-worker who informed me that unless the Pats win by at least 10 and don't let the oppsing team score more then 14 points in the next 4 games, then they suuck.

He's an idiot.  The weather's colder and scoring will be tougher.

Wins are wins.  If they improve in the red zone on offense and defense, then I'd be happy.

It's more about seeing improvement.  If I see good things happening and I see the team make progress, then I'm not going to pay attention to the score and set ultimatums.  If they're doing good things, then the score will take care of itself.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to What do you need to see?:
    [QUOTE]I know, I know the media idiots are all saying no matter how well the Pats play over the next 4 weeks it won't matter because they haven't proven themselves against good teams. But what do you guys want to see? What will make you feel confident going into the playoffs? Will just a simple "W" do it, or do you want to see 4 blow-outs?

1) Better coaching decisions - take pts when you have them, manage clock better, better offensive play calling (where's the wildcat?, less predictable), manage the field position better.
    2)From the players - better tackling, better ball hawking skills - we need turnovers from defense or special teams, play w/ emotion
    3) Establish a better running game - we need at least 100 yards per game
    4) Better punting game - we need to pin down opponents w/i their own 10 when possible
    5) Better play makers/game changers - solve our poor Red Zone Offense and Red Zone Defense - and most of our problems go away.

and altho I already said it once....play w/ emotion/passion

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

1. See this team play all 4 quarters on both sides of the ball
    2. See the offense make adjustments to the opposing defenses halftime adjustments
    3. See us pound the ball more and string some first downs together running the football.
    4. Not always gamble on 4th down especially when your in field goal range.
    5. Going with #4 not leave so many points on the field.
    6. Start seeing more pressure on the QB
    7. See the defense not letting the opposing offense to have a nice easy QB clinic.
    8. Better tackling especially at the line of scrimmage.

Sections
Shortcuts