What do you think of the Culter deal?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Re: What do you think of the Culter deal?

[QUOTE]That is true. You will be watching the Pats in January. I just don't think we will see you in January.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

You're wrong we will see the Mannings in January. They'll be staring lovingly into each other's eyes while licking the cream out of Oreos.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]jbolt is unwilling to admit that he is the happiest one on this site about this move.  The proof? 1) he consistently has identified this QB's talent with his teams' win-loss record.  Certainly some fault can be laid at the feet of the QB, but even as the most important player on the team he is still not as important as a player on a basketball team or a pitcher on a baseball team or even a goalie in hockey or soccer.  A QB is the least important "most important" player in major sports.  2) he uses Vandy win loss records to prove his point - this is the best.  LOL.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Very true underdogg
    Jbolt continues to point out Cutlers record but I'm sure that inside he couldn't be happier to see the man who threw for over 700 yds against his defense in two games last year leave his division.
    I haven't seen many quarterbacks play defense in my lifetime. I am not a fan off Cutler by any means but give the man his due. As a quarterback he has certainly done his job on the field.
    His win loss percentage isn't his fault. He had no defense. Period. Not in college, not in Denver.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Okay, so Cutler had no defense in Denver.

How well do you think he'll do in Chicago with no recievers?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]You're wrong we will see the Mannings in January. They'll be staring lovingly into each other's eyes while licking the cream out of Oreos.
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]

jbolted is a Chargers fan. The Mannings refuse to play for the Chargers. Even Cooper.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

Re: Would You Trade Back Ramón Ramirez For Coco Crisp???

[QUOTE]Only if you had the baseball knowledge of Law.
    Posted by flasox[/QUOTE]

You mean one out of a million? Then basically the
    answer should be no...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

Re: Would You Trade Back Ramón Ramirez For Coco Crisp???

[QUOTE]Only if you had the baseball knowledge of Law.
    Posted by flasox[/QUOTE]
    You mean one out of a million? Then the
    Answer you should be
    no.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]Jbolt: So, kohai - you don't believe that Cutler, being in a weaker division (NFC) and conference (NFC North) as a result of the Denver-Chicago deal, will have a better winning percentage in 2009 than in the previous three seasons with Denver? Although I am not a fan of his, it would not surprise me if he led the Bears to the post-season. As you well know, the NFC is such a crapshoot at playoff time that if Cutler gets them into the playoffs - he has as good a shot as anyone else on the NFC side.
    Posted by Belenus555[/QUOTE]

1st- Cutler chokes under pressure
    2nd- The pressure of being 'the guy' on a 9-7 team that expects to be 14-2 will be too much for him
    3rd- Bear fans are more hardcore then Denver fans. If the Bears start 0-2,3-3, or ANYTHING other then well over 500 after 6 games, he'll go back to staring at his shoes after every blown 3rd down on the way off the field.
    4th- Lovie Smith is defense minded, not the offensive guru type at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]Very true underdogg Jbolt continues to point out Cutlers record but I'm sure that inside he couldn't be happier to see the man who threw for over 700 yds against his defense in two games last year leave his division. I haven't seen many quarterbacks play defense in my lifetime. I am not a fan off Cutler by any means but give the man his due. As a quarterback he has certainly done his job on the field. His win loss percentage isn't his fault. He had no defense. Period. Not in college, not in Denver.
    Posted by ricky1554atl[/QUOTE]

Actually I'm sad. On account of the fact that Cutler had a 1-4 record against SD, I'm sorry to see him go. And that 1 was the Hochuli game. I wouldn't expect UD to see that, but you Ricky are disappointing me. 

Cutler sucks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

First and foremost, why did the Denver management team even consider trading away Cutler?

I wouldn't think McDaniels entertained the thought in a vacuum.  He would have discussed it with other Broncos coaches (asking a question like: "Is Cutler the QB that can lead this team to the playoffs and the SB?") and the owner.  How can anyone pin it all on McDaniels?

Secondly, IMHO, Culter came out looking very bad and not appearing to being a team player.  We've heard that he initially requested to be traded then sounded hurt when the trade talks actually started.  Then he literally goes AWOL and stops communicating with the team.  Not exactly the actions of someone committed to being a team leader.  Seems he burned his bridges with his actions.

