What do you think of The Occupy the Super Bowl initiative?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

What do you think of The Occupy the Super Bowl initiative?

Yeah, you all know by now that I am a liberal, but I think it is a stupid, stupid idea that is destined to backfire.  Really ticks me off.  Didn't they learn from Nipple-gate?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Re: What do you think of The Occupy the Super Bowl initiative?

Tell me where the camp is located cause it will sure save me $$$ on a hotel room.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

As long as the Pats occupy the endzone all day it is fine by me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: What do you think of The Occupy the Super Bowl initiative?:
    Tell me where the camp is located cause it will sure save me $$$ on a hotel room.
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST

LMAO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Don't forget to vote in the poll.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

You need to add a choice of 'Get Barney Frank to enact another Community Reinvestment Act'

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2008/09/28/franks_fingerprints_are_all_over_the_financial_fiasco/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I voted for the rumble.

If I had any money left over this weekend then I'd give my last dollar to see both sides go all spidermonkey slap fight on each other!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I am also sure they are not happy about Indiana's right to work bill currently running through our legislature.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In Response to What do you think of The Occupy the Super Bowl initiative?:
    Yeah, you all know by now that I am a liberal, but I think it is a stupid, stupid idea that is destined to backfore.  Really ticks me off.  Didn't they learn from Nipple-gate?
    Posted by chrisakawoody

I did not vote - I would say who cares about the movement as the message is lost. They cant even tell us why they are there. At least the Tea Party has a message.

Chris  - love you post  - hate you politics. But it's all good because we live in the USA! Gald you are proud to post what you are.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

"Spider monkey."  That cracked me up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to What do you think of The Occupy the Super Bowl initiative? : I did not vote - I would say who cares about the movement as the message is lost. They cant even tell us why they are there. At least the Tea Party has a message. Chris  - love you post  - hate you politics. But it's all good because we live in the USA! Gald you are proud to post what you are.
    Posted by thehub

I like and respect your attitude about it.  I have worked for years in finance, and now business-to-business sales, and have been part of a tiny minoirty in those worlds, so I learned to respect any opposing views, without being whipmpy about it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Lets see,

A bunch of smelly, mostly kids (though not all) whinning about it not being fair that they don't have what others do and having no real clear message while costing tax payers millions of dollars in their name

Vs.

A bunch of lubbed up football fans who spent years slaving for hard earned money in hopes of seeing a SB

Yeah I don't see this ending well for the occupiers lol

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

I voted for the rumble too.

But I suppose if you wanna get the grease, you gotta be a squeaky wheel. 

And there's no better snapshot of gaudy excess (other than the frat party Wall Street threw last week)
     http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/01/20/raucous-hazing-at-a-wall-st-fraternity/ than the SuperBowl.

So while they will probably be annoying, and embarass many of us who reside on that side of the political spectrum, i can see why they're doing it...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Didn't take long for somebody to drop the Nazi reference. That was not my intent.

Guys, guys, guys (and gals, NEGame, etc.), this was meant in fun, to deride what is likely a bunch of ironically born-of-rich, spoiled, idealistically-naive, rudderless, fashion-of-the-day-protesters, backlashing against their parents, Buffy and Skip, that want to foolishly stick their noses into an event in which they so clearly do not belong.  I mean, have any of them even watched a Super Bowl?  Talk about mega-miscalculation...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I dunno, I'm the 53%, and don't think about the occutard movement much.  Like all movements on the fringe, even the Tea Party, there are elements of their message I can respect.  The message always seems to get buried under 100 feet of manure with these groups. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I dunno, I'm the 53%, and don't think about the occutard movement much.  Like all movements on the fringe, even the Tea Party, there are elements of their message I can respect.  The message always seems to get buried under 100 feet of manure with these groups. 
    Posted by carawaydj

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

have you stopped by a camp Chris?  Yeah, some fulfill that sterotype, but many don't.