As for the trade itself, chances are the Broncos got a QB who is more open to being "coached" and will do what is necessary for the team.  Seems both sides are happy and there will always be fans who criticize their team's action as it does not fit what their "opinion" is for the situation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Happy 25th anniversery.  It's been 25 years since the lying Irsays slithered out of Baltimore in the middle of the night.  Any idea where they are going next?
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE]

Superbowl baby!

Mayflower is no longer an Indy based company and Robert is dead.  Robert Irsay is like Jay Cutler calling the bluff of those who think they have power.  Power to the little guy is what I say!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Asking for the trade was the way to do it. Which he apparently did. I would agree that would be theonly way for him to get out of Denver. Not answering his phone like a baby and then telling the media they didn't try to contact him and then, after the deal was done, claiming that he didn't want to be traded were both emotionally immature. I think we might actually agree on those points as well. I honestly would be willing to cut him some slack on the "I didn't want to be traded." comment by seeing at as him really trying to say, "This is not the situation I hoped for with a new coach. I wanted to remain in Denver, play with the Broncos and bring a title to the town. But after being treated the way I was, I felt it best to request a trade." 
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

With all due respect in a situation like this, there is no real way to be a polite duckhead.  Cutler had to PROVE to the organization that he was serious, and frankly stringing them along and giving mixed signals by answering calls and playing nice really isn't the way to go about things. 

As for bs-ing after the deal was done, typical damage control and completely unbelievable-same as mcdaniels claiming he didn't try to deal cutler. 

Finally, if you reread his comments, he could have been honest in his comments. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]  Actually I'm sad. On account of the fact that Cutler had a 1-4 record against SD, I'm sorry to see him go. And that 1 was the Hochuli game. I wouldn't expect UD to see that, but you Ricky are disappointing me.  Cutler sucks
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

If you really felt that way, you would have stated it immediately.  You didn't.  So I guess you are scared now of Kyle Orton?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]Okay, so Cutler had no defense in Denver. How well do you think he'll do in Chicago with no recievers?
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

I'm not defending him. Just giving him credit where I believe it's due.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]  Actually I'm sad. On account of the fact that Cutler had a 1-4 record against SD, I'm sorry to see him go. And that 1 was the Hochuli game. I wouldn't expect UD to see that, but you Ricky are disappointing me.  Cutler sucks

I tell you what's disppointing to you. Your team has NO SB wins and LT is finished.  I am not a fan of Cutler, by any means. Your still crying about the Hochuli game. Yea....you got robbed.  Every time you post you mention that. WE GET IT! GET OVER IT! How many yards did Cutler throw against you in two games last year. Do you even know the answer to that? I don't think you do. Cause if you did....you would never say he sucks unless you were a fool. Well, on the other hand, maybe you do know.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]I tell you what's disppointing to you. Your team has NO SB wins and LT is finished.  I am not a fan of Cutler, by any means. Your still crying about the Hochuli game. Yea....you got robbed.  Every time you post you mention that. WE GET IT! GET OVER IT! How many yards did Cutler throw against you in two games last year. Do you even know the answer to that? I don't think you do. Cause if you did....you would never say he sucks unless you were a fool. Well, on the other hand, maybe you do know.

Notice the ball control (balancing the ball on his head) with the game on the line:

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]I tell you what's disppointing to you. Your team has NO SB wins and LT is finished.  I am not a fan of Cutler, by any means. Your still crying about the Hochuli game. Yea....you got robbed.  Every time you post you mention that. WE GET IT! GET OVER IT! How many yards did Cutler throw against you in two games last year. Do you even know the answer to that? I don't think you do. Cause if you did....you would never say he sucks unless you were a fool. Well, on the other hand, maybe you do know.

The hoculi game did not matter.  8-8 was all that was necessary to win the division and get a home game. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Its seems to me that the Broncos got alot compared to what the Pats got for Cassel. I realize MC's tag was a problem and the Pats needed to move him quickly but still MC and MV for #34 pick,and Cutler for 2 #1's a 5th plus Ortin...thoughts?
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

They needed to put a strap to that punk. Does Archie Manning have another kid?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

They needed to put a strap to that punk. Does Archie Manning have another kid?
    Posted by passedball

I think you need to stop worrying about the Mannings' business manuevers and start worrying about your rehabbing QB with his shoot em up posse. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

How good is Jay Culter? Let's look at the players that compares well to JC: Young, pro bowl QBs that put up big single season passing yardage numbers.