Funny enough, we stopped by the camp in Philly when we were there for the Pats game in November.  Interesting day for them - they had been there for 58 days, and just gotten word that the cops were moving them out that night...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In Response to Re: What do you think of The Occupy the Super Bowl initiative? : A message? What's that?  "We need to move more to the right than the extreme right-owned Republican Party so we are one step away from Nazism"? I don't mean to turn this into an argument, but come on, dude.  The Tea Party didn't think the current religious right Republicans were right enough for them. That's fairly disturbing considering where Nazism falls on the political spectrum.
    Posted by RustyGriswold

I was just pointing out that the Tea Party has more of a vision then the Occupy Party. I never said what I agree with or not.
    I am how proud to be a republican. Not having one of our best years but it's better than the other guys. In my opinion.

I do think we should all pay taxes!

I like the post about people (like me) who saved money to come to the game and running into those that what me to redistribute my money to them. I say we live in a great land of opportunity - get a job and make some money is what I will tell them as I walk by with my ticket in hand.

Check back later for your reply, if you do reply as I know you don't post often (joke) I am heading into a meeting to make some money.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I am 100% in behind  the issues where the tea party and occupy movement intersect which I think is essentially restore free market capitalism and democracy.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Nothing will stop the global aganda. Certainly the occupiers will not. It is written.

As long as they don't screw up the game they can knock themselves out as far as I'm concerned.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

have you stopped by a camp Chris?  Yeah, some fulfill that stereotype, but many don't. Funny enough, we stopped by the camp in Philly when we were there for the Pats game in November.  Interesting day for them - they had been there for 58 days, and just gotten word that the cops were moving them out that night...
    Posted by fatsam72

I participated in the March 2003 Chicago demonstration against invading Iraq.  The whole event was treated like a joke - clown costumes, poor speakers with whimpy voices, various people and groups of people vying vainly for attention in a way not related to the seriousness of the impending situation.  Totally mismanaged and disheartening.  

Flash forward to another such demonstration on the 1-year-anniversary, in Yorkville, IL, that was moved to another location on the last day, without emailing or calling registered, intended attendees like me.  There's 90 minutes of driving, down the drain after leaving work early.  YAYYYYY!

Flash forward to the R.I. Teachers Union demonstration at the state house last winter.  Iced walkways were never shoveled, so loads of people slipped and fell hard.  Weak-voiced, meandering speakers, one after another.  Ridiculously poor implementation of a bullhorn (with a failing battery) as a PA system.  Very, very painfully disorganized.

Flash forward to this New Year's Eve in Providence, when a volunteer marching band and group of jubilant revelers were drowned out at midnight by a minority group of Providence Occupiers banging pots and screaming slogans.  What a drag.  Walked through their camp.  Pig sty.

Trust me, the people at each one of these events were cut from the same cloth.  I am very agreeable to their grievances, but thoroughly frustrated by their comically inept tactics, vain motives and frenetic nature.  I have fantasized about joining up, so as to be a public speaker on behalf of them (one of my strengths), every time I witnessed a succession of their leaders mauling the science of public speaking.  But I have had so many bad experiences with the cliche' members that I just can't be moved to do it.

Oh, yeah, I forget to mention aligning with them in Aurora, IL, circa 2006/2007, to protest vs. the owners of a dangerously dilapidated defunct hospital.  Every solid idea I had would be watered-down and tinkered to ineffective compromise for the sake of vanity-over-practicality. For example I am a sign designer, have designed many logos, and came up with a good slogan and a logo for a poster to be distributed throughout the neighborhood.  Everybody said they loved it, that it was brilliant. But some micro-manager made me spend all day reformatting it for a print shop of which he knew that did not use the platform I used to create the design, even though I offered to print 500 copies for free on my own color laser printer, instead pushing me to rush it into production in a different format (while I should have been working), only to turn around and re-design it without telling me, thusly ruining the design and wasting about seven hours of my work.  You know how it goes: It takes one creative mind to invent a good idea that will work, and one committee of lesser minds to put their own personal tweaks on it, to the detriment of effectiveness, for the sake of claiming, "It was my idea, too!"

Is that enough experience for you?

Again, sympathize with the inspiration.  Hate the execution.

Sections
Shortcuts