Jay Culter: 4,526 yds: 25 years old, PB (pro bowl)
    Dan Marino 5,084 yds, 23 yrs, PB
    Neil Lomax: 4,614 yds, 25 yrs, PB
    Drew Bledsoe: 4,555 yds, 22 yrs, PB
    Mark Brunell: 4,367 yds, 26 yrs, PB
    Don Majkowski: 4,318 yds, 25 yrs, PB
    Peyton Manning, 4,413 yds, 24 yrs, PB
    Jim Everett, 4,310 yds, 26 yrs, (PB next year)

Only one without a winning record at that point in their careers is Jay Cutler.  I know UNDERDOG and the Broncos Nation believe that Cutler is destined for greatness, but history is not so clear.  Will Culter turn out to be Dan Marino or Don Majkowski?  My guess is more like Jim Everett.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

How good is Jay Cutler?

It depends on whether you gauge wins & team success as your most important category (not the only one).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]How good is Jay Cutler? It depends on whether you gauge wins & team success as your most important category (not the only one).

Wins and team success are the ONLY stats that matter. But you cannot put all wins and losses on one player. That's what I've been saying in response to all your postings. Even, in my opinion, the most important player on the field. the quarterback. If that's the case, then how about kickers? They have just as much chance of winning or losing a game as anyone. Or how about cornerbacks? They could blow coverage and lose a game real quick, or pick one off and run it in. Winning is ALL that matters. But you cannot put it all on the quarterback.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]How good is Jay Culter? Let's look at the players that compares well to JC: Young, pro bowl QBs that put up big single season passing yardage numbers. Jay Culter: 4,526 yds: 25 years old, PB (pro bowl) Dan Marino 5,084 yds, 23 yrs, PB Neil Lomax: 4,614 yds, 25 yrs, PB Drew Bledsoe: 4,555 yds, 22 yrs, PB Mark Brunell: 4,367 yds, 26 yrs, PB Don Majkowski: 4,318 yds, 25 yrs, PB Peyton Manning, 4,413 yds, 24 yrs, PB Jim Everett, 4,310 yds, 26 yrs, (PB next year) Only one without a winning record at that point in their careers is Jay Cutler.  I know UNDERDOG and the Broncos Nation believe that Cutler is destined for greatness, but history is not so clear.  Will Culter turn out to be Dan Marino or Don Majkowski?  My guess is more like Jim Everett.
    Posted by bobomul[/QUOTE]

Bobomul - you forgot then to see check the defensive stats for those teams.  So before you pass judgement, I suggest you see what the QB was up against.  Did he HAVE to win the game for the team by outscoring the opponent or did he at least have an adequate d to help.  

And by the way - how come Matt Cassel isn't up there because at its origin this is ultimately what this is about.  Did you not include Cassel because he sat the bench for 8 years and then got to drive a ferrari offense while also enjoying the protection of hummer defense?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]How good is Jay Cutler? It depends on whether you gauge wins & team success as your most important category (not the only one).

Its apples and oranges.  as the most important player on a 53 man roster although he does not  kick, punt, return, or play defense, you simply cannot lay a team's record entirely at the feet of the QB. 

If we define an individual's success soley by the record of the team in the most team oriented sport in all major sports, then Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, and Brad Johnson would all have been considered Hall of Fame QB's before Dan Marino.  It would also mean that David Tyree is a better wide receiver than Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Terrell Owens, and on and on.  

It also, for you jbolt, makes san diego one of the worst franchises in the NFL.  At the bottom are: 

Cleveland, Detroit, New Orleans, Jacksonville and Houston -
    Then - San Diego, Tennessee, Carolina, Atlanta, Seattle, and Arizona.  

But if that is how you measure an individual - ok.  I don't really see it that way.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Exactly dogg......exactly.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

You've proven your point, UD, that Cutler can put up big numbers on bad teams.  So did Jim Everett.  If CHI defense holds, JC will win more games.  But will he be able to win in the playoffs? We don't know that yet and the record is spotty.

The AFC West had 4 of the 7 worst defenses in the league last year.  Cutler put up big numbers mainly against bad defenses in shoot out games.  Against teams ranked in the top 18 in total defense (JAC, NE, TB, MIA, NYJ, CAR and BUF) Cutler's production is not nearly as good.  In the playoffs, JC doesn't get to beat up on the KCs and Oak of the NFL.  He'll need to show he can get into the end zone and limit his turnovers vs the best in the league.  I say he'll come up short